Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,331 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate (15105 Views)

Ikpeazu To Timi Frank: “You Blackmailed Jonathan, Used And Dumped By APC” / When Jonathan Used The Nigerian Military To Attack The News Media. / 2019: Obasanjo, Jonathan, Governors Storm Yola For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by Sunnyja: 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
dewaskillz:
That's commendable. But this still shows there are people who see themselves as untouchable and issuing orders within the corridors of power without the GCFR consent.
Again PMB as usual is not aware.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by Sunnyja: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
spartacus11:

Has APC/PMB don dat----- NO

But una call ogogoro jona man of peace

May be u guys mean man of pieces
Who withdrew Wike security team before the election in Rivers state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by karimcarim(m): 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
A plot of Land for sale (60 by 120)
Location : Along The Federal University,Oye Ekiti. Ekiti State
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by a4jasper(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
lekzyn:
Fayemi was teargas
Godbless u, still remembered that incident in Ado Ekiti (2014).

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by Leez(m): 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Theakthedream:
80% of those who hail and call Jonathan their hero,do that because they simply hate Buhari and Apc... Nothing more... Nothing less.
undecided

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by MONITZ: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
lonelydora:
Is that what they are supposed to be discussing? Waste of time.

Scrap Senate and half of Nigerian problem is solved.

As in eh,these people re just pathetic,I don't know how and when a country so promising at a time suddenly lost focus and even became dregs of thd earth so much that its citizens re treated as pariahs and unwelcomed in most countries of the world simply because of bad and selfish leadership...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by sapientia(m): 12:09am On Nov 17, 2017
Lol.. NASS is made up of confused beings with no focus.

The more i build hope in me concerning Nigeria, the more these men show me that our leaders are massively confused.

If we wanted the mistake of PDP being repeated, we could have still been managing them. I want to ask, is APC trying to compete with the mistakes of PDP or is it their plan to make excuses for every mistake they make.

Senators... ask the president to sack the IG first.. then you can discuss a bill for state police.

A mere appointed career officer removes the security detail of an elected Governor.. are you guys high or what? And Anambra state house of rep wont even make a strong statement concerning it.. shameeee

a whole chief security officer.. the sacrilege
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by OmoEpe(m): 12:40am On Nov 17, 2017
sapientia:
Lol.. NASS is made up of confused beings with no focus.

The more i build hope in me concerning Nigeria, the more these men show me that our leaders are massively confused.

If we wanted the mistake of PDP being repeated, we could have still been managing them. I want to ask, is APC trying to compete with the mistakes of PDP or is it their plan to make excuses for every mistake they make.

Senators... ask the president to sack the IG first.. then you can discuss a bill for state police.

A mere appointed career officer removes the security detail of an elected Governor.. are you guys high or what? And Anambra state house of rep wont even make a strong statement concerning it.. shameeee

a whole chief security officer.. the sacrilege

But it wasn't sacrilege when the mad police commissioner Mbu repeatedly denigrated the office of a sitting Gov Ameachi with GEJ and PEJs approval?

2 Likes

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by sapientia(m): 1:00am On Nov 17, 2017
OmoEpe:

But it wasn't sacrilege when the mad police commissioner Mbu repeatedly denigrated the office of a sitting Gov Ameachi with GEJ and PEJs approval?

Was still then and is still now. Do APC get to repeat the mistakes of PDP and keep quoting it as defence?

What is wrong is wrong even if ZIK or Sarduna or Awolowo has done it before. We need to stop helping these men to ride us.
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by hisgrace090: 5:31am On Nov 17, 2017
Buharia has always been a good man.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by BruncleZuma: 6:04am On Nov 17, 2017
APC and their chronic whataboutism syndrome; 2017 and we are still discussing PDP.
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by Codes151(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2017
Theakthedream:
80% of those who hail and call Jonathan their hero,do that because they simply hate Buhari and Apc... Nothing more... Nothing less.
u think?? I don’t hate pmb... I like him... determination and self esteem...

Only problem is that he’s clueless
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by vicfy(m): 8:26am On Nov 17, 2017
Well, truth be told, the previous administrations really used the callous Nigerian Police to threaten their perceived opponents... Its good to pay back evil with good... Good one GMB, Bt I hate you still!
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by efighter: 8:57am On Nov 17, 2017
dre11:

The Senate Committee on Police Affairs Thursday alleged that former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan used the Police as a political tool against perceived political opponents.

“In April 2007, a few days to the election, ’higher’ authorities ordered the withdrawal of the ADC and the C50 to Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The APC Leader was also threatened with arrest in the lead-up to the 2011 elections.

“In September 2013, then Governor Rotimi Amaechi in his capacity as the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors ‘Forum, was harassed on several occasions with the threat of withdrawal of his security aides.

“While his were repeated threats, the President of this Distinguished Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, was not that lucky. His aides were actually withdrawn in September 2013 as punishment for his support of the rebellion within the then ruling PDP.

“In February 2014, the security details attached to the then Governor of the Central Bank, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, were withdrawn on the orders of the Presidency. The same man suffered the same fate again when he became the Emir of Kano, in June 2014.

“The Emir’s palace was sealed off by the Police to prevent him from entering it and he had to assume his responsibilities from within the confines of the Kano State Government House.

“It is also on record that, at the same time, security aides to then Governor (Now Distinguished Senator) Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso were withdrawn. All on ‘orders from above’.
“Then Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State had his security details withdrawn in April 2014.

“In October 2014, the security details of the then Speaker, House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, were withdrawn. This was after a blatant attempt was made to effect his impeachment.”

Following the order of President Buhari for the immediate reinstatement of the security details of the Anambra governor, the issue was not raised on the floor of the Senate Thursday.

http://thenationonlineng.net/obasanjo-jonathan-used-police-persecute-sitting-governors-senate/

IPOB miscreants, I mean the pigs and idiots, come and defend your lord and saviour the drunk ineffectual buffoon husband of the cantankerous grammarian sheppopo.

1 Like

Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by chngebeginwthme: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2017
Keneking:
They discussed the past. Waste of space and resources.

hahaha sorry we will keep remembering your worst past..
Re: How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate by MENZPRIDE(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
OmoEpe:

So you mean PMB actually approved of this??
Tell me more!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jack Obinyan: Edo State ACP Is Alive / Buhari Fails To Sign Over 200 Bills Passed By NASS In Six Years / Atiku Refuses To Release Own Records Despite Exposing Tinubu’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.