Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Urgent Advice - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Urgent Advice (899 Views)

In Need Of Urgent Advice / Urgent Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice by bmanbaba: 11:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Good day,

My dog gave birth to 5 puppies on Monday but unfortunately I av lost 4 of them remaining just one. According to the person helping me to take care of the, she usually finds them dead in the morning, she believes the mother sleeps on them while feeding them overnight.

Please what can I do to prevent the last one from dieing and please what is the best way to take care of just littered puppies.

I believe knowing this will help me save the last puppy and also subsequent litters
Re: Urgent Advice by Seun(m): 11:48am On Nov 16, 2017
Take it away from the mother at night and let it sleep somewhere warm. Feed it with a vet-approved milk formula. Good luck.
Re: Urgent Advice by bmanbaba: 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
Seun:
Take it away from the mother at night and let it sleep somewhere warm. Feed it with a vet-approved milk formula. Good luck.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate.
Re: Urgent Advice by bmanbaba: 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
I eventually lost the last puppy yesterday.
Re: Urgent Advice by Seun(m): 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sorry about this. sad

What killed him eventually?
Re: Urgent Advice by makydebbie(f): 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
bmanbaba:
I eventually lost the last puppy yesterday.

So sorry.
Re: Urgent Advice by bmanbaba: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Seun:
Sorry about this. sad

What killed him eventually?

I guess the mother slept on it. I instructed that the mother should be separated as adviced here and later asked the Vet to go check them up the following day, the Vet only confirmed to me that they were both okay not knowing that he gave the girl another instruction to put them together, wen I called him he apologized, he said since that was not the dog's first litter. I was mad at him even from the last litter 5 survived from a litter of 8 puppies.

As it is now, I don't think I can really trust the vet's judgment. Please how do I go about preventing puppies from dieing ? Presently one of my dogs is pregnant while another one just matted ,hopeing it will result.

Please help with steps to be taking right from the first day of litter.

Thank you
Re: Urgent Advice by bmanbaba: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
makydebbie:
So sorry.

Thanks.

Pls ur advice on preventing re occurrence will b highly appreciated
Re: Urgent Advice by makydebbie(f): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
bmanbaba:

Thanks.

Pls ur advice on preventing re occurrence will b highly appreciated
No idea bro. But you can goggle it.
Re: Urgent Advice by ejosamson: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
sorry for d loss bro my bitch littered 15 puppy's 8 days ago nd I lost 2.what I'll advice is to show little attention to both d mother nd d puppys by checking on them every two hours at night nd ensure that all are sucking enough milk frm d mother nd also d mother's bowl shud never b empty. I lost d two pups because of d advice i got frm a vet not to treat them @ five days old. after I ignored his advice after loosing two pups nd I was able to save 13pups

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice by bmanbaba: 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Tell The Breed Of This Dog / 10wks old 2 Male Slant Gsd For Sale / Man Kills Huge Snake After Dog's Alert...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.