Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Before Financially Commiting.... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Before Financially Commiting.... (2909 Views)

This Is The Reason Farmer Struggle Financially? / Be Financially Independent With Any Thing You Have Through Garri Trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Financially Commiting.... by Pavore9: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
In as much as Agriculture holds so much possibilities and threads coming up offering "investment opportunities", PLEASE for the sake of your mental well-being and avoiding financial loss, don't fall for enticing profit margins being hawked online as most end in disappointment for the ones who dropped the money.

Before you commit financially, make effort to physically meet with whoever is proposing to manage your investment on your behalf and if you can't personally, delegate someone you TRUST. Assess the personality, have the proposed site visited to ascertain the authenticity and feel free to ask questions randomly from locals of the area, demand for verifiable track records of profitability....it is your money and right.

Get a LAWYER involved in the documentation, every scenario should be spelt out such as fire outbreak, theft, destruction by cows, poor yield etc and both parties have a clear idea of who would bear the loss.....this should not be a "leave am for God" issue as no one has the right to play around with your money. Whoever is managing your investment owes you a timeline of how your money is working for you, tales by moonlight should not be tolerated.

For those advertising investment schemes, if you have no core competence nor insurance in place for what you are offering, you are better off gambling with funds raised from family and friends. Greed should not lure you, a good name is better than being known as a scammer. Scammers don't go far in life, no one sins successfully.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Firefire(m): 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Excellent post.

1 Like

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Rzq4: 7:03am On Nov 18, 2017
well said
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2017
If this is what the leadership of this Agric section can come up with after the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4162535/mr-gbenga-lesgupnigeria-trying-dupe

...there is fire on the mountain oooooo, and I am beginning to think stagger is justified by advocating for total ban of all investment offers. Come on!

For Christ's sake, this forum is read everywhere. Are you saying this is a good check? And we expect the greenhouse/drip irrigation Israeli contractor, the young Austrian investor, the middle age American or British diplomat, the South Korean/Japanese computer/mobile guru, the middle east diamond/gold/precious stone buyer, etc. to start taking Nigerians serious? And we want our almost "yeye-lised" green passport to start commanding power with this kind of post or check? A dey laugh in Swahili ooooo.

Neither do I think the lawyer you advised them to get is going to check scams on this forum, nor the disclaimer written at the foot of this website will hinder a very good lawyer from making you liable for scams on this forum.

Even twitter listened recently to criticism. They have started removing blue mark verifications. Facebook also addressed the issue of using its website to interfere with the election that brought Mr. Trump on board. And I can continue giving you examples of big websites and social media tools that listened to complains and acted very fast.

I have confidence this Agric section admins can come up with a better solution. And if they do, the check can be applied to other sections, most especially to the business and investment sections. Why don't you guys have a real discussion together and map out strategies to go about it. If you need help, ask for it. "Ask, and it shall be given; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be open unto you."

I use this opportunity to talk directly to you the owner, Mr. Seun. Please, listen to your admins. I know it is a big task. Just try to fix this issue and we will all be happy with you and celebrate you more.

You may need someone to handle this task on your behalf. Task him to come up with recommedations and implementation methods. I have seen you ask for users opinions on some pressing issues which I respect you for. This is one you need to act fast on.

Nairaland is becoming a tool for scams. Please, come up with a very good check. And God will give you wisdom to address it. Blessings!

5 Likes

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by jamp: 10:53am On Nov 18, 2017
weldone oga pavore9.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
Simply put all investment scheme on hold or ban & let the mod do their due scrutiny of any they allow on NL
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Twro: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
Rzq4:
well said

I can boldly saying any day anytime, That Gbenga Yusuff (aka Wale Agro) is an incompetent scam and liar. I have intended to do a write up simply to warn people, I guess this is the right time. He has a terrible reputation in Ogbomosho and no track record of successful projects (key word is successful).
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Rzq4: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
Twro:

I can boldly saying any day anytime, That Gbenga Yusuff (aka Wale Agro) is an incompetent scam and liar. I have intended to do a write up simply to warn people, I guess this is the right time. He has a terrible reputation in Ogbomosho and no track record of successful projects (key word is successful).

who is gbenga Yusuf? Oga pls don't quote me again, ok?
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by noeloge82(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
If possible this thread should always be at d top for guidance to avoid falling a victim
"ignorance is not an excuse "
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Taal17: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
fluentinfor:
If this is what the leadership of this Agric section can come up with after the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4162535/mr-gbenga-lesgupnigeria-trying-dupe

...there is fire on the mountain oooooo, and I am beginning to think stagger is justified by advocating for total ban of all investment offers. Come on!

