Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor (23168 Views)

As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / Ebelechukwu, Willie Obiano’s Wife And Plastic Surgery Rumours (Photos) / Governor Willie Obiano Running At Campaign Ground (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by AngelicBeing: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mufasa27:

Tell them bro grin grin grin
grin

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Leez(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
emma321:
Time to Build a New World 

Being the text of the Acceptance Speech by the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano on his Re-election as the Governor of Anambra State on Sunday, November 19, 2017

Ndi b’ anyi, ekenem unu

With utmost humility, I stand before you to accept thehistoric mandate you have bestowed on me today!

Umu nnem, the victory we savour today belongs neither to Willie Obiano nor to our great party, APGA. No! This sweet victory belongs to Ndi Anambra!

It belongs to the wheel barrow pushers and the Okada riders who have clearly seen in our recent political experience, a glimmer of light in the horizon.

It belongs to the farmers in Ayamelum, Onono, Ogbaru, Omasi, Omor and Ufuma who have now realized that Agriculture is the future of Nigeria. 

It belongs to the teachers and civil servants who have seen that a motivated workforce is the greatest asset of any government and have rewarded our faith in them with an overwhelming verdict at the polls. 

It belongs to the illustrious sons and daughters of Anambra State who have seen the STAR of this great state rise in the Eastern Skies and have answered our call for Aku luo uno; bringing home their Naira and Dollars to put our dear state on the investment map!

This victory belongs to all of us! Umu nnem, this victory isnot a winner takes it all. For in the New Anambra of my dream, everyone is a winner. Everyone!

So, I reach out a hand of brotherhood to my fellow contestants…Oseloka, Tony, Osita, Godwin and others whose names I cannot easily recall here. And I say to you;my brothers, we have all fought a good fight. But Anambra State is the WINNER! The interest of AnambraState is bigger than the private ambitions of anyone of us.. Therefore, I pray you to join hands with me and build a better place for Ndi Anambra! Our beloved state needs our talent and our time. The time to build a better place is NOW!

Indeed, this victory is a referendum on the solid resolve of Ndi Anambra to rise above average in all we do. We have demonstrated that we are indeed capable of taking charge of our lives and making difficult decisions that will brighten the future of our children. I have no doubt in my mind that we shall continue to lay the building blocks for a prosperous tomorrow for all. 

Ndi Anambra, this mandate is dear to my heart. I see it as a historic call to inspire my people to greatness. I see it as a call to deny myself sleep that my people might sleep better. Umu nnem, I will not give myself rest until our beloved state has fully assumed the status of the model state of Nigeria. This is my promise to you all.

Fellow compatriots, this victory did not come by chance. It is the final product of the combined efforts of brilliant men and women who sacrificed their personal comfort to ensure that Anambra’s steady march to progress is not derailed.

My first and deepest gratitude goes to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President MuhammaduBuhari for proving to Ndi Anambra that under his watch, democracy will sink deeper roots in the Nigerian soil. Mr President promised us a free and fair election. Today, we can all see that he has kept his promise. Thank you so much Mr President!

I must also thank the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for conducting what has been widely adjudged a transparent election in Anambra State. With this election, INEC has shown that it has fully braced up for the 2019 elections. Thank you so much.

I will also not forget the vigilance of the Nigerian Police, the Nigerian Army and other law enforcement agencies whose alertness ensured that the expressed will of the people was not thwarted. Indeed, you have done an incredible job!

To the indefatigable DG of my re-election campaign organization, Chief Victor Umeh, Ibobo Aguleri, Ohamadike! You and the entire Campaign Team have written your names in gold. My immense gratitude goes to every member of APGA, from the Ward Chairman to the members of the National Executive Council; you have made us proud! Chukwu gozie unu nine.

And to all the members of the Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council, all the PGs and members of the various town unions across Anambra State, all the Bishops, Reverend Fathers and Pastors, the members of the organized Labour, the youths of Anambra State, the traders, the farmers, the ordinary men and women who look up to government for a better day, I assure you that my team and I shall never fail you. 

Indeed, Ndi Anambra, on behalf of my capable Deputy, Dr Nkem Okeke, I thank you all for renewing this mandate and I urge you to prepare for the speedy transformation of Anambra State into a prosperous sub-national entity in the next four years.

Umu nnem, we have stepped into our finest hour. We have finally hit the proverbial bend in the river. Our journey into greatness is now assured. We are ready and willing to work with anyone who has something to share that will make Anambra State great. 

We are open to new ideas, new visions of society and a New Hope!

God bless Anambra State

God bless Nigeria

Dalunu

Willie Obiano

Governor

http://anstalk.com/acceptance-speech-by-the-governor-of-anambra-state-chief-willie-obiano/

lalasticlala

children of hate already bleating on the thread
bla bla bla bla gringrin
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by God1000(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
congratulations Mr governor.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
Obiano really really needs to invest in infrastructure in order to attract substantial investment and development to Anambra.

