Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn (31889 Views)

NETCO Records N4.75bn Profit In 2018 / Dangote Sells Part Of His Business Unit, Dangote Flour Mills, For $361.11m / Nigeria Billionaire Dangote Sells His Nigerian Noodle Plants To Rival For $12M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by ustavo(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by sinaj(f): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:
That noodels market is spiritual, despite the fact there are many better noodles the Nigetian masses loyalty is stuck with de uniteds Indomie
I dont think there is any noodle that is better than Indomie

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by mikaael(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Atinuke123:
I dedicate this space to all the single ladies in the house. Ur time is coming.

To all Nigerians one love.

To ultimated1 I thank you.

Lalasticlala much respect.

Abuja.. grin
Atinuke123:

Abuja..
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by irynterri(f): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:
That noodels market is spiritual, despite the fact there are many better noodles the Nigetian masses loyalty is stuck with de uniteds Indomie
grin the taste buds of many Nigerians are already accustomed to indomie because we grew up with it, my brand loyalty to indomie no be here oo grin

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2017
correct business guy

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by LordAdam16: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2017
personal59:
waooo

I doubt if dangote can survive good competitor

dangote noodles
dangote pasta
dangote tomato paste
dangote maggi
and all dangote business where competitors are is down and people will still call him a good businessman abegi

Government should please give me the sole right to lighters and matches for minimum of 10years and let's see if am also a good businessman or not

You're making sense.

He's betting big on his cement, sugar, and refinery businesses. Not sure he has anything to worry about. At least for the next two decades, all three are high turnover businesses with humongous profit margins. But you'd think he can do better as Nigeria's foremost industrialist.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by muchroom(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2017
profjustine458:
good for him, I think dangote should focus on cement, his indomie turns to pap immediately it touches hot water it's nothing to write home about.
his "indomie"? Say after me... NOODLES.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 16, 2017
muchroom:
his "indomie"? Say after me... NOODLES.
NOOOOOODLES Lol thanks man
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by bettercreature(m): 10:55am On Nov 16, 2017
personal59:
waooo

dangote noodles
dangote pasta
dangote tomato paste
dangote maggi
and all dangote business where competitors are is down and people will still call him a good businessman abegi

Government should please give me the sole right to lighters and matches for minimum of 10years and let's see if am also a good businessman or not
He is a product of our monopolistic system,he prefer businesses with high profit margins such as cement,rice,refinery and so on
80% of his profit comes from rice and cement.He doesn’t like competition

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2017
Smart Move
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by FarahAideed: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2017
LordAdam16:

Which one is better ni?

My brand loyalty for Indomie no b hia.

-Lord

I actually prefer Mimmie noodles but its too hard to find
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by FarahAideed: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2017
sinaj:
I dont think there is any noodle that is better than Indomie

Mimmie is way better to me but the problem is that most stores dont stock it
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2017
bettercreature:
He is a product of our monopolistic system,he prefer businesses with high profit margins such as cement,rice,refinery and so on
80% of his profit comes from rice and cement

Who says the noodle business does not have high profit margins.

This move is more like conceding defeat.

How many Dangote business do you know play second fiddle to competition.

Dangote IS the competition. And if he cannot strangle the market it is because he is not playing in that segment.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by LordAdam16: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:

I actually prefer Mimmie noodles but its too hard to find

Because una wen lyk am no plenty. Which by the way is part of the reason why I said the regulators shouldn't have given the deal their blessings. The higher the market share, the harder it'd be for the smaller brands to stay in the market (and for ppl like you to find brands you prefer).

Every time I've eaten noodles other than Indomie, I've been disappointed. I don't test anymore, I'm not a guinea pig.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Abdulnur(m): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2017
But why the CBN photo.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by costandi(m): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2017
Obijulius:
Hmmnnn.

Even Dangote has lost hope in Nigeria. May have gotten his Canadian invitation.

Zombie headslammers continue hoping that Buhari’s corpse will rise again.
This has got nothing to do with losing or not losing hope in Nigeria. It's obvious that Dangote Noddles industry is performing poorly, so as a business man, he's selling it to invest in a more viable sector.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Allwility: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2017
Noodles business requires the right strategy.

It's very difficult matching Tolaram with all their Singaporean financial power plus Kelloggs connection.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by EmekaBlue(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2017
His business
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by exquisite007: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2017
This man is businessly smart, lol. The business is already at its peak of maturity. Better to sell off at this stage. I feel he's gonna come up with something unique and still get back his customers. Dan Business kenan.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by encryptjay(m): 11:54am On Nov 16, 2017
LordAdam16:

Because una wen lyk am no plenty. Which by the way is part of the reason why I said the regulators shouldn't have given the deal their blessings. The higher the market share, the harder it'd be for the smaller brands to stay in the market (and for ppl like you to find brands you prefer).

