Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill (6089 Views)

Obama Signs Bill To Grant Nigerian Residency / Obama Signs Bill To Grant Nigerian Residency / Constitutionality Of Parts Of The Healthcare Reform Questioned By The Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by naijacann: 4:01am On Mar 25, 2010
PLEASE READ

I REALLY PITY THE U.S. THEY THINK THAT THE CANADIAN AND EUROPEAN SYSTEM IS THE BEST, WELL, WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROCEDURE THAT WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO STAY ON WAIT LIST. YOU COULD EVEN DIE HERE IN CANADA WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR TREATMENT TIME.
I REALLY PITY U.S. THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME IN HISTORY WHEN A MAJOR PIECE OF LEGISLATION WOULD BE PASSED ON A PURELY PARTY LINE VOTE.
I'M PERSONALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH OBAMA FOR ALLOWING THE BUYING OF VOTES AND BRIBERY THAT TOOK PLACE. ITS A BIG SHAME HE PRESIDED OVER THIS JOKE CALLED A HEALTH CARE BILL. THE COVERAGE DOES NOT EVEN BEGIN UNTIL 2014 AND BY 2019, 25 MILLION PPLE WOULD STILL BE UNCOVERED.
AMERICA HAS THE BEST HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD ANY TIME ANY DAY. HOW CAN YOU INCREASE TAXES IN A PERIOD OF RECESSION, OR CUT SENIOR'S CARE BY 500B DOLLARS AND STILL THINK YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT  SIDE.

GUYS, I PREDICT IN THE NEXT 5 YRS, AMERICA WILL JUST BE LIKE EUROPE AND CANADA AND WOULDN'T HAVE ANY SPECIAL ATTRACTION AGAIN . WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CROSS OVER THE BORDER AGAIN FROM HERE IN CANADA TO BUY STUFFS AGAIN IN THE US AS THEY BE JUST AS EXPENSIVE.
REMEMBER , IN UK, THEIR SALES TAX IS 17%; IN TORONTO CANADA, IT IS 12% BUT IN A PLACE LIKE MARYLAND, IT IS 5%. THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF AMERICA WHERE U CAN GO IN AND BUY STUFFS EASILY AND CHEAPER. I'M AFRAID THAT PERIOD IS COMING TO AN END.

ONE MORE THING, TO HELL WITH CNN AND MSNBC. THEY ARE TOO LEFT WING AND LIBERAL IN THEIR PROGRAMS. I'VE VOWED NEVER TO SWITCH MY TV TO ANY OF THESE TWO CHANNELS AGAIN. THEY'RE JUST SUCKING UP TO OBAMA JUST LIKE BILL O REILLY IN FOX NEWS IS DOING THESE DAYS AND IT IS BEGINING TO AFFECT HIS RATINGS.

HOW CAN YOU FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY HEALTH CARE AND THEN USE THE TAX BODY IRS TO GO AFTER THEM IF THEY DON'T BUY INSURANCE? ITS JUST LIKE FORCING PEOPLE TO DRIVE A CAR IF THEY DON'T WANNA DRIVE OR TO USE THE BUS SYSTEM WHEN THEY ACTUALLY PREFERRED TO WORK. DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP ABOUT THE COST THAT THE UNINSURED PUTS ON THE SYSTEM ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY APPEAR AT THE EMERGENCY; AFTER ALL, CANADA HAS A HIGHER EMERGENCY ROOM PATRONAGE THAN THE STATES IN SPITE OF OUR SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM.

SOME OF YOU TALKED OF COST AND THE AMOUNT THE US SPENDS IN HEALTH CARE. ABSOLUTELY. THIS IS BECAUSE AMERICA HAS THE LARGEST WELFARE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD. IN FACT, ANY BODY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS COULD WALK INTO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND BE TREATED WITHOUT QUESTIONS ASKED. WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD IS IT LIKE THAT? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT BETTER TO DEAL WITH THE COST PROBLEM AND CAUSES OF SKYROCKETING COSTS LIKE JUNK LAW SUITES AND LACK OF COMPETITION AMONG INSURANCE COMPANIES. ALLOW INSURANCE COMPANIES TO COMPETE ACROSS STATE LINES AND LETS SEE IF THE COST WOULDN'T COME DOWN. MAJORITY OF THOSE WITHOUT HEALTH CARE ARE THOSE WHO ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 35 WHO FEELS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY NEED FOR IT. WHY WOULD YOU FORCE THEM AND THEN TAX THEM HIGH IF THEY DECIDE NOT TO HAVE HEALTH CARE? OF WHAT BUSINESS OF YOURS IS IT? THIS IS SO UNAMERICAN.

