Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (321094 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by overcomer90: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2018
cry cry cry cry cry
Ui pume 2018

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:
NLC strike is starting today, and I don't know the possibility of cutoff mark faculty meeting taking place. You guyz might have to wait another weeks.

My opinion though.

Good morning, we will expect updates from you on this today. Thanks for the input so far.

PS, is this info confirmed?? I mean for Technology department

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by TeflonBlixx: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:

It's official, only that it is yet to be announced officially. Cutoff is really high this year.

cry cry cry

I'm all gone..

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by TeflonBlixx: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2018
Damayogenius18:
u will get it bro

Congratulations bro..
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by TeflonBlixx: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2018
Eben331, did you make it?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2018
TeflonBlixx:
Eben331, did you make it?
No bro. It is something painful.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2018
simplebb:

Good morning, we will expect updates from you on this today. Thanks for the input so far.

I will confirm, I am yet to see the cutoff for technology, perhaps because am in college of medicine.

But it look real to me.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:
NLC strike is starting today, and I don't know the possibility of cutoff mark faculty meeting taking place. You guyz might have to wait another weeks.

My opinion though.
If I am given a course in UI, can I pick UI again next year or not?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2018
Congratulations to those who made the cutoff.

To those who the cutoff didn't Favour, just keep praying and keep the hope high.

Impossibility is a mindset and not a reality.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by freshsteph: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2018
simplebb:

if this is true....
then m safe...

#team_pet
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2018
Eben331:
If I am given a course in UI, can I pick UI again next year or not?

You can't matriculate twice in UI.

Although we were told during orientation that if you wish to apply to a another department in UI because you don't like your course.

You need to first terminate your admission, and then reapply through jamb.

If you apply and you already have an admission, they won't give you the admission even if you meet the cutoff.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by freshsteph: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2018
I hope we get the faculty of technology cutoff marks today.....
I can't even sleep wella...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2018
Hello Friends and My bosses here...

This is seriously what I never espected...I have never even given a thought to failure all this while...All my struggles,sleepless nights(studying),prayers,mindset and even the very air I breathe everyday of my preparations were all channelled towards SUCCESS . Imagine,I was so convinced that I will get admission to study MEDICINE this year that I have bought my school bag and some other things.

When my JAMB results were released this year(2018),I was very happy and elated when I saw 303 as my score.I continued to study and prepare for the UI PostUTME with zest.When the results were released, I saw 73 as my PostUTME score and 74.375% as my aggregate score.I was sad and worried because my target score is not less than 90. When I remembered that UI cutoff mark for medicine last year(2017) was 71.88% , I kept my fire of hope burning...but not without serious prayers and fasting.

Now,the cutoff mark for medicine this year has been pegged at 76.5%, and as you can see, I am just like 3 marks away from the cutoff mark.Since yesterday when I saw the cutoff marks,I have not been able to sleep.It is very very painful.

But friends,I am not here to ask you to pity me...no no no....This is my 4th failure since I started to pursue MEDICINE and I have learnt to brace up and struggle harder after each failure,....No matter what people will say..... I am writing this to seek counsel and sincere directions on my next line of action because I believe that a problem shared is half solved.Now,my questions are :

1) Since my score is high enough to get another course, I am thinking of doing a COC to courses that will allow me cross to medicine in year two like biochemistry,human Nutrition and physiology....but I heard that those courses are not advertised on the COC.....Is it true ?

2) What other courses can I go for apart from the aforementioned ones ?

3) If after accepting any other course, can I stay in the university(UI) and write JAMB and PostUTME again in the same UI in 2019? .... Can I abandon my present course then and accept admission to study medicine in the same University of Ibadan?

4) If I should decide not to accept any admission UI will offer me whatsoever(because my passion is seriously tied to medicine), do you think (from experience) that I will be able to study well if I get a job and come back for jamb next year?...The job will take like 8hours of my time everyday.I cannot just stay at home studying for a whole year idle...an besides nobody is willing again to give me any money for anything until I enter school,not even for jamb....because my people have given up on me.

