Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (321838 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Alexaonfleek: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
Pes13:
Good afternoon,.

To start with, there is something UI called change of course, which is always released immediately after cutoff mark has been determined.

The bitter truth is, not everyone who pass putme will hit the cutoff. Doesn't make people who hit the cutoff better than you.

My advice- If you do not have a very high score relative to your aspired course of study previous cutoff, it will be better you have a plan B in your subconscious mind in other to avoid heartbreak.

For medicine aspirant, physiology is your best bet. You could cross back to medicine in 200l.

For guyz with 75+ aggregate, regardless of your course of study, you really don't need to wait for cutoff mark, start preparing for your school fees and acceptance fee.

I predict mbbs will be btw 72-73% aggregate. Just a prediction though.

Wish you guyz the best.

thanks a lot u made me feel a lot better. I didn't know it was possible to do change of course after doing postutme in ui.I put in for MBBS but didn't reach d cutoff can I also change to physiotherapy or biochemistry
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Adolak(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
femianski:

you can't just guess the cut off sir
anything can happen
most of the years in admission mbbs has been between 75 to 80
peeps were even suprised that last year cut off for mbbs was 71 (low)
in fact those with scores of 75 are not yet sure of admission into mbbs
am not trying to scare anyone
it's the fact I am saying
Cut off marks depend on the number of candidates that applied for a course and how people performed
in year 2015 mbbs cut off was 80 and dentistry was over 70
mbbs candidates with 75 should keep praying

In 2015/2016, dentistry was 61 and medicine wasn't 80. The highest score then was 80 something and the person had a very low score in Jamb. That Wes when they were still using only post utme. I can still remember vividly. So please get your facts right.
In 2016/2017, they used o level and jamb combo. Maybe you were referring to then.
In 2017/2018, Dentistry was 66.25 and medicine 71
And we're still waiting for 2018/2019

My research showed it was 2014/2015
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Alexaonfleek: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
Adolak:

In 2015, dentistry was 61 and medicine wasn't 80. The highest score then was 80 something and the person had a very low score in Jamb. That Wes when they were still using only post utme. I can still remember vividly. So please get your facts right.
In 2016, they used o level and jamb combo. Maybe you were referring to then.
In 2017, Dentistry was 66.25 and medicine 71
And we're still waiting for 2018
are u an aspirant

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
Pes13:

Biochemistry, Human nutrition. Anything aside this 3, crossing to medicine is impossible as far as UI is concerned.
But these were not available on the COC form last year

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by lekbel09(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ademola47:
Morning Nairalanders,
Please I applied for medical laboratory science in ui with 52 post utme score and 55 aggregate. what's my chance of being admitted? Or does anybody know about the possible cut off mark or change of course form?
Thanks in anticipation
o boy u try
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
Teeskye007:
Wow... By his grace, we gonna beat the cut-off mark and be admitted bro
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
Alexaonfleek:
thanks a lot u made me feel a lot better. I didn't know it was possible to do change of course after doing postutme in ui.I put in for MBBS but didn't reach d cutoff can I also change to physiotherapy or biochemistry

Please keep in mind that no course in College of Medicine is usually available for COC.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
Where's bro Damoyegenius??
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Seunvense(m): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hardebaryor:
But these were not available on the COC form last year
They will most likely not be available this year too...
The best thing to do if you have the intention of switching to Medicine in 200 Level is to apply for one of those three courses when you register for Jamb.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by femianski: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
Adolak:

In 2015/2016, dentistry was 61 and medicine wasn't 80. The highest score then was 80 something and the person had a very low score in Jamb. That Wes when they were still using only post utme. I can still remember vividly. So please get your facts right.
In 2016/2017, they used o level and jamb combo. Maybe you were referring to then.

pls read my post well
I said in 2015 which was also for 2014/2015
and I don't see any difference in our statements
so I don't see why you are disagreeing with me
read well before you reply
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Adolak(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
femianski:

pls read my post well
I said in 2015 which was also for 2014/2015
and I don't see any difference in our statements
so I don't see why you are disagreeing with me
read well before you reply
My post was later modified to contain the last statement.
Meanwhile your 2015 could have been either 15/16 or 14/15 which you didn't make clear in your initial post.
But all the same, we are on the same lane.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by iles199: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
soviete:
ok if u say so..but i hope u know last year us diff. From this year .if the number if students that applied are more than last year's ..u should expect cutoff marks to increase

OK even if the cutoff for pure chemistry will increase are u saying it can increase from 50 to 60+....haba, let's reason it na...even if it will increase I give it additional three marks to d previous 50...pls let's try and ease this cutoff mark tension on ppl by being optimistic na
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by mccben4(m): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
please i have 66 what are my chances for microbiology

