Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

You Better Learn How To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Better Learn How To Pray (9130 Views)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Better Learn How To Pray by lightblazingnow(m): 11:35am On Nov 17, 2017
To pray isn't religious as some opined, prayers entails the movement of your life and welfare, if you do not know how to pray, it will be difficult for you to end well, it doesn't matter how brightly you started your life. The end of a thing is better than the beginning.

Everyone prays, wether it's a wish,or a desire or a mere words of luck, it's translated into inner self belief, even most people who claim they don't believe in the existence of the Almighty God prays, they actually think things to be better than its with them or the pains, sicknesses, frustration and disappointment they are encountering to go away.

Methods of prayers degenerated into men performing magic and diverse kind of spiritualism crept into the society thereby damaging the concept of spiritual communication between the mortal men and immortal God Almighty.

Prayers are like needing help from your Creator, comfort from your founder, just like every other things would need a repair from the makers. Like your automobiles would cry out or broken loose and down when the parts are no longer in order. All you need to do is fix them together, you may not know the extent to which the damage have been until the craft is taken to the right mechanics.

Same way you may never know how much you are broken loose until the right prayers are offered on your behalf. The reason people are running from church to church is because they never learned how to pray. If from the beginning of their lives, they payed close attention to their teachers who had tried to teach them how to pray, they wouldn't have suffered much as they are suffering today, it pays to hear.

It was because of the so called misconceptions about prayers that the disciples of Christ Jesus asked the master of all to teach them how to pray". That's what you really need to know, it's not how to slay, to surf the web, how to make money or to be successful, because it will give nothing after you have gained the whole world and then lost your soul" . You must be wise in this life not to contradict the vital things and trivial pursuit. Wealth does not make a man, but wisdom will deliver you from death. How do I mean

Proverbs 8:32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O you children: for blessed are they that keep my ways, says the master of all men.

8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. 8:34 Blessed is the man that hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. He has a lot to tell you, just as you daily posts on social media..

8:35 For whoso found me fund life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. 8:36 But he that's sinning against me is killing his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

That's exactly what I mean, in the eyes of men you may be a very successful man, but in reality you are killing your own soul. Be careful people what you claim to have believed in life.

And so, enough of talk, let us get over with it. Prayers connects you with the solutions that have eluded you, maybe you have been having a dangerous nightmares and you have tried everything you know to stop evil spirits from tormenting you in your dreams, the right kind of prayers will stop those nonsense from happening in your dreams.

Let me say something most of you have heard over and again, but hasn't taken it seriously, if you are a Christian, that means you have believed in your heart that God Almighty raised Christ Jesus His son from death, and that makes your heart right with God Almighty's thought and again you have confessed with your mouth that CHRIST JESUS is the lord of all

Colossians 1:15 CHRIST, who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 1:16 For by CHRIST were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by CHRIST, and for CHRIST:

1:17 And CHRIST is before all things, and by him all things consist. 1:18 And CHRIST is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he, CHRIST might have the preeminence.

1:19 For it pleased the Father God Almighty that in CHRIST should all fulness dwell; 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1:23 If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

And so, if you have accepted all these about this man Jesus, then you should not play with his name when you pray. Prayers begin with his name and end in his name. Whatever you have addressed in the name of CHRIST is irrevocable, in other words it can never be overturned. So, in your different churches where you you guys play with CHRIST JESUS name, I marvel, you hear folks chanting in Name Jesus I command you out, I command you out, they could say that a thousand times thinking they will be heard by repeating those words, that's hypocrisy. You really didn't believe His Name has power, you are just saying those things because that is the way you were thought.

But I am telling you today, stop using the name of the lord in vain, that name is authority in heaven and earth, what ever you decreed in that name is done wether you could see it or not.

Your success in prayer is hung up to your revelations of the name Christ Jesus.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by lightblazingnow(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2018
Surely
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Yambee: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2018
Ok
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2018
Men ought to pray not to faint.

Thank you Jesus Christ of Nazareth you are my God forever and ever

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by freethinker01: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2018
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by SeriouslySense(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2018
I pray for Nigeria, that we will finally have direction. Thank God, thank you.

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by andy4d2ofus(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2018
Prayers are spiritual cover for our physical protection. The Bible says pray always

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Owned: 10:00am On Sep 23, 2018
grin

Like For Prayer
Share For Juju

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by coolestchris(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2018
Only God knows
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by benzics(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2018
You better learn how to get up yo ass and make a real change

7 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2018
Prayer is key, prayer is the master key.

