Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (322086 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
UI post UTME past questions (2012-2017). newly added is the last year's questions.
before hurling jabs and inflammatory comments, why not take look at the screenshots below or better still, show it to those you wrote last year so as to confirm its authenticity.
for enquiries, call 08037737245.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Eben331:
You can still give me ur number, fb username and email for the work you have for me.

Not something serious. I just wanted you to be an admin on the whatsapp group so you could add anyone who requests to be a participant
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
Gud evening everyone

I could see some people have one question or the other. Let me just summarize the answers those questions.

UI is unpredictable, they can bring 5 calculations in physics just like 2017 Saturday putme, or they can bring 21 calculations in physics, just like 2017 Friday putme. ( putme is conducted for two days, and two different set of questions will be set for each subject, you might be lucky to get pure theory without calculations )

Yours is to prepare for anything.

To those aspiring for mbbs and scored low in jamb, I have said it before, you have a great chance. I have seen someone with 268 in jamb in my department. Yours is just to spank your putme.

Mind you, your jamb score doesn't predict how you perform in putme. The guy who scored the highest in 2014 putme (90%) scored 248 in utme.

Lastly, for the person who want to enquire about UI putme after sitting for UNN putme, I really don't think it's possible.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
screenshots ....
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Pes13:
Gud evening everyone
I could see some people have one question or the other. Let me just summarize the answers those questions.
UI is unpredictable, they can bring 5 calculations in physics just like 2017 Saturday putme, or they can bring 21 calculations in physics, just like 2017 Friday putme. ( putme is conducted for two days, and two different set of questions will be set for each subject, you might be lucky to get pure theory without calculations )
To those aspiring for mbbs and scored low in jamb, I have said it before, you have a great chance. I have seen someone with 268 in jamb in my department. Yours is just to spank your putme.
Mind you, your jamb score doesn't predict how you perform in putme. The guy who scored the highest in 2014 putme (90%) scored 248 in utme.
Lastly, for the person who want to enquire about UI putme after sitting for UNN putme, I really don't think it's possible.
God bless you bro.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
Nltaliban:

Not something serious. I just wanted you to be an admin on the whatsapp group so you could add anyone who requests to be a participant
Lol, ok.... I have got some few questions to ask from you. Edit ur number in this post.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Gracy3535(f): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Eben....
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
screenshots

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by beninguy: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2018
Pes13:
Gud evening everyone

Abeg boss add me on the whatsapp group 08036389348
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by beninguy: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Abeg make una add me on the whatsapp group 08036389348 cc:pes13 nitiliban
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Dellybanky(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
abeg add me to the WhatsApp group oo..08020899410
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ademola47:
Good day bosses,

Please I need clarification as to NUMBER of questions involving CALCULATIONS usually asked (or asked last year) in Physics and chemistry in Ui post utme post exam last year. According to the DOWNLOADED SAMPLE questions, chemistry and physics have about five (5) and forty eight (48) in a total of 100 and 110 questions respectively.
My questions now are
1. LIKE HOW MANY QUESTIONS SHOULD I BE EXPECTING IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY.

2. LIKE HOW MANY QUESTIONS CAME OUT OF THE SAMPLE QUESTIONS WORD FOR WORD LAST YEAR OR PREVIOUS YEAR

3. WHICH TOPICS CAME OUT MAJORLY IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY or Which topics would you recommend spending more time studying or putting extra effort

And lastly,

4. Like how many hours of studying in a day made you CRUSH ui post utme so that I can learn from your experiences.

Please, answer thoroughly as I need to evaluate myself ahead of the forthcoming exam

Thanks in anticipation

Cc: Pes13, Ajet001, ChiomaMee, Eden331, Nltaliban to mention but a few

Once again thanks in anticipation.

Kikikiki grin

I'm not in the sciences Sir. I did maths and another calculation related subject sha.

Concerning the number of hours to study. Try to evaluate yourself and answer that question by and for yourself.

1. What's your speed of assimilation I.e how fast or how slow do you understand things.

2. What's your retention level I.e how much can you retain after reading.

I've cone to the knowledge of the fact that, as much as you can seek tips on success from people who have gone ahead, there are certain things you need to figure out by yourself.

A person might read for not more than 2hours in a day and emerge as the best while someone who spends his whole day studying performs below expectation. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm only letting you know that you have to figure out your reading pattern. It really isn't too late.

As for me, I hate reading at night like anything but I can cover what I ought to cover all through the night in just about 3hours during the day.

Know your time, know your best assimilation period. These are the little things that help people excel without too much effort.

Note: forgive any typo. I'm too tired to go through all I've written.

I hope it helps. Never forget the God factor bro. It's the most important. I repeat, it's the most important. Ka chifo

2 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Timil: 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Nltaliban:

You'll be tested with 25 questions from each subjects. As regards calculations, it depends on the day you're writing (during our time, I think those that wrote on Friday had more calculations) but expect about 10-15

Expect about 6-10 questions from your practice questions.