I'VE REALLY SAT DOWN TO LISTEN TO BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT AND I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE CONSERVATIVES IDEA IS JUST A COMMON SENSE AND LESS COSTLY SOLUTION. WITH THIS MONSTROSITY OF A BILL JUST PASSED INTO LAW, AMERICA IS JUST ON A HIGH ROAD TO BANKRUPTCY.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 25, 2010

Hurled bricks, threats surround health overhaul

Unrest over sweeping federal health care legislation has turned to vandalism and threats, with bricks hurled through Democrats' windows, a propane line cut at the home of a congressman's brother and menacing phone messages left for lawmakers who supported the bill.

The FBI is investigating the instances, which include shattered windows at four Democratic offices in New York, Arizona and Kansas. At least 10 members of Congress have reported some sort of threat as of Wednesday, and no arrests have been made.

The brick flung through the window of a county Democratic Party office in Rochester, N.Y., over the weekend had a note attached: "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice," roughly quoting 1964 Republican presidential nominee Barry Goldwater.

A New York congresswoman whose office window also was smashed with a brick accused the Republican leadership of failing to denounce attacks against lawmakers who supported the legislation. The vandalism was at Democratic Rep. Louise Slaughter's district office in Niagara Falls early Friday, two days before the House passed the health care overhaul bill.

The vandalism and threats surprised a researcher at a think tank that monitors extremist groups.

"I think it is astounding that we are seeing this wave of vigilantism," said Mark Potok of the Alabama-based Southern Poverty Law Center.

"This is what neo Nazi leaders in America do today," Potok said. "They post personal information about their enemies and sit back and wait for somebody else to act."

Lyndsay Stauble, executive director of the Sedgwick County Democratic Party in Wichita, Kan., said a brick was hurled through the party's storefront plate glass window late Friday or early Saturday, landing in her office and gouging her wooden desk.

She said that written in marker on the brick were the slogans, "No to Obama" and "No Obamycare."

"The tone is not surprising, but the aggressiveness is," Stauble said Wednesday. "I'm not shocked that people are not reacting well to a large piece of legislation passed by a president that they don't like."

In Tucson, Ariz., someone either kicked in or shot out a glass door and a side window at the congressional office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords early Monday, a few hours after the House health care vote. Giffords voted for the bill.

Giffords' press secretary C.J. Karamargin in Tucson said the vandalism left the local congressional staff shaken and worried.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100325/ap_on_re_us/us_health_care_threats/print
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 25, 2010
This is what neo Nazi leaders in America do today," Potok said. "They post personal information about their enemies and sit back and wait for somebody else to act."

hmm- i thought this was a nairaland thing.

wide network with branches everywhere, i guess.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by sley4life(m): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2010
there is more to this.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by RichyBlacK(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2010
I truly don't like this bill because the reforms did not go far enough.

A reform without public option is not much of a reform.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by TayoD1(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
@agathamari,

the biggest improvement on healthcare thanx to this bill is no more pre existing conditions. those in the us know exactly what i mean
Question. What do you think will happen if new legislation forces other insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions? Imagine if I go to buy life insurance for my dead grandma after the fact? What do you think the economic response will be if anyone can go by car insurance after they have had an accident? Prices are going up, up and up! This is an economic reality that has eluded Dems and those who support them.

Biden said this Bill was a f**king deal. He is right. We have all been f**ked!!! cry
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by TayoD1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
Double posts
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
tpia.:

typing from toronto, unless you're lying.

haha.  I don't get it.  I'm wishing my country well. . . is there something wrong with that? 
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^ is toronto now part of the USA or is there something else we need to know about your location.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
I swear u're confusing the hell outta me. Toronto is a city in Canada. What are you getting at?
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by montelik(m): 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
Tayo-D:

@agathamari,
Question.  What do you think will happen if new legislation forces other insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions?  Imagine if I go to buy life insurance for my dead grandma after the fact?  What do you think the economic response will be if anyone can go by car insurance after they have had an accident? Prices are going up, up and up!  This is an economic reality that has eluded Dems and those who support them.

