Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Increases And Decreases Piety? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Increases And Decreases Piety? (4970 Views)

Islam Is Against Racism Rather Emphasizes, Faith, Piety And Righteousness / What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Lukgaf(m): 8:52am On Nov 17, 2017
*IMAN Increases and Decreases…How?

A’uudhu billahi minas Shaytaanir Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Alhamdulillah wasolatu wasalam ‘ala rosulillah

Iman (faith) is the AFFIRMATION OF THE HEART, the UTTERANCE OF THE TONGUE, and the ACTIONS OF THE LIMBS.

Noting the capitalized points, affirmation of the heart varies in degree; believing in something which one is told ( that is ‘Ilm (knowledge)) is not like believing in something which one sees with his own eyes (Haq), something sees with one own eye happening to another person is not like experiencing something personally (yaqeen). What is believing in news reported by a single reporter is not like believing in what is reported by two reporters, and so on.

Allah says (narrating the story of Prophet Ibraheem ‘alayhi salam):”My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead.” He (Allah) said: “Do you not believe?” He said: “Yes (I do believe), but want more confidence for my heart.” (Q2:260) Prophet Ibraheem ‘alayhi salam is a believer and still ask for practical examples to increase his Iman.

Listening to explanation of Quran, story of Prophets or their Companions…certainly increases Iman. For Example, when you scholars describe how hell fire is, you feel like not committing sin again and when they describe paradise you feel like seeing it, in this situation your Iman has increased.

*What increases Iman can be grouped into 3:

(culled from Fatawa arkanul islam by Sheik Uthaymeen), namely;

1. To know Allah, the Most High by His Names and Attributes; for the more a person increases his knowledge of Allah and His Names and Attributes, the more his faith increases. This is why one finds the scholars who have greater knowledge of Allah’s Names and Attributes than others, they are stronger in faith in this regard

2. Reflecting upon Allah’s Universal and Legislative Signs, because the more a person looks at the Universal Signs i.e. (Allah’s) creation, his faith increases. Dhariyah 20-21

3. Plenitude of good deeds, for the more a person increases his virtuous deeds, the more his faith increases thereby, whether these deeds are verbal or practical; for Allah’s Dhikr (remembrance) increases the faith quantitatively and qualitatively; and prayer, fasting and Hajj, all these (practical deeds) also increase the faith quantitatively and qualitatively.

To be continue inshaa Allah.....

http://fiqhclass.org/index.php/2017/04/17/iman-increases-and-decreaseshow/

May Allah grant us understanding

8 Likes

Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by miqos02(m): 11:00am On Nov 17, 2017
ok, I hear
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2017
Shukran
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by blackbelt(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2017
Baraka-Allahu feehi

2 Likes

Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2017
For those who want to know what decreases piety...

3 Likes

Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Fundamentalist: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2017
True talk ........ The believe that faith increases and decreases is the creed of Ahlu sunnah wall jamah . For a detailed explanation you read books like kitabu shari'ah, Assunah (imam Ahmad) and recently "weakness of faith" by ( Muhammad salih all munajjid) which is available in English and can be downloaded from the net. A very detailed explanation of this topic. It should be noted that there are people who don't Believe that faith increases and decreases
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Nezy4Real(m): 11:35am On Nov 17, 2017
Asalamunalaikum brothers and sisters, may Allah bless the OP abundantly for this wonderful admonishment. I have some important questions to ask here, forgive me, i am going to derail from the topic. The questions go:
1. What is the Islamic ruling on salatufati? a was it there right from the time of the prophet(saw) or was it revealed after is departure from the world? Giving adequate reference(s) from Quran or Hadeeth

2. After the completion of salat what manner of zikr are we supposed to observe? Is it by raising our voices in congregations or by how? Giving evidence(s) from Quran or Hadeeth.

Jazakalahu khair..
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by donqx: 11:52am On Nov 17, 2017
hmmm
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by GaniLAb(m): 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2017
May Allah increase your knowledge.
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Olasigun01(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
Nezy4Real:
Asalamunalaikum brothers and sisters, may Allah bless the OP abundantly for this wonderful admonishment. I have some important questions to ask here, forgive me, i am going to derail from the topic. The questions go:
1. What is the Islamic ruling on salatufati? a was it there right from the time of the prophet(saw) or was it revealed after is departure from the world? Giving adequate reference(s) from Quran or Hadeeth

2. After the completion of salat what manner of zikr are we supposed to observe? Is it by raising our voices in congregations or by how? Giving evidence(s) from Quran or Hadeeth.

Jazakalahu khair..

solaatul fathi is out of religion of Islam. Prophet Muhammed (saw) recommended solaatul ibrahimiyya when was asked how to do assolaat for him. *with the saying* :
Allahumo solli a'la muhammadin wa'la haali muhammadin kamaa sollayta a'la ibraaheema wa'la haali ibraaheema inaka hameedun majeed.
And the prophet(saw) said: " who ever innovate anything in this our religion, his innovation shall be returned to him I.e unrewarded". And if anyone authenticate solaatul fathi for U, then let him back it up with Qur'an and sunna.

For the second part, after each solaat: kursiyyu, kul huwa llahu ahad, kul audh falaq and nnas. also subhanallah33, Alhamdulillah33, Allahu akbar33.Laa ilaaha illa wahdau laa shariika lahu, lahul mulku walahul hamdu yuhyii wa yumihtu wauwa 'alaa kuli shayhin qodeer. For more check Citadel of the believer.

1 Like

Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Nezy4Real(m): 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
Jazakalahu khair, thanks for the clarification
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by amodu(m): 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2017
OP Illal Amom In Sha Allah
We anticipate how eeman decreases piety
Re: What Increases And Decreases Piety? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
Sex angry

(1) (Reply)

Easy Actions For Which Rewards Are Multiplied / WhatsApp Group For Sharing Islamic Videos / Audios (lectures/semons/music) / 25 Ways To Enter Jannah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.