Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

How I Was - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was (1353 Views)

BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? / Ford Is Planning To Produce An Electric Version Of The F-150 SUV / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was by mikotek(m): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
I did my driver's License on the 8th of December, 2015. Its
Re: How I Was by Eggcelent(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2017
The Title Is Rather Misleading. You're Never Shortchanged. You Just Learnt Of The Age-long Practice
Re: How I Was by jimotochukwuobi(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bros, drivers license expires on your birthday irrespective of weather it get to exact 3-5 years validity or not.
Are you the only Nigerian to have a drivers license?
The validity is automatically calculated by the system and not human, I don't know why we make issues out o nothing.
Re: How I Was by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
mikotek:
I did my driver's License on the 8th of December, 2015. Its expiry date is 5th May 2018, instead of 8th December 2018 since drivers License have a duration of 3 years before renewal. When I noticed that I've been shortchanged for 7 good months, I approached one of the officers of the Federal Road Safety Corps to make enquiry. The reason he gave me is that drivers license usually expires on one's birthday. My question is, why not make it to expire on 5th May 2019? 7 months is too much. Is there anyone who have the same experience? Is there any thing I can do? Advice please

I still find it difficult to see how u were extorted and robbed. U need to modify ur topic. And just so u know, the dates are imputed automatically. I'm sure if ur birthday is December and u had ur driver's licence done in June and the expiry date says December 2018 u won't go back to ask them why they added the extra months. My own license was issued on 19/01/2017 and expiry date is 12/12/2022. So I should now go back to frsc and ask them why they gave me 11 extra months.

1 Like

Re: How I Was by mikotek(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2017
greenhulk:

I still find it difficult to see how u were extorted and robbed. U need to modify ur topic. And just so u know, the dates are imputed automatically. I'm sure if ur birthday is December and u had ur driver's licence done in June and the expiry date says December 2018 u won't go back to ask them why they added the extra months. My own license was issued on 19/01/2017 and expiry date is 12/12/2022. So I should now go back to frsc and ask them why they gave me 11 extra months.

So they added 11 extra months for you. What if the reverse was the case, I mean what if they removed 11 months, would it not pain you?
Re: How I Was by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2017
mikotek:

So they added 11 extra months for you. What if the reverse was the case, I mean what if they removed 11 months, would it not pain you?

It will pain me but not enough for me to say I was scammed or robbed. C'mon bro, driver's license expires on date of birth, so maybe next time u have to do the timing and apply around January/February..
Re: How I Was by laluski(m): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2017
Please let us not blame the guy.am just on the know now that driver's license expires on date of birth. Never knew before. Maybe he wasn't aware.we're all here to teach and learn

2 Likes

Re: How I Was by ugreat(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Just learnt this one too

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Hiace 1999 Va Toyota Hiace 2005 Which Is Better / Men Don't Cry / Innosion Motor Bus Was Seen In Ilorin Today With Kwara Plate Number,(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.