Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home (3684 Views)

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / List Of Players That Won FIFA Under 17 World Cup - Must Read / Another $370m Abacha Loot Traced To Luxembourg – Swiss Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Beaf: 5:02am On Mar 23, 2010
[size=14pt]Generators Allegedly Traced to Ndanusa's Bida Home[/size]

With the dissolution of the Federal Executive Council, the Minister of Sports and Chairman National Sports Commission, Engr. Sani Ndanusa, has begun to feel the heat of absence in the corridor of power. Allegations that would normally not make it to even the open beer-floors are now being generally passed around about his sordid involvement in the money, equipment and contract affairs of the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA Under-17 World Cup Finals, which Nigeria hosted last year.
The latest round of sordid tales surrounding him is about how he allegedly had some power generating set used during the tournament, routed to his country home in Bida, Niger State.

Ndanusa survived forgery of documents allegation made against him in the twilight of his term as the Minister for Sport and Chairman of the NSC. The document had to do with those he submitted to a screening committee for election into the board of the Nigeria Olympic Committee.
The new allegation is that Ndanusa made away with two 1.4 KVA power-generating sets meant for the training pitches located at the Aguiyi Ironsi Cantonment in Asokoro and the Area 3 Mini Stadium, both in the Federal Capital City of Abuja.
Sources say the generators, which were never put to use during the tournament, were initially meant to serve as standby power supply source for the two centers that had been slated as training sites for Abuja-based participating teams in the biennial championship.

A source in the LOC confirmed the development of this power plants having been found in Bida, at a location that has to do with the former minister.
What more, it is even said the generators are not reflected in the list of properties belonging to the LOC during an inventory-taking exercise that took place immediately after the tournament, as part of the winding down of the committee.
There is also an allegation that while the Acting President, Dr. Jonathan Goodluck has returned the LOC vehicle attached to him as the supervisor of the championship, the minister was yet to return 16 cars of different brands ranging from Prado jeeps, to Toyota Camrys, Peugeot mini-cabs and Hyundai pick-up vans.

“In fact there are so many things delaying our winding up programme,” says a source close to the LOC. “For instance, some of the vehicles used for the championship are still in people’s custody – like the ones with the minister.
Ninety percent of the vehicles supplied for the tournament’s convenience, apart from the ones Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) brought from Kaduna as loan and had attached to them its own drivers, are yet to return to the office of the LOC.” Every PAN vehicle that came for the tournament, were not allowed to be driven by the officials it was attached to, but by PAN drivers, who had instructions to return them to the company premises in Kaduna, a week after the end of the tournament.

Meanwhile, the DG National Sports Commission, Dr. Patrick Ekeji, is said to have returned the Hilux pick up jeep attached to his office during the tournament, although he was said to have expressed an interest in buying it off should it be up for sale with the other vehicles of the LOC.
An LOC source says this was very honest of Ekeji, as this was what they expected other officers with vehicles attached to their offices, to do at the end of the championship.
“If other officials had behaved like the DG, half of the LOC problems on accounting would have been solved,” says the source.
Ndanusa’s name is high on the list of ex-ministers that may be returned to office when the Acting President announces the new cabinet.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169243
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Beaf: 5:03am On Mar 23, 2010
Can you imagine?! shocked shocked
Just like that!

Over to you EFCC. Lets start smoking out the thieving rats.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by blacksta(m): 5:12am On Mar 23, 2010
The candidates for Hell in Nigeria must be aleast 95% of the population.  If the news is true  . people are just god dammed heartless and are absolute determined to be corrupt. No fear at all - Massive generator just disappears into thin air.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by sulad82i(m): 5:52am On Mar 23, 2010
Is it ever possible that there can ever be an end to massive corruption in Nigeria by our so called leaders?
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by okeymadu(m): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2010
Haba! What is the meaning of all these yawa for Ndanusa?

whats the big deal? yes he took just 1.7kva gen set to his house
after the Hosting of a tournament.
OK tell me what does the pastor's wife do to the fire wood and ground nut oil left unused after cooking for the church committee?
Abeg make una relax and thank God he didnt even take it while the tourney was ongoing. Such a patient guy.

