Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? (6418 Views)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Islam Is Against Racism Rather Emphasizes, Faith, Piety And Righteousness / What Increases And Decreases Piety? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Lukgaf(m): 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
Iman (faith) is the AFFIRMATION OF THE HEART, the UTTERANCE OF THE TONGUE, and the ACTIONS OF THE LIMBS.

Noting the bolded and capitalized points, the affirmation of the heart varies in degree; believing in something which one is told ( that is ‘Ilm (knowledge)) is not like believing in something which one sees with his own eyes (Haq), something sees with one own eye happening to another person is not like experiencing something personally (yaqeen). What is believing in news reported by a single reporter is not like believing in what is reported by two reporters, and so on. see,

Allah says (narrating the story of Prophet Ibraheem ‘alayhi salam):”My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead.” He (Allah) said: “Do you not believe?” He said: “Yes (I do believe), but want more confidence for my heart.” (Q2:260) Prophet Ibraheem ‘alayhi salam is a believer and still ask for practical examples to increase his Iman.

Listening to explanation of Quran, story of Prophets or their Companions…certainly increases Iman. For Example, when you scholars describe how hell fire is, you feel like not committing sin again and when they describe paradise you feel like seeing it, in this situation your Iman has increased.

What increases Iman can be grouped into 3:

1. To know Allah, the Most High by His Names and Attributes; for the more a person increases his knowledge of Allah and His Names and Attributes, the more his faith increases. This is why one finds the scholars who have greater knowledge of Allah’s Names and Attributes than others, they are stronger in faith in this regard

2. Reflecting upon Allah’s Universal and Legislative Signs, because the more a person looks at the Universal Signs i.e. (Allah’s) creation, his faith increases. Dhariyah 20-21

3. Plenitude of good deeds, for the more a person increases his virtuous deeds, the more his faith increases thereby, whether these deeds are verbal or practical; for Allah’s Dhikr (remembrance) increases the faith quantitatively and qualitatively; and prayer, fasting and Hajj, all these (practical deeds) also increase the faith quantitatively and qualitatively.

As for the causes that lessen the Iman, we have the followings;

1. Ignorance of Allah’s Names and Attributes causes the faith to diminish, because when a person’s knowledge of Allah’s Names and Attributes is deficient, his faith will also be deficient.

2. Refraining from reflecting upon Allah’s Signs, both Universal and Legislative, as this causes the decrease of faith, or at least, causes it to be stationary with no increase.

3. Committing acts of disobedience, because acts of disobedience have detrimental effect on the heart and upon the faith. “The adulterer is not a believer while he commits adultery…” Bukhari and Muslim

4. The fourth cause of decrease in faith is abandoning the acts of obedience. If the act of obedience is obligatory, and one abandons it without lawful excuse, then that is a deficiency (in faith) for which he is blameworthy and deserves punishment. On the other hand, if the act of obedience is non-obligatory, or it is obligatory but he abandoned it with a valid excuse, then it is a deficiency for which he is not rebuked, nor deserves punishment. This is why the Prophet declared that a woman is deficient in her intelligence and in her religion; and he explained that the cause of deficiency in her religion is because when she has her menstrual period, she does not pray nor fast. Even though she is not held blameworthy for abandoning prayer and fasting at the time of menstruation – she is in fact commanded to abandon them -, but due to the loss of deeds which a man performs, she becomes deficient compared to him in this respect. Culled from Fatawa arkanul islam by Sheik Uthaymeen)

My brothers and sisters, check yourself!

You only feel in the sky when you listen to music (Obesere, Davido, Pasuma, Osupa, Olamide, …) SUBHANALLAH! but when they play Quran, you say - off it! Don’t let me commit sin…and you think you’re not committing sins for listening to music?!

If Islamic gathering is not mixed with music you will be sleeping… guy that lecture is boring! SUBHANALLAH!

You pray every day but soothsayers/fortune-tellers are your second God that determine your way of life… SUBHANALLAH!

Are you practising Islam that Prophet Muhammad brought?!

Increase your Iman with good deeds now, death is inevitable. A moment can make someone become a dweller of Hell fire and this moment can make you dweller of Paradise.

May Allah make good deeds easy for us as we strive to practice true teachings of Islam.