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
femianski:

you can't just guess the cut off sir
anything can happen
most of the years in admission mbbs has been between 75 to 80
peeps were even suprised that last year cut off for mbbs was 71 (low)
in fact those with scores of 75 are not yet sure of admission into mbbs
am not trying to scare anyone
it's the fact I am saying
Cut off marks depend on the number of candidates that applied for a course and how people performed
in year 2015 mbbs cut off was 80 and dentistry was over 70
mbbs candidates with 75 should keep praying

Comon, I thought you read the part I said I am predicting. Prediction is not based on any concrete facts but based on my feelings and opinions which must not necessarily be correct.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by mccben4(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
bro abeg is 66 good for microbiology @ Pes13
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hipprocrates:
My honourable Dr pes13, what is ur own piece of advice 4 dose willing to cross to medicine and surgery at 200l, is it practically possible?. What are d terms nd conditions?. Ave u been seeing pple do dat and even in ur set also?. Which courses are good for crossing 2 mbbs? . Please sir I need to knw ur honest opinion on it sir. I do hear of hard it's to cross 2 MBBS at 200l.

its d best 2 knw everytin it will eva take in crossing to mbbs at 200l to knw au one can prepare 4 d future. My bosses like nltaliban, pes 13, ajet001 should kindly contribute their honest opinion to this matter. I rest my case. Thanks in anticipation.

Crossing is very easy, no hidden charges, lol. But provided

1. You have a very good CGPA

2. You are a student of physiology, Biochemistry or human nutrition.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
mccben4:
bro abeg is 66 good for microbiology @ Pes13

You have a good chance
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by basitayoola7: 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
MikeSpokes:

I'm here
What's ur aggregate score
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Omoya1: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
Any elect elect student here??
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by iles199: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
any pure chemistry aspirant here ?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by MikeSpokes(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
basitayoola7:
What's ur aggregate score

ok. you?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hipprocrates:
My honourable Dr pes13, what is ur own piece of advice 4 dose willing to cross to medicine and surgery at 200l, is it practically possible?. What are d terms nd conditions?. Ave u been seeing pple do dat and even in ur set also?. Which courses are good for crossing 2 mbbs? . Please sir I need to knw ur honest opinion on it sir. I do hear of hard it's to cross 2 MBBS at 200l.

its d best 2 knw everytin it will eva take in crossing to mbbs at 200l to knw au one can prepare 4 d future. My bosses like nltaliban, pes 13, ajet001 should kindly contribute their honest opinion to this matter. I rest my case. Thanks in anticipation.

I refuse to deceive you, IT IS DIFFICULT TO CROSS TO MBBS IN 200 LEVEL. let me explain.

1. For you to cross to MBBS in 200, you need to take the basic courses of your own discipline and that of MBBS in your year (most courses in 100 level college of medicine do that though like he said. Most even offer more courses than MBBS so you're covered.) This is not even a problem.
2. You need to have a good cgpa and meet the requirements of mbbs (the number of units required to be passed and all that) if you're determined, you won't have problems with this too.
3. There must be a vacant space in MBBS (This is exactly where the problem comes in.) Like I said, MBBS students are required to have a pass some units of courses (8 units of chemistry, 10 units of zoo, and about 9 units of physics or so) any student that meets up with this requirement even if with a CGPA of 1.01 ( as far as it's not less than the 1.0 required to remain in the university) will be allowed to 200 level MBBS. And to be frank, 90+% of MBBS students meet this requirement without stress. ( which means the college is designed to favour an initial MBBS student that has passed all the required courses with a CGPA of 1,20 than an outsider like you willing to cross with a CGPA of 4.00. and most of the time, a student will never be displaced from MBBS or other departments unless he fails to meet up with the requirements.

So it's just like, someone has to fail for you to take his or her place which seldomly happens.

4. To make it worse, even when there are spaces, they're very few and are always occupied by people with strong affiliations with big lecturers. ( Like these lecturers get to know that there are vacant spaces before others and recommend their own candidates that have met the requirements like every other person willing to cross)

Let me add that 95+% if people who wish to cross to medicine never get the chance to. So there's every possibility that the course you enter for is what you'll graduate with which means your best bet is to fall in love with whichever course you are given and remember, A bird at hand is better than the million in the bush

Ps:. That doesn't mean people don't cross, I'm just trying to be as blunt as possible.

