Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (316709 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2017
Now that our bosses are all here, am telling u , the target of 300+ is within reach.

Personally, online tutorials helped me a lot.

The next thing for us(2018 aspirants) is to construct a realistic time table.

What I mean by realistic is that we should not construct a time table with 20 hours of reading per day

Starting from tomorrow, let start bringing questions we know that are hard rock only .

We are not only going to get solutions to them, but these bosses will be giving us their methods of study.(They are all hot brains , you can trust their judgment).

I av posted some reasons why aspirants score low.

By now we should know the category we fall into.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
Pes13:
Now that our bosses are all here, am telling u , the target of 300+ is within reach.

Personally, online tutorials helped me a lot.

The next thing for us(2018 aspirants) is to construct a realistic time table.

What I mean by realistic is that we should not construct a time table with 20 hours of reading per day

Starting from tomorrow, let start bringing questions we know that are hard rock only .

We are not only going to get solutions to them, but these bosses will be giving us their methods of study.(They are all hot brains , you can trust their judgment).

I av posted some reasons why aspirants score low.

By now we should know the category we fall into.

ride on bro..... more � to ur phone....

*what online tutorials were u referring to...
thanks
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 12:00am On Nov 19, 2017
As we proceed, I will be unravelling the tricks I learnt myself in calc in PH, sine of any angle, dividing standard form without the use of calculator, picking correct option when you do not really know the answer and lot more.

No matter how you study, you cannot know all Questions , but if you know your way , you can get all questions

Everyone has a trick that they discover, by the time our bosses start dropping their tricks in various sunject, I am sure, it will really add to our stature.

Xo we only need to take them serious.

2 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:18am On Nov 19, 2017
Bobola07:

3 plots booked.

A big Thank u to my Oga pes13 for the great initiative.
By God's grace, things will work out fine this tym around for 2018 aspirants
bukdan:
Here cool cool cool.
Techies
Ajet001:
I was here
I must book space
pes13 ride on
Bobola07:

samuelizz:
Space booked. cool
AremoOG:
CondomSir:
TheHistorian:
Coming Through like;;;

All of you should come and pay LAND USE CHARGE.

Pay to Samuelizz, he's my secretary

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2017
Pes13:
As we proceed, I will be unravelling the tricks I learnt myself in calc in PH, sine of any angle, dividing standard form without the use of calculator, picking correct option when you do not really know the answer and lot more.

No matter how you study, you cannot know all Questions , but if you know your way , you can get all questions

Everyone has a trick that they discover, by the time our bosses start dropping their tricks in various sunject, I am sure, it will really add to our stature.

Xo we only need to take them serious.

thanks sir

ride on
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 19, 2017
Bobola07:

3 plots booked.

A big Thank u to my Oga pes13 for the great initiative.
By God's grace, things will work out fine this tym around for 2018 aspirants
Amen i claim it
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrAuthentic: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2017
a load of mass120kg is raised vertically through a height of 2m in 30s by a machine whose efficiency is 100%. Calculate the power generated by the machine. [g = 10ms -2]
anybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Adolak(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2017
Space booked.
I'll come back next year to edit it when I'm eventually admitted to study dentistry and dental surgery.
Watch out!!!
Now is the time. I ain't bragging.
Remember the name.
I'm PHOENIX.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by psalmhorah(m): 9:07am On Nov 19, 2017
guys.. pls who have the idea of the price of invisible teachers by dele ashade...?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 9:40am On Nov 19, 2017
hmm let me pitch my tent here i greet all bosses in the houses oooo

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2017
Choose the option that most suitably fills the space.

The employer,not the salesman and his representative......responsible for the loss.
(A) are
(B) are being
(C) are never
(D) have been
(E) is

The answer they gave to it is (E).But I think it should be (A) because The employer and his representative are two people(ie plural) and one of the rules of concord states that plural subjects take plural verbs.