Biden said this Bill was a f**king deal.  He is right.  We have all been f**ked!!!  cry
Of course premiums will go up. They won't skyrocket, but they will continue to creep upward. This is the reason why so many wanted the public option. Insurance is a risk pool exercise. The Democrats know it, but they also know that the public is not ready for a public option and they also probably didn't have the "ammo" to move a public option through congress. They only just barely got this incomplete bill through. Trust me the public option will soon be resurrected once the provisions of this bill are fully in effect. Hopefully the money will be there to pay for it when that time comes.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
Krayola:

I swear u're confusing the hell outta me. Toronto is a city in Canada. What are you getting at?

my point is you support the bill but you dont even live in the US, if we're to believe what you typed as your location- ie toronto.

so how exactly does the bill affect you?
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by JeSoul(f): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
Tayo-D:

@agathamari,
Question. What do you think will happen if new legislation forces other insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions? Imagine if I go to buy life insurance for my dead grandma after the fact? What do you think the economic response will be if anyone can go by car insurance after they have had an accident? Prices are going up, up and up! This is an economic reality that has eluded Dems and those who support them.

Biden said this Bill was a f**king deal. He is right. We have all been f**ked!!! cry
Tayo, the counter argument to that - and I think its a very valid one - is that premiums are going up anyways. I don't recall exactly but I think it was detroit where the avg premium was expected to rise 70% this yr alone. Here in Mass it was estimated to rise about 30-40%.

I think democrats have a strong argument in that regards. Its not like we have control over prices and costs now, they've been rising steadily every year. What remains to be seen is whether or not this bill will slow the pace or increase it.

See as all these bullies are harassing Platinumnk. True she may not have communicated some of her arguements well but anyone who's been paying attention to the national debate should know what she's objecting to and why. Anyone claiming the opposition does not have valid arguments against HC reform is simply drinking too much obama kool aid.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
tpia.:

my point is you support the bill but you dont even live in the US, if we're to believe what you typed as your location- ie toronto.

so how exactly does the bill affect you?

haha. The bill does not affect me directly but I don't see how that affects whether or not I should have an opinion about it.

I live in a country that has a universal health care policy and I think it's great. I would love my siblings and their families that live south of the border to have the same.

Should we only have or express opinions about things that impact us?
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
^^ in this instance, yes.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2010
haha. Ok. I won't do it again. grin
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by alicianna(f): 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
naijacann:

PLEASE READ

I REALLY PITY THE U.S. THEY THINK THAT THE CANADIAN AND EUROPEAN SYSTEM IS THE BEST, WELL, WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROCEDURE THAT WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO STAY ON WAIT LIST. YOU COULD EVEN DIE HERE IN CANADA WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR TREATMENT TIME.
I REALLY PITY U.S. THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME IN HISTORY WHEN A MAJOR PIECE OF LEGISLATION WOULD BE PASSED ON A PURELY PARTY LINE VOTE.
I'M PERSONALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH OBAMA FOR ALLOWING THE BUYING OF VOTES AND BRIBERY THAT TOOK PLACE. ITS A BIG SHAME HE PRESIDED OVER THIS JOKE CALLED A HEALTH CARE BILL. THE COVERAGE DOES NOT EVEN BEGIN UNTIL 2014 AND BY 2019, 25 MILLION PPLE WOULD STILL BE UNCOVERED.
AMERICA HAS THE BEST HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD ANY TIME ANY DAY. HOW CAN YOU INCREASE TAXES IN A PERIOD OF RECESSION, OR CUT SENIOR'S CARE BY 500B DOLLARS AND STILL THINK YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT SIDE.

GUYS, I PREDICT IN THE NEXT 5 YRS, AMERICA WILL JUST BE LIKE EUROPE AND CANADA AND WOULDN'T HAVE ANY SPECIAL ATTRACTION AGAIN . WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CROSS OVER THE BORDER AGAIN FROM HERE IN CANADA TO BUY STUFFS AGAIN IN THE US AS THEY BE JUST AS EXPENSIVE.
REMEMBER , IN UK, THEIR SALES TAX IS 17%; IN TORONTO CANADA, IT IS 12% BUT IN A PLACE LIKE MARYLAND, IT IS 5%. THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF AMERICA WHERE U CAN GO IN AND BUY STUFFS EASILY AND CHEAPER. I'M AFRAID THAT PERIOD IS COMING TO AN END.

