Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Could God's Words Be Opinions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could God's Words Be Opinions? (196 Views)

Fast, Pray, Fill your heart with GOD's Words. Love GOD. Love People / Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? / How Could GOD Allow This? How Could GOD Allow This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could God's Words Be Opinions? by EmekaStanley: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
Earlier this week, I was scrolling casually on the streets of Tiktok when I stumbled on a lady who was doing a live video. Her eloquence made me stop for a moment, I wanted to get a grip of what she was saying.

Then I got what she was communicating; and what she was saying was wrong. Yes, there is still right and wrong and there will always be. So I tried to point it out to her through the comment section but she said that was my opinion.

Now what I told her was clearly not a formation of my own words but precepts that have been proven right overtime. Yet she called it ‘my opinion’.

I am writing this brief article for 2 reasons. The first one, people are beginning to water down the right precepts of existence on the earth. It is becoming so common to see wrong being accepted as a norm, and this is affecting the earth. Someone still has to call evil by its name, to at least save people who deserve an opportunity to know what is right and wrong.

Secondly, I am for the truth, and the truth is, the earth is bound together by God word. Therefore, getting the best out of the earth means being an ardent consumer of God’s word which is the words of life.

There are billions of people like this lady I saw on Tiktok who call God’s words ‘opinion’. In fact, they seem to be increasing daily in their numbers. They keep watering down right precepts based on God’s word just to suit or satisfy their own humanities.

But in all honesty, I think some of these people do not understand what God’s word is.

First of all what is God’s word?

Whenever God’s word is mentioned a lot of people automatically assume it means only the word written in the Bible.

It goes beyond what is written therein. To start with, God’s word as written in the Bible are totally, instructions that humans need to get the best out of themselves. Also, the words written therein contain guidelines for peaceful coexistence of one another in a nation, and also man’s general relationship with the earth.

Therefore they are human oriented laws and guidelines.

For instance the Bible says, “Do not steal”.

If stealing was an opinion then why is every nation against stealing constitutionally? The same God’s word says “you shall not murder”. I am yet to see a country that approves murder of their citizens constitutionally.

Every nation knows what will become of them if murder was constitutionally approved. In essence, the words of God are nation-building words, starting from self-building.

God’s word have in them what it takes to make one what they talk about and those words were not given as opinions. They are laws.
Eating food for the survival of your body is a law and not an opinion. If you think it is an opinion then don’t eat food for a long time you will die.

The point is all what we do naturally without human interference are laws and all natural and supernatural laws are proceeds of God’s words and commands.

There is a law called the ‘law of gravity’. Summarily, it says ‘whatever goes up must come down’. Is this also an opinion?

If you think this is an opinion then get a helicopter and fly it high into the sky and walk out of it without a parachute. Now it is important to note that this law and others like it were not created by any man, they were discovered by men. Existence precedes discovery. No law discovered by man should contradict God’s word.

If there is any, then that law is FALSE. God’s word supports genuine scientific laws.

God’s word is an embodiment of both natural laws and supernatural laws and when something becomes a law there are always consequences of going against it.

A lot of nations are adopting their own laws that are totally unhuman and against the way of nature. There are consequences.
It is very understandable that a lot of humans will seek their own ways outside God’s word. Well, there are both immediate and differed consequences of breaking laws.

Therefore breaking God’s Laws in the name of having an opinion of yourselves or in the name of not believing in God’s word does not stop the consequences of going against such laws. It does not make the law or God’s word less effective or active.

Summarily, God’s word is NOT an opinion. Nature is not an opinion. But as a human who has been given the power of choice, one can choose to go against to his or her own detriment, simply because they are laws.

ES

Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
EmekaStanley:

Summarily, God’s word is NOT an opinion. Nature is not an opinion. But as a human who has been given the power of choice, one can choose to go against to his or her own detriment, simply because they are laws.

Truth is, it is an opinion BUT, IT IS THE OVERRIDING OPINION. IT IS THE VETO OPINION AND THE OPINION WHICH SHALL BE POURED DOWN AGAINST ALL IT HAS POWER OVER.

So everyone can have their say and opinion but it is the Opinion of God that will be enforced.
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
EmekaStanley:
1. God’s word is an embodiment of both natural laws and supernatural laws and when something becomes a law there are always consequences of going against it. A lot of nations are adopting their own laws that are totally unhuman and against the way of nature. There are consequences. It is very understandable that a lot of humans will seek their own ways outside God’s word. Well, there are both immediate and differed consequences of breaking laws.

2. Therefore breaking God’s Laws in the name of having an opinion of yourselves or in the name of not believing in God’s word does not stop the consequences of going against such laws. It does not make the law or God’s word less effective or active.

