Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,200 members, 7,867,488 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

Alex Iwobi - Why I Dumped England For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi - Why I Dumped England For Nigeria (1026 Views)

Tammy Abraham Makes Nigeria Wait As He's Urged To Snub England For Nigeria / Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi - Why I Dumped England For Nigeria by alexpombo4: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2017
Super Eagles forward Alex Iwobi has revealed the reasons why he chose Nigeria over England. Iwobi dumped England for Nigeria last year and since then he has established himself as key player in the Super Eagles squad. The 21-year-old Arsenal man said he was torn over the decision, though his family, including his uncle and former Bolton star Jay-Jay Okocha, played a pivotal role in the switch, but it his experience with the Nigeria U23s that was crucial to his final choice. “I was growing up in England and England was the only national team I knew, so I was actually very pleased to play at national level,” Iwobi told reporters. “However, my family are all from Nigeria, I was born in Nigeria, my uncle (Jay-Jay Okocha) is a legend in Nigeria. “That’s why I thought I would give it a chance. That’s why I went to the U23s and somehow felt more welcome, and I thought it’s where I belong, so I made the decision to switch.” Iwobi netted twice as Nigeria claim a shock 4-2 win over Argentina in their international friendly in Russia. http://www.joy9ja.com.ng/2017/11/alex-iwobi-why-i-dumped-england-for.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Reach Philippe Coutinho Transfer Agreement After Re-opening Talks / Lionel Messi Trophy Cabinet / Play These Game Just Normal Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.