Every time I've eaten noodles other than Indomie, I've been disappointed. I don't test anymore, I'm not a guinea pig.

-Lord
There's this peculiar taste and aroma Indomie comes with. I find it difficult finishing noodles other than Indomie instant noodles grin

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by ernieboy(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:

that's it, most other noodle brand don't do as much marketing as indomie, go to any store, you would see indomie but most stores don't sell other brands.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by nwatthu(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
power of competition...dats a nice one
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by billyG(m): 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:
That noodles market is spiritual, despite the fact there are many better noodles the Nigetian masses loyalty is stuck with de uniteds Indomie
which better one.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Bogii: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
personal59:
waooo

dangote noodles
dangote pasta
dangote tomato paste
dangote maggi

Forget,things are changing rapidly there are some cooking gas that dosent need lighter or matches to lit them up.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by miqos02(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
seen
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by BruncleZuma: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
grin grin cheesy grin

Even Dangote is a Nairalander...
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by CoolAmbience(m): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
Obijulius:
Hmmnnn.

Even Dangote has lost hope in Nigeria. May have gotten his Canadian invitation.

Zombie headslammers continue hoping that Buhari’s corpse will rise again.

Young man, you understood nothing from what you read.

It is called CAO (Comparative Advantage Optimization).

It's a smart business move. Would have loved to tell you more for free but I have strong doubts that it will be of any use to you.
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by rocknation62(m): 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:
That noodles market is spiritual, despite the fact there are many better noodles the Nigerian masses loyalty is stuck with de uniteds Indomie
Na so...NIGERIA is a place where all noodles are called INDOMIE
Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by ttmax09(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
Atinuke123:

ur time has come lol

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
If they are wise they must never prosude under the Dangote brand name ... They should just allow the two years elapse like Coca Cola did to Goldspot when they acquire the facilities and left it to rot for years and finalyy converted them to warehouses even though they were suppose to have commence the production of the soft drink lines under their Coca Cola brand name

Petercious133:
exclusivepp.com.ng

A unit of Dangote Flour Mills, Dangote Noodles Limited, has sold two production lines to rival pasta maker, De United Foods Industries, for N3.75bn ($12.26m), the company said on Tuesday.

De United said it had signed an agreement with Dangote Noodles to buy plants at its Ikorodu and Calabar factories. It will also buy stock worth N383.94m, according to a report by Reuters.

The deal comes after Dangote sold a small stake in its cement business to foreign investors in a one-off stock market deal valued at N27bn.

Dangote Flour Mills, majority owned by Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, had said it wanted to quit the noodles business to focus on flour and pasta production.

Nigeria’s noodle market is fiercely competitive and De United, with a market share of around 70 per cent, is seeking to consolidate the sector.

Privately-held Dangote Industries Limited, with interests in agriculture, real estate and truck assembly, bought back the flour unit it had sold to South Africa’s Tiger Brand for $1 in 2015 after it posted losses.

Shares in Dangote Flour Mills have more than doubled so far this year after rising by 276 per cent last year. The stock price was down by 3.17 per cent on Tuesday at N9.20 naira.

Dufil Prima Foods, the parent of De United Foods, is a privately held company set up over two decades ago, which has grown to become the largest pasta maker in West Africa.

De United said the transaction had been approved by both companies and the regulators.

A banking source close to the deal said that De United would continue to produce noodles under the Dangote brand for two years after the acquisition.

In July Dufil Prima Foods said it would raise N40bn in the local debt market to broaden its funding base.

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/dangote-sells-noodle-plants-rival-n3-75bn/

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Adagba1: 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
FarahAideed:

Minimee noodles is owned by indomie,they call it competition breaker,the aim is for it to compete with other noodles while indomie will take the lead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Sells Noodle Plants To Rival For N3.75bn by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
exquisite007:
This man is businessly smart, lol. The business is already at its peak of maturity. Better to sell off at this stage. I feel he's gonna come up with something unique and still get back his customers. Dan Business kenan.

You to just dey use words anyhow ...explain how the business dey for maturity stage ... Business wet never start ...nobbe this one wey dey for NPA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Iyiegbu And Wife Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Fire Guts Ladipo Market, Lagos (video) / Lagos Government To Relocate Computer Village To ICT Park Katangowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.