Good luck, I wish you the best in whatever you do

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by femianski: 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nltaliban:

I refuse to deceive you, IT IS DIFFICULT TO CROSS TO MBBS IN 200 LEVEL. let me explain.

1. For you to cross to MBBS in 200, you need to take the basic courses of your own discipline and that of MBBS in your year (most courses in 100 level college of medicine do that though like he said. Most even offer more courses than MBBS so you're covered.) This is not even a problem.
2. You need to have a good cgpa and meet the requirements of mbbs (the number of units required to be passed and all that) if you're determined, you won't have problems with this too.
3. There must be a vacant space in MBBS (This is exactly where the problem comes in.) Like I said, MBBS students are required to have a pass some units of courses (8 units of chemistry, 10 units of zoo, and about 9 units of physics or so) any student that meets up with this requirement even if with a CGPA of 1.01 ( as far as it's not less than the 1.0 required to remain in the university) will be allowed to 200 level MBBS. And to be frank, 90+% of MBBS students meet this requirement without stress. ( which means the college is designed to favour an initial MBBS student that has passed all the required courses with a CGPA of 1,20 than an outsider like you willing to cross with a CGPA of 4.00. and most of the time, a student will never be displaced from MBBS or other departments unless he fails to meet up with the requirements.

So it's just like, someone has to fail for you to take his or her place which seldomly happens.

4. To make it worse, even when there are spaces, they're very few and are always occupied by people with strong affiliations with big lecturers. ( Like these lecturers get to know that there are vacant spaces before others and recommend their own candidates that have met the requirements like every other person willing to cross)

Let me add that 95+% if people who wish to cross to medicine never get the chance to. So there's every possibility that the course you enter for is what you'll graduate with which means your best bet is to fall in love with whichever course you are given and remember, A bird at hand is better than the million in the bush

Ps:. That doesn't mean people don't cross, I'm just trying to be as blunt as possible.

nice post
and I will also want to add that it depends on his department HOD if he would release him
The HOD has to sign him out
Some HODs don't want their good students to leave the department

2 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 4:54am On Sep 22, 2018
femianski:

nice post
and I will also want to add that it depends on his department HOD if he would release him
The HOD has to sign him out
Some HODs don't want their good students to leave the department

Thanks man.. I forgot about that...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by pabostt: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2018
Adolak:

You are very correct.
I think it is 2015/2016 you are referring to. The guy had 80 something in Jamb but his Utme score was 256. He was even given a scholarship for having the highest score in post Utme (that was when UI was using only post Utme for admission) . The guy did Cambridge A level in my centre in 2015.

Things have changed now. Grading point in UI is now UTME score is 50% and post Utme is also 50%.

I wish all candidates success.

This is the link to last year departmental cut off mark
https://servantboy.com/ui-admission-cut-off-mark/
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by pabostt: 5:42am On Sep 22, 2018
Nltaliban:

You forgot to add that the student must be from College of Medicine and not from any Faculty in the school.
Also students with a CGPA of 4.5 and above have a brighter chance to cross.
People have crossed in the past and it is still possible today because the number of Cambridge A level students with AAA that UI admit every year into 200 level is reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Limus247(m): 7:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Exactly
pabostt:

You forgot to add that the student must be from College of Medicine and not from any Faculty in the school.
People have crossed in the past and it is still possible today because the number of Cambridge A level students with AAA that UI admit every year into 200 level is reasonable.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Strawberry001(f): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2018
Please are there any psychology aspirants on this thread?
I'm earnestly looking 4 my people...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by akintosin780: 8:17am On Sep 22, 2018
pabostt:

did u just say CAMBRIDGE AAA I CAN'T JUST IMAGINE DAT
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by soviete(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2018
iles199:

OK even if the cutoff for pure chemistry will increase are u saying it can increase from 50 to 60+....haba, let's reason it na...even if it will increase I give it additional three marks to d previous 50...pls let's try and ease this cutoff mark tension on ppl by being optimistic na
yeah u r right though...I'm not being pessimistic... Just trying not to give anyone false hope
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2018
Hi everyone,
Ah! Look how dusty my seat is���, I need to order dozens of handkerchiefs to clean it!

To my bosses in the house
Pes13
Ajet001
Nltaliban I hail you all! ���

To aspirants who scored 50 &above in the recent PUTME, I congratulate you. To those that did not meet the cut off, I congratulate as well!

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2018
pabostt:

People have crossed in the past and it is still possible today because the number of Cambridge A[b] level students with AAA that UI admit every year into 200 level is reasonable[/b]

Pes13 already mentioned that sir. Thanks

As for the bolded, It's possible like I said. But there's 90% possibility of it not happening

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.