For Christ's sake, this forum is read everywhere. Are you saying this is a good check? And we expect the greenhouse/drip irrigation Israeli contractor, the young Austrian investor, the middle age American or British diplomat, the South Korean/Japanese computer/mobile guru, the middle east diamond/gold/precious stone buyer, etc. to start taking Nigerians serious? And we want our almost "yeye-lised" green passport to start commanding power with this kind of post or check? A dey laugh in Swahili ooooo.

Neither do I think the lawyer you advised them to get is going to check scams on this forum, nor the disclaimer written at the foot of this website will hinder a very good lawyer from making you liable for scams on this forum.

Even twitter listened recently to criticism. They have started removing blue mark verifications. Facebook also addressed the issue of using its website to interfere with the election that brought Mr. Trump on board. And I can continue giving you examples of big websites and social media tools that listened to complains and acted very fast.

I have confidence this Agric section admins can up with a better solution. And if they do, the check can be applied to other sections, most especially to the business and investment sections. Why don't you guys have a real discussion together and map out strategies to go about it. If you need help, ask for it. "Ask, and it shall be given; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be open unto you."

I use this opportunity to talk directly to you the owner, Mr. Seun. Please, listen to your admins. I know it is a big task. Just try to fix this issue and we will all be happy with you and celebrate you more.

You may need someone to handle this task on your behalf. Task him to come up with recommedations and implementation methods. I have seen you ask for users opinions on some pressing issues which I respect you for. This is one you need to act fast on.

Nairaland is becoming a tool for scams. Please, come up with a very good check. And God will give you wisdom to address it. Blessings!
Those examples you gave have a financial incentive to place checks.
Nairaland admins have no such incentives..income goes to the owner.
Pavore9 has done what he can
Buyers Beware
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2017
Taal17:

Those examples you gave have a financial incentive to place checks.
Nairaland admins have no such incentives..income goes to the owner.
Pavore9 has done what he can
Buyers Beware

Is money everything? If you decided to take the job and you were given suggestions on making your job better, wouldnt you do what is right because a huge financial reward is not attached to it?

And i can recollect the same person wrote an advert asking for people to submit resume for a contract he got. So, is that not a financial opportunity for him indirectly? And if he does the job better, will there not be better financial opportunites coming his way? Thanks to this forum and his admin job here. smiley
Read this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4148771/in-depth-practical-knowledge-aquaponics

Finally, you wrote as if you know 100% about the nairaland business and how it is run. Are you saying none of the admins are paid? I suggest you do not just jump into conclusion and make baseless assumptions the owner takes all the profit. There can be admins who volunteer their time and there can be paid ones. Why just conclude irrationally like that. If anyone decides to be a volunteer, it is his/her call. I have volunteered my time too. And I can still do it. I do the job like I am paid. When I do not find it interesting or I do not agree with the leadership, I pull out. Simple.

Until the owner says he is not paying anyone one kobo, I admonish you to stop criticising the owner. Just an advice for you.

Bless you!
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Taal17: 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
fluentinfor:

Is money everything? So, if you decided to take the job and you were given suggestions on making your job better, you wouldnt do what is right because a huge financial reward is not attached to it? Money is not everything.

And i can recollect the same person wrote an advert asking for people to submit resume for a contract he got. So, is that not a financial opportunity for him indirectly? And if he does the job better, will there not be better financial opportunites coming his way?
Read this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4148771/in-depth-practical-knowledge-aquaponics

What the heck is wrong with this generation and making fast money? Why is this generation about money money money money. Serious, this generation needs deliverance from the spirit of money money money.

Sir, let your attitude change towards money.

Finally, you wrote as if you know 100% about the nairaland business and how it is run. Are you saying none of the admins are paid? Do not just jump into conclusion and make baseless assumptions the owner takes all the profit. Stop it. There can be admins who volunteer their time and there can be paid ones. Why just conclude irrationally like that. If anyone decides to be a volunteer, it is his/her call. I have volunteered my time too. And I can still do it. I do the job like I am paid. When I do not find it interesting or I do not agree with the leadership, I pull out. Simple.

