Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Before Financially Commiting.... - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Before Financially Commiting.... (2915 Views)

This Is The Reason Farmer Struggle Financially? / Be Financially Independent With Any Thing You Have Through Garri Trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by saliubello(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
You see the angle I'm seeing and you are possibly not looking at. So you see I'm not attacking you in any way. Meanwhile. Try and reply my pm
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by ayinba1(f): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
@saliubello

We can still see fluentifor's posts.

1 Like

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
ayinba1:
@saliubello

We can still see fluentifor's posts.

He is the only one who understands his paparazi. Well, like I said, it is more profitable to have patience and be thorough before making accusations.

I will find time to write a similar post to the one I said was deleted. The post pointed out. a sensitive area, and I made references to many other threads and posts to drive home my point.

I did not just post it. Something I observed in the thread prompted me to do it. I copied all the concerned people. They all got it. I copied them.

In the post, I did not attack anyone. All i did was to drive home my point respectfully but they deleted it.

Do i have the power to delete my own post and remove every trace of it? Of course not. Only the mods and super mods do such. This time I am not using admin. I got it right now. Lol. Ok...mods and not admins.

I advise my guy not to derail this conversation and just relax and observe.

I will re-post again later this evening by God's grace.
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
I have decided to make this post another advice instead of slamming anyone. I do not have the intention of attacking anyone because I do not have any issue with anyone here. Infact, I do not cross my boundary and I have never been banned. It took me so long to open an account on this forum and I did not join to criticize anyone but to contribute to the development of Nigeria. To share my views and thoughts, and to learn from others.

BACKGROUND STORY:
Someone claimed to be scammed on this forum and so many claims and counter-claims followed. This led to another person to start advocating for total ban of all investments, and I started checking many threads to see what is going on. After deligent scrutinity, I spotted some flaws. I voiced my opinion and they are still on this thread. Again, here is the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/4162535/mr-gbenga-lesgupnigeria-trying-dupe

MAIN STORY:
You can read some of the recommendations we made. Well, I do not expect mods to take my suggestions but at least they should show us some serious actions to curb scams on nairaland. But what did we get? This thread we are in presently was opened by one of the Agric section mods and I quickly voiced out my opinion that this is not enough. OK, it seemed like we are speaking in tongues, or perhaps, we are speaking in Hebrew. So, I waited for an opportunity for me to show them one of the flaws they should correct.

THE FLAW

What is this flaw?

I had posted this:

https://www.nairaland.com/4170776/open-field-tomato-planting-south-west#62545746 which is a reply to a question asked me directly by the owner. So, Mr. Seun can never deny it that he doesnt know what I am talking about here, and it is the reason I stood on my ground on it. Now, after that response to his question which was totally not what we are discussing here, I noticed that two people posted below it. Might be they wanted to ask more personal questions, and they posted their emails and telephone numbers that I should get in touch with them. I ignored the posts that evening since I expected them to use the normal email button if they truly want to contact me.

The following morning. An admin had quickly deleted the posts. Gbam! This was the real example to drive home one of my points i was looking for and they served into my hands. While it is not wrong for them to delete the posts because of one of their rules; however, there is a major issue attached to it. In fact, I think they were right to delete the posts going by the rules but there is still a deeper issue they do not know I have spotted. People who can think deep and are very observant must have seen what I am going to write about. You will all be shocked to see real contradictions in this nairaland.

Let us look at Rule 22 of nairaland and I quote:

"Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments."

I went further to give this link of one of the threads of mods in the investment section:

https://www.nairaland.com/3096404/dont-post-email-address-phone

Yes, the above thread looks good. Bravo! She followed rule 22. Nice one! Then, I asked what some threads are still doing. Note, some of the threads I posted the links (from romance, agric and i think business sections) have been deleted, but I will still give one example cos there are so many:

https://www.nairaland.com/3992418/join-nigerian-entrepreneurs-whatsapp-group

I asked if these threads are not contradictory to rule 22?

While we might say it may be hard to remove all these threads which I agree with, I pointed a thread pinned at the top of the agric section. Here is the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/2222332/nairaland-farmers-contact-details

So, I pointed out that Agric mods or super mods have pinned this at the top of the section for over one year now. There is an intent for it to be pinned there. It means it is an important thread. This intent has disqualified the disclaimer at the bottom of the nairaland page and I quote the disclaimer again:

"Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland."

How? You pinned a thread which signifies its importance. In the same thread unwanted posts are deleted. So, there is a signal that this thread is well guarded and there is an intent that you deliberately want users to see the posted telephone numbers and emails of farmers. The question is that have you verified these farmers? Are there no scammers there? This might be misunderstood by users as verified farmers on nairaland. This is what your intent might tell me as a user. So, if the mods deliberately pinned the thread so I can see the contacts of farmers there and one of them scammed me, do they think their disclaimer holds ground?

