Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) (5835 Views)

How Students Observed Social Distancing During An Examination In Anambra (Video) / Watch Bullies At Kings College Lagos, Posted By Yeni Kuti / How Students Receive Lectures At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by Thomasloaded(m): 1:10am On Nov 19, 2017
According to a Twitter user @lifeofmohammed, who shared a photo showing how students of Kings College were being punished within the school premises. Shouldn't corporal punishment be banned in public schools? The twitter user wrote;

He wrote; "What will I call this? Boarders ain't prisoners smh. This is happening at Kings College Vi Annex."

Source: http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/11/see-how-students-of-kings-college-were.html

1 Share

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by kingxsamz(m): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2017
wow...nice decoration smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by kingxsamz(m): 1:17am On Nov 19, 2017
This is normal na...
This punishment is nothing compared to the punishment their seniors gives them...
Anyways stuffs like this makes boarding life fun...
Only boarders will understandsmiley

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by MistadeRegal(m): 1:19am On Nov 19, 2017
Looks like a massacre/ genocide.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by HITdemUP: 2:02am On Nov 19, 2017
In Ipob voice Nigeria is a zoo.

2 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by AuroraB(f): 2:26am On Nov 19, 2017
Sadistic teachers.
Watch as sadists they churned out would see nothing wrong with this.
It's a vicious cycle angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by fabre4: 3:05am On Nov 19, 2017
AuroraB:
Sadistic teachers.
Watch as sadists they churned out would see nothing wrong with this.
It's a vicious cycle angry

It isn't the teachers this must be from the seniors. I went to a similar school so I understand

2 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by AuroraB(f): 3:10am On Nov 19, 2017
fabre4:

It isn't the teachers this must be from the seniors. I went to a similar school so I understand
And, to you, that's right?
Oh, never mind, I know the answer already wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by UgojiC(m): 3:47am On Nov 19, 2017
Am sure this is the hostel, boarding student can relate to this
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by Ishilove: 5:22am On Nov 19, 2017
Mscheeeeew. I was expecting something more brutal or inhumane. This not punishment, this is child's play. This kind of punishment is usually for a class who have refused to behave themselves or failed do their allocation of chores.

Back in high school when we are 'punished' and made to lie down this, you'd find us giggling underneath our hands. If you're caught you will be made to face more severe punishment. When we get up, we pretend to be sober but once out of teachers' earshot we start laughing. It was fun cheesy

18 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by kevoh(m): 5:26am On Nov 19, 2017
This is more like early morning exercise na.

1 Like

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by jaxxy(m): 6:06am On Nov 19, 2017
I wud say its kinda normal bt sm skol won't tolorate such. Depending on the level tho
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by geozone: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2017
if it warrants caning add it too. because a couple of years down the line some of these will come your way and what would be your experience. its for their own good
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by remsonik(f): 6:24am On Nov 19, 2017
This is not punishment o. I went to a unity school and I know what is punishment, they are just lieing on the floor now. When you are served punishment like
Kneel down and fly your arms
Kneel down on your palms
...inside the hot sun o
Or a senior giving you her clothes and her friends to wash for a month.
Then you will know what punishment is.

5 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by webincomeplus(m): 6:38am On Nov 19, 2017
These bloggers like to overblow petty issues. When did mere lying down become a serious punishment as portrayed?

I'm not surprised, though. Some indomie kids regard even daily house chores as brutal punishment. So, this, to them, is na.ked fatality.

To those kids who see this as punishment, you'll enjoy yourself when you go for NYSC orientation drilling.

4 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by EponOjuku: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2017
Those boys aren't being punished, they are preparing for punishment. Those standing in the midst of the semicircle are the seniors who are giving them instructions.

Hyde J and Pane's boys with Mckee and Harman's boys controlling.

2 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2017
Lols...just recalled my school days. many seniors flogs students just for pleasure, which is not right.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by falcon01: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2017
These are KINGS
I remember back then when i was in secondary school i wont do that i will simply say i wontt do that it violates my right the teacher will be like are you mad?? common lie down before i slap you, then i say infact sir with all due respect i am living the school i cant do this i am going to the class and take my back and never coming back. Then o go straight to the principals office explain to him then he comes back and saves everybody and warn the teacher. That is how i escape capital punishment but if its minor 2 to 5 strokes of cane i receive them.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by SalomonKane: 7:37am On Nov 19, 2017
Thomasloaded:
According to a Twitter user @lifeofmohammed, who shared a photo showing how students of Kings College were being punished within the school premises. Shouldn't corporal punishment be banned in public schools? The twitter user wrote;

He wrote; "What will I call this? Boarders ain't prisoners smh. This is happening at Kings College Vi Annex."

Source: http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/11/see-how-students-of-kings-college-were.html
Post the link to the twitter handle. No sane mind will take any news emanating from a blog serious.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by EponOjuku: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2017
falcon01:
These are KINGS
I remember back then when i was in secondary school i wont do that i will simply say i wontt do that it violates my right the teacher will be like are you mad?? common lie down before i slap you, then i say infact sir with all due respect i am living the school i cant do this i am going to the class and take my back and never coming back. Then o go straight to the principals office explain to him then he comes back and saves everybody and warn the teacher. That is how i escape capital punishment but if its minor 2 to 5 strokes of cane i receive them.

Lol.
There are schools and there are schools.

In King's College, when your senior says you should get out and your teacher says you should stand, bro, you run as fast as your legs can carry you.

2 Likes

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by heykims(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2017
Nice aerial view
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by anuma1(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2017
Dicipline
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 19, 2017
I thought Kings College wear white?
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by Joephat(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2017
This is rubbish

I remembered how a teacher flogged me straight 12strokes of cane for not participating during march pass.

It made us to rem. To attend the march pass the next year. I can't see any animal punishment here.

Nigeria values moral n its incorporated in our curriculum too.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by rozay12345: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2017
The Nigeria government need to do more to discourage the indiscriminate punishment of our young lads, the government must take a position on this. Flogging has never been a result oriented tool. We need good counsellors in school to monitor the growth of our children.

1 Like

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by anibirelawal(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2017
@OP, you should atleast tell us the offence they commited.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by mexyk(m): 9:58am On Nov 19, 2017
anibirelawal:
@OP, you should atleast tell us the offence they commited.

I went to a boarding school myself, this is the same way we were treated, or even worse for very little cause. No offence [probably noise-making] these kids could have committed should warrant this kind of barbarism.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by Adebowhales(m): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2017
Male school where a fellow male will drill a male offenders ass in the name of punishment.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by femijay8271(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2017
EponOjuku:

Lol.
There are schools and there are schools.

In King's College, when your senior says you should get out and your teacher says you should stand, bro, you run as fast as your legs can carry you.

That's True especially d Main Camp at Lagos Mainland beside st Nicholas.

As their Auxiliary staff, one happen in my present where d SS3 guy told d SS2 boy to just Kneel down in my present for no damn reason.
Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by pmc01(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2017
"Last boy to lie down flat".

If you know the drill, Floreat boy!

1 Like

Re: See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) by mhisterdreezy(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2017
Thomasloaded:

small thng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Second Batch Of University Of Ibadan Is Out. / SEE Map,could This Be Why Boko Haram Started And Spread Like Fire In The North, / Historical Photos From Points Of View You’ve Never Seen Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.