Please let the English gurus in the house explain...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DaQueen7: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2017
DrAuthentic:
a load of mass120kg is raised vertically through a height of 2m in 30s by a machine whose efficiency is 100%. Calculate the power generated by the machine. [g = 10ms -2]
anybody.

We know power is work done (or energy) divided by time

We have time but we need to calculate work done

Work done= force * distance

Force in this context is the object's weight and is equal to the it's mass multiplied by the acceleration due to gravity (F= ma)

Force/ weight = 120 * 10 = 1200N

Following the first equation, work done = force * distance
W = 1200 * 2
W= 2400J

And since power = work done / time
P = 2400/ 30
P= 80W

3 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2017
DrBESTJC:

The employer,not the salesman and his representative......responsible for the loss.
(A) are
(B) are being
(C) are never
(D) have been
(E) is

The answer they gave to it is (E).But I think it should be (A) because The employer and his representative are two people(ie plural) and one of the rules of concord states that plural subjects take plural verbs.

Please let the English gurus in the house explain...

The answer is E. When I get home in the evening, I will quote invisible teacher by dele ashade .

There are lot of questions like this on concord.

An option will look wrong but that is the answer.

I hope bosses in the house will take us through concords.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
The following questions have different answers from different past questions. Lets be mindful of all these past questions.

The distribution of plants in a rain forest is governed mainly by A) rainfall pattern B) vegetation C) soil types D) amount of sunlight

Carbon (IV) oxide content of the atmosphere is least affected by A) burning of fossil fuel B) cutting down and clearing of forests C) plant and animal respiration D) forest fires.

he gas produced during tissues respiration can be identified by using A) sodium hydroxide B) calcium carbonate C) copper sulphate D) calcium hydroxide

The organ located within the duodenal loop in the mammal is the A) spleen B) pancreas C) liver D) gall bladder

In which of the following species is the biomass of an individual the smallest? A. Tilapia sp. B. Agama sp. C. Bufa sp. D. Spirogyra sp

Which of the following types of feathers is used for flight in birds? A)Covert B. Down C. Quill D. Filoplume

what stage in the life history of a mammal is the sex of an individual set? A. At adolescence B. At puberty C. At birth D. At conception.

I have two past questions on biology from different publishers. They gave different answers for this questions

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
Let me book this space.

Just in case...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Pes13:
The following questions have different answers from different past questions. Lets be mindful of all these past questions.

The distribution of plants in a rain forest is governed mainly by A) rainfall pattern B) vegetation C) soil types D) amount of sunlight
-A

Carbon (IV) oxide content of the atmosphere is least affected by A) burning of fossil fuel B) cutting down and clearing of forests C) plant and animal respiration D) forest
-B

he gas produced during tissues respiration can be identified by using A) sodium hydroxide B) calcium carbonate C) copper sulphate D) calcium hydroxide
=D

The organ located within the duodenal loop in the mammal is the A) spleen B) pancreas C) liver D) gall bladder
-A

In which of the following species is the biomass of an individual the smallest? A. Tilapia sp. B. Agama sp. C. Bufa sp. D. Spirogyra sp
-D
Which of the following types of feathers is used for flight in birds? A)Covert B. Down C. Quill D. Filoplume
-C

what stage in the life history of a mammal is the sex of an individual set? A. At adolescence B. At puberty C. At birth D. At conception.
-for the gurus

I have two past questions on biology from different publishers. They gave different answers for this questions
I dont get the last one or I don't know it,
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=DrBESTJC post=62515630]Choose the option that most suitably fills the space.

(A) are
(B) are being
(C) are never
(D) have been
(E) is

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
English questions majorly on concords

I am looking forward to… youA. seeing B. see C. have seen D. will see E. be see

North Africa is … than Northern Europe.A. hotter B. more hot C. more hotter D. the hottestE. hot.

There is not… sense in what that politician has just said. A. many B. plenty C. lot of D. much E. big.

What do you want me to do now? I’m…. withdrawingand keeping quiet.A. for B. with C. up D. off E. on

She wounded the man… the back with her knitting needle.A. on B. in C. at D. by E. upon.

