Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 (2897 Views)

El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 / Donald Duke, Omojuwa, Buhari Evaluate The Chances Of Youth In 2019 Election / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2017
I have observed in recent time how prominent people of Ibo extraction have been harping on 2023 as their year. I am not a politician but mark this page. The earliest time an Ibo man would be president is in 16 years time. I mean 16 years from 2019.
The politics that will play out in 2023 is that the North and West will spur up the Niger Deltan politicians to contest in order to complete the tenure of Jonathan. Amaechi is on the line for this. Certainly he would have the votes of the North and West and this is game over for the hope of the East in 2023.
Mark my words. This will play out.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Lomprico2: 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
U talk sense bro!

Its igbo not ibo by the way. wink

Nigeria will never give an igbo man the #1 position.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Alariiwo: 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
@OP You have sense jare..

Don't mind the political dummies celebrating 2023 as their year. Same reason they have not produced president in years is the same reason they won't produce president in 20-30 years to come.

By 2023, there won't be any igbo leader with wide acceptance to even contest and win going by the laid down laws.

I keep saying it, the best time an Igbo could have won was 2015 under pdp, but they sold their birthright to GEJ for a plate of porridge (juicy posts). Nothing is ever guaranteed.

3 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by mightyhazel: 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
whats wrong with a nigerdelta man being president??

pls dont cry morr than thr bereaved..

we will take our chance..

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
chrisxxx:
I have observed in recent time how prominent people of Ibo extraction have been harping on 2023 as their year. I am not a politician but mark this page. The earliest time an Ibo man would be president is in 16 years time. I mean 16 years from 2019.
The politics that will play out in 2023 is that the North and West will spur up the Niger Deltan politicians to contest in order to complete the tenure of Jonathan. [b]Amaechi [/b]is on the line for this. Certainly he would have the votes of the North and West and this is game over for the hope of the East in 2023.

Igbo man must not rule but this Fulani man can rule by the name Chibuike Amaechi.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by chrisxxx(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

Igbo man must not rule but this Fulani man can rule by the name Chibuike Amaechi.
You have confirmed it. This is the campaign. Ibos would be told Amaechi is Ibo.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
chrisxxx:

You have confirmed it. This is the campaign. Ibos would be told Amaechi is Ibo.
No he is not,Igbo must never rule your paradise.
The likes of OBJ,Buhari must rule over you till enternity.

4 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by ImperialYoruba: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ochioha I of Igboland will handover to them in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by cstr1000: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
chrisxxx:
The politics that will play out in 2023 is that the North and West will spur up the Niger Deltan politicians to contest in order to complete the tenure of Jonathan. Amaechi is on the line for this. Certainly he would have the votes of the North and West and this is game over for the hope of the East in 2023.
look at this Yoruba nigga running fever on the inevitable Igbo presidency in 2023.
please, tell me who is the North and the west? You think politics is permanent? Apart from 2015 which was an aberration when have the North and west ever had a joint action?
So in your mind, APC will be foolish enough to insult the east by parading a SS presidency after Jonathan? grin

Btw, which Yoruba politician or west can stop okorocha from influencing an Igbo presidency in 2023 via the APC.?
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Cjrane2: 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
Presidency or not, it will be impressive if Nigeria lasts another 16 years.

Nigeria will definitely be consumed by insurgency at some point. Those planning to protest anything in Nigeria now know the first step is to import means of defending yourself or you will be like IPOB.

5 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by shukuokukobambi: 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

No he is not,Igbo must never rule your paradise.
The likes of OBJ,Buhari must rule over you till enternity.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

and they didn't rule you abi? all your elders, kings, elites, governors etc are paying homage to the fulani man in abakaliki today and all you can do is come and beat chest on nairaland? may you get sense no matter how small cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by PFRB: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
I pity the Igbos who take this bait. So it was in 1979-1983. 1999- today. Igbos should get some wisdom . If they don't , it is a pity.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by cstr1000: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2017
Cjrane2:
Presidency or not, it will be impressive if Nigeria lasts another 16 years.