Until the owner says he is not paying anyone one kobo, stop criticising the owner recklessly. Just an advice for you.

Bless you!

See who's talking about making assumptions....Kindly read what you wrote.....full of assumptions
NL has a disclaimer, posters are responsible for their posts.
You've said yours so has Pavore9.

1 Like

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by ayinba1(f): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
People should add names, email addresses and monikers of anyone who has defrauded them to this thread. The moderator can only then request the name be removed after the accused is cleared.

The top 2 that come to mind are the alalubosa lady and this lesgupnigeria. Attach a link to the threads so people can see the accusations and the updates

The long epistle at the beginning of the thread is good but a list of accused people who have complaints about them would be a fair and helpful addition. And the thread should be stickied!

People who have money are not foolish to try to go into an investment in the first place with you. You are the one who should be ashamed that you cannot be trusted. Greed is a very bad disease. Don't promise what you cannot deliver! We understand that agriculture is fraught with risks, so is any other business, however timely communication and updates prepare your investor for any outcomes different from the anticipated.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
Taal17:

See who's talking about making assumptions....Kindly read what you wrote.....full of assumptions
NL has a disclaimer, posters are responsible for their posts.
You've said yours so has Pavore9.

Of course, it is about different opinions, and a conclusion will be reached. You have the right to yours too.

Assumptions are made everytime but when it is baseless, that is where the problem lies. Like I wrote earlier, stop making baseless assumptions. Quit it.

Well, you should have read my first post in details concerning the issue of disclaimer. Please, read again and do not rush to make comments. If you have any question, I will answer you and if I feel I do not need to respond, I will not.

I am not attacking you or anyone. All we are doing is to find a solution. Please, I am a result oriented person and I do not engage in online trade of words which distract.

smiley
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by ayinba1(f): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
Thread should be at the top to warn people @Pavore9
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by jidestroud(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Pavore9:
In as much as Agriculture holds so much possibilities and threads coming up offering "investment opportunities", PLEASE for the sake of your mental well-being and avoiding financial loss, don't fall for enticing profit margins being hawked online as most end in disappointment for the ones who dropped the money.

Before you commit financially, make effort to physically meet with whoever is proposing to manage your investment on your behalf and if you can't personally, delegate someone you TRUST. Assess the personality, have the proposed site visited to ascertain the authenticity and feel free to ask questions randomly from locals of the area, demand for verifiable track records of profitability....it is your money and right.

Get a LAWYER involved in the documentation, every scenario should be spelt out such as fire outbreak, theft, destruction by cows, poor yield etc and both parties have a clear idea of who would bear the loss.....this should not be a "leave am for God" issue as no one has the right to play around with your money. Whoever is managing your investment owes you a timeline of how your money is working for you, tales by moonlight should not be tolerated.

For those advertising investment schemes, if you have no core competence nor insurance in place for what you are offering, you are better off gambling with funds raised from family and friends. Greed should not lure you, a good name is better than being known as a scammer. Scammers don't go far in life, no one sins successfully.

Fair, but a little below what I expected though. A lot more could be done.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by showietee: 5:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
The rules should be revisited and amended.

A bit tougher than it was, bringing about less ads.

Also, maybe all related ads should go through the admins but that will not be possible.

main point is that we should be more vigilante.

we actually learn from experience.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 21, 2017
Admins and the owner,

Do not take these advices you are getting lightly. The disclaimer you wrote will not save you from bad reputation. You are relaxed because you do not have a strong competitor. And it is what we are asking for your competitors are going to work on. Boom! You will all become irrelevant if this happens as most of your users will migrate to the new forum.

There are many the "alpha and omega" businesses in the past that failed to listen to public opinion. And it took just one competitor who gave their clients/customers/users what they really wanted to break the monopoly. From record, most of these people who failed to listen ended up in gabbages. No one takes them serious afterward. The way Samsung and Apple rendered Motorola useless in the mobile phones industry baffles me till today. Many users complained to Motorola but they just did not listen. I remember vividly that Motorola and Nokia were the boom of the day in those days. Where is Nokia today? Where is Motorola?