When the National Stadium genset went on pilgrimage in 1996 to the then minister's house whose wife gave birth to twins how many of you heard it?

Sometimes people on NL talk like puritians,

Make una go sleep jare.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by hollandis(f): 8:40am On Mar 23, 2010
Another distraction-It is a shame that this silly news made it to the dailies
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by yemmight(m): 8:54am On Mar 23, 2010
This reminds me of Nwobodo when he took that of National Stadium to his in-laws. God of mercy.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 23, 2010
what do you expect from a nation powered by generators
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by slap1(m): 9:22am On Mar 23, 2010
@Hollandis. Your reply suggests you are in the wrong thread, are you? Can't see how this piece of news is silly, or sillier than your thread about Nairaland waking up.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by chosen04(f): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2010
okeymadu:

OK tell me what does the pastor's wife do to the fire wood and ground nut oil left unused after cooking for the church committee?
Abeg make una relax and thank God he didnt even take it while the tourney was ongoing. Such a patient guy.

When the National Stadium genset went on pilgrimage in 1996 to the then minister's house whose wife gave birth to twins how many of you heard it?

Make una go sleep jare.

I forsee the legalisation of Stealing very soon
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by edoyad(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2010
While i am disappointed at such petty stealing, i still have to agree that gen sets and toyotas are just a distraction. The real stealing that cripples us is those multi-billion dollar deals that we don't know of till the F B I prosecutes the company involved in the USA.
Why is nobody talking about Haliburton anymore ? Why is the FOI bill not in the law ? How much does the NNpc really make annually ?
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by deor03(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2010
blacksta:

The candidates for Hell in Nigeria must be aleast 95% of the population.  If the news is true  . people are just god dammed heartless and are absolute determined to be corrupt. No fear at all - Massive generator just disappears into thin air.

People are determined to be corrupt. Stealing what they might not even need
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2010
hollandis:

You seem to have an anger problem, leave it for the moderators to decide.

We are here to discuss about current affairs, sports and other issues affecting Nigeria and solutions that can make it work.

Stop jumping into every thread and posting valueless comments .
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Generators Allegedly Traced to Ndanusa's Bida Home[/size]

With the dissolution of the Federal Executive Council, the Minister of Sports and Chairman National Sports Commission, Engr. Sani Ndanusa, has begun to feel the heat of absence in the corridor of power. Allegations that would normally not make it to even the open beer-floors are now being generally passed around about his sordid involvement in the money, equipment and contract affairs of the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA Under-17 World Cup Finals, which Nigeria hosted last year.
The latest round of sordid tales surrounding him is about how he allegedly had some power generating set used during the tournament, routed to his country home in Bida, Niger State.

Ndanusa survived forgery of documents allegation made against him in the twilight of his term as the Minister for Sport and Chairman of the NSC. The document had to do with those he submitted to a screening committee for election into the board of the Nigeria Olympic Committee.
The new allegation is that Ndanusa made away with two 1.4 KVA power-generating sets meant for the training pitches located at the Aguiyi Ironsi Cantonment in Asokoro and the Area 3 Mini Stadium, both in the Federal Capital City of Abuja.
Sources say the generators, which were never put to use during the tournament, were initially meant to serve as standby power supply source for the two centers that had been slated as training sites for Abuja-based participating teams in the biennial championship.

A source in the LOC confirmed the development of this power plants having been found in Bida, at a location that has to do with the former minister.
What more, it is even said the generators are not reflected in the list of properties belonging to the LOC during an inventory-taking exercise that took place immediately after the tournament, as part of the winding down of the committee.
There is also an allegation that while the Acting President, Dr. Jonathan Goodluck has returned the LOC vehicle attached to him as the supervisor of the championship, the minister was yet to return 16 cars of different brands ranging from Prado jeeps, to Toyota Camrys, Peugeot mini-cabs and Hyundai pick-up vans.