Nigeria will definitely be consumed by insurgency at some point. Those planning to protest anything in Nigeria now know the first step is to import means of defending yourself or you will be like IPOB.
Don't give this bad belle thread any credibility.
The question should be how will the west will stop the east from producing the presidency.? cheesy
The north obviously don't care and would prefer the east for their one -naijeria stability. Afterall, They have already had 8 years.

How will the west stop the East?

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

and they didn't rule you abi? all your elders, kings, elites, governors etc are paying homage to the fulani man in abakaliki today and all you can do is come and beat chest on nairaland? may you get sense no matter how small cheesy

Who is chest beating,I was praying for you guys na.I was expecting you to say Amen.Btw,Those paying homage to Buhari have no choice than to "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's.None of those around him today voted for him in 2015 except maybe OO.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by shukuokukobambi: 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

Who is chest beating,I was praying for you guys na.I was expecting you to say Amen.Btw,Those paying homage to Buhari have no choice than to "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's.None of those around him today voted for him in 2015 except maybe OO.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Your fathers, kings, elders, govs, elites and even spiritual leaders have all helped you and i to say amen cheesy

In fact, after buhari finishes, OBJ will come back then handover to IBB. Isn't that your prayer? oya say amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by rozay12345: 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
One day, the presidency would go to the Nigerian Igbos but the political atmosphere in 2023 can not be predicted, 2023 might have its own peculiarities, we might want a Nigerian devoid of any ethnic coloration, we might want a wealthy Nigerian, we might want an activist, nobody knows tomorrow, i believe we should all strive for a better society, when the time is right, Nigerians would look beyond your ethnicity to vote you rightly as their leader.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Your fathers, kings, elders, govs, elites and even spiritual leaders have all helped you and i to say amen cheesy

In fact, after buhari finishes, OBJ will come back then handover to IBB. Isn't that your prayer? oya say amen

What is new there,is it not what has been happening since 1970?
After Buhari it's IBB's turn and after IBB comes Abdulsalam A,by so doing there will be no Igboman to rule your paradise according by your wish.

2 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by DontForceUnity: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
chrisxxx:

That is why IPOB sees those set of Igbos as fools.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by shukuokukobambi: 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

What is new there,is it not what has been happening since 1970?
After Buhari it's IBB's turn and after IBB comes Abdulsalam A,by so doing there will be no Igboman to rule your paradise according by your wish.

We had a GEJ in between so we could have such again while Abdulsalami will take igbo turn like buhari is doing now cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by DontForceUnity: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
rozay12345:
One day, the presidency would go to the Nigerian Igbos but the political atmosphere in 2023 can not be predicted, 2023 might have its own peculiarities, we might want a Nigerian devoid of any ethnic coloration, we might want a wealthy Nigerian, we might want an activist, nobody knows tomorrow, i believe we should all strive for a better society, when the time is right, Nigerians would look beyond your ethnicity to vote you rightly as their leader.

By 2023, IPOB will be proven right.

It will dawn on idiots like Umahi that Nigerians have no plan for Igbo presidency.

An uprising for freedom is around the corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Ojiofor: 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

We had a GEJ in between so we could have such again while Abdulsalami will take igbo turn like buhari is doing now cheesy
No wahala.I no drag am with you while you will enjoy equal effects of recession with Igbo people grin.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by shukuokukobambi: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ojiofor:

No wahala.I no drag am with you while you will enjoy equal effects of recession with Igbo people grin.

It's good you realize we are in the boat together. i wonder why you were making it look like you were no longer a Nigerian with buhari as your presido cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
2023 will be 8 years since Amaechi left power and you expect him to be given party ticket? you FAIL to realise that incumbent and outgoing governors wield so much power while ex governors became irrelevant politically after a maximum of 3 years when they leave power (though with exception of Tinubu).