Honestly, I don't even remember the questions I was asked in my last exam talk less of postume. Just make sure you cover your syllabus, you're time efficient and can solve questions without calculator

Lol, I hope you know we're different?. I remember few weeks to postume, I used to read for about 10-12 hours.

To all: ladies and gentlemen, you still have about 1 month to the exam. Make the best use of the time you've got.
How come one month... will it be conducted in ending of september/ first week in october?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ademola47:
Good day bosses,

Please I need clarification as to NUMBER of questions involving CALCULATIONS usually asked (or asked last year) in Physics and chemistry in Ui post utme post exam last year. According to the DOWNLOADED SAMPLE questions, chemistry and physics have about five (5) and forty eight (48) in a total of 100 and 110 questions respectively.
My questions now are
1. LIKE HOW MANY QUESTIONS SHOULD I BE EXPECTING IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY.

2. LIKE HOW MANY QUESTIONS CAME OUT OF THE SAMPLE QUESTIONS WORD FOR WORD LAST YEAR OR PREVIOUS YEAR

3. WHICH TOPICS CAME OUT MAJORLY IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY or Which topics would you recommend spending more time studying or putting extra effort

And lastly,

4. Like how many hours of studying in a day made you CRUSH ui post utme so that I can learn from your experiences.

Please, answer thoroughly as I need to evaluate myself ahead of the forthcoming exam

Thanks in anticipation

Cc: Pes13, Ajet001, ChiomaMee, Eden331, Nltaliban to mention but a few

Once again thanks in anticipation.

You know what,
I'll just give some tips in addition to what others have said.

Make sure you study and practice the "practice questions" and understand everything therein.

For the topics; look out for the topics in the practice questions and read on them from the textbooks.

Get lamlad textbooks and study even with the questions at the end of each Chapters.

Keep reading, read, read and read again, just keep reading.
Repetition!!
You can do it.
Pay the sacrifice.
Do your Homework.
Pray to God.

All the best bro!
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2018
Timil:
How come one month... will it be conducted in ending of september/ first week in october?
Most likely,
Anything after Sept 15th.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by samorobo: 1:12am On Aug 26, 2018
answer this quick chemistry questions. 1--which of the following does co-ordinate covale#nt bond exist (a)C2H2 (b)Al2Cl6(c)Hf(d)2-nitrophenol. 2--which of the following forms trivalent lon(a) sodium (b) cesium(c) aluminium (d) chlorine. 3--inert pair effect increases down the group thus the oxidation state of gallium and thallium(a)gallium greater than thallium (b) thallium is greater than gallium (c) gallium is equal to thallium (d) gallium is more stable than thallium 4--the melting point and boiling point of group 1 and group 2 elements decreases down the group because of (a) their solubility(b) reactivity (c) electropositivity (d) atomic radii. 5--mass spectrometer issues for determining (a) proton number (b) mass number (c) isotopes (d) relative atomic mass
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 2:47am On Aug 26, 2018
Timil:
yes
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Ademola47(m): 3:15am On Aug 26, 2018
Thanks Sir's and ma's for your contributions so far
Pes13
Ajet001
ChiomaMee

Nltaliban

and others

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sofia01: 6:52am On Aug 26, 2018
pls add me on the Whatsap group pes13:
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by SammieDollyP(m): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2018
All will be well, I've read through alot of Advice. They're lovely.
Have a question though,
Why can't we get UI real past question ??
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Teamsworld07(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2018
Bobola07:
Good evening friends.

Compliments of the season.

As preparations are ongoing for 2018 UTME, I want to use this first plot I booked to give us one or two tips that can guarantee your admission if well followed.

I made this post in response to someone's question on the 2017/18 thread, so I'll just make it available to us here.

You don't need human connections to make the admission list in UI on merit. I want to believe most, if not all of us should know that.

Meeting all the necessary criteria is all you need and you are assured of a spot on the list . I'll explain further from here.

1. Make sure you have the appropriate O'Level and UTME combinations for your course.
I'm putting this first because it is a very big mistake that can deny someone admission, even with the best grades.

So, ensure you get familiar with the updated course requirements. its on UI website... anyone that has access to the link should help paste it here for all to see.
This goes majorly to aspirants of social science, art and science courses, with more emphasis on the Department of Psychology.
Some folks missed 2016/17 admission because they didn't have biology which was a requirement. But its all in the updated course requirements on UI site. So ensure you go through.

2. Attain a minimum of 200 in Jamb.

However, you might decide to target way higher than that, because

a. Admission aggregate is now decided by jamb and postume scores. (jamb/eight)+(postume/two).

b. In case you are aspiring for a very competitive course that will have a high cutoff. Infact if you go through the cutoffs for this year, you will notice most courses that used to be 50,52 in past years rose to 59,60,63. So, don't leave any stone unturned.

3. Prepare well for the postume. If you're a science student; especially Engineering, pls prepare harder. 100 questions, 90 mins. No calculator. I'm sure we should know that by now.