5) Also on the Job issue,I am planning to buy a laptop and an android phone from my savings,but I am thinking of how I can convert it into a good source of income. Please friends,I am alone in the world now... I need to survive. What genuine and profitable online business can I do in my part time to make ends meet ? ......I have heard that students can work online and earn a decent pay,but I don't know much about it.If you are into any one of them,I would like to have your contact...

Please save a soul today.!

5 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:

You can't matriculate twice in UI.

Although we were told during orientation that if you wish to apply to a another department in UI because you don't like your course.

You need to first terminate your admission, and then reapply through jamb.

If you apply and you already have an admission, they won't give you the admission even if you meet the cutoff.
Ok thanks.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Eben331: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2018
Even though I am not given medicine. I will come back next year. I am just 5 points away from cut off. Even though I expected to score 90 in putme but my hope is dashed in big time. What a life! DrBESTJC, my situation is similar to yours. I just have to get a hold of myself and move on. While there is life, there is hope.

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

This is seriously what I never espected...I have never even given a thought to failure all this while...All my struggles,sleepless nights(studying),prayers,mindset and even the very air I breathe everyday of my preparations were all channelled towards SUCCESS . Imagine,I was so convinced that I will get admission to study MEDICINE this year that I have bought my school bag and some other things.

When my JAMB results were released this year(2018),I was very happy and elated when I saw 303 as my score.I continued to study and prepare for the UI PostUTME with zest.When the results were released, I saw 73 as my PostUTME score and 74.375% as my aggregate score.I was sad and worried because my target score is not less than 90. When I remembered that UI cutoff mark for medicine last year(2017) was 71.88% , I kept my fire of hope burning...but not without serious prayers and fasting.

Now,the cutoff mark for medicine this year has been pegged at 76.5%, and as you can see, I am just like 3 marks away from the cutoff mark.Since yesterday when I saw the cutoff marks,I have not been able to sleep.It is very very painful.

But friends,I am not here to ask you to pity me...no no no....This is my 4th failure since I started to pursue MEDICINE and I have learnt to brace up and struggle harder after each failure,....No matter what people will say..... I am writing this to seek counsel and sincere directions on my next line of action because I believe that a problem shared is half solved.Now,my questions are :

1) Since my score is high enough to get another course, I am thinking of doing a COC to courses that will allow me cross to medicine in year two like biochemistry,human Nutrition and physiology....but I heard that those courses are not advertised on the COC.....Is it true ?

3) If after accepting any other course, can I stay in the university(UI) and write JAMB and PostUTME again in the same UI in 2019? .... Can I abandon my present course then and accept admission to study medicine in the same University of Ibadan?

4) If I should decide not to accept any admission UI will offer me whatsoever(because my passion is seriously tied to medicine), do you think (from experience) that I will be able to study well if I get a job and come back for jamb next year?...The job will take like 8hours of my time everyday.I cannot just stay at home studying for a whole year idle...an besides nobody is willing again to give me any money for anything until I enter school,not even for jamb....because my people have given up on me.

5) Also on the Job issue,I am planning to buy a laptop and an android phone from my savings,but I am thinking of how I can convert it into a good source of income. Please friends,I am alone in the world now... I need to survive. What genuine and profitable online business can I do in my part time to make ends meet ? ......I have heard that students can work online and earn a decent pay,but I don't know much about it.If you are into any one of them,I would like to have your contact...

Eben331:
Even though I am not given medicine. I will come back next year. I am just 5 points away from cut off. Even though I expected to score 90 in putme but my hope is dashed in big time. What a life! DrBESTJC, my situation is similar to yours. I just have to get a hold of myself and move on. While there is life, there is hope.

Gentlemen, I've booked this space. I'll utilize it soon.

Surely before the end of today

Meanwhile to make things easier, you can't chat me up on WhatsApp if you have my number.. I really can tell what I saved your numbers with
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by harustotle(m): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2018
UI Post-UTME Result 2018: VC Speaks on Candidates' Performance, Top Scorers & Admission List https://www.myunilorininfo.com/2018/09/ui-post-utme-result-2018-vc-speaks-on.html#.W6x3zOJArO0.whatsapp
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by overcomer90: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

Guy trust me ur success will eventually come
I don't know when but I know it will surelycome
Mark my word for this
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DoctorRo(f): 10:07am On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

cryreading this making me all teared up,I seriously know how it feels to prepare hard for something and not get the result you want,it makes me remember Hab 2:3,which makes me never give up on the pursuit of what I want,don't worry all will be well soon.
Talking about online biz,can I pm you.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by armyjassy101(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Any info concerning Art faculty like cut off
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by iles199: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:

I will confirm, I am yet to see the cutoff for technology, perhaps because am in college of medicine.

