Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe (43162 Views)

'Robert Mugabe Can No Longer Walk' - President Emmerson Mnangagwa / Video Of Emmerson Mnangagwa's Bodyguards. "G40 Wanted To Assassinate Me" / Michael Sean, Emmerson Mnangagwa's Son Flaunting Cash & Luxury Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by nairavsdollars(f): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Welcome development. No state burial for him
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by BakireBulmaker: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Congrats to the new man.

Women ruling over men is an aberration.

Grace Mugabe is a...

She must have used juju on Mugabe.

Unfortunately, juju no dey catch everybody.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Robert Mugabe's replacement is long overdue.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Innodon(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
He should have retired long ago in a sane country
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by BluntBoy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
id911:
I used to respect Mr Mugabe for his intelligence and sound education but I didn't know he has become very foolish lately. How can you sacked your powerful Vice President, one of the leaders of the revolution and someone who has over 70% of senior military officers loyalty to and you expect to continue in power ?

I think Mr Mugabe is no longer in his right senses

It was his wife and some individuals controlling him. The military have nothing against Mugabe. His wife and some other people are the problem of Mugabe. His wife had become too power drunk.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Angrymode: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
optional1:

wenger oh...
Arsenal fans plenty pass buhari supporters..

grin grin grin Classical savagery
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by sod09(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
optional1:

arsene wenger get ready cos is your turn oh..
obsession
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Koolking(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Emmerson Mnagngawa is a snitch and a backstabber.

He planned the coup behind Mugabe's back. Politics is indeed a dirty game
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Lopon1(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
Muga muga! You just wanted it the hard way abi?
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by talk2percy(m): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
Our great ancestor...time to go home..go and enjoy the wealth u have acquired over the years before u finally join the great ancestors

1 Like

Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by IamtherealRita(f): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
We thank God for what happened in Zimbabwe

tongue
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by IamtherealRita(f): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
I thank God for what happened in Zimbabwe

tongue
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2017
May God push my enemies to make this same kind of mistake
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by smileyoo: 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
that's good. long overdue. but why not complete the coup, by replacing him with a youthful leader?
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by kamtamark(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2017
Was Paul Biya On Ur Research List?
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Vado(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
Notice how there's no outcry from head of states from far and near and also advocates of democracy/rule of law about restoring Mugabe back in power. Mugabe's absence is good news for them and dream come through for most, especially western leaders.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Youngs247(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
This is just d best tin that has ever happen to the con3.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by hatchy(f): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2017
DozieInc:
Mugabe and his Vice are the same people... to the common Zimbabwean nothing changes, just one dictator to another.

Pointless coup
The coup is not pointless.At least Mugabe dynasty has been cut off.Mugabe had wanted to appoint Grace his wife as vice president to succeed him in next month party meeting.

At least the opposition can now have a voice and perhaps the economy of this one time great nation will bounce back.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by prettyboi1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2017
id911:
I used to respect Mr Mugabe for his intelligence and sound education but I didn't know he has become very foolish lately. How can you sacked your powerful Vice President, one of the leaders of the revolution and someone who has over 70% of senior military officers loyalty to and you expect to continue in power ?

From what I heard, the vice-president had first fled the country unexpectedly & maybe unannounced & so like anyone else Mugabe felt disrespected & sacked him on the grounds of 'disloyalty'. From the look of things happening right now, Mugabe was probably right to have sacked him (the VP) cos now the VP is said by the news to have returned to Zimbabwe. Doesn't that tell you something? More likely than not, the vice president was in on taking his boss out the entire time.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

It was his wife and some individuals controlling him. The military have nothing against Mugabe. His wife and some other people are the problem of Mugabe. His wife had become too power drunk.
. Thank you jare.His problem started once he made that announcement that the wife will replace him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
prettyboi1:

From what I heard, the vice-president had first fled the country unexpectedly & maybe unannounced & so like anyone else Mugabe felt disrespected & sacked him on the grounds of 'disloyalty'. From the look of things happening right now, Mugabe was probably right to have sacked him (the VP) cos now the VP is said by the news to have returned to Zimbabwe. Doesn't that tell you something? More likely than not, the vice president was in on taking his boss out the entire time.

Yes now. The enemy's always within
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by emperordelis(m): 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
People need to understand that mugabe is just a proxy president.he does and acts exactly how his wife Grace wants him to.
You need to fear some women,she made him fire his loyal vp just because he's in contention with her for the presidential seat when mugabe finally steps down.
A man of 93,the man is old,its just sad he married a manipulative jezebel who cares about nothing but how to keep plundering the funds and resources of Zimbabweans.
Now see what she has csused him.i just hope he gets out of this with a sane mind
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by falopey: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
Kudos to the army.
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
id911:

Never underestimate the power of punny. He replaced the sacked VP with his Grace so has to pave way for her in order to become president
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Another 'ANIMAL FARM' story by George Orwell. Anybody who understands that Master piece Novel by George Orwell understands the world of MANKIND. "ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS".

Mugabe replaced by his VICE. What is the difference?! AGE?!!!
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by thedondada(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
They even look alike.

Will this man hand over or is it another 37 year wahala for zimbabwe
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by hollandis(f): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Useless topic and comments.Did you read it at all.Did anythung say the vp is in control
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Charly68: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
He must have taken his vice for granted unknown to him that the man was like a rock behind his Govt ..Scheming for his wife to take over but lost out completely..
Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by LordAdam16: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
id911:

This sets a bad precedence and shouldn't be allowed to stand.

I imagine something similar happening in Nigeria in the future, where the North uses the Army to uninstall a Southern President and make his Northern VP the President.

-Lord

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe by Master19: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
History will never remember Robert Mugabe as the great revolutionary leader he once was...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Zealand: Police Seize Cocaine Enough To Supply The Country For 30 Yrs / Donald Trump's Fan Storms Press Conference To Accuse Joe Biden Of Stealing / South Africans Plant Trees Inside Potholes (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.