3. Summarily, God’s word is NOT an opinion. Nature is not an opinion. But as a human who has been given the power of choice, one can choose to go against to his or her own detriment, simply because they are laws.
1. God Himself gave His Law of Moses as a Constitution for the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan only to the children of Israel — those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins —, so can you not see that prescribing the law be implementing/forced on other nations, you invariably sin against God? undecided

2. No one should be found guilty of breaking a Law that he/she was never bound to in the first place. If the Indonesian government were to send men to Nigeria to arrest you — with no Indonesian background to your person— for crimes listed in the Indonesian Constitution, you, a Nigerian would cry out against such an act, would you not? So, why do you insist that Nigerians be judged and condemned by a Law that applies only to those who are citizens of Israel living in the Land of Canaan, people who God bound to the Law of Moses, to begin with? undecided

3. You go against God by insisting that a Law that He gave only to the people of Israel for a National Constitution in the state which He constituted of them in the Land of Canaan also belongs to your own nation of Nigeria. undecided
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by EmekaStanley: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Truth is, it is an opinion BUT, IT IS THE OVERRIDING OPINION. IT IS THE VETO OPINION AND THE OPINION WHICH SHALL BE POURED DOWN AGAINST ALL IT HAS POWER OVER.

So everyone can have their say and opinion but it is the Opinion of God that will be enforced.

Kings don't have opinions. Their instructions are laws. And all what a king decrees are always for the benefit of his kingdom.

So there is nothing like an over Riding opinion
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by EmekaStanley: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. God Himself gave His Law of Moses as a Constitution for the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan only to the children of Israel — those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins —, so can you not see that prescribing the law be implementing/forced on other nations, you invariably sin against God? undecided

2. No one should be found guilty of breaking a Law that he/she was never bound to in the first place. If the Indonesian government were to send men to Nigeria — with no Indonesian background to your person— to punish Nigerians for crimes listed in the Indonesian Constitution, you, a Nigerian would cry out against such an act, would you not? So, why do you insist that Nigerians be judged and condemned by a Law that belongs only to the people of Israel who God bound to the Law of Moses, to begin with? undecided

3. You go against God by insisting that a Law that He gave only to the people of Israel for a National Constitution in the state which He constituted of them in the Land of Canaan also belongs to your own nation of Nigeria. undecided

Lol.

The story of the nation of Israel is a typical prototype of how nations begin, or how nations emerge. So therefore the stories you are referencing are applicable to every nation on the earth.

So if God gave an Instruction or a law to 'ISRAEL' not to steal or commit murder, he is talking to Nigeria, USA, Japan.

See it from that angle.

Every law, blessing, curse, teaching e.t.c must have a reference point, and that was what Israel.

But since it was God the creator of the entire human race, all that is applicable to other nations.

Hope you understand it
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
EmekaStanley:
1. Lol. The story of the nation of Israel is a typical prototype of how nations begin, or how nations emerge. So therefore the stories you are referencing are applicable to every nation on the earth. So if God gave an Instruction or a law to 'ISRAEL' not to steal or commit murder, he is talking to Nigeria, USA, Japan.

2. See it from that angle.

3. Every law, blessing, curse, teaching e.t.c must have a reference point, and that was what Israel. But since it was God the creator of the entire human race, all that is applicable to other nations.Hope you understand it
1. So, in essence, what you are here saying is God lied in His Law when He declared, over and over again, that His Law applies only to those who are of the blood of Jacob in the Land of Canaan?
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19 “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20 You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15

2. I can't see it from your angle because your angle declares God a liar and hence His Word of no real value worth discussing. undecided

3. Must have a reference point meaning that when Israel sinned and was cursed and scattered to the winds by God - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1- 6 & Ezekiel 6 vs 1 - 14 -, it was a reference point for all Nations? undecided

Do you know what I think? I think you are yourself guilty of regarding God's Law as though mere opinion. And it becomes hard to realize this yourself when you have carefully placed your very own opinions above that declared by God Himself. undecided
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by crystalmoon(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. No one should be found guilty of breaking a Law that he/she was never bound to in the first place. If the Indonesian government were to send men to Nigeria — with no Indonesian background to your person— to punish Nigerians for crimes listed in the Indonesian Constitution, you, a Nigerian would cry out against such an act, would you not? So, why do you insist that Nigerians be judged and condemned by a Law that belongs only to the people of Israel who God bound to the Law of Moses, to begin with? undecided

too much wisdom in one man
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
EmekaStanley:
Kings don't have opinions. Their instructions are laws. And all what a king decrees are always for the benefit of his kingdom. So there is nothing like an over Riding opinion
OK, so you indeed believe that the opinion of the King is Law, then why do you directly contradict God's Law and decree all so you can assert yours instead? undecided
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
EmekaStanley:

Kings don't have opinions. Their instructions are laws. And all what a king decrees are always for the benefit of his kingdom.

So there is nothing like an over Riding opinion...

Are just arguing because I opposed you? Laws are the opinions of A Ruler/king/Judge.
Re: Could God's Words Be Opinions? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
crystalmoon:
too much wisdom in one man

This devil is talking rubbish in satisfaction of his delusion

Kobojunkie:

2. No one should be found guilty of breaking a Law that he/she was never bound to in the first place. If the Indonesian government were to send men to Nigeria — with no Indonesian background to your person— to punish Nigerians for crimes listed in the Indonesian Constitution, you, a Nigerian would cry out against such an act, would you not?

Did Kanu not plead that he is a jew/British when Fed gov arrested and prosecuted him in court?

You do not consult a shoemaker or plumber for the understanding of Law.

(1) (Reply)

QUESTION: How Should Christian Parents Handle The Death Of Their Child? / The Error Of Your Spirit Can Not Be Contaminated / Let God Rewrite Your History This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.