Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,355 members, 7,864,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead (50627 Views)

NDIGBO: Now That Our Beloved ALEX EKWUEME Is No More / Alex Ekwueme Is Alive, Receiving Visitors, Sits Up & Eats / Alex Ekwueme Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by 2shure: 6:08am On Nov 20, 2017
everyone who has a hand in the destruction and collapse of nigeria.
will continue to die one after the other.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:09am On Nov 20, 2017
anonimi:

Will they bury him in London also since he refused to die in Nigeria where he was powerful and was part of those who ruined the country such that doctors are running away to practice abroad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2
When Buhari was in this same London none of you opened your vocal cavity to say pim... Moreover how many vice presidents are being blamed for the rut in the country? Or is it because Alex is from a certain part of the country where he should never have crossed the glass ceiling placed on his tribe?

1 Like

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:10am On Nov 20, 2017
Amarabae:

Can you pls do humanity a favor by keeping quiet?

Like humanity cares about a people who either don't realize when they are being openly raped by a rapacious elite or don't care because they themselves have the same mindset. Keeping quiet is why you're being sold as slaves in Libya in 2017... and you're pretending that everything is ok.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by brookz: 6:10am On Nov 20, 2017
Every Soul shall taste death.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by martineverest(m): 6:11am On Nov 20, 2017
Chris95:
This is painful. May his gentle soul rest in peace cry
Federal govt should better not jump out to show themselves... Because wen he was alive ND needed help they did nothing.
don't say what u don't know.... He was an ex VP and ^still paid his entitlements. He was flown abroad by FG 4 treatment
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:12am On Nov 20, 2017
MrMakaveli20:

stop the blame game. you think he was VP when money was in politics? he had so much yet he had to rely on his brothers to rally round for funds before FG stepped in? he was a humble and selfless gentleman. you don't have to liken him to modern day politicians. respect old age so you may live long too.

Isn't that the same rote language we trot out when most of these folks kick the bucket? It's over-used... we should try another excuse.

Oh dear... the old "respect old age"... my living long has nothing to do with my opinion about Nigeria's generation of corrupt, inconsiderate and wicked political elite.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by mywells: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2017
Buhari's death loading would soon be confirmed by malaikas. rip ex p
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Excellent4love: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2017
You're correct my brother, l they posted the news before only to hear he was flown abroad for treatment.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Owolabeey003: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2017
RIP.May God spare him
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

If being the vice president is being a useless figurehead then why are we here pretending like he was anything consequential and that he did anything to advance our cause? Nigerians are bandwagon RIP greetings.
How many vice presidents have you and your likes blamed for the rut in the country or you want to start with Alex?
He broke the glass ceiling placed on his tribe to become the number two man in this country. It is important to us. And he was a respected voice in Igbo land at least. So whatever hate you have in your heart, doesn't change the fact that it's your hatred and don't use it to infect this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by ken2baba(m): 6:15am On Nov 20, 2017
Rest in peace sir
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:17am On Nov 20, 2017
eagleeye2:

How many vice presidents have you and your likes blamed for the rut in the country or you want to start with Alex?
He broke the glass ceiling placed on his tribe to become the number two man in this country. It is important to us. And he was a respected voice in Igbo land at least. So whatever hate you have in your heart, doesn't change the fact that it's your hatred and don't use it to infect this thread.

Oh please cut it with the incoherent blather. I have consistently called out the "political elite" of which Ekwueme was a key player. He happens to be the subject of this thread, which is why i mention his name... it could be anyone else. One would think you would be smart enough to have figured that out.

By the way, i am half-igbo and most of my close family is from there... unlike you though, i don't place a premium on a member of my tribe simply attaining a position. It is much more important that they execute that role (no matter how insignificant) with integrity, selflessness and putting the interests of their constituents first. Which of these can you say about Ekwueme? If all that is important to you is that an igbo man broke a glass ceiling to be named a ceremonial VP, then we are in deep trouble.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:19am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

Like humanity cares about a people who either don't realize when they are being openly raped by a rapacious elite or don't care because they themselves have the same mindset. Keeping quiet is why you're being sold as slaves in Libya in 2017... and you're pretending that everything is ok.
When it comes to Buhari being in London for months, we see people from somewhere justifying that wastage. But an old man who just passed away in the same London and not funded by the FG as it should have been, is being blamed because he is from a certain part of the country where it's normal to lay all the blame.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:19am On Nov 20, 2017
Goodnight, uncle Alex.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:20am On Nov 20, 2017
eagleeye2:

When it comes to Buhari being in London for months, we see people from somewhere justifying that wastage. But an old man who just passed away in the same London and not funded by the FG as it should have been, is being blamed because he is from a certain part of the country where it's normal to lay all the blame.