Source: Fiqh Class Foundation

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Subzero047: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2020
It's Friday again

7 Likes

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Basit46: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2020
MAY ALLAH GUIDE US TO THE RIGHT PATH AND FORGIVE OUR SINS

3 Likes

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by rafkollinz: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2020
Jazakum lahu khairan
For sharing this

1 Like

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by money121(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2020
Ok
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by AntiChristian: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2020
May Allah grant us beneficial good deeds that will uplift our iman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Comedian2019: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2020
It's Friday! Ruling time grin

9 Likes

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Meedon: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2020
Resident Evil

Coronavirus

Extinction

The End Of Man Kind

Ya Allah be merciful

Save us from the terror of Jaanama

Like it happen in Resident Evil

1 Like

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Chizmickey(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2020
Comedian2019:
It's Friday! Ruling time grin

Lol

3 Likes

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Newnas(m): 10:30am On Mar 13, 2020
AntiChristian:
May Allah grant us beneficial good deeds that will uplift our iman.

Aameen.

1 Like

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2020
Basit46:
MAY ALLAH GUIDE US TO THE RIGHT PATH AND FORGIVE OUR SINS

YOUR SINS CANNOT BE FORGIVEN EXCEPT BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.

In Moses law, it is written "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness (remission) of sins."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2020
Meedon:
Resident Evil

Coronavirus
Extinction
The End Of Man Kind

Ya Allah be merciful
Save us from the terror of Jaanama
Like it happen in Resident Evil

The prophesy of the scripture must be fulfilled.
It will become worse, and then the Antichrist will manifest. (the false man of Peace)
His reign will be the worst of the worst in human's entire history of existence. And his mark is 666. He will rule the world (The One World Government.)

The prophesy MUST BE FULFILLED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Meedon: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2020
mrZENographer:

YOUR SINS CANNOT BE FORGIVEN EXCEPT BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.

In Moses law, it is written "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness (remission) of sins."

If you dont repent and follow Mohammed (SAW) Ja - anama awaits you

And Al-janah will be far away from you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Meedon: 10:40am On Mar 13, 2020
Allahuakubar

Ya Allah to you i put my trust

mrZENographer:

The prophesy of the scripture must be fulfilled.
It will become worse, and then the Antichrist will manifest. (the false man of Peace)
His reign will be the worst of the worst in human's entire history of existence. And his mark is 666. He will rule the world (The One World Government.)

The prophesy MUST BE FULFILLED.

1 Like

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2020
Meedon:

If you dont repent and follow Mohammed (SAW) Ja - anama awaits you

And Al-janah will be far away from you

What proof do you have?

My proof to you is my testimony. Jesus heals the blind, cripple, deaf/dumb, HIV, madness, cancer, diabetes, barrenness, hernia, ulcer, hunchback etc in the Lord's Chosen Ministry.

He healed a crippled muslim beggar I carried to my church who had been cripple from birth. (21 years old). He healed him.

What is your testimony and proof that you serve the living God?

2 Likes

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Meedon: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2020
We are the most peaceful set of people in the world of religion

May Allah have mercy on you this akafri

mrZENographer:

What proof do you have?

My proof to you is my testimony. Jesus heals the blind, cripple, deaf/dumb, HIV, madness, cancer, diabetes, barrenness, hernia, ulcer, hunchback etc in the Lord's Chosen Ministry.

He healed a crippled muslim beggar I carried to my church who had been cripple from birth. (21 years old). He healed him.

1 Like

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 10:48am On Mar 13, 2020
Meedon:

Allahuakubar

Ya Allah to you i put my trust

Allah cannot save you. Jesus Christ is the only way to God and Heaven.

Jesus is the only Begotten Son of God (The Word of God)

The Soul is the only Begotten of Man.

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 10:56am On Mar 13, 2020
Meedon:
We are the most peaceful set of people in the world of religion

May Allah have mercy on you this akafri

Is that your proof?
That your religion is https://thereligionofpeace.com/

Okay.

My God is a God of Miracles, Signs and Wonders. He did miracles with every prophet in the Bible. From Moses to Jesus Christ, they did great miracles to prove God. And the apostles of Jesus did great miracles too. And today the disciples of Jesus do great miracles.
COME AND SEE
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Gartol(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2020
mrZENographer:

What proof do you have?

I believe in jesus (pbuh), I believe he healed the leper, he gave life to the dead and he healed the sick people with Allahs permission. I believe he was born miraculously and I believe he will come back during the end times too.

