Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? (9244 Views)

Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Apostle Johnson Suleman To Open His Airline, Promises To Employ 3,000 Africans / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by talk2percy(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2017
Churches nobi business centres, them no dey open on Sundays?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2017
Yes, He or she can, u are free to do so, anybody who says otherwise tell them to come & meet me, I have the appropriate answer for them
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by dennisworld1(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2017
The question is why do we even go to Church on Sunday. I know some people will say becos Jesus rose on the third day.. Before u will say that i have so many counter for u. Most business center wont even tell you why sunday. Have open a page on this... https://www.nairaland.com/4185147/why-christians-go-church-sunday
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by aolawale025: 9:48am On Nov 19, 2017
Before christianity was adopted as official state religion by the Romans, Sunday was a day set aside for worshiping the sun. The Roman in order no to alienate it's citizens (that were used to worships on sunday) also adopted it for the new religion (Christianity). That's the origin of Sunday as a church going day.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Damoche10: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2017
Why not. Who says you shouldn't open your shop? The sabbath day is on Saturday while Sunday is the first day of the week.

As per tithe, what is being practiced in Nigeria today about tithing is a scam. Conning people of their hard earned money. Nigeria has the highest number of pastors in the world and the number keeps growing, all in the name of tithe collection. There are so many verses in the Bible that talked about tithing. That money making our Nigerian Pastors go nuts because it is free money. Most churches operates a bank where all the tidings is centralised. They keep brain washing members with all manner of psychological threat. Let any pastor tell you where it is written in the Bible to be paying tithe monthly. Na wa o

Have you not seen churches with 3 to 4 branches on a street, then u know what I am talking about. Have u not seen churches erected opposite or adjacent themselves? If a church has a school that the poor members that contributed to the building of the school can't afford it's fees, then you must know that it is a fundamental problem. When members worship the chair of the so called man of God in the name of seeking purity then something is fundamentally wrong.

Some even say they were already millionaires before they started their church. Those who knew them well before opening the company exposed them and they kept mum. I just keep wondering why you are all scared to voice out. #Freethesheep. Na wa o

The spirit of God is within you and around you, there is no brickwall between yourself and God. Don't be deceived!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by femi4: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
This question was thrown to one of my members, and she said what about offering and tithe will you help me?
Lets reason together
is it ok as a christian to open his shop or business center on a sunday morning?
According to Jesus, if its emergency and you need to save lives

Mat 12:11

11He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by laudate: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
there are some business you cant but work on sundays, eg security outfit, livestock farming, transport(not one man bus), etc.
You forgot to add hospitals or clinics....
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Olumaeme: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2017
Do you want to disrupt another person's business? The pastors are the only ones permitted to sell on Sundays

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by laudate: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2017
Larryfest:
Yes it's a sin......only the pastors are permitted to open there business office on a Sunday morning.
And medical doctors, nurses, electricity station workers e.g. DISCO's whose job is to supply power etc? Are they sinners, too?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2017
Abudu2000:
grin cheesy so much sacastic posts here, I'm done n gone
and ι'м lovιng ιт...тoo мany ѕнeepleѕ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by dennisworld1(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2017
Church is a business and u want me not to open my business on sunday which is not the Sabbath day..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by chukwujega(m): 9:57am On Nov 19, 2017
he/she can open now,since church attendance on Sundays is not written in the Bible,or when titht is called or die to be paid,who go pay am? no b him/her.....
I even hear say even if you person die,all the titht wey E don owe since they must pay am before bury...
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Deffi(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2017
It is wrong!

sad

See:
Exodus 20 : 8 - 11 The Ten Commandments
Jeremiah 17 : 21 - 22,
&
Nehemiah 10 : 31.

REPENT FROM IT AND GOD WILL FORGIVE.
cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by greggng: 10:02am On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
This question was thrown to one of my members, and she said what about offering and tithe will you help me?
Lets reason together
is it ok as a christian to open his shop or business center on a sunday morning?

Depending on when his church service starts. For instance I am a Catholic and we ve morning mass that starts by 6am or 7am so by 9am you re at home no matter the delays. By 10am you should open your shop cos God challenged us to do everything good on sabath day. Rendering service and making money for the family to survive is something good. Again I ve forgotten the story but a little idea will help you understand. Somewhere in the bible jesus was accused of trying to rescure a sheep that entered in a gotter. The accused him that why is he working since that day is sabath. Go and find out his answer
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by micgray100(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2017
I support after church service......