The hotel... is at Wurno Road.A. which I am staying. B. in where I am stayingC that I am staying D. at which I am stayingE. I stay

The young man looked carefully at the long document,but he couldn’t make ... what it meant.A. up B. out C. off D. through E. do.

By the end of this year I… twenty booksA. read B. would have read C. will readD. have read E. am reading.

The politicians are responsible for the… events havetaken in this country.A. course B. curse C. coarse D. cause E. corse.

Whilst the thief was... the passengers, he kept apologizing for the inconvenience he was causing them A. robbing B. rubbing C. robing D. rubing E. robbed.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
boyejo123:
I dont get the last one or I don't know it,
Conception is the answer.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by oluwalummy: 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
Pes13:

The answer is E. When I get home in the evening, I will quote invisible teacher by dele ashade .

There are lot of questions like this on concord.

An option will look wrong but that is the answer.

I hope bosses in the house will take us through concords.
true E it's just a simple Concord .... anything with neither nor is followed by a singular verb
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Erflog(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hello here
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
TheHistorian:
Coming Through like;;;
congrats bro. I go show ur matric to come chop rice
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by UFOMZY: 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
It this real or fake......any one close to UI....saw this in lagos at alafia bus stop... Close to orile

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
UFOMZY:
It this real or fake......any one close to UI....saw this in lagos at alafia bus stop... Close to orile

UI runs diploma programmes, but it will be better if you do not transact with 3rd party. You might fall into the hands of scammers.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
@ Boyejo123,

Thank you for the explanation.The question is somehow confusing but I have understood it.

I am already having headache trying to solve this physics question....maybe you can help...

A bullet is fired in a horizontal direction with a muzzle velocity of 300m/s. In the abscence of air resistance, how far will it have dropped in travelling a horizontal distance of
a. 20m? b. 40m? c. 60? d. How far will it drop in one second?

English.

Remember this matter is strictly......
(A) between you and I.
(B) among you and I.
(C) among you and me.
(D) between you and me.
(E) between you and myself.

Please,I need explanations.
Thanks.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrAuthentic: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2017
A rectangular concrete block 40 cm x 30 cm x 60 cm of mass10 kgrests on a horizontal flat surface. What is the minimum pressure it can possibly exert on the surface?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
DrBESTJC:
@ Boyejo123,

Thank you for the explanation.The question is somehow confusing but I have understood it.

Remember this matter is strictly......
(A) between you and I.
(B) among you and I.
(C) among you and me.
(D) between you and me.
(E) between you and myself.

Please,I need explanations.
Thanks.

D.

ME always take the position of an object while "I" always take position of a subject. The answer above is placed at the position of object

e.g

You and I will go to sch ( You and I is the subject here).

let it be between you and me.( The position changes, you can't use "I" because "I" always take position of a subject while me always take position of an object

I hope its clear.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2017
DrAuthentic:
A rectangular concrete block 40 cm x 30 cm x 60 cm of mass10 kgrests on a horizontal flat surface. What is the minimum pressure it can possibly exert on the surface?

Minimum pressure means it resting on its largest area.

Area= 0.4meter x 0.6meter = 0.24m2

force = 10 x 9.8 = 98

pressure = F/A = 98/0.24

= 408.3 N
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2017
Pes13:

Minimum pressure means it resting on its largest area.

Area= 0.4meter x 0.6meter = 0.24m2

force = 10 x 9.8 = 98

pressure = F/A = 98/0.24

= 408.3 N

can we also use the formula pressure=density*gravity*height
since density is mass/volume, and volume is l*b*h, and height is also given as 60cm??

*also what if the question was finding the maximum pressure..?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrAuthentic: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2017
wave is represented by the equation y = 0.5 sin 0.4 Ω(X - 60t), where the distance (X) is measured in centimetres and time (t) in seconds. What is the wave length of the wave?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrAuthentic: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2017
The process by which some organisms oxidize inorganic compounds to obtain energy is known as

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (191) (Reply)

A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS / University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / Thread For PHD Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.