Focus more on Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. They are they core economic cities of Anambra, especially Onitsha and Nnewi.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
IPOB animals please don't go and commit suicide. cry

Your pains and wails are still very much important to us pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Don't go!
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by valinno(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
congratulations sir
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Akolawole(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Cool, despite the presence of Apc led federal criminals and thieves, Apga still won, this is how Apc will be swept away from Nigeria in 2019, useless Apc led federal criminals, thieves, looters and nest of killers tongue
It's better you put it in a proper way.
Buhari do not use federal might unlike his predecessors.
He ensure that the anambarians decide by themselves

3 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by emmypero10(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
Keneking:
Great..

"So, I reach out a hand of brotherhood to my fellow contestants…Oseloka, Tony, Osita, Godwin and others whose names I cannot easily recall here"..... such as Peter Obi
oga u no sabi read? Is Peter obi a contestant?

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by chernest2002: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
This is democratic speech. We're sending one 75years old president to come and learn how to speak and unite people.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by cascarino(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
sounwave:
IPOB youths how market?? grin
Obiano won the election with about 182000 votes. Nwoye and Obaze scored 97000 and 92000 votes respectively. If you add all the votes together you will be getting around 370000 votes while the total number of registered voters is 2.2million.

That's about eighty five percent compliance. The boycott would have recorded up to ninety five percent success but for the other ten percent that could not reject the lure of #2000 and #2500 that were shared by APGA and APC to buy votes. So IPOB succeeded in boycotting the election and have made a big statement with that.

Don't mock IPOB rather mock APC that was hoping to capitalize on the boycott to rig themselves into power.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Frankamah11(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
’ll fight Obiano’s re-election with my blood — Obi
punchng.com

former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi
Tony Okafor, Awka

A former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, on Wednesday, said he would fight with the last drop of his blood to stop the re-election of Governor Willie Obiano in the November 18 poll in the state.

Obi, who spoke during a stakeholders’ meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party held in Awka, the Anambra State capital, said he was disappointed at the profligacy and clueless administration of his successor, Obiano.

He regretted that all he laboured to put in place in the state in his eight years in office were being destroyed by bad governance.

Obi said, “I will fight in this election aggressively. I will fight with the last drop of my blood. I will fight to win this election the way the PDP has not won any election before.”

He asked the stakeholders to mobilise for the victory of the PDP’s candidate in the poll, Mr. Oseloka Obaze, describing Obaze as “a first-class market.”

The former governor pledged to reconcile all aggrieved PDP members in the August 28 primary election of the party.

“I’m the beneficiary of the PDP confusion when I was governor on the platform of APGA. Today, I’m 100 per cent in the PDP. That confusion must end. We must win the November 18 poll; nothing can stop us from doing that. It’s a fight I must win for the PDP.

“I’ll be in Anambra State all through from today (Wednesday), to accomplish this goal. In 2002/2003, I contested against an incumbent governor and defeated him; so there is nothing strange to me in defeating an incumbent governor.

“If all the money I kept for this (Obiano’s) government, both in dollar and naira were properly utilised and our legacies sustained, Anambra will be on top of other states in development by now.”

In his speech, the PDP standard-bearer, Obaze, thanked the stakeholders for their support and assured them of patronages in his government if voted to power.

But reacting on behalf of the incumbent governor, his media aide, Oliver Okpala, described Obi as a deceit.

He wondered how the former governor who three years ago told the people of the state that Obiano possessed the best qualities and credentials to succeed him would come now to vilify his “best choice.”

“Obi cannot speak from both sides of his mouth. In 2013, he introduced Obiano to the people of the state and said he (Obiano) had the best managerial acumen and political sagacity to take over from him.

“Thus, he happily handed over to Obiano and Obiano had proved to the people of the state what Obi said about him by his performance that everybody is testifying to. So, what is Obi saying?

“There is no amount of lies Obi will tell about Obiano that will make the people to change their minds about the November 18 poll; they are all for Obiano,” Okpala stated.
grin grin grin
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by adem30: 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
Free and ffir election without arresting any party Chieftain. Thank you PMB
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by nedum77: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
Great speech sir,l am happy u won and many thanks to Mr President for encouraging a free and fair election.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by uzogold4love: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
Keneking:
Great..

"So, I reach out a hand of brotherhood to my fellow contestants…Oseloka, Tony, Osita, Godwin and others whose names I cannot easily recall here"..... such as Peter Obi
Mr man Peter obi was never a contestant. he wanted to anambra with money but GOD failed him

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Babacele: 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Good One From Mr. Obiano!
heared he has been a special guest these days at Aso Rock. So don't be surprised if he joins Pmb sooner or later.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by ogbiwa: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
Well constructed speech and congrats to him. Though in Nigerian politics talk is always cheap. But atleast it looks like the state is in steady hands for the next 4 years. I love how Anambrarians (that voted) came out in one voice to unanimously re-elect a system that's been working for sometime now, you know "if it ain't broken don't fix it". The continuity of APGA from one tenure to the next has contributed immensely to making Anambra stand out amongst states in the south east development wise for past couple of years. I wish voters in some other states consider this factor when making their choices in 2019.