Lol you said someone healed a cripple begger, what happened to quobams he has been blind from birth or is he not a believer?
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by advocatejare(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2020
Having a dog reduces your Qirat

Narrated By Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "If somebody keeps a dog, he loses one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds everyday, except if he keeps it for the purpose of agriculture or for the protection of livestock." Sahih Bukhari 5:54:541

Dogs who have been described as man's best friend are hated by Muhammad because the jinn c erroneously called Gabriel by Muslims who was bringing Quranic revelation to Muhammad was afraid of dogs. Is it not only evil spirits that are afraid of dogs?

Narrated By Salim's father
Once Gabriel promised the Prophet (that he would visit him, but Gabriel did not come) and later on he said, "We, angels, do not enter a house which contains a picture or a dog
-Sahih Bukhari 4:54:450

Why was "Gabriel" afraid of dogs? That was because Gabriel was a typical jinn, a huge gigantic jinn that covered the whole horizon and as expected the dogs in Muhammad's house would have barked at it and sent it away.

Narrated By Masruq
I asked 'Aisha "What about His Statement: "Then he (Gabriel) approached And came closer, And was at a distance Of but two bow-lengths Or (even) nearer?" (53.8-9) She replied, "It was Gabriel who used to come to the Prophet in the figure of a man, but on that occasion, he came in his actual and real figure and (he was so huge) that he covered the whole horizon."
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:458

So the command that Muslims shouldn't keep dogs at home and the threat that they would lose qirats daily if they do so was given by Muhammad in order for dogs not to send his Jinn away. And even till date, all alfas that commune with Jinns don't keep dogs at home.
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2020
Gartol:
I believe in jesus (pbuh), I believe he healed the leper, he gave life to the dead and he healed the sick people with Allahs permission. I believe he was born miraculously and I believe he will come back during the end times too.

Lol you said someone healed a cripple begger, what happened to quobams he has been blind from birth or is he not a believer?

Yes my Pastor prayed in the name of Jesus and the cripple started walking.

You believe Jesus did great miracles. So did the Jews who crucified him for claiming to be the only Begotten Son of God.
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Gartol(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2020
mrZENographer:

You believe Jesus did great miracles. So did the Jews who crucified him for closing to be the Son of God.
I asked you a simple question why hasn't quobams been healed. You never gave me an answer?

Secondly you are talking about miracles should I tell you the greatest living miracle up to this moment? A living miracle you yourself can testify to? THE Glorious Quran.

No religion scripture, I repeat no religion scripture has remained in it's pure form for as long as 1400 years up till this moment

2 Likes

Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Aysha110(f): 11:10am On Mar 13, 2020
Masha Allah jaxakallahu khairan
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by Gartol(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2020
mrZENographer:

You believe Jesus did great miracles. So did the Jews who crucified him for claiming to be the only Begotten Son of God.
yes I believed jesus(pbuh) did miracles but with the permission of God. I am not a jew I am a Muslim. And the Quran is very clear about his crucifixion. Allah said in the Glorious Quran: In suratul Nisa chapter 4 verse 157: They killed him not neither was he crucified, it was only made to appear so.

The Jews didn't believe in christ, so when he did miracles in God's name they said he was an imposter, that he was a fake christ.

We muslims believe in him. Infact you are not a Muslim if you do not believe in jesus and his miracles
Re: What Increases And Lessens Iman (piety)? by mrZENographer: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2020
Gartol:
yes I believed jesus(pbuh) did miracles but with the permission of God. I am not a jew I am a Muslim. And the Quran is very clear about his crucifixion. Allah said in the Glorious Quran: In suratul Nisa chapter 4 verse 157: They killed him not neither was he crucified, it was only made to appear so.

The Jews didn't believe in christ, so when he did miracles in God's name they said he was an imposter, that he was a fake christ.

We muslims believe in him. Infact you are not a Muslim if you do not believe in jesus and his miracles

How can you believe a prophet who did no miracles. But rather slept with many women and little girl and looted many homes?
This Jesus and his apostles did not.

By their fruits you shall know them.

The Jews actually belived Jesus was a great prophet. One of several verses.

Matthew 16:13 "13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14And they said, Some say that you are John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15He saith unto them, But whom say yes that I am?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are There No Prophets In The Quran From West Africa Or Asia Or Americas? / Darfur Vs Gaza: African Muslims Are Worth Less Than Arab Muslims / Sanusi Warns Muslims Against Joining Issues With Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.