Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. (2976 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship / PDP Anambra Dares Willie Obiano - Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by toltee4real: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
I carefully noted former Anambra state Governor, Mr Peter Obi's address at the forthcoming governorship election campaign today. He addressed former President Goodluck Jonathan as "OUR PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.............HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN GCFR............."
To me I strongly belief its wrong and its a protocol blunder for him to have addressed him as our President ..........without adding FORMER to it, because we can not have two President in the country at the same time. At his level of exposure and been a former Governor, he should know better than us.
Am I wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2017
Once a president, always a president! U have not heard that before?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by yarimo(m): 1:08am On Nov 17, 2017
Shayetet13:
not always as our president, no any former president in the world is address as our president without mentioning former.
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by gidgiddy: 2:07am On Nov 17, 2017
toltee4real:
I carefully noted former Anambra state Governor, Mr Peter Obi's address at the forthcoming governorship election campaign today. He addressed former President Goodluck Jonathan as "OUR PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.............HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN GCFR............."
To me I strongly belief its wrong and its a protocol blunder for him to have addressed him as our President ..........without adding FORMER to it, because we can not have two President in the country at the same time. At his level of exposure and been a former Governor, he should know better than us.
Am I wrong?

No blunder here. Once a person is elected president, they hold that title for life after leaving office.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by jumobi1(m): 2:15am On Nov 17, 2017
I didn’t hear it but referring to him as “our president” is wrong. It implies current. He could have left out “our”. Yes always a President but not always “our President”.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by AskProf: 2:20am On Nov 17, 2017
gidgiddy:

No blunder here. Once a person is elected president, they hold that title for life after leaving office.

You were taught that in a "joint"?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by AskProf: 2:23am On Nov 17, 2017
Shayetet13:

Where did you hear that: Oshodi Underbridge or Uselu Park or Upper Iweka?
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 17, 2017
AskProf:

The "Mr. President" title follows to the grave. Look yourself up in a mirror before insulting someone.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Yyeske(m): 3:19am On Nov 17, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
The "Mr. President" title follows to the grave. Look yourself up in a mirror before insulting someone.
Google is cheap so you can use it to know how former presidents are referred to.
It is different from senator or honorable rep.
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by AskProf: 3:46am On Nov 17, 2017
CaptainJeffry:

You are very wrong because you are wrong, not because I think or feel you are wrong...

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by AskProf: 3:51am On Nov 17, 2017
Yyeske:
Google is cheap so you can use it to know how former presidents are referred to.
It is different from senator or honorable rep.

I've already helped him with that.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by azimibraun: 4:32am On Nov 17, 2017
AskProf:

And indeed close the case. It shocks me how Nigerian youths argue over everything. Everybody just wants to say the know something about everything. Pride will kill us and we will not be as smart as we should be. We spend more time arguing than learning.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 17, 2017
AskProf:

You are very wrong because you are wrong, not because I think or feel you are wrong...
It may not be formal but they still retain that title. While talking about him, one may say Mr. Goodluck said this or that but when talking to him, one can tell him, Mr. President Sir, ....
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by AskProf: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
It may not be formal but they still retain that title. While talking about him, one may say Mr. Goodluck said this or that but when talking to him, one can tell him, Mr. President Sir, ....

I didn't post links, I posted screenshots of Google search should you not have time or data to go through the links.
Now, if you can't or won't read through the screenshots, I'm sorry but be careful with your Post-UME. Well, that's if you made UME cut-off in the 1st instance.
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Yyeske(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2017
AskProf:
Thanks for educating those illiterates
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Blastos(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2017
Our brother,

Peter Obi called H.E Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR "our President " in a PDP rally and you are busy checking for blunders. don't you know they are campaigning, the young man said that to electrify d crowd. no dey waste your time for this kind things, u hear? abi you hear any statement from the Current Presidency countering that statement?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Yyeske(m): 8:12am On Nov 17, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
Someone posted a screenshot for you because he knows people like you are lazy to google things up yet you are still arguing.
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by AskProf: 8:45am On Nov 17, 2017
Yyeske:
Thanks for educating those illiterates

One can only educate he/ she that wants to learn... Our friend in this case is full of knowledge. Just check out his response.
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2017
AskProf:

Are those where ur mind went to. Sorry, my mind don't operate on those levels
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by EazyMoh(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2017
He meant president of corruption, as a gold medalist in that field. No one can beat the IB at that he will forever remain their president.
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by David160(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
toltee4real:
Am I wrong?
you are an Apga supporter
Re: Peter Obi's Blunder At PDP Anambra Governorship Campaign. by Annydora(f): 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
Have you tried our bulk sms marketing platform?
You get guaranteed delivery, delivery reports or sms refunds
(or your money back) if your messages are not delivered.
www.smsmarketingportal.com

(1) (Reply)

Comrade Oshiomole Is Destroying APC- He Should Resign / Aba Flooded... People Paying #150 To Be Carried On Back Across The Flood Waters / APC Crisis: Why Tinubu Is The Most Powerful Politician In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.