Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 (2898 Views)

El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 / Donald Duke, Omojuwa, Buhari Evaluate The Chances Of Youth In 2019 Election / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by DontForceUnity: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Exactly... No Nigerian will want an igbo man in aso rock
They are not equal citizens with us
And so shall it dawn on all south east political prostitutes and ohanaeze when the time comes....

Ipob was right after all
There is no place for an igbo man in Nigeria

2023 no far

Treacherous Igbos by then will value the battle fought by IPOB today.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

It's good you realize we are in the boat together. i wonder why you were making it look like you were no longer a Nigerian with buhari as your presido cheesy

Nigerian that their fellow Nigerians like you and the op said will never rule this country because of his ethnicity and you said it so proudly and loudly.I would have loved and cherish Buhari if only he is a good leader but unfortunately he is not.I will never hate on a good man nor matter where that person comes from.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by shukuokukobambi: 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

Nigerian that their fellow Nigerians like you and the op said will never rule this country because of his ethnicity and you said it so proudly and loudly.I would have loved and cherish Buhari if only he is a good leader but unfortunately he is not.I will never hate on a good man nor matter where that person comes from.

I have no problem with igbo man becoming president. as bad as abacha was, his 5 years had some positives for the country e.g stopping the failed bank syndrome and keeping FX stable despite sanctions.

Work for it like others and stop your hatred of other tribes because you lost in the political arena. OBJ snooker IBB and Ekwueme, Buhari snooker Tinubu. Obj + GEJ snooker Atiku. No hard feelings. prepare better next time

3 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

I have no problem with igbo man becoming president. as bad as abacha was, his 5 years had some positives for the country e.g stopping the failed bank syndrome and keeping FX stable despite sanctions.

Work for it like others and stop your hatred of other tribes because you lost in the political arena. OBJ snooker IBB and Ekwueme, Buhari snooker Tinubu. Obj + GEJ snooker Atiku. No hard feelings. prepare better next time

It's well!
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by shukuokukobambi: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

It's well!

indeed it is

4 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Jesusloveyou: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

In 1967.... Buhari killed more than 1million igbos
Today that he is president... He has continued his killing spree... with the help of his herdsmen and Fulani army

It takes only a political prostitute or a headless human being from the east to support buhari
the few wise men from the east has read the handwriting on the wall that the only way for Igbo 2023 is to support buhari. Whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Jesusloveyou: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

show or tell me any good leader in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
show or tell me any good leader in Nigeria

I never seen any since I was born but some are worst than others.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
Lomprico2:
U talk sense bro!

Its igbo not ibo by the way. wink

Nigeria will never give an igbo man the #1 position.
You are wrong. It is inevitable that in the next few election cycles that an Igbo man will be elected president of Nigeria. Also, the OP's political miscalculation of a Niger deltan being thrown up as a candidate to complete Jonathan's tenure is complete hogwash
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Jesusloveyou: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

I never seen any since I was born but some are worst than others.
for now buhari remain the best

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
for now buhari remain the best

That is rightly your opinion no doubt.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 12:21am On Nov 15, 2017
Unfortunately many people approach issues sentimentally and emotionally. I am not anti-Ibo. No, I am not. I am not Yoruba but a full blooded Rivers man. 2023 will not be handed to Ibos on a plattter of gold. It will be thrown to the South especially if Buhari wins a second term in 2019. The South will exclude West if the game is fair. It will be left to SS and South East. The South South man which I am would remember that Jonathan did not do 8 years. With the dynamism of Nigeria's politics alloyed with the current trend of IPOB and other related group agitation an unbiased Nigeria from West and North would prefer a SS person to the office.
One day an Ibo man will be the president if Nigeria remains but it is not as soon as envisaged by some politician in the East.
Please no bad belle. This is the gospel thruth.