ONE MORE THING, TO HELL WITH CNN AND MSNBC. THEY ARE TOO LEFT WING AND LIBERAL IN THEIR PROGRAMS. I'VE VOWED NEVER TO SWITCH MY TV TO ANY OF THESE TWO CHANNELS AGAIN. THEY'RE JUST SUCKING UP TO OBAMA JUST LIKE BILL O REILLY IN FOX NEWS IS DOING THESE DAYS AND IT IS BEGINING TO AFFECT HIS RATINGS.

HOW CAN YOU FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY HEALTH CARE AND THEN USE THE TAX BODY IRS TO GO AFTER THEM IF THEY DON'T BUY INSURANCE? ITS JUST LIKE FORCING PEOPLE TO DRIVE A CAR IF THEY DON'T WANNA DRIVE OR TO USE THE BUS SYSTEM WHEN THEY ACTUALLY PREFERRED TO WORK. DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP ABOUT THE COST THAT THE UNINSURED PUTS ON THE SYSTEM ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY APPEAR AT THE EMERGENCY; AFTER ALL, CANADA HAS A HIGHER EMERGENCY ROOM PATRONAGE THAN THE STATES IN SPITE OF OUR SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM.

SOME OF YOU TALKED OF COST AND THE AMOUNT THE US SPENDS IN HEALTH CARE. ABSOLUTELY. THIS IS BECAUSE AMERICA HAS THE LARGEST WELFARE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD. IN FACT, ANY BODY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS COULD WALK INTO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND BE TREATED WITHOUT QUESTIONS ASKED. WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD IS IT LIKE THAT? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT BETTER TO DEAL WITH THE COST PROBLEM AND CAUSES OF SKYROCKETING COSTS LIKE JUNK LAW SUITES AND LACK OF COMPETITION AMONG INSURANCE COMPANIES. ALLOW INSURANCE COMPANIES TO COMPETE ACROSS STATE LINES AND LETS SEE IF THE COST WOULDN'T COME DOWN. MAJORITY OF THOSE WITHOUT HEALTH CARE ARE THOSE WHO ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 35 WHO FEELS THEY DON'T HAVE ANY NEED FOR IT. WHY WOULD YOU FORCE THEM AND THEN TAX THEM HIGH IF THEY DECIDE NOT TO HAVE HEALTH CARE? OF WHAT BUSINESS OF YOURS IS IT? THIS IS SO UNAMERICAN.

I'VE REALLY SAT DOWN TO LISTEN TO BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT AND I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE CONSERVATIVES IDEA IS JUST A COMMON SENSE AND LESS COSTLY SOLUTION. WITH THIS MONSTROSITY OF A BILL JUST PASSED INTO LAW, AMERICA IS JUST ON A HIGH ROAD TO BANKRUPTCY.

How can you say America has the best health care coverage in the world, when the vast magority of people have no coverage? Especially during the recession when people lost their jobs. For most, they couldnt even afford to keep their coverage.

Fact: In the U.S , if you're an illegal immigrant and you have no money, you CANNOT just walk into the emergency room and get treatment.
Fact: In Canada, if you're an illegal immigrant, with or without money, YOU CAN.

Another fact you seem to forget is that in Canada, we have it all. Read up on my last post. If you've got the money and you dont want to wait, there are places for you to go and be seen right away. I think that it's great that atleast with or without a job we get aleast the basic coverage in health care and yes it is true that we pay for it through taxes but so what? Nothing is free in life.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
Fact: In the U.S , if you're an illegal immigrant and you have no money, you CANNOT just walk into the emergency room and get treatment

not true, unless you have evidence they changed the laws.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by JeSoul(f): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
tpia.:

not true, unless you have evidence they changed the laws.
I was just about to un-fact that. lol.

alicianna:

How can you say America has the best health care coverage in the world, when the vast magority of people have no coverage? Especially during the recession when people lost their jobs. For most, they couldnt even afford to keep their coverage.

Fact: In the U.S , if you're an illegal immigrant and you have no money, you CANNOT just walk into the emergency room and get treatment.
Fact: In Canada, if you're an illegal immigrant, with or without money, YOU CAN.