Register your Limited Liability Company (LLC) for just 85k within 5 working days.. See enough commendations from previous Nairaland client on my signature trend link.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by mildflame: 10:09am On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Lets reason together
Is it right for Transporters, Doctors, Security personnels, Nurses, Fire men etc to do their businesses on sundays?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by BiggyBamBam: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2017
SUNDAY is dedicated to the Worship of the SUN GOD.
SATURDAY is the real SABBATH DAY, as ordained by God.

You can open your business on Sunday, but on Saturday, you must not do anything.
Look for a Synagogue and Worship the One True God.
If you do not have a Synagogue in your area, have an altar in your house and Worship with your family.
Go on YouTube and see how Jews Worship.
On Saturday, you also must not drive or have money in your pockets.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
does the christian not attend CHURCH.... am not going to debate if saturday or sunday is the sabbath because that has already been sorted out in the bible.... But normally Sunday is supposed to be for the Lord
can you prove to me that Monday to Sunday were written in the Bible with references
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2017
Larryfest:
Yes it's a sin......only the pastors are permitted to open there business office on a Sunday morning.
they would rush you now
Abeg wear your bullet proof

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2017
Hier:
The question is, why Sunday, and what do we do on Sundays

Sunday is a day to refresh,

Isaiah 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Sunday is a day to be refreshed from all the worries of the week and other deceits. That's all

So, starving yourself of refreshing makes you dirty and that implies that, it will take more time for you to get clean at a future date.

Its like, you have three cloth to wash, but you prospond the washing, it implies that, there will be more clothes to wash overtime

Going to church on Sunday is for our own good.

Shalom
where in that verse you quoted was Sunday mentioned
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by ronaldbecky(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2017
mildflame:

Is it right for Transporters, Doctors, Security personnels, Nurses, Fire men etc to do their businesses on sundays?
seun too many slowpoke..which kind mentality b dis
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by ahamonyeka(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2017
No,but on a Sabbath day which is saturday.

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy so ,which day is that Sabbath?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by greatnaija01: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2017
I cant fall for your trap.... those days were not written... they were mentioned numerically BECAUSE the names we call those days are actually dedicated to demi gods.... MOONday TUIday WED.... THORSday etc

THAT DOESNT EPP ANYONE

bamidelee:

can you prove to me that Monday to Sunday were written in the Bible with references
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Radiopsych: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2017
Yes it's a sin......only the pastors are permitted to open there business office on a Sunday morning. LWKM And maybe if our network providers are Christians they too will short down their businesses { No network Service } till monday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by obamd: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2017
But Nairaland is open on a Sunday and Seun probably gets most clicks on Sundays
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by charlsecy(m): 10:42am On Nov 19, 2017
Why wouldn't you include one man bus (transportation)?
OlujobaSamuel:
there are some business you cant but work on sundays, eg security outfit, livestock farming, transport (not one man bus), etc.
laudate:
You forgot to add hospitals or clinics....
No, he didn't. You chose to ignore what etc. stands for.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by mykel25(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2017
Depends on the nature of business.... Buh the fact that shd remain is create a time for God.... Not necessarily Sunday .....#BREAK-THE-MENTAL-CHAIN
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 19, 2017
Yes
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by betterABIAstate: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Lets reason together
obeying the Sabbath day is a mosaic law, if you obey keeping the Sabbath holy, why not obey another Mosaic law that said we should not tithe in the 7th year as well?

We are all hypocrites
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2017
gentlegenius:
Christianity is not just a religion but it is a way of life. God is no longer interested in Sunday worship services, he wants true worshipers who worships him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.
I had a friend who used to sell fuel in a filling station. Every Sunday he will not sell in the station. He prefers to go to church as he just can't miss church on Sundays. Right now, he is in Dubai. A Country where Christians are very few, churches are almost non existing and Sunday is a working day. He is always at his place of work every Sunday and had little or no time for religious activities. It is only in Africa that people waste too much time in their religious centres claiming to worship God instead of making money in their business places.

He he he he. grin grin grin
Why your friend no go Israel.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 19, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Lets reason together

If u own a hospital, will u close on Sundays
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? by OlujobaSamuel: 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
You can choose to rest on sunday as a one man bus owner, a company like PMT, GIG, GUO, Muftau and others can't afford such break.
The reason I left out hospital and clinics as part of the example is because people already have the notion that they have no break and no religious limitation to their job, whereas, we have other businesses that demands day to day attention irrespective of belief.
charlsecy:
Why wouldn't you include one man bus (transportation)?No, he didn't. You chose to ignore what etc. stands for.
Thanks for your response to @laudate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grace Is Not Enough / Is There Any Difference Between A Christian And A Born Again Christian. / 3 Reasons I Can Never Become An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.