Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Anambra Election: If APC Had Won, I Would Have Quit Facebook. Activist Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: If APC Had Won, I Would Have Quit Facebook. Activist Says (379 Views)

El-rufai: APC Had No Plans For Nigeria; We Just wanted Jonathan Out / I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana / No Election Will Hold In Zamfara If APC Is Excluded, Governor Yari Dares INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: If APC Had Won, I Would Have Quit Facebook. Activist Says by diasporaman(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
It was a lanslide win for the Governor who convincingly swept all the 21 local government areas of the state. Governor Obiano won the election with a total vote of 234,071. His major contender, Tony Nwoye of APC came second with 98,752 votes, Oseloka Obaze took third with 70,593 votes and Osita Chidoka of UPP fourth with 7,746 votes.

The election was peaceful as no casualty was recorded, no gunshot nor harassment was witnessed. It was an election that was characterised by a low turn out of electorates due to the declaration by IPOB that the election should be boycotted.

There were 37 candidates who contested for the election, including 5 women. The major contenders were Obiano, the APGA candidate and the incumbent governor, Tony Nwoye, APC candidate who had the backing of his Godfathers and the federal might and Oseloka Obaze of PDP.

Prior to the election, APC had boasted that they are going to take over Anambra State which is the cradle of the Igbo race and equally the political and economic power house of the entire South east. Their machineries were put in place in other to perfect their plans either by rigging the election or by the use of federal might.

Three weeks to the election i posted on my Facebook page that if APC wins the election i will quit Facebook and other social media networks. My fans and followers were worried about the drastic decision I took based on the antecedents of previous elections where the federal might was enforced and election was rigged to their favour. However, I was optimistic that no matter the schemes and machinations APC would apply, APGA will still emerge winner because APGA is the party that our great leader Late Chukwuemeka Ojukwu left behind and it must not go into extinction.

Despite the APC led federal government deployment of

1. 26,000 Armed Policemen/Counter Terrorism.

2. 10,000 Armed Soldiers.

3. 5,000 Armed Naval Officers.

4. 3,000 Armed Airforce Officers.

5. 11,000 Armed Civil Defence Corps.

6. 3,000 Trained Dogs.

7. 100 War Gunboats.

8. 15 Armour Personal Carrier (APC).

9. War aerial helicopters.

They however met their Waterloo at the polls.

These were the machineries that were put in place to instil fear on the electorates who are mostly APGA faithfuls so that many of them would be afraid to exercise their franchise in the already tensed up election thereby paving way for APC supporters to cast their votes.

Irrespective of the more than 60% boycott by IPOB members, the few electorates that came out to cast their votes showed the significance of APGA to ndi Anambra, many of them voted for the party and not the candidate itself.

I won’t quit Facebook like i threatened before if APC had won, because APGA the Igbo traditional party did not only win the election they equally made Ndigbo to know that APGA bu nke anyi. Afa Igbo ama efu na-aka anyi!”

Comrade Obiwest Utchaychukwu
Social critic, activist & blogger

https://diasporareporters.com/anambra-election-apc-won-quit-facebook-activist-says/

Re: Anambra Election: If APC Had Won, I Would Have Quit Facebook. Activist Says by diasporaman(m): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
APGA for life. APC ntooooor
Re: Anambra Election: If APC Had Won, I Would Have Quit Facebook. Activist Says by mightyhazel: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
now when election don end abi

(1) (Reply)

ABIA STATE People Should Stop Disgracing Ndi-igbo / Dolapo Osinbajo Celebrates Hubby, Yemi Osinbajo On Their 28th Years Anniversary / Immigration Probes Alleged Extortion At Nigerian High Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.