Another fact you seem to forget is that in Canada, we have it all. Read up on my last post. If you've got the money and you dont want to wait, there are places for you to go and be seen right away. I think that it's great that atleast with or without a job we get aleast the basic coverage in health care and yes it is true that we pay for it through taxes but so what? Nothing is free in life.
I like summary of points you made in your first post, gives a good overall look at the Canadian system. Just a few comments on your entry above.

alicianna:

How can you say America has the best health care coverage in the world, when the[b] vast magority of people have no coverage[/b]? Especially during the recession when people lost their jobs. For most, they couldnt even afford to keep their coverage.
Uhm vast majority? America has 300 million people. The HC bill made provisions to include the 30-35 million of Americans who couldn't afford. 30million out of 300 million, that is hardly a "vast majority".

Very very wrong. Illegal immigrants can walk into practically most ERs and get treatment. Additionally illegals can take part and receive many govt. programs. This is part of the reason California is going broke, they have so many illegals putting the strain on the system. Please google this.

This may be easy for Canada to afford, why? because Canada has what? 50,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens? that does not make up a sizeable portion of the population.

Now contrast that with 20 million est illegal aliens in America. Now you see why its not so easy to be generous and include them for free in the HC bill.

Well there are certainly tremendous benefits to that system, no lie. The one thing people are forgetting is that Canada is not America - geographically, economically, traditionally and esp population-wise etc. You cannot take one model, superimpose it on a much larger scale and expect it to reproduce the same results.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by alicianna(f): 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
JeSoul:

Well there are certainly tremendous benefits to that system, no lie. The one thing people are forgetting is that Canada is not America - geographically, economically, traditionally and esp population-wise etc. You cannot take one model, superimpose it on a much larger scale and expect it to reproduce the same results.

Well said. smiley
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Busybody2(f): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
alicianna:

Exactimento cheesy Dunno where that poster got the total crapola from undecided Spewing utter tosh as if it was the public  free for option legislation that was allowed undecided

Tayo-D:

@agathamari,

Hello bone of my bone kiss Where the hell have ya been, spent the whole winter without my favourite blanket angry but thank God for this bill ehn cheesy

This new legislation is good because, before, you pay health insurance for years only for you to need to make a claim and have these unscrupulous insurance companies start backtracking and investigating in order to wriggle out of paying and start telling you they cannot pay out because you did not tell them you had any pre-existing medical condition before, but now they can no longer hide under that, i should know . . . You should know, too, that this is the same way loads of car insurance companies try to avoid paying too wink  

@ Platinumnk

Forcing everyone who can afford to have health insurance to take one out, and the 30 million who can't, to be subsidised, can only mean one thing for the Doctors, MORE CUSTOMERS TO TREAT AND THEREBY MORE MONEY IN THEIR POCKET wink wink wink  AND THAT IS A GOOD THING smiley
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by JeSoul(f): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
alicianna quick question about the Canadian system as you're the resident expert here smiley

alicianna:

In Canada there is alot of gray areas between the 1) Public (ak.a health insurance),  2 Private,  3 Privatly run clinics and  4 For- Profit- Clinics.

There is a cap only on what can be charged for the services, so this means that the G.P ( general practitioner) & Specialist has to charge the same amout that is covered under the public health sector.
I'll try to explain the different areas :

Public - is everything that the government covers.

Private - is everything the government doesnt cover, examples- ambulance, dental e.t.c So this will come out of your pocket unless you have private insurance. e.g  Great West Life, Sunlife e.tc
  So does this mean in essence you have 2 insurance policies? one public that covers the basic stuff, one private if you want to buy at extra cost that covers everything else?

Privately -run Clinics - Same as the above (everything the govt doesnt cover)   Same rules and services apply as the public , so this means that just because you have the money doesnt mean that you'll skip waiting times  grin grin grin  Actually to be seen, you'll have to have a doctor's referral. Most of these clinics have a contract with the government- meaning they are paid by the govt, the difference The equipments/ machineries are not funded by the govt.  Yet they say these clinics are "for profit clinic"  Confused yet   I know I am. undecided
 So does this simply mean that this classification of clinics are "nicer", better location/access, have better doctors, better equipment etc? cos not all hospitals are made equal.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2010
Tayo-D:

@agathamari,

I dont blame you. Thank God your kids werent born with health problems. You folks disgust me with your selfish responses.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Busybody2(f): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
davidylan:

I dont blame you. Thank God your kids werent born with health problems. You folks disgust me with your selfish responses.