Admins and the owner, what your competitor needs to do is just capitalise on what your users want. Not listening, or not trying to give users what they want is a weakness in you. If you think you are in charge and controlling the situation, you are not. And it is technology they will use. So, what stops you from addressing this now? Find a strategist (business oriented person) to assemble a team to tackle this issue. Do it now.

This will be my last post on this issue of addressing fraudulent investment offers on your website.

Like I wrote in one of my posts, if you "jam" a good lawyer, s(he) will kick your ass even with that disclaimer you have under your forum pages. Let us even view it from another angle. Will your disclaimer save you from making users not to dump you and your forum when they find someone else who listens to them?

Remember DSTV's case in Nigeria. Well, you can go the DSTV way by trying hard to retain your users as DSTV is doing now after the lauch of TSTV, their new competitor. One signal to watch out for is when it gets to filing cases in court, it means that something terrible is happening. Or when press conferences are made, what they do not do before; or tweets to discredit the new competitor, or suddenly trying to improve the quality of their packages because of the arrival of a new competitor, etc. Meaning, power and trust are gradually fading away. Had DSTV listened to the public, they would not have found themselves in this mess they are now. I pray DSTV finds a way to keep even 30% of their current users. But I see DSTV using politics as a way out. Is this what you want to opt for? If you want to confirm this, just conduct a public poll on twitter. You will get to know what I am saying.

Instead of you spend on filing suits against your competitors to retain your users, why don't you listen now. Spend on making possible what your users are asking for.

Like i have written in one of my paragraphs above, this will be my last post on this issue if you decide to be silent. I wish you all best of luck.

Blessings!

Cc: Seun

Admins might decide to unpin this thread so that it naturally sinks to the bottom because they might not like what we posted here. Let us watch and see. grin
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by RealityShot: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
jidestroud:

Fair, but a little below what I expected though. A lot more could be done.
like what?

#Pavore9
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 22, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/4170776/open-field-tomato-planting-south-west#62600557

Hope the above helps you to make better decision. Just few examples how you aid scams and how rules here are contradictory.

Thanks!
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
fluentinfor:
https://www.nairaland.com/4170776/open-field-tomato-planting-south-west#62600557

Hope the above helps you to make better decision. Just few examples how you aid scams and how rules here are contradictory.

Thanks!

Dear Mr. Seun,

I want to believe you did not instruct your guys to delete the post which this link leads to sir. If you do, kindly instruct them to delete this too so you can perfect your work of cover up. But remember, screenshots can easily be taking as evidences. And when it results to banning and suspension of users accounts to cover up, stories can be constructed logically with evidences, and presented perfectly on a different platform. No need to use only your forum as other websites can do the work very well. And it can make front page of many websites, and that is it. Will you be able to start deleting truths on other websites? I advice you again: Try to address this issue NOW and write a statement on how to address it. Curb this internally before it moves to other websites you cannot control. Because when it starts, you may not imagine how far it will go. If someone who is ready to protect the image of Nigeria handles this, you will not like it at all. You know deep inside what was posted and deleted there is the truth. 100% truth. Stop covering it. And if your admin deleted it without you knowing, something is wrong. You better find the admin who is doing you no good by deleting that post.

I suggest you tell your admin to show you the content of the post if you are not aware of it. Covering up is not the best. What we are telling you is: Nairaland is a tool which is suppose to portray us well. Do not let it bastardize our image more. Foreigners meet scams on your forum. It is too much. Ha ba!

Ask for the content. And if you know about it, just delete this too. Lol.

Finally, let us see you and your team as a good example of Nigeria. It seems everything in Nigeria is about covering up the truth and preventing the truth from coming out. Why blame our leaders in Aso Rock? Are you not doing the same here? The admin who deleted this post on that thread is just exactly like those who cover truths. Just same. Can you stop the truth from coming out eventually?

I pray it is not too late for you to listen to the voice of your users. If you decide not to listen, well I wish you the best.

Still remember, other platforms are there to make sure you are forced to prevent scams on your forum. And that might be too harsh and it will affect your business and your reputation badly. We do not want that for you sir. Personally, i am ashamed of Nigeria known as a nation scams come from. Everytime, I pull out my green passport and i am looked down on, i feel pained.