“In fact there are so many things delaying our winding up programme,” says a source close to the LOC. “For instance, some of the vehicles used for the championship are still in people’s custody – like the ones with the minister.
Ninety percent of the vehicles supplied for the tournament’s convenience, apart from the ones Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) brought from Kaduna as loan and had attached to them its own drivers, are yet to return to the office of the LOC.” Every PAN vehicle that came for the tournament, were not allowed to be driven by the officials it was attached to, but by PAN drivers, who had instructions to return them to the company premises in Kaduna, a week after the end of the tournament.

Meanwhile, the DG National Sports Commission, Dr. Patrick Ekeji, is said to have returned the Hilux pick up jeep attached to his office during the tournament, although he was said to have expressed an interest in buying it off should it be up for sale with the other vehicles of the LOC.
An LOC source says this was very honest of Ekeji, as this was what they expected other officers with vehicles attached to their offices, to do at the end of the championship.
“If other officials had behaved like the DG, half of the LOC problems on accounting would have been solved,” says the source.
Ndanusa’s name is high on the list of ex-ministers that may be returned to office when the Acting President announces the new cabinet.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169243

Talking about corruption I am beginning to think it is not restricted to Nigeria.

I watched a program on Dispatches channel 4 UK last night and what was revelead was shocking to say the least.

UK Ministers using their position to lobby for contracts, positions and changing laws to suit their financial backers.

I am beginning to think that worldwide leaders in high places and all corrupt. Forgive my rant, but when will we have honest people whose sole goal is to improve the lot of the common man.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by deor03(m): 10:30am On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

Talking about corruption I am beginning to think it is not restricted to Nigeria.

I watched a program on Dispatches channel 4 UK last night and what was revelead was shocking to say the least.

UK Ministers using their position to lobby for contracts, positions and changing laws to suit their financial backers.

I am beginning to think that worldwide leaders in high places and all corrupt. Forgive my rant, but when will we have honest people whose sole goal is to improve the lot of the common man.

But you could be rest assured that the contracts will be implemented.

To be fair on Nigerians, We don't see this a corruption, so far the JOB is done.

But here the contracts are lobbied for and the JOB are NOT done
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by ElRazur: 11:00am On Mar 23, 2010
blacksta:

LWKMD

I think you will find it is called MAGIC. grin
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Beaf: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2010
blacksta:

The candidates for Hell in Nigeria must be aleast 95% of the population. If the news is true . people are just god dammed heartless and are absolute determined to be corrupt. No fear at all - Massive generator just disappears into thin air.

Damn! grin
. . .That and "16 cars of different brands ranging from Prado jeeps, to Toyota Camrys, Peugeot mini-cabs and Hyundai pick-up vans."
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Caporegime(m): 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
hmmm! Jim Nwobodo did it during his time as sports minister, so it is a trend very soon some1 will cary the stadium to his village, greed and pilfering are qualifications in politics. nonsense
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by slyk2(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
Old news!
Its their nature.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by oderemo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2010

@Hollandis. Your reply suggests you are in the wrong thread, are you? Can't see how this piece of news is silly, or sillier than your thread about Nairaland waking up.

We are here to discuss about current affairs, sports and other issues affecting Nigeria and solutions that can make it work.

Stop jumping into every thread and posting valueless comments

i rest my case. gbam. angry angry angry cool cool grin grin
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Akuviv: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
okeymadu (m)
Lagos

Re: FIFA Under-17 World Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home
« #4 on: Today at 08:31:05 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make una go sleep jare.

@ OKEYMADU :I am soooooo surprised you can read and write with your level of thinking! God help Naija and bring us to the level of been objective
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by hollandis(f): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
slap1:

Have I become a celebrity,what is this reply to every comment I make?Am i not entitled to my point of view again? Na wa o
frosbel:

Stop jumping into every thread and posting valueless comments .
How does this generator news add value to you?Do you even know what the current situation in your country is?
ode remo:

i rest my case. gbam. angry angry angry cool cool grin grin
Ode you are and ode you shall remain
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by oderemo(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
Am i not entitled to my point of view again? Na wa o
yes you are,.but the point here is your views are not in line with common sense, at every given opportunity to arrest your brain from bad thoughts you not only come out with more garbage but utter nonsense.
going thru your posts, i found thought like
if a girl can be screwwed anywhere ,why can't she be approached anywhere
then i wonder what plannet u are from.kai.you are really a slowpoke.
This apart frm your usual tribal trash.
shioooo.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Kx: 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
too bad.
and dis minister may be ra-ppointed to lead nigeria to sa 2010.
to do what??
to steal Blater's wrist watch?

kids are failing ordinary NECO,
youths are doing miltancy and tribal killings,
elders are stealing generator sets.
I weep for Nigeria.
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by okeymadu(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Akuviv
I hate it when someone like you that claim to be objective, alienate the society from individuals and tend to create an imaginary all-are-saints and holier-than-thou statements. While I’m not here to act as PR to Ndanusa, God forbid, but to be as objective as possible.

Now let’s be objective: Not all that appear in the papers are exactly true and you know it. When did the tourney end? And why did the allegation take this long especially why now that it is been rumored to have been  re-nominated as a minister? Can you read between the lines and the spaces? Stupid!

I still stand by my statement… while I doubt that an ordinary 1.7kva genset was traced to a minister’s house, whose incidences allowances alone during the hosting period can buy 20 of such, I begin to see the silly things in that write up.

My friend not all forumites are swallow- the hook-line-and-sinker chaps.

We have brains but we just keep quite.

Will you apologies now?
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by teeluv(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
one bush meat go catch the hunter na im be dis small small.
na one by one we go see who steal wetin. d only thng b say naija govt no go do anythng,
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by DisGuy: 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
The thing about nigeria and the corruption tag is that anyone and anybody can accuse you of it!!
as long as you have been accussed to be corrupt by 'confirmed source' or a 'source in the know' -it sticks!!!

You'd think this source would like to make name for himself by saying this openly but nah he'll rather hide behind
a hungry journalist who doubles as a nollywood story teller

I heard the new stadia will be sold to some alamajiri schools owned by LOC chairman  cheesy
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by okeymadu(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Dis Guy
My guy the thing funny no be small It was just like when the military accused Alex Ekwueme after the coup that he corruptly enriched himself in office only for him to come out as clean as a whistle and even used the incidence as a campaign tool in 1999.

It’s time we begin to ask questions based on common sense.
That reminds me… some people accused the richest man in my community if money rituals and they even swear that he won’t live in a house of his own. My brother, the man don build more than five palatial homes all completed, built a church and all his children are doing well.
Some people just like pulling other down. Little wonder they remain where they are - at the base of the ladder grin
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by snowdrops(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
Every single day you come across news like this across all facets of governance in Nigeria. It is becoming broing if you ask me. We all know how everything will unfold. Maybe EFCC would be called who after a prolonged investigation and media slanging between both parties, the ex-minister might be brought before a court of law. He may then go to an executive jail for 2 weeks or fined 1 million naira for stealing 1 billion naira.
Enough please. Why dont we make corruption legal since it has refused to be defeated in Nigeria. Who are we really kidding? Ourselves? The rest of the world?
Corruption is endemic in Nigeria and part of the culture. Make it legal, and let ppl declare how much they intend to steal before going into office and how much they have stolen after. That way, we would save money that otherwise is wasted on bodies like the efcc and multiple panels and committes.
Caporegime:

hmmm! Jim Nwobodo did it during his time as sports minister, so it is a trend very soon some1 will cary the stadium to his village, greed and pilfering are qualifications in politics. nonsense
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by sley4life(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
We'll keep our fingers crossed to see what has been traced to lulu, Ogunjobi & co. Time will tell
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by llade(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
I really pity for this country. The question I want to ask is whether his country home was one of the practice pitches that was supposed to be used?
Re: FIFA Under-17 World Cup Generators Allegedly Traced To Ndanusa's Bida Home by Kratos007(m): 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
blacksta:

o boy, na today? if ship fit lost, wetin come bi generator? prepare to lose the CBN building very soon grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Happy Birthday Omenka!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.