Come here I can joke with anything. but thats my future virile baby Daddy you are talking about right there, and as far as sex and copulation is concerned, he is still a virgin and a spring chicken so . . . angry angry angry Or wait, come, are you trying to tell me something else, that my Hubby is playing away and has been scoring tongue cry cry cry
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2010
Busy_body:

Come here I can joke with anything. but thats my future virile baby Daddy you are talking about right there, and as far as intimacy and copulation is concerned, he is still a virgin and a spring chicken so . . . angry angry angry Or wait, come, are you trying to tell me something else, that my Hubby is playing away and has been scoring tongue cry cry cry

lol he is even winning via the away goals rule. Too late on this one.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2010
This Obama guy seems evidently fantastic! So organized

Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by alicianna(f): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2010
JeSoul:

alicianna quick question about the Canadian system as you're the resident expert here smiley
So does this mean in essence you have 2 insurance policies? one public that covers the basic stuff, one private if you want to buy at extra cost that covers everything else?

So does this simply mean that this classification of clinics are "nicer", better location/access, have better doctors, better equipment etc? cos not all hospitals are made equal.

Personally, I only have the public health care coverage. Its not as basic as most people think. Do you know it actually covers MRI’s , Chemotherapy and a whole lot of other things. Most people who don’t live in Canada don’t know this.

You can get private or extra insurance which is referred to as “ extended health care coverage” through your job , if they provide it or you can personally buy one yourself. So yes , if you can afford it.

To answer your second question. The private and public are the same. When it comes to the
For -profit- clinics, I wouldn’t say better doctors or better equipments, just a lot of razzle dazzle wink
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2010
In canada if it is an emergency u get seen ASAP, if not u wait. I just lost an aunt to cancer and I can say the care she received was top notch. From visits to her home to surgery to chemo. . . everything. Didn't cost her fam a cent. except taxes of course
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by alicianna(f): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
Krayola:

In canada if it is an emergency u get seen ASAP, if not u wait. I just lost an aunt to cancer and I can say the care she received was top notch. From visits to her home to surgery to chemo. . . everything. Didn't cost her fam a cent. except taxes of course

Real talk!

Sorry to hear about your aunt.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Krayola(m): 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
Thanks. . . ^

It's just annoying when people talk of waiting lists like they put u on a list if they know u are in a desperate situation. If someone else is dying and u are not, they get in before u. If u are in a desperate situation and they can't get u in, they will, in some cases, even fly you to where u can get help. In my 16 years in Canada I have heard of maybe 2 cases where someone died because of negligence, and it was more an issue with the staff/nurses of the facilities they were at, than the policy itself. My mum had some issues a while back and she was on a waitin list to see a specialist for about 4 months. . . she was a little bit frustrated, but the thing was that in the interim she could go see a doctor to deal with any concerns or problems she was having. It's not like they put you on a list and tell u to go home and keep ur fingers crossed. That's just, IMO, nonsense talk.
Re: Obama Signs The Healthcare Bill by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2010
Krayola:

Thanks. . . ^

It's just annoying when people talk of waiting lists like they put u on a list if they know u are in a desperate situation. If someone else is dying and u are not, they get in before u. If u are in a desperate situation and they can't get u in, they will, in some cases, even fly you to where u can get help. In my 16 years in Canada I have heard of maybe 2 cases where someone died because of negligence, and it was more an issue with the staff/nurses of the facilities they were at, than the policy itself. My mum had some issues a while back and she was on a waitin list to see a specialist for about 4 months. . . she was a little bit frustrated, but the thing was that in the interim she could go see a doctor to deal with any concerns or problems she was having. It's not like they put you on a list and tell u to go home and keep your fingers crossed. That's just, IMO, nonsense talk.

Your underestimating the level of ignorance of the typical right-wing american. Majority havent seen their doctors in yrs because the couldnt afford the co-pay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obama Tweets One Word And It Garner's 1.5million Likes On Twitter / The United States Presidential Motorcade, How It Works(Photos) / BREAKING NEWS: Earth To Experience 6 Days Total Darkness Dec 16-22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.