You don't want to hear what i have to say about Buhari... lets wait till he dies too.

1 Like

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by miqos02(m): 6:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Rip
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:21am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

Oh please cut it with the incoherent blather. I have consistently called out the "political elite" of which Ekwueme was a key player. He happens to be the subject of this thread, which is why i mention his name... it could be anyone else. One would think you would be smart enough to have figured that out.
He is dead. Now channel that hatred to the elites who are still living and ruining this country.
People like Buhari, Osibanjo, OBJ, etc.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by anonimi: 6:21am On Nov 20, 2017
eagleeye2:
When Buhari was in this same London none of you opened your vocal cavity to say pim... Moreover how many vice presidents are being blamed for the rut in the country? Or is it because Alex is from a certain part of the country where he should never have crossed the glass ceiling placed on his tribe?

Which "none of you"?
Are you speaking of yourself or what?

ChangeIsCostant:
The #ResumeorResign protesters are set to protest outside President Muhammadu Buhari London residence, popularly called the Abuja House, from Friday to Saturday, August 19. The protesters claimed to have received a permit and safety barriers from the UK police to conduct their protest.

The protest will reportedly hold all night long and protesters are advised to dress warm as they sit all night outside the president's residence demanding that he resume office or resign immediately.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/uk-police-spotted-abuja-house-nigerians-prepare-night-protest-photos.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5836009_fuha_jpeg8663421b1f0d9ade50e1e7396011feed

2 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by biafranrealson: 6:21am On Nov 20, 2017
gone is a great legend, RIP SIR
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:22am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

You don't want to hear what i have to say about Buhari... lets wait till he dies too.
Say it now that he is still living. The dead can do nothing anymore, but the living can still change and amend their ways.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by thesolutions(m): 6:22am On Nov 20, 2017
His gray hair tells of his age. His death calls for celebration.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Sluvist(m): 6:22am On Nov 20, 2017
Sorry! may you go and rest. it's ok
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by ugolinze123(m): 6:23am On Nov 20, 2017
RIP sir...the long rumoured death has finally happened..haters u can rest now
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:23am On Nov 20, 2017
eagleeye2:

He is dead. Now channel that hatred to the elites who are still living and ruining this country.
People like Buhari, Osibanjo, OBJ, etc.

I live in the United States... absolutely nothing will convince me to live in the same country as those old fools. It's worse that there are people here who sing the praises of morons who collect mind boggling salaries to keep their people in poverty in the 21st century.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Sixteen2012: 6:23am On Nov 20, 2017
Rest on Papa Alex.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Danladi7: 6:23am On Nov 20, 2017
The hausa fulani slave legend!

Rest in perfect peace and greet other slaves for us,the chief slave,Nnamdi azikwe who actually sold you guys to tafawa balewa,ojukwu who kissed shagari ass along with you in 1983 after your master/overlord has killed 3000 000 of there slaves loyal to him,sylvester udoh etc.....tell Abacha that Arthur nzeribe,his chief slave is down with stroke and he is also coming.

RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2017
biafranrealson:
gone is a great legend, RIP SIR

What made him a legend? His white hair?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:24am On Nov 20, 2017
anonimi:

Which "none of you"?
Are you speaking of yourself or what?

The man Alex Ekwueme is dead and can do nothing for anybody again. Better channel the energy of posting all these pictures to another person still living.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by anonimi: 6:26am On Nov 20, 2017
eagleeye2:
He was just the VICE PRESIDENT. Please channel your anger to the President then Shehu Shagari.

Did he resign because he was JUST the vice president
Did Ebitu Ukiwe not resign instead of being JUST Babangida's vice?
Let us learn to say and do right irrespective of who is involved.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3277784_fbimg1452093218973_jpegc10e9e69e640b4d758edf3c27e5a1dae

1 Like

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 6:26am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

What made him a legend? His white hair?
Let your Hate consume you.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 6:26am On Nov 20, 2017
eagleeye2:

Let your Hate consume you.

It isn't hate to call out the idiocy in your country. Where has your "love" taken you so far?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by madridguy(m): 6:27am On Nov 20, 2017
R.I.P sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP / MC Oluomo In US For Son’s Graduation (Photos) / Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Polling Unit At Ika North-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.