PS. Anyone who doesn't know when Anambra's slogan was "home for all" is obviously an ...
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Chigold101(m): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
My vote counted
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Yyeske(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ndi Anambra ekenem unu, I greet you all. The fight wasn't easy, the insults, threats, fear of death, fear of the unknown, yet we went ahead to defy whatever, I was even scared atimes but I believed in my people because I know we don't give up, may God continue to bless us, strengthen us, guide us, provide for our needs and keep us as a united people who spoke with one voice.
We are grateful to you guys, we made ourselves the talk of the town as this is the most transparent and free and fair, peaceful election in Nigeria conducted here on our fatherland.
God bless you all because we have shown the world who and what we are, a resilient and determined people ready to tread on unknown terrain, this is what we've been known for anyway.
May God bless you all who made this happen, Daalu nu rinne, thanks so much.
Remember irrespective of who you voted for, anyi ka bu ofu, we still remain one.
God bless you all.
God bless Omambala.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by megama: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Congrats Sir, this is like USA. Election, when the Americans are talking, blogging, real AMERICAS do the voting. grin sad shocked cool
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by lickmyass: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
[quote author=cascarino post=62528757]Obiano won the election with about 182000 votes. Nwoye and Obaze scored 97000 and 92000 votes respectively. If you add all the votes together you will be getting around 370000 votes while the total number of registered voters is 2.2million.

That's about eighty five percent compliance. The boycott would have recorded up to ninety five percent success but for the other ten percent that could not reject the lure of #2000 and #2500 that were shared by APGA and APC to buy votes. So IPOB succeeded in boycotting the election and have made a big statement with that.

Don't mock IPOB rather mock APC that was hoping to capitalize on the boycott to rig themselves into power.

What is this one saying?
Hate him or criticize him,
PMB is more successful
than any person from the south
East, whether a P. HD holder or a
professor.
He has the political might to
do whatever he wished
with the election in Anambra
but he choose to be a man of
Integrity.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Yyeske(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
I feel like the proudest Anambrarian right now, we made it happen and I'm so proud to be counted among those who made it happen.
God bless Anambra state and uplift our state higher.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Yyeske(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
megama:
Congrats Sir, this is like USA. Election, when the Americans are talking, blogging, real AMERICAS do the voting. grin sad shocked cool
I was surprised by the final outcome myself because I've been so scared of so many uncertainties, at last the people who it mattered to so much made a choice finally, thanks for the recognition

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Sunnah1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Cool, despite the presence of Apc led federal criminals and thieves, Apga still won, this is how Apc will be swept away from Nigeria in 2019, useless Apc led federal criminals, thieves, looters and nest of killers tongue

Idiot! Idiot!! Idiot!!!
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by AngelicBeing: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sunnah1:

Idiot! Idiot!! Idiot!!!
It is you and your entire lineage and generations that are idiots and your entire lineage will forever remain idiots and roam about as idiots and fools forever, I am entitled to my opinion, now buzz off and go and end your miserable life in the lagoon, nonsense, my last response to a demented dimwit like you grin

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Duru1(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
This is fool's theorem in display. Nigeria is a silly joke.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by Duru1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
megama:

You must be hellishly drunk to have USA in a sentence with Nigeria's election. What an insult.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by megama: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
Yyeske:
I was surprised by the final outcome myself because I've been so scared of so many uncertainties, at last the people who it mattered to so much made a choice finally, thanks for the recognition
I wasn't surprise, only thing that panic me at times us the so called federal might. But am beginning to respect this our presidio. We Anambras not Anambrarians. Appreciates the Governor. Even only the security..... we are ok

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by deboysben(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Good One From Mr. Obiano!
olooo Mr sheman. Hope you no miss your period
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
deboysben:
olooo Mr sheman. Hope you no miss your period

mynd44 rule 2
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by nkechiasogwa(f): 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
Your first and deepest gratitude goes to man not to God who made it all possible. Where did you thank God in your speech? Anyway congrats but please learn to acknowledge God as the REAL SOURCE of every good thing that happens to us.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
And there is it folks, the expected result. In anambra, APGA always win; the deciding election is the APGA primaries... AND THAT IS FACT.
Re: Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor by 8stargeneral: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2017
If u truly love ur people,actions speak louder than voice!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: Ihedioha Never Won Imo, Supreme Court Just Made Correction / Boko Haram Infiltrators Working As Tailors, Mechanics, Carpenters In Abuja / Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.