4. Keep praying without ceasing. Never atop calling your God.

My next post will be about reading tips.

stay blessed
Thanks sir

3 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by esivue007(m): 10:40am On Aug 26, 2018
Ajet001:

You know what,
I'll just give some tips in addition to what others have said.

Make sure you study and practice the "practice questions" and understand everything therein.

For the topics; look out for the topics in the practice questions and read on them from the textbooks
thanks man,this is what hav been doing.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sofia01: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
please Eben33,pes13 and others, is there any reading group I can join
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
SammieDollyP:
All will be well, I've read through alot of Advice.
They're lovely.

Have a question though,

Why can't we get UI real past question ??
It is because they always collect the question papers back from candidates.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by SammieDollyP(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
Eben331:
It is because they always collect the question papers back from candidates.

Nevertheless, Some claim to have them, but it's secretive.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
SammieDollyP:

Nevertheless, Some claim to have them, but it's secretive.
It may be true though. But knw that there is no real UI past questions. Those ones u see are just formed by some sets of people. Believe me sincerely.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by sirkhaleb47: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
*OPERATION 7am TO 7pm(3rd EDITION)*

It is no longer NEWS that UI Post UTME is here. In order to efficiently and effectively revise for 2018 UI P–UTME; the management of *TEAM TUTORS, IBADAN* presents her yearly marathon revision scheduled to hold *ONE WEEK* to UI post Utme.

*What should you expect*
```•Surgical diagnosis and analysis of topics
•Solving of likely questions
•Tips of solving questions without calculator```
*Why should you trust us?*
_See our last year records_
—Daodu Betty : Medicine
—Falola Adebayo : Medicine
—Oriowo Abisola : Law
_*and many more*_

Antipate our *stuffy tutors* and subjects taught:
```•Lord Manny��‍⚖: English language
•Mr Godwin��: Government
•Marco_Genius � : Physics /Chemistry
•Dr Morgan (OAU) �: Physics
•Dr Jegz��‍⚕ : Chemistry
•Dr Bayo��‍⚕ : Biology
•Sir Noah (OAU) �: Physics
•Mr. Tim ✍�: Mathematics```

We did it in *2015*, we did it in *2017*, 2018 doesn't have to be an exception.
Decent accommodation � available for distant students
*Venue : �Lawn Tennis Court, UI*

Also note that operation 7am to 7pm is a pure initiative of team tutors, Ibadan which started in 2015!!!
Once you are coming, *be sure* it's Team tutors and *debunk* other groups trying to appear like us.

For more information, Contact: 07039412017

*_Let us help you put the square peg in the square hole and put the round peg in the round hole to achieve excellence_*

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
Sofia01:
please Eben33,pes13 and others, is there any reading group I can join
Yes, there is one created by Damayogenius18.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by SammieDollyP(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Any active brainstorming thread, other than this ??
Please drop the link, I'm not on Whatsapp.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by SammieDollyP(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
Eben331:
It may be true though. But knw that there is no real UI past questions. Those ones u see are just formed by some sets of people. Believe me sincerely.

Hmnn, alright bro, thanks.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by PatrickOA(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2018

It is no longer NEWS that UI Post UTME is here. In order to efficiently and effectively revise for 2018 UI P–UTME; the management of *TEAM TUTORS, IBADAN* presents her yearly marathon revision scheduled to hold *ONE WEEK* to UI post Utme.

*What should you expect*
•Surgical diagnosis and analysis of topics
•Tips of solving questions without calculator
See our last year records
and many more

```•Lord Manny : English language
•Mr Godwin : Government
•Marco_Genius : Physics /Chemistry
•Dr Morgan (OAU) : Physics
•Dr Jegz : Chemistry
•Dr Bayo : Biology
•Sir Noah (OAU) : Physics
•Mr. Tim : Mathematics```

Decent accommodation available for distant students
*Venue : Lawn Tennis Court, UI*

Also note that operation 7am to 7pm is a pure initiative of team tutors, Ibadan which started in 2015!!!
Once you are coming, *be sure* it's Team tutors and *debunk* other groups trying to appear like us.

Let us help you put the square peg in the square hole and put the round peg in the round hole to achieve excellence
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by rafo200(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2018

*What should you expect*
```•Surgical diagnosis and analysis of topics
•Tips of solving questions without calculator```
_See our last year records_
_*and many more*_

```•Lord Manny��‍⚖: English language
•Mr Godwin��: Government
•Marco_Genius � : Physics /Chemistry
•Dr Morgan (OAU) �: Physics
•Dr Jegz��‍⚕ : Chemistry
•Dr Bayo��‍⚕ : Biology
•Sir Noah (OAU) �: Physics
•Mr. Tim ✍�: Mathematics```

Decent accommodation � available for distant students
*Venue : �Lawn Tennis Court, UI*

*_Let us help you put the square peg in the square hole and put the round peg in the round hole to achieve excellence_*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.