2 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 15, 2017
Fine and good, but let me ask, of all the other tribes that have been ruling this country since its creation, have their people gotten better for it? What is even the benefit of having your tribesman as the president of this country, asides the bragging right? He gets in there picks his associates and friends as usual and Merry.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 15, 2017
chrisxxx:
Unfortunately many people approach issues sentimentally and emotionally. I am not anti-Ibo. No, I am not. I am not Yoruba but a full blooded Rivers man. 2023 will not be handed to Ibos on a plattter of gold. It will be thrown to the South especially if Buhari wins a second term in 2019. The South will exclude West if the game is fair. It will be left to SS and South East. The South South man which I am would remember that Jonathan did not do 8 years. With the dynamism of Nigeria's politics alloyed with the current trend of IPOB and other related group agitation an unbiased Nigeria from West and North would prefer a SS person to the office.
One day an Ibo man will be the president if Nigeria remains but it is not as soon as envisaged by some politician in the East.

If the nation isn't a sick one, who cares where anyone comes from, when shall we drop this mentality of political rotation without any real leadership that would lead to development?

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by TheKingdom: 3:42am On Nov 15, 2017
To the OP

You guys are just recycling the same analysis day in day out. The same was said in 2003, then 2011 and again and again.

Break the zoo, period. We dont want any stupid Igbo Presidency scam
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 3:57am On Nov 15, 2017
SnowJay92:

If the nation isn't a sick one, who cares where anyone comes from, when shall we drop this mentality of political rotation without any real leadership that would lead to development?
This is how it is supposed. Unfortunately Nigeria has no trade other than oil and politics which means those who are not rich by working or doing oil related business will delve into politics. Politics become an occupation that even federal character recognises. You see the cry with Buhari's perceived biased appointments?
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Nationalman: 6:55am On Nov 15, 2017
Lomprico2:
U talk sense bro!

Its igbo not ibo by the way. wink

Nigeria will never give an igbo man the #1 position.
That is not true.You take power.but the way the igbos go about it is the problem.when 2023 comes .they will present nothing less than 15-20 candidates.even a spare part dealer that knows nothing about governance but has some cast to spend will be forming the best candidate from the east.this will only end up killing their chances.Others will sit back and watch .they will wait till the dying minutes to see if they will get their acts together.which unfortunately they might not.this will give them the needed boost to strike and take power.They dont believe in consensus building .The Japanese are good at this.they know who is better than them.so they step down to support such. Not the igbos. come 2023 even when they are given the slot i bet some will still clamor and vote for candidates outside their Zone .its their nature of doing politics.Me i would vote ogbonaya onu anytime any day. he's my preferred choice

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by HiddenShadow: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2017
chrisxxx:

My brother from Rivers state can you answer this simple question below.

What will happen to Nigeria if Buhari hands over power to a fellow Northerner or Westerner by 2023.?

How will the non Igbo speaking part of South South respond to that action.?
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=HiddenShadow post=62393441]
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2017
sd
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2017
HiddenShadow:

My brother from Rivers state can you answer this simple question below.

What will happen to Nigeria if Buhari hands over power to a fellow Northerner or Westerner by 2023.?

How will the non Igbo speaking part of South South respond to that action.?

If read through my post u will see that I feared what you asked by saying if the game is fair.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by HiddenShadow: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2017
chrisxxx:

If read through my post u will see that I feared what you asked by saying if the game is fair.

I want you to be clear about your point.

How will the Non Igbo speaking part of SS respond to power going to the Yorubas or remaining in the North after Buhari by 2023.?

Pls state it clearly for everyone to see.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2017
HiddenShadow:

I want you to be clear about your point.

How will the Non Igbo speaking part of SS respond to power going to the Yorubas or remaining in the North after Buhari by 2023.?

Pls state it clearly for everyone to see.
Unfortunately I am not their mouthpiece.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by HiddenShadow: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2017
chrisxxx:

Unfortunately I am not their mouthpiece.

You brought up a sensitive topic and spoke with authority about the future

So, tell me how your Rivers people will react if Buhari fails to hand over power to the SS and SE.