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Mekanus(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2018
Prayer is useless

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Yeecar(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2018
You don't need to be told. Prayer is a powerful key.

2 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by dionysus7: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2018
you claim praying isn't religious and yet all your arguments are based on your religion

no one is saying you shouldn't pray, please pray all you want but don't come here and start throwing religious opinions as facts for us.

facts have nothing to do with prayers, either it's working or not, don't fuel your car and pray till next year, prayer won't make it work...prayer doesn't fix sh!t

grow the fucck up

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2018
If you like pray from today till tomorrow, if you don't make a move to solve your own problems, then you're doomed. This is why the western world and even Asia are ahead of us. They don't let their religion cloud their sense of reasoning even though they might be more religious than us especially in Asia. The real truth is that you can't just pray away your problems like its some magic trick.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by hopefulLandlord: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2018
Nothing Fails Like Prayer

5 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by trueking: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2018
our G.O says "Pray so that you do not have to pray"

words for thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Cindy08: 10:41am On Sep 23, 2018
OK ooo I hear infact na watin I dey do so
Down here

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by SadMemories(m): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2018
Cindy08:
OK ooo I hear infact na watin I dey do so Down here
AH TEMPTATION

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Ralo(m): 10:50am On Sep 23, 2018
Lol, better get to work and stop wasting your time expecting miracles from “prayers”

2 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by hopefulLandlord: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2018
dionysus7:

facts has nothing to do with prayers, either it's working or not, don't fuel your car and pray till next year, prayer won't make it work...prayer doesn't fix sh!t
do you know Adeboye drove his car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank?

4 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by orisa37: 10:59am On Sep 23, 2018
And He taught us "The Lord's Prayer". His Apostles added "The Grace and Amen".
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 23, 2018
If you want to pray to and worship God in the correct manner you have to become a Muslim. There is no any other way. See the way the following people pray/worship God as recorded in the Bible:

JESUS
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

Nehemiah 8:6

Ezra praised the Lord, the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, “Amen! Amen!” Then they bowed down and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by orisa37: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2018
Very well explained.
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by linqzs: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2018
Must verything in Christianity be by force ni

2 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by dionysus7: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
do you know Adeboye drove his car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank?
that's the thing with them faith people...they believe anything without evidence and that's why I fear their lots. they don't need evidence to believe anything, they just believe. the only difference between them and a radical Isis terrorist is that Adeboye has not told them to start killing people for God yet, because those terrorists too were not born killers, they were indoctrinated to believe what they believe and seeing that they believe without evidence just like themselves, it's easy to corrupt their minds and thus I'm afraid of their kind, so to answer your question, I've heard it but I don't believe hear say. however what I know based on tests is that one cannot drive their petrol engine car without petrol fuel.

7 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Firebomber: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2018
Binb:
If you want to pray to and worship God in the correct manner you have to become a Muslim. There is no any other way. See the way the following people pray/worship God as recorded in the Bible:

JESUS
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and fell on their faces, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua fell on his face to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

You people always look for problem everywhere.

I guess you are ready to tell use how fell(lie down), face to ground. Take relate to your gymnastic exercise(stand up, bend down, knel down, head touching ground, repeat the process again, and again and again and tada black spot head). Lolz

You people always behave like an educated illiterate when it come to religion. Shame.

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Firebomber: 11:23am On Sep 23, 2018
linqzs:
Must verything in Christianity be by force ni

So someone have force you to do something in Christianity before?

Yes or No
Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Deji63: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2018
Yes prayer is the key to living a Godly happy life of fulfilled achievements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by movetoca: 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2018
Firebomber:

I guess you are ready to tell use how fell(lie down), face to ground. Take relate to your gymnastic exercise(stand up, bend down, knel down, head touching ground, repeat the process again, and again and again and tada black spot head). Lolz

You people always behave like an educated illiterate when it come to religion. Shame.
Hahahahahaha... gymnastic excersie.

2 Likes

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
[quote author=Firebomber post=71450867]

I guess you are ready to tell use how fell(lie down), face to ground. (stand up, bend down, knel down, head touching ground, repeat the process again, and again and again and tada black spot head). Lolze]

I have modified my post to include Nehemiah 8:6. It include raising of the hand, bowing down etc

Those pictures you posted, which church pray like that?

Next time learn to engage inl discussion without insults. I

1 Like

Re: You Better Learn How To Pray by MicroSweet(m): 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2018
Flesh and blood couldn't have revealed this to you. Those are deep words...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... / Was Samson In The Bible Ever Saved? / Popular Present Day Pastors U Know Found In Hell By Divine Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.