But it look real to me.

my oga pls can u guess what the cutoff for.pure chemistry could be this year...tho last yr it was 50, I had 59 on aggregate but am still bothered on what d cutoff for chemistry could be Dis yr
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by coolxpaul(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2018
overcomer90:
There were so many tricky question this year
I realized I have failed some so you see science guys need to be really careful when reading a question and selecting an answer
Diligent Aspirant for next year should take note of this
Example is this common one
Gas/flame for welding answer is oxyethyne or oxyacetylene flame
Not oxyethylene or oxygen or ethyne or ethylene
Note that ethylene is ethene while acetylene is ethyne

Correction of astigmatism the answer is cylindrical lens curved on one side

Longest bone in the human body is femur not vertebrae column .Unfortunately I failed this question it is tricky considering the fact that the whole bones in the vertebrae column is longer than a single femur bone.
But the question states longest *bone* (just a single bone) so automatically vertebrae column is out of the possible answers

There are so many questions like this but this is what I can remember
Guys that nabbed 80 or 80+ aggregate provide tips for students to learn from and realize their mistakes there is no need in keeping all ur tactics u have already gained admission

Am very sure that some student who nabbed the 88&89
PUME score dey dz thread shocked shocked cry cry
U're definitely ryt. Sittin 4 UI's post ume has made me wonder how it is 1 shud prepare 4 an exam. UI hv many tactics 4 dealin wit pple even wen u hv read well. On d 1 hand, wristwatches were not allowed, nd dy didn't put any tymer der 4 candidates 2 monitor demselves, xo u jx find ursef rytin nd wen u raise ur head, u hear tym up. Anoda factor was d arrangement of d ?s. Y I planned 2 start wit Bio, mine started wit Chem nd den Phy wich means takin more tym 2 struggle wit dose hy tech ?s. All d xame, I'll advise applicants 4 next year 2 do deir best in studying, deir best in d exam hall nd finally, faith, trust in God nd prayer.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by dayo20002002: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

Please, you can chat me up. I have some pieces of words of advice for you because in the multitude of counsel there is safety. I believe you will still grab it.

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by tolaxin(m): 11:39am On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:

To those who the cutoff didn't Favour, just keep praying and keep the hope high.

Just allow cutoff marks to be released officially before you start congratulating people

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by centurionpapa(m): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2018
DrBESTJC:

A lot of people are In your shoe.
That should make it easier to bear
I'm 0.75 marks away from cut off.
But I'm not sad.
UI is only pushing my matriculation away.
I'll come back angrier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Xandre: 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
You're such a strong person...I really pray you get in.
centurionpapa:

A lot of people are In your shoe.
That should make it easier to bear
I'm 0.75 marks away from cut off.
But I'm not sad.
UI is only pushing my matriculation away.
I'll come back angrier
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by overcomer90: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
Some 25 things/secrets about successful MBBS aspirants and students

1. So many people told them to give up but they never listened to them.
Most have had series of failures.

2.They know that to gain admission 99% very very very very hard and smart work is required and 1% luck which is the grace of God.
They know that this 1% luck (grace of God) is what can separate them from myriads of brilliant and intelligent aspirants otherwise their their very very very very hard and smart work *may* be futile.

3. They never take any exam for granted be it waec jamb or post ume by ensuring they attain excellence with a very very high score as much as possible .
4. They also prepare for exams even during a festive day like Christmas, Easter, and Salah etc.

5. They have unexplainable passion for the course and this is their driving force.
6. They know their academic strength and weaknesses and don't go beyond their limits on that very moment they are writing their exam. Example, if they attempt a question and do not get it they move to the next question rather than trying to forcefully solve a question they don't know or can't solve.

7. They know how importance is seeking experience and seeking knowledge on how a particular exam will be before writing the exam themselves.