Also, I asked why the mod of investment and the mods of Agric pinned two contradictory threads. The former rejects posting contacts while the latter embrace it. In this same nairaland community which is a forum with its own rules. Lol. Is this not a flaw? And many flaws like this on nairaland. It is like Agric mods embrace scammers posting their contacts on this thread unknowingly.

Thenafter, I copied dominique, the investment mod; Seun, the owner; pavore9 and farmtech, the agric mods. And i believe i did it politely without attacking anyone of them.

Did I derail the thread? I do not think so because what I made comments about is in the thread. Where will I post it if not in the thread to drive home my point? And did I make complain about any mod in the post? Of course not, I only pointed out how both the investment mod and the agric mods contradict each other. In addition, I let them know that they always ignore replying complains. Even you write them, they always give silent treatment when it comes to complain, so the better way is to address it there. And so as not to attract too much attention, I decided not to create a new thread to address the issue.

Instead of them to address the issues, they quickly deleted the post. Who deleted it? I am sure Mr. Seun cannot say he is not aware of it. And he cannot say he is not aware of the scams we have been talking about in the agric section because I always copy him. It is just unfortunate that he decided to remain silent and to crown it, they decided to delete that post.

I am going to stop here so that it does not look like I am attacking them but what I request them do is to curb scams on nairaland. Obviously, they need real help and they should be humble to ask for it. They should consult someone who can map out a good strategy to curb scams on this forum. While I realise that it may not be possible to eradicate investment offers, I believe they can still do more by protecting users on this website. By pinning addresses of farmers at the top of the Agricultural section, are they saying they are verified contacts in the thread? Why is it important they want users to see the thread first. There is definitely an intent attached to it. That intent might nullify the disclaimer they feel is protectimg them.

This is just one flaw, and there might be many more. I pray they listen this time to properly address the issue.

PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE US:

To Dominique.
Dear Madam, you wrote in your post we should report any thread from any section which contradicts rule 22 of nairaland. Madam, I found the following thread pinned by mods in agric section as an exact example of such posts and threads you asked for. And it has been pinned at the top of Agricultural sections for over 1 year. Here is the link again ma:

https://www.nairaland.com/2222332/nairaland-farmers-contact-details

Madam, we request you to do justice to this thread. Is it an exception from what you asked us to point your attention to? Or is it not contradictory to rule 22?

Dear Mr. Seun,
I humbly write this mail that you should kindly address these issues. We are confused. I believe you are aware of rule 22 of nairaland sir. Also, I am sure you have seen the pinned thread in the Agricultural section. By over looking it and allowing it there, don't you think it contradicts rule 22 which most likely you are among the individuals who drafted the nairaland rules? Or are you saying that you have not come across this thread despite your obvious presence in the Agricultural section?

By over looking it, do you still think your disclaimer holds ground? And by allowing it pinned, don't you agree you actually intentionally or unintentionally expose users to scammers contacts, except you can prove beyond reasonanle doubt otherwise. I think you have not just exposed users but you have aided scams with this.

Please, do not look at this as a direct attack. I have written previous posts which I specifically wrote that a good attorney will give you tough time in the court of law, and might be succesful to prove that your disclaimer does not hold any ground. But you have continuously turned blind eyes to this issue with an outstanding silent treatment. What else do you want us to do other than call you out, or force you to continue giving us a good name you intend doing instead of allowing scammers to make nairaland their headquaters?

Sir, we need nairaland to be a community the likes of CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, Washington Post, New York Times etc., will turn to and advice their readers to use. I have spoken about how your travel section mods are doing wonderful job to the extend that some United consular officers have opened thread on this forum. For the benefits of users, here are some of the links:

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s/85

Your mods in the travel sections are doing great. Look at the US, UK, Canada, Australia visa threads with super hyper traffic; yet, these guys are doing great job.

Sir, I am not attacking you; rather, drawing your attention to a way nairaland has been promoting scams unknowingly. Am I advocating for total ban of investments on your website? NO. Am I advocating for users not to get their contacts across to other users via your forum? NO. Only you and your team members know your vision. And I will be wrong to start telling exactly what you must do. My own is whatever you choose to do, minimize contradictions while your mods are going about their tasks. Also, it is time you find a lasting solution to curb scams.

In my deleted post, I pointed your attention again to rule 16 and I quote:

" Don't promote shady investments like betting, HYIP, MLM, FOREX, binary options, and cryptocurrencies on Nairaland. "

This rule above, I do not understand how it is well applied in your forum. Does this rule imply investments in such category are banned? It is confusing because there are many threads like this in this nairaland.

It will do you real good not to ignore this post but to address all issues raised in this thread so we can know your stand and to educate us better. May be it will be a smart move you respond to this post.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Seun(m): 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
Dominique, what is going on here?
Re: Before Financially Commiting.... by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 25, 2017
Seun, I just want to mention that I appreciate the short email you sent me and your prompt action. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Feedmill Formulation For Sale / Charcoal Briquettes(cheaper And Effective) / Who Can Supply Us Sheanuts. Specify Ur Price Per Tonne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.