Be clear about it.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
HiddenShadow:

You brought up a sensitive topic and spoke with authority about the future

So, tell me how your Rivers people will react if Buhari fails to hand over power to the SS and SE.

Be clear about it.
I don't think you read what I wrote. I wonder from what angle your question is emanating. My write up has to do with Ndi-Igbo re-strategising.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by ezeagu(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ibadan before a Yoruba president:

Ibadan under a Yoruba president:

Ibadan after a Yoruba president:

3 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by isalegan2: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
chrisxxx:
I have observed in recent time how prominent people of Ibo extraction have been harping on 2023 as their year. I am not a politician but mark this page. The earliest time an Ibo man would be president is in 16 years time. I mean 16 years from 2019.
The politics that will play out in 2023 is that the North and West will spur up the Niger Deltan politicians to contest in order to complete the tenure of Jonathan. Amaechi is on the line for this. Certainly he would have the votes of the North and West and this is game over for the hope of the East in 2023.
Mark my words. This will play out.

No one thought America would have a Black president before 2030 or even as long as 2050 but they got one in 2008.

I would love to see an Igbo President of Nigeria in 2019; I don't see GMB running again, so why not an Igbo man then!
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by isalegan2: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
DontForceUnity:

OK

2023 is not far.

You will understand very soon the meaning of Igbophobia Nigerians have.

If Ekwueme can be cheated for an Obasanjo to emerge, Okorocha, is a small rat before these Nigerian bigots.

Okorocha can do it providing Igbos support him. But they seem to distrust him. That can change once he appears to be a finalist as the election draws closer. Buhari loves that guy and he seems very likable to the average man.

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by omohayek: 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
SnowJay92:

Thank you! You have it exactly right. It's too bad most Nigerians are so obsessed with leaders' origins, even though it has never made any real difference for their tribesmen to date.

Speaking as a Yoruba man, I would rather have an Igbo [or Efik, or Birom, or Tiv, or Edo, or even Fulani] president who respects the rule of law, understands economics, freely floats the Naira, massively privatizes and downsizes the FG, cultivates foreign investment, etc., leading to 10% or more annual GDP growth, than a Yoruba president who is as economically clueless as Buhari, and under whom Nigeria's per capita income continues to shrink due to 1-2% annual GDP growth. Other than the empty, feel-good "identity politics" of being able to say "na our pikin dey Aso Rock", the first type of president will have done far more for the great mass of Yoruba people than the latter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by GoldenChiddy: 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZWXvT7Xd4&index=8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmtEGSsfb34VMHIHePjy67xV
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by HiddenShadow: 12:06am On Nov 16, 2017
chrisxxx:

I don't think you read what I wrote. I wonder from what angle your question is emanating. My write up has to do with Ndi-Igbo re-strategising.

You haven't answer my question yet and your post did not answer my question.

How will your Rivers people respond when power is not handed over to the SS and SE.?

Answer the god dammed question.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by cstr1000: 2:27am On Nov 16, 2017
chrisxxx:
Stop talking bullshitt with authority.
Why will the north prefer the SS to an Igbo man? They have not said anything to that effect.
Infact the signal coming from the north is an Igbo presidency, so where are you getting your own prediction from? From which northern elder?

And secondly, the SE is a majority zone. Okorocha himself who fancies the presidency has more support in the north than any southern politician, so how exactly will the SS get it over the SE?
They no longer have the marginalization card to play anymore that got Jonathan elected, not when the SE a majority ethnic have not gotten their turn.

And lastly, the SW does not decide who becomes presidency. They have never decided before 2015.
They leveraged on buhari's unprecedented northern support in 2015. And in anycase, there is no SW politician that is as popular as okorocha in the north.

So where exactly are you getting your fake predictions from? Or is it from your personal non-ending reservoir of igbophobia?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

They Claim APC Is Dead In Rivers State. Pure Lies. Check This Out / Owerri PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Why Is Amotekun Only Resisted By North West And North East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.