8. They know their academic limits. If a school is more competitive than another and they know they can't compete they go for a less competive accredited school where its safer and surer to gain admission. After all you receive the same mbbs degree as others.

9. They don't underestimate anyone no matter how young or how old. They know that everyone has equal chance of gaining admission provided if the person has seek experience or has experience in the game. More so, they know some people will be naturally lucky.

10. They don't ignore any information even trivial ones in the syllabus or textbook cos they know that the trivial information can decide their getting admission that year or not.
They know how precious is 1 jamb or post jamb mark or even 0.001 aggregate mark.

11. They start preparations early and gave their all to studying whether in tears, sweat, blood and money.

12. They have shed tears when they failed to beat cutoff, and during the course of their preparations they have wept secretly when they were alone.

13. They seek group chat, threads or tutorials for positive competitive atmosphere and to step up their game.

14. They know that for most people their eventual success was a series of failures that led to the road of success.

15. They can feel the pains of those who didn't make the MBBS cutoff because they have been there before. They have empathy.

16. They were always hopeful, never envied those who made it believing that one day their time will come.

17. Some have had to hustle hard to pay for their exam fees, materials, and other things necessary for their success in the exam.

18. They have solved lots of past questions and learned from their mistakes .
19. They have the appropriate past questions and textbooks.

20. They know that there is unpredictability in cutoffs it can go from 70 to 80something.
With this they prepare as much as possible to reach cutoff from 80% to be safe.
Cos they know MBBS aspirants are highly intelligent and u (reading this piece) is one of them . remember everyone has equal chance it boils down to ur experience, academic strength, luck (grace of God).

21.They have open mind and prepare their mind for the unexpected not to be taken aback in exams.

22. They know that there is something called luck but they *DON'T* depend on it. Because it risk their chances of gaining MBBS admission.
By this I mean that during preparations, they don't hope that in the exam hall they would guess any question this makes them work harder, study smarter, ask God for guidance during reading, master their text books and solve & learn from all questions they failed in the past questions.
During the exam, they can guess the answer but they try as much as possible during their preparations to prevent guessing answers or minimize the answers they would guess as much as possible in the exam. They don't take anything by chance.

Luck in this case is a gift from God the fact that u worked hard doesn't mean He will give it to u. He can give it to anyone. U see those guys who scored 88, 89, and 90 had this luck. They must have guessed at least 5 answers correctly or even guess 4 correct answers out of 5 to reach that score (88%89%, and 90%) when others will have guessed those 5 questions and fail all or manage to score 1. U see this is when God's grace comes into play.

Pray for luck but never do the mistake of hoping in luck when seeking MBBS admission. Everything is in ur control not in fate. Do your part and let God do His.

23. They also have this secret that post jamb score has a higher value than jamb score. They will never tell u this.
So even if they score very high in jamb they make sure that they score even higher in post jamb. Because someone who scored less in jamb may score higher in post jamb and beat them in aggregate.
Consider this scores 310 jamb + 70 pume aggregate 73.75
Consider this also 300 jamb + 80 pume aggregate 77.5
So u can see they never joke with post utme exam in as much as they don't joke with jamb. Remember a very high jamb score is the foundation for success but if u don't score high in jamb never give up, give ur best shot in pume.

24. They know their success was from God alone and not by their smartness or hardwork.

25. They know it was not yet time to quit they gave in their all holding these three words quote "never give up".
Don't give up on your dreams God has the best plan for u and u will naturally know when it's time to quit but the characters u have developed through the years will forever be with u.

This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed. Hab.2:3

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isa 40:31

Finally, every one has their own unique path to success let God be ur guide, He will lead u safe and through.

5 Likes

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by centurionpapa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
Xandre:
You're such a strong person...I really pray you get in.
Thank you for the good wishes

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by danybrave1996: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
pls boss@pes13 please sir is cut off for ELDS Dentistry out?? I had aggregate 67.5 sir. Thanx in anticipation
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Adex16: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
pls boss @ pes 13 I passed my cut off with just 1.875 should I have any reason to worry
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by danybrave1996: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
Pes13:

Please boss any hope for me sir? Am 2.5 points away from dentistry cut off am from ELDS PLS sir whats our cut off? Has it been released?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by esthyope(f): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
please does anyone have an idea on the cut off for law

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.