Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Jonathan To Meet Obama In April - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Meet Obama In April (2875 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by kosovo(m): 10:52am On Mar 23, 2010
The Acting President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, is to embark on his maiden official outing outside the country, since he assumed office as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, with a visit to the United States of America in April, the Nigerian Tribune can authoritately report.

The visit is expected to afford the acting president the opportunity to discuss on how best to boost the existing bilateral relations between the two countries with President Obama.

Chief Ojo Maduekwe, (insert Former Minister of Foreign Affairs[here]) however, warned that the visit "must be very well choreographed for success and impact."

He also stated that efforts must be made to ensure that the country actively participate in the signing of the framework agreement for establishing the Nigeria-US Binational Commission on April, 7.

More
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by kosovo(m): 10:57am On Mar 23, 2010
^^^^wat's surprising?
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by tundewoods(m): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2010
I hope to meet Kosovo in April too grin
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Spyker: 11:11am On Mar 23, 2010
Time will tell
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 23, 2010
kosovo:

^^^^wat's surprising?

I dont know, I just didnt think he had that much sense undecided
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by kosovo(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2010
tundewoods:

I hope to meet Kosovo in April too  grin
i hope this is not an act of illudo illusi illusum, Otherwise it'd be  awesome  wink
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by desgiezd(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2010
I recall when Yar Adua met George Bush at the White House, during the post-meeting news conference, Yar Adua, smiling sheepishly, said meeting Bush was a great priviledge for him and that he never thought this sort of thing could happen to him in his life time.

Please Jonathan, when you meet Obama, do like OBJ would do because Obama is a leader just like you.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by TippyTop(m): 11:21am On Mar 23, 2010
Is he going as acting or as President? What's going on, I thought some newspapers said Yar'a sickler will be back next month?
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by desgiezd(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2010
Tippy Top:

What's going on, I thought some newspapers said Yar'a sickler will be back next month?

Dont tell me you are believing this.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by TippyTop(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2010
desgiezd:

Dont tell me you are believing this.

I don't know what to believe again ooooo
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by greateliso(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2010
4 good
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by desgiezd(m): 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
Tippy Top:

I don't know what to believe again ooooo

LOLROTFWMFFA!!
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by deliverus: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
Tippy Top:

What's going on, I thought some newspapers said Yar'a sickler will be back next month?

As long as he his alive, it does not matter if he rules the country with syringe in his nose.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by adeomoade1(m): 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
that is very nice
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by marvix(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
what is special abt seeing Obama.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by safariman(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
I am not sure what for, Hillary and co have already expressed US dissatisfaction with a corrupt govt with no transparency. Anyway, we are waiting for him here at the Blair House, hope there is no coup in his absence,
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by UcheUwadi(m): 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
I take it that he will be meeting him in Washington DC. Not too far from my place. Anyway, this is good I think. I wonder what they will discuss. Maybe oil and the religious violence in the Middle Belt.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by bawomolo(m): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
kosovo:

i hope this is not an act of illudo illusi illusum, Otherwise it'd be  awesome  wink

nairaland's igodo megodo strikes again
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Eddeux(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
what is special abt seeing Obama.
He is the most POWERFUL POLITICIAN IN THE WORLD that's what. I don't see why he is meeting Jonathan. I don't think our president should meet him till Nigeria truly becomes a democracy and the country sees some visible progress and stability, so by, 2057, lmao grin

Maybe Jonathan's visit to Obama will show that the United States doesn't support the muslim politicians that rule your country.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by PapaBrowne(m): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
The big question would be "Who will act while he is away"? He doesn't have a vice president!

But good move. And let me predict- After his meeting with Obama, the US would delist Nigeria from that terror watch list!

I think the US have found their man in Jonathan. They would do anything to ensure that the man continues beyond 2011!
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Eddeux(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
The big question would be "Who will act while he is away"? He doesn't have a vice president!

But good move. And let me predict- After his meeting with Obama, the US would delist Nigeria from that terror watch list!

I think the US have found their man in Jonathan. They would do anything to ensure that the man continues beyond 2011!

U nigerians better get ready for Operation: Nigerian Freedom. Don't worry, the USA will be there to protect you from the evil northerners  grin
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by jumobi1(m): 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
I bet he is happy he gets to meet Obama.
How about Goodluck and Obama are going to meet?
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by seeme2(f): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
And he should behave himself o!, not like the Ya'radull who almost fell on his face to greet Bush.
No inferiority complex pls, else we kick his arsse away like we did Yaradull.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by iammodel(m): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
WATCH AND SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
the moslem did not go, so let the christian do,
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
How i wish someone cld advice this Jonathan on how to select people for a job
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by rawe45: 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
I pray the Lord keeps us till then,
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by Virtueways(f): 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
Jonny should put his house in order before scurrying over to meet BO. The retired generals and the unhappy northern politicains are waiting for any opportunity to strike using any medium-dont forget they have an ever willing army on their side.
Lest I forget he(Jonny)should take some lessons b4 his trip to avoid getting overwhelm with BO's towering personality! wink
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by OYBMEND: 1:01am On Mar 24, 2010
Make him no wear that Bollar Hart go Washington oh!!!!!

Leave Nigeria's silly narrow cultural identity politics in Nigeria and represent all Nigerians in Washington by appearing Business-like (in suits).

You are the Nigerian President not Ijaw President.

Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by debosky(m): 1:03am On Mar 24, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Make him no wear that Bollar Hart go Washington oh!!!!!

Leave Nigeria's silly narrow cultural identity politics in Nigeria and represent all Nigerians in Washington by appearing Business-like (in suits).

You are the Nigerian President not Ijaw President.

Dream on - OBJ went with Agbada, Yardie went with Babariga, Jonathan probably hasn't worn a suit since he did his Baptism in 1981. grin
Re: Jonathan To Meet Obama In April by ruemu(m): 4:16am On Mar 24, 2010
debosky:

Dream on - OBJ went with Agbada, Yardie went with Babariga, Jonathan probably hasn't worn a suit since he did his Baptism in 1981. grin

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland For Nigerians And Friends Of Nigeria (not Biafrans)! / The Reason I Fought With Bishop Oyedepo - Pastor Tunde Bakare / No Way For PDP In Abia Anymore -customized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.