Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana (46425 Views)

If Obi Had Won Nigeria Muslims May Faced What Gaza Is Currently Facing - Omokri / 2019: Gbenga Daniel Predicts What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari / 2019: What If Atiku Wins And Buhari Fails To Concede? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by ijustdey: 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Human rights lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Femi Falana, has said that he would have been surprised if the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had won.

He said this during an interview on Hard Copy, a Channels Television programme which airs on Fridays and monitored by our correspondent.

He said that Atiku’s emergence has negative implications, adding that his chances of winning in court are “tough”.

He said: “I would have been surprised if Atiku had won. Atiku’s emergence has negative implications. He will have to defend many negative comments by Obasanjo.

“He is under investigation by the United States Government. He never came out to deny the representation that he will enrich his friends. Atiku was going to sell the NNPC to his friends.”

Asked if Atiku could win in court, Falana said: “Atiku’s chances in court are very tough.”

https://www.independent.ng/i-would-have-been-surprised-if-atiku-had-won-falana/amp/

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by haywire07(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2019
Atiku was never a better option. Pdp forced him on us .
They should have provided a candidate with a clean record but the party leaders were interested in ripping him of his money.

Kwakanso or Tambuwal stood a better chance but Atiku paid more money

323 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Xzellentgraphic: 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2019
Lol...Atiku the joker!

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by focus7: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
If not that pdp is corrupt how can they not have a better candidate to present for presidency beside questionable characters like Atiku and Saraki.

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by MrAJQ(m): 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Everyone who understand Nigeria politics would have been surprised

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by olujastro: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
I would have been more surprised. The problem is that PDP chieftains and supporters are simply too dumb for my understanding. That's why PDP will keep getting defeated going forward.

My comment on the election sometime last year...

olujastro:
While smart people are analysing real electoral data, others think it's by hijacking Nairaland frontpage as they've done in recent weeks, screaming Atikulate and Obimycin all over the place, and doing "like" and "share" for Atiku. When they lose as expected, they'll start screaming rigging or "zoo must fall".

The SS has always been the zone with gargantuan rigging as evident in the voters' turnout; especially in Rivers, AkwaIbom, Delta and Bayelsa. However, this time, no more federal backing from PDP to reel out about 70% voters turnout there (when others are below 50%), and some of the chief riggers have moved to the APC. With strict usage of card readers, the SS will be lucky to deliver 5million votes.

This shows that the real voting strength in terms of votes cast of the NW (APC's strongest hold) can comfortably take care of the SS and SE (PDP's strongest holds) .

The NE is still there chilling for the APC as another stronghold. While the split zones of the SW and NC (which I expect more voter apathy there in 2019) slightly favour APC more than PDP.

So tell me how Atikulooter will win without even including his huge corruption baggage. cheesy

257 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Pabloosas(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
grin
Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by olaolulazio(m): 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
His chances or winning is as tough as dat of a donkey passing through d hole of a keke napep's tyre.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by BafanaBafana: 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2019
Atiku says he is concerned with Borno and Yobe results. We dash him all of Buhari's vote there. We have told Inec chairman to add it to his votes

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by mynd1(f): 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
Igbos/southerners/ christian should be careful of what they post on social media. I heard from a reliable sources that tension is building up in some Northern states about the video posted earlier today by one Idi.ot.
God bless my president Elect

God bless APC

God bless Nigeria

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Memphitz537(m): 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
The incoming months on the way eheeeeeeeeen.
Nigerians,make una brace up. Una go hear wheeeeeehn from this APC government hand!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Richdad50(m): 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sychophant

4 Likes

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
mynd1:
k
see as person fresh. Buh what are you doing in the midst of southerners self. Your people don't mingle with us but what do you want here exactly?

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by datola: 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
ijustdey:

Human rights lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Femi Falana, has said that he would have been surprised if the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had won.

He said this during an interview on Hard Copy, a Channels Television programme which airs on Fridays and monitored by our correspondent.

He said that Atiku’s emergence has negative implications, adding that his chances of winning in court are “tough”.

He said: “I would have been surprised if Atiku had won. Atiku’s emergence has negative implications. He will have to defend many negative comments by Obasanjo.

“He is under investigation by the United States Government. He never came out to deny the representation that he will enrich his friends. Atiku was going to sell the NNPC to his friends.”

Asked if Atiku could win in court, Falana said: “Atiku’s chances in court are very tough.”

https://www.independent.ng/i-would-have-been-surprised-if-atiku-had-won-falana/amp/

Hmmm.... Na wa o Atiku.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by NigeriaDecides: 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
Is there any case in the court of law that's not tough? Except if thrown out

4 Likes

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by frank41(m): 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
This Falana Femi of acclaimed SAN....I don't really understand him...He looks bamboozled and indecisive.I can't fathom what he wants Atiku or Buhari.
Today he is against Buhari administration, tomorrow he is for him.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
grin

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Rubbiish(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
frank41:
This Falana Femi of acclaimed SAN....I don't really understand him...He looks bamboozled and indecisive.I can't fathom what he wants Atiku or Buhari.
Very indecisive man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by willyjacs(m): 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
That was one reason the north snubbed him..
He never had a chance here.
Bribing and buying the presidential ticket was how he denied kwankwaso or tambuwa the chance to contest....
That was why Wike was mad hearing Atiku bribed his way into winning the primaries.

He is seen as a two faced personality who u can't trust by the North.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by livelymatilda22: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
Lol...me too

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Bungalow: 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
Only ipobians thohght Atiku could win .
Lmao

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
livelymatilda22:
Lol...me too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
wink

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Dreambeat: 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
Who takes this two faced snitch serious.

5 Likes

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Babalegba(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
frank41:
I'm also like that,it's not indecision but the fact that although buhari is incompetent he is still the best Nigerian leader as of now.I was always criticizing buhari in the presence of my ibo friends for his security lapses,Imagine their shock when I dusted off my pvc and voted buhari to neutralize at least one of their own votes. PDP should be kept well away from the treasury

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
olujastro:
I would have been more surprised. The problem is that PDP chieftains and supporters are simply too dumb for my understanding. That's why PDP will keep getting defeated going forward.

My comment on the election sometime last year...

prophet olu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by sageer1706(m): 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
I always tell people that Atiku never stood the chance to dethrone PMB, the PDP were only after his money and there are still not through with him they still want him to spend more by hiring lawyers (SANs) for a case he will never win

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by LazyGold(m): 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
If PDP had presented a better candidate they could have won

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by rusher14: 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
Atiku.
grin

12 Likes

Re: I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana by jimmynauty: 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
It's his opinion.. Let's go there...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From The Jos Prison Attack & Attempted Jail Break / 2023: Corper Donates Allowance To Tinubu (Photo) / Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.