Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? (35996 Views)

Can I Use MTN Hynetflex Plans On Phones? / How To Watch Mbc 2 3. Trace Naija, Urban, CBS reality. Sports Free On Phones / How To Watch Local TV Channels On Phones/laptop Without Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Bigsteveg(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2017
hajlat2:
Back to play store, Apple store etc. My reason is simple, if you bought a product and you are not satisfied , all you need to do is to return it to the store you bought it.
Nonsense....so all the downloaded music and videos nko?
The ones you collected via Bluetooth nko?

Op...they just get deleted as in being erased a way.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2017
I know am
NA SAMBISA .....OYA LET'S GO AND VISIT THEM
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Vacora(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
DICKtator:

I am also on Quora and I believe both of you are wrong!

Some Quoran members joke around with their answers too

Perhaps y'all just stick with the upvoted answers and jump to conclusions that all "glitters" there!

I read most,if not all, of the responses and I must admit, you find people either being sarcastic or joking !
I don't see anything wrong in people displaying such here! (In my own opinion)
Lil humor,or to try to be humorous, doesn't hurt!

grin grin grin grin

Stupid questions mostly go ignored or downvoted on Quora. Sarcasm aplenty on Quora and when I turn to Nairaland I cannot but see it is now a creche for kids. There are experts in every topic or field on the Quora so there is a high chance or probability your questions will be answered in a mature and timely fashion. Can’t say the same for your hasty ‘opinion’ though. Like they say “ opinions are like.....

1 Like

Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by felifeli: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hell fire.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
xcelentattitude:
Have you ever wondered where things deleted on your phones or other gadgets go to, then you are in the right company. nairalanders, answers

It remains within the phone. I think it either stays on a section of the hard drive or mother board.

Copied from Quora.

Deleting a file doesn’t means to destroying the existence of the file. Whenever you press the delete button, the file becomes inaccessible. There is a storage master table , which keeps track of all the available spaces and used storage spaces. Whenever a delete action is performed, the space is set as free to reuse. Unless a newer file requests for storage space, the file remains in its old place, but is not accessible to the end user. Once a newer file is available, the data is replaced with the new file, and old file is deleted permanently.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by cybriz82(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
EmmySparky:
fish brain...i thought u were going to provide us with the answer...glorified mumu

hallelujah !!!!
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by linearity: 4:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
xcelentattitude:
Have you ever wondered where things deleted on your phones or other gadgets go to, then you are in the right company. nairalanders, answers

They don't go any where, they are still in the phone and can be recovered by anyone who knows what they are doing.

When you hit the delete key, all the phone is doing is to mark that item as 'rewrite eligible'. This makes that portion of storage for write operation should your storage become full.

Even your storage eventually become full and the 'rewrite eligible' storage area are reclaimed and rewritten over, one can still undelete the content.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by linearity: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
Nigerdeltaent:
when you delete data from your phone or computer, it goes into reserves memory of your computer or phone call Cache memory.

if you observe, your phone may have 12Gig storage, but you wont be allowed to use all the 12gig, something like 11gig will be free for usage, but the remaining 1gig is taken as reserve and unaccessible by you.

some call it Cache or Virtual memory.

Thats where all Deleted data go into.

Buzz me on +2347067049571 for all your Digital Marketing and Web Design jobs. cheers!

Cache is a different concept than virtual memory(aka vMemory) and they are not the same as reserve or addressable memory and deleted items does not go into any of these.

Cache:
Is a Runtime memory that supplements your physical memory. It is a portion of memory that contains currently running apps, video program etc.

Virtual Memory:
Is the virtual equivalent of your physical memory installed on your device. It's mostly used and applicable when using virtual machines(aka VM), VPC (virtual private cloud), openstack, etc and you have concepts like vMemory, vCPU, vDisk, vRAM, vNIC, etc.

Reserved Memory:
Are reserved system executable space running kernel applications and not accessible to your apps, etc and usually are locked and protected.

Unaddressable Storage:
The reason you don't see e.g. a full 4g space when you install a 4g storage is because, the rest of the space is taken up by partition table, format over head, hidden shadow files, recovery partitions, etc. what you see is the addressable storage space.

Deleted Files:
These files are stored in the addressable storage space, but flagged as 're write eligible' then hidden.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by soath(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
majorgr:
correct guy, abeg enter any shop and take two fanta apple for ur self. U don try
I'll pay for those. Take two gala & pay by yourself.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by olaniyi0(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
DICKtator:

Not a tech guru but I believe this!

Or how do you explain the FBI,CIA and police retrieving deleted files/information from suspects computer system after hacking into it.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by azino11(m): 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
My thoughts too, I was hoping to see sensible answers.
Pushas:
No wonder Nigeria is not developing. Op asked a valid and smart question. Just look at the STUPID responses above? Fools.

@OP I am also waiting for an answer too.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by gbishman: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
Central server
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Ekenedirichukwu(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
All deleted files go to backup section of the same memory. This backup section is known as Stack. It is a hidden storage section for only deleted files. However, deleted files could be recovered with File Recovery Softwares. Simple
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by babapressy(m): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by fowlyansh181(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
If I can attempt to explain, nothing really gets deleted and nothing really leaves . What you see in your computer and phone are a bunch of codes and pixels running and doing what you tell it to do with every command .. if you have about 1 million songs on your of and you delete them , I think it doesn't leave , it just breaks the code and convert those songs to free space , hence you think the file deleted , . Now if you copy movies over those free space , it simply converts the space to movies . It just keeps on happening like that .. if things actually really deleted.
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by tafat: 2:03am On Nov 19, 2017
I don't really think things are actually deleted o, they are stored in d ram. That's y at a long run some fones tend to get slow(dats if they have little ram) even when you've deleted a lot of stuff
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by DJMCOTTY(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2017
Am sure if a computer guru tells us the answer we no go understand.... So let's have fun with our own answers.,.., check the phone case
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
still in storage...but in certain roots of sectors in bits and a programmer who knows what's he is doing will pop it back again!
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by Adekaka12345: 12:35pm On May 12, 2020
ariklawani:
The question is Stupid either.

Akintobi Talabi. Don't know what's wrong. Can't respond on IG. Can we chat via email? Akintobitalabi@gmail.com
Re: Where Do Things Deleted On Phones Go To? by ariklawani(f): 5:00pm On May 12, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Registered For Etranzact Pocketmoni And I'm Loving It! / Who Still Owns A Blackberry In 2021? / What's The Best Browser For Blackberry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.