@Domimique, I thought you wrote we should tag you on threads and post which have emails and telephone numbers, and that you will take action. Have you taking action against the agric admin who did exaclty opposite of what you posted? Don't you see they acted against rule 22 of nairaland as proved in the post? Why the deletion of that post? Or are you the one who deleted it? If you do not understand, ask the agric admin what is going on. If they cannot answer you, ask Mr. Seun.

Screenshots can be taking. New Threads can be opened. Other platforms you have zero control over can publish all evidences. Front pages will gladly reserve spaces for such story. You better address the issue fast.

Perhaps, you will be delighted to read on the front pages of Punch, Vanguard, Tribune, Lindaikeji, Instablog, Naij, etc. the following headline:

Nairaland.com, an online tool for scams in Nigeria.

Blessings!

Cc: Seun
Cc: pavore9
Cc: farmtech
Cc: dominique
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
What is going on here
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
What is going on here

People are wondering why we are asking admins and the owner to address scammings on this website and some feel that they have done enough to address the issue. Also, other people feel it is solely the responsibility of users to be extra careful but that link I pointed to, i addressed some areas using about 2 rules of nairaland and posted links to threads where agric admins: pavore9 and farmtech contradicted the admin of investment: dominique. They all contradict one another and thereby the rules made were rendered useless. They are guilty of the rules they made. And thereby promoting scams.

I thought these men/lady will act honorably and address the issues but what they did was to delete the post. Little did they know that they are dealing with someone who is also equal to the task. They covered up their own mess by deleting the post.

Click on the link and see for yourself. It is gone. Totally erased. Why?

What I need them do is to address the issue well instead of covering up. Right now, evidences are beginning to be gathered.

We are not after pulling down anyone. But if it means telling you roughly and harshly to give us good image, we will do it. Enough of giving us bad names. Bring out rules that will discourage scams. These admins on this forum are fond of shuting users down when they are told the truth. They feel they can just delete any post that brings out their mess.

Just be observing and please make comments while the drama unfolds the truth.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
This is the picture of the place they deleted the post. The post addressed many issues which show how they are all contradicting themselves and thereby encouraging scams.

Let us see if they will start deleting these posts too because they do not like the truth.

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by saliubello(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
fluentinfor:
This is the picture of the place they deleted the post. The post addressed many issues which show how they are all contradicting themselves and thereby encouraging scams.

Let us see if they will start deleting these posts too because they do not like the truth.
do you know you could delete all posts on this thread? Stop accusing the admin,mod and super mod of a crime they know nothing about. I'm sure they have nothing to do with the deletion. Someone who has a contrary opinion to yours or hate your submissions might have influenced the deletion.

But let's be clear that super mod has the right or power to restore any posts that has been reported to violate any of the Naira land rules.

I think this should clear your grievances with the mods and super mods
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
saliubello:
do you know you could delete all posts on this thread? Stop accusing the admin,mod and super mod of a crime they know nothing about. I'm sure they have nothing to do with the deletion. Someone who has a contrary opinion to yours or hate your submissions might have influenced the deletion.

But let's be clear that super mod has the right or power to restore any posts that has been reported to violate any of the Naira land rules.

I think this should clear your grievances with the mods and super mods

Only you can teach me how I can single handedly delete all posts. grin

What you should first do is to ask for the deleted content before concluding. I am sure you have not read the content. So, how you concluded I have any grievance with any mod or super mod is still a mystery. I was even using admin. Lol. I do not even know they are called mods and super mods. grin

Anyway, for someone like you who thinks I am hating on anyone, I will try my best to write again a similar post to the deleted one and I will put a link here again. So, come back and tell me if I am hating on anyone. At times, we need to apply maturity in everything we do.

Just attacking me like this is somehow. How would you feel if at the end you attacked me unreasonably. You did not read the post because it was deleted, yet you are too fast to attack me. SMH.

Instead of attacking you, I will just ignore you and go about my business professionally. I understand the importance of good image.

Bro, bless you.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by saliubello(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
watch below while I clear your doubts
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by saliubello(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Reply and Quote this comment for the testing and let's see the tsunami wipe them out.. wink grin grin
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by saliubello(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Your post

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by saliubello(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
Here is the post before yours. look up to see its position

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feedmill Formulation For Sale / Harvesting Rabbit Urine For Fertilizer. / Farmland At 5k Per Acre 50mins From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.