Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? (47773 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Oluwo Of Iwo's Innoson Car Spotted In UNILAG (Photos) / The Innoson Military Vehicles Purchased By Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by AutoJoshNG: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
Since the Big Brother Naija - Pepper Dem edition - ended, there have been vigorous conversations centred around the cost of the IVM G40 SUV prize. Many Nigerians opined that the G40 was too pricey for a locally-made vehicle. Some suggested that many imported brands of SUVs cost a lot less.

See The Current Prices Of 19 Compact SUVs in Nigeria HERE

Due to the furore generated by the price of the IVM G40, as announced by the organizer of the Big Brother Naija, we contacted Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing – the manufacturer of the vehicle - to determine the actual price of the vehicle.

We were informed that the G40 sells for N21.3million. This is about N3.7million less than what Multichoice announced.

So, why did Multichoice announce that the car costs N25million?

According to Ehijie, a car buff, Innoson probably sells the base model of the IVM G40 for N21.3 million. The base model of a car typically comes without some customizations or unique extra features.

Now the question is, even if the model of IVM G40 presented to Mercy Eke as the BBN prize was the upgraded model, what sort of upgrade was made on it that would cost N3.7million?

Read the complete article HERE

Source:

https://autojosh.com/did-big-brother-naija-shortchange-the-winner-of-the-show-with-the-car-prize/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Crownbefitsme(f): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Since the Big Brother Naija - Pepper Dem edition - ended, there have been vigorous conversations centred around the cost of the IVM G40 SUV prize. Many Nigerians opined that the G40 was too pricey for a locally-made vehicle. Some suggested that many imported brands of SUVs costs a lot less.

See The Current Prices Of 19 Compact SUVs in Nigeria HERE

Due to the furore generated by the price of the IVM G40, as announced by the organizer of the Big Brother Naija, we contacted Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing – the manufacturer of the vehicle - to determine the actual price of the vehicle.

We were informed that the G40 sells for N21.3million. This is about N3.7million less than what Multichoice announced.

So, why did Multichoice announce that the car costs N25million?

According to Ehijie, a car buff, Innoson probably sells the base model of the IVM G40 for N21.3 million. The base model of a car typically comes without some customizations or unique extra features.

Now the question is, even if the model of IVM G40 presented to Mercy Eke as the BBN prize was the upgraded model, what sort of upgrade was made on it that would cost N3.7million?

Read the complete article HERE

Source:

https://autojosh.com/did-big-brother-naija-shortchange-the-winner-of-the-show-with-the-car-prize/

Will not buy that catapilliar for 5million self
Don’t even have d money for a bicycle self
Not to talk of a car
Innoson and bbn
Knows what they are doing
Dat car is not just worth dat amount
My thought thou.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by naijadrivablog: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
Maybe Nigeria factor played out and someone just got richer by N3.7m. grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by solutionist: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
After making billions from the show, they still went ahead to deprive the winner of N3.7m. By the way, after paying N30m. And the SUV is N25m. What happens to the balance N5m? That can't be deductions for tax - or is it?

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by allsaint2000: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
I smell scam.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by WalkerMichael(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
allsaint2000:
I smell scam.

Na pure scam

Google baic bj40

Cc ornicus

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by marvin906(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
aw far..
e don do na wetin happen..
how many times I wan dey read this story self

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by OhiOfIhima: 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
No doubt about that.. The car aren't worth my N5milla sef.

BBN organizers are clowns.

21 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by solmusdesigns: 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
cool

Yes she was,

Mercy should report them to EFCC, how can they sell that Chinese NEPA Car for 25 million

Only a Dunce would buy a 2.4L i configuration four cylinder engine with 143 horsepower and 150km/hr top speed for N25million $60,000, when Toyota ,Audi and Nissan V8 engine cost for far less

Imagine if 800va i better pass my neighbor Tiger generator is produced by innosson they would call it 500k

34 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by ZoeyJ(f): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
Came4aamod:
Its a shitty show .and those who promised money and changed mouth just made It more shitty .. U wanna live fake like u need to take risks ...
You think it's easy for people to give free money,those type of people are rare. Even my boss feels reluctant to pay money i worked for

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by GMbuharii: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
solmusdesigns:
Yes she was

Say no to poverty lolsssssss

grin lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Rosella1: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hmmm, 3.7 million?

Ohhhkay. . .
Lemme help them, from the #3.7m they bought fuel, drove the car to the Bbnaija house, hired car wash people to clean the car as per lagos dust don stain am, payed decorators to buy ribbon to decorate the car, also sprayed the car with the pepper dem logo.

Ooops, I almost forgot, they gave Musa gallon and money to buy more fuel to top the one wey dey inside motor!
I tried, someone else should add! tongue

16 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Acidosis(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
solutionist:
After making billions from the show, they still went ahead to deprive the winner of N3.7m. By the way, after paying N30m. And the SUV is N25m. What happens to the balance N5m? That can't be deductions for tax - or is it?

You will find out when you stop putting mouth in things you don't understand.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by mclorenzo(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
Still on the Innoson SUV matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by RexTramadol1: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
solutionist:

Lol, other prizes like

Free minimie chinchin, indomie

Scanfrost items etc

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by PureGoldh(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
Noted
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by chrizdave: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
Innoson is assembling parts and rebadging ‘em

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Mopolchi: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Crownbefitsme:

Will not buy that catapilliar for 5million self
Don’t even have d money for a bicycle self
Not to talk of a car
Innoson and bbn
Knows what they are doing
Dat car is not just worth dat amount
My thought thou.
You get 5m

8 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by peeps4u: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
solutionist:

There are other prizes now that sum up to 60m. Don't just rush to comment please

7 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Nepa cars are usually costly. I don't think she was shortchanged in anyway.

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by DennisEche(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
HATERS , WHO WAS MERCY BEFORE BBNAIJA? THE FAME AND THE EXPOSURE SHE GOT COMPARE TO THE THE LESS THAN 2.5M YOU ARE CLAIMING SHORT CHANGE IS INSIGNIFICANT.

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by oyinda1599(f): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Ofcos she was....Indirect scamming method.
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
whats the difference between the cost you quoted and final price
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Earthquake1: 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
OhiOfIhima:
No doubt about that.. The car aren't worth my N5milla sef.

BBN organizers are clowns.

What do you know about cars?
Re: BBNaija: Was Mercy Shortchanged With The Innoson Car Prize? by Kellie069(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
Make we leave story and sentiments, that car cost for that money. But again, brand new cars are expensive sha. Don't use price for direct tukumbo to compare new ones

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord / 15 Most Loved Cars In Nigeria. / 2020 Honda Invisus: The Most Amazing Honda Car Ever Imagined (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.