Even the POWERFUL Sheriff could not win Senatorial election in 2011 and 2015. Sam Egwu of those days is now a glorified errand boy of Dave Umahi, Chimaroke Nnamani that installed Sullivan Chime in 2007 could not even win his LGA in 2011 and 2015 Senatorial election that he congested, Sullivan Chime that left power barely 18 months ago could not win his Polling Boot in Enugu LGA Poll. See how Ganduje has made Kwankwaso irrelevant in Kano APC.

The truth is that a new breed of politicians will vie in 2023, starting from Obaseki (if he is interested) or even Rochas but NOT Amaechi that left power 8 years ago (in 2023).

All said and done, APC must go in 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by Jesusloveyou: 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2017
This is a good tactics by buhari for the good people from the land of the rising sun to support buhari government

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by cstr1000: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
DontForceUnity:

My brother, I beg to disagree with you

Nigerians don't desire an Igbo presidency.

That is why people like me support IPOB and encourage our people to prepare technologically for freedom through any means necessary.

By 2023, it will become clear to Ohaneze and this set of political prostitutes that IPOB is right.
Who is Nigerians?
When was the last time an Igbo man ran as a candidate of a major party to know that Nigerians don't desire an Igbo presidency?
Buhari was rejected three times. He is president now.
There has never been an Igbo candidate in a major party, so where are you getting your assumption from?
Which southern candidate can defeat an okorocha candidacy for example?

If you want to campaign for IPOB, you can do it without muddling issues.

1 Like

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by zombieHUNTER: 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
Lomprico2:
U talk sense bro!

Its igbo not ibo by the way. wink

Nigeria will never give an igbo man the #1 position.

Exactly... No Nigerian will want an igbo man in aso rock
They are not equal citizens with us
And so shall it dawn on all south east political prostitutes and ohanaeze when the time comes....

Ipob was right after all
There is no place for an igbo man in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by DontForceUnity: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
cstr1000:

Who is Nigerians?
When was the last time an Igbo man ran as a candidate of a major party to know that Nigerians don't desire an Igbo presidency?
Buhari was rejected three times. He is president now.
There has never been an Igbo candidate in a major party, so where are you getting your assumption from?
Which southern candidate can defeat an okorocha candidacy for example?

If you want to campaign for IPOB, you can do it without muddling issues.

OK

2023 is not far.

You will understand very soon the meaning of Igbophobia Nigerians have.

If Ekwueme can be cheated for an Obasanjo to emerge, Okorocha, is a small rat before these Nigerian bigots.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by gidgiddy: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
chrisxxx:

90% of all Igbos dont care about the presidency of Nigeria.
Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by zombieHUNTER: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
This is a good tactics by buhari for the good people from the land of the rising sun to support buhari government

In 1967.... Buhari killed more than 1million igbos
Today that he is president... He has continued his killing spree... with the help of his herdsmen and Fulani army

It takes only a political prostitute or a headless human being from the east to support buhari

2 Likes

Re: The Chances Of An Ibo Presidency In 2023 by DontForceUnity: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
2023 will be 8 years since Amaechi left power and you expect him to be given party ticket? you FAIL to realise that incumbent and outgoing governors wield so much power while ex governors became irrelevant politically after a maximum of 3 years when they leave power (though with exception of Tinubu).

Even the POWERFUL Sheriff could not win Senatorial election in 2011 and 2015. Sam Egwu of those days is now a glorified errand boy of Dave Umahi, Chimaroke Nnamani that installed Sullivan Chime in 2007 could not even win his LGA in 2011 and 2015 Senatorial election that he congested, Sullivan Chime that left power barely 18 months ago could not win his Polling Boot in Enugu LGA Poll. See how Ganduje has made Kwankwaso irrelevant in Kano APC.

The truth is that a new breed of politicians will vie in 2023, starting from Obaseki (if he is interested) or even Rochas but NOT Amaechi that left power 8 years ago (in 2023).

All said and done, APC must go in 2019

Sorry bros

APC don't believe in free and fair elections.

Buhari will rig it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality / Which State Is This Found In Nigeria / We Are Not Interested, Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.