Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 (31635 Views)

Unions To Shut Down Banks Nationwide From January 2, 2020 / Lagos (Okada) Motorcycle Operators To Wear Uniforms, Get Tuesday Deadline / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by fatdon2(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
The Bus Conductors Association of Nigeria says that its members in Lagos State will start wearing uniforms from Jan. 1, 2018 for security and effective service delivery.

The National President of the association, Mr Isreal Adeshola, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos on Sunday.

Adeshola said the operational uniform would bring sanity to the service in the state and the country as a whole.

According to him, the association has started training its members in Lagos State and educating them on the job procedures and attitudinal change while on duty.

“The association has been able to train a reasonable number of conductors on behavioural change.

“We started the registrations and training at Lagos State Drivers Institute for attitudinal and change in orientation of the members toward passengers and traffic rules.

“By Jan.1, 2018, all our registered members will be in their operational uniforms for proper identification and effective service delivery,” he said.

The president explained that part of the reasons for training its members was to ensure adequate security of passengers and good customer relationship with the people they relate with.

He said that putting on uniforms with identification numbers would ensure accountability and brought sense of responsibility among the members.

Adeshola said that the association was working towards eradicating the menace of using under-age as bus conductors across the country.

He announced that persons from 18 years and above were qualified to join the association.

The president added that any minor found operating as a bus conductor should be arrested.

“We are coming out to tell Lagos residents that bus conducting is a respected profession like in other western countries where they are respected because they offered humanitarian services.

“In Nigeria, people see them as nobody which is not supposed to be so,” he said.

NAN

http://punchng.com/lagos-bus-conductors-to-wear-uniforms-from-jan-1/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Biggie225(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lagos sef.. grin
Owo da guys right nw..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by thesicilian: 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lagos State Government looking for any way to make money by fire by force.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by sarrki(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
Eko onibaje

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
Misplaced priority

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by SoNature(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Uniform? Those ones? I doubt they'd do it!

Lagos drivers and conductors are some of the worst in Nigeria.

They never have change...never...it often makes me wonder what they do with their change. They can insult passengers and ask them to get down from their buses because of change.

Sincerely, I don't think there's anything good about them

Any action taken to make them better is acceptable!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by serverconnect(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lagos state govt trying to make money from this.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by mygeeZ(m): 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
The motor mechanics and other artisans should also wear clean uniforms.. Imagine sitting beside a dirty mechanic with greased cloths and body..Good one

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Movic1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
mygeeZ:
The motor mechanics and other artisans should also wear clean uniforms.. Imagine sitting beside a dirty mechanic with greased cloths and body..Good one

If you don't want to sit beside a dirty mechanic then get yourself a car. #simple logic

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by yanshDoctor: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
at a time i thought they are changing all the danfo bus to AC bus. so it was all a scam. forward and backward same time.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by zionmde: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
i have free uniforms to donate to some of my NL peeps in the conductor business
Madridguy (I have a complete set for one family)
Sarrki (I have two for couples)
alcatraz2005 (I have one for u)
yarimo (I have two for a couple adult and a kid)
Otematum (i have the yabaleft style)
GrandFinale2017 (I have a father and son To-match outfit)
Yyeske (I have 5 for u, u can use one and give ur brothers the rest)
Pls i still have more to donate, just mention any of ur favorite NL peep in the business and i will give him one.

If we dont empower the zombies, Who will?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by fatdon2(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
lalasticlala will not put this on front page because it's not about snake
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by NextGovernor(m): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
SoNature:

Uniform? Those ones? I doubt they'd do it!

Lagos drivers and conductors are some of the worst in Nigeria.

They never have change...never...it often makes me wonder what they do with their change. They can insult passengers and ask them to get down from their buses because of change.

Sincerely, I don't think there's anything good about them

Any action to take to make them better is acceptable!

They will 1st of all drag and pet you to enter therr bus, assist you carry ur bag gently. When the bus is half way and they have already collected money, them go insult life comot 4 u and throw away ur bag if u dey come down...

U know why they do all these? U will still enter becos u non get option....

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by kettykin: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
i hope the color of the uniform will be dark brown or else Lagos will be breaking another world recored as the city with the dirtiest bus conductors

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Kufie(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
Those ones wey no dey baff? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nawteemaxie(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
...and recite the National Anthem too?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by ibkgab001: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
Is good
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by lakesidey(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ambo ooo, Ambo... Eko sese bere nii.... U neva chi chumtin
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
You can take the human out of the slum but you can never take the slum out of the human

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by martineverest(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
Body odour will increase in 100 folds o

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
Something light

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by IAmSkinny: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
I hope say the uniform go get tie? Hahaha, e go funny no be small.
All these photography secrets will shock you www.fototech.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
kettykin:
i hope the color of the uniform will be dark brown or else Lagos will be breaking another world recored as the city with the dirtiest bus conductors

grin grin

Even if it were so,them go tear the thing na? At the end of the day them fit just tie the shirt for head make dem know say dem get the uniform...

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Super1759: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
Please let it be white on white

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Lexusgs430: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
They require more than just uniforms ...............
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Yinxies(f): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
kettykin:
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
I hope they FULLY implement it.
Eko o ni baje o
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by jolyment: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
APC change
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by BruncleZuma: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
Old news
Re: Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 by Osyxcel(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
kettykin:

White and green grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success / Man With A Sick Baby Strips Unclad In Lagos, Over Non-Payment Of His Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.