Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead (50566 Views)

NDIGBO: Now That Our Beloved ALEX EKWUEME Is No More / Alex Ekwueme Is Alive, Receiving Visitors, Sits Up & Eats / Alex Ekwueme Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2017
UBGG:

The man's dead. The current Government has an online page, why not take your faux e-activism there, no?

And since you're so 'patriotic', you should come down here and fix the rots you won't stop whining about.

The problem with fixing Nigeria is that i'll have to deal with fools like you who think 7 academic degrees is evidence of "achievement", that being pan Nigerian is the best thing ever and who obviously support building statues of the president of Liberia in Imo state. That alone is enough to put a grown man into depression... the problem with Nigeria isn't the infrastructural or political rot, it is the intellectual rot inherent in its people. That you cannot fix.

1 Like

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Obec70(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2017
Gentleman to the core, adieu papa you will be missed!
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Abagworo(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2017
RIP to one of the greatest Igbo men in history.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Abagworo(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

The problem with fixing Nigeria is that i'll have to deal with fools like you who think 7 academic degrees is evidence of "achievement", that being pan Nigerian is the best thing ever and who obviously support building statues of the president of Liberia in Imo state. That alone is enough to put a grown man into depression... the problem with Nigeria isn't the infrastructural or political rot, it is the intellectual rot inherent in its people. That you cannot fix.

One of the good things is that the reception of honour in Imo State is the last true appreciation of Ekwueme while still alive and healthy. Watch some people start honoring him now that he is dead.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by ufuosman(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2017
How many times dis man go die dis year?
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by edibobo: 8:13am On Nov 20, 2017
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Sage7(m): 8:14am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

Oh please cut it with the incoherent blather. I have consistently called out the "political elite" of which Ekwueme was a key player. He happens to be the subject of this thread, which is why i mention his name... it could be anyone else. One would think you would be smart enough to have figured that out.

By the way, i am half-igbo and most of my close family is from there... unlike you though, i don't place a premium on a member of my tribe simply attaining a position. It is much more important that they execute that role (no matter how insignificant) with integrity, selflessness and putting the interests of their constituents first. Which of these can you say about Ekwueme? If all that is important to you is that an igbo man broke a glass ceiling to be named a ceremonial VP, then we are in deep trouble.
Word!
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

I can't get through all of the mess up there. What are you? 12?
Dude, get back to me when you've mustered enough intelligible thoughts.

Oh! The current Government really does have a page and it's the perfect platform to soothe your relevance seeeking soul.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Stevegay(m): 8:16am On Nov 20, 2017
Rest in peace
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by TWoods(m): 8:18am On Nov 20, 2017
UBGG:

I can't get through all of the mess up there. What are you? 12?
Dude, get back to me when you've mustered enough intelligible thoughts.

Oh! The current Government really does have a page and it's the perfect platform to soothe your relevance seeeking soul.

You would have shocked me if you said anything different... you remind me of those folks supporting tithing. You are the quintessential Nigerian, full of emotional fury and nothing else. Good luck.

I'm sure you're aware that a government website has no platform to raise genuine grievance and that this is the reason forums like this exist... but of course, that would not square with your need to sound like you've got something oh so important to say.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Ubiquity: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

Why? What is painful about it? What legacy did he leave us? Abeg allow these old cargos to depart one by one.
3B fall on you. Brain, brain and more brain.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2017
awon aye won ti get man yii at last
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Ibematrix: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2017
Rest in Peace Sir Ekwueme. You came, saw and conquered. God be with you till we meet again. Adieu!
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by wingmanII: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

Why? What is painful about it? What legacy did he leave us? Abeg allow these old cargos to depart one by one.
What legacy he left behind? This is the height of ignorance. Please Google his name.

1 Like

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

You would have shocked me if you said anything different... you remind me of those folks supporting tithing. You are the quintessential Nigerian, full of emotional fury and nothing else. Good luck.

I'm sure you're aware that a government website has no platform to raise genuine grievance and that this is the reason forums like this exist... but of course, that would not square with your need to sound like you've got something oh so important to say.

Bleh!

Genuine grievance for a man who was Vice President all those years ago because you're too much of a coward to criticise the current Government.

The same cowardice which precluded you from criticising the said Alex while he had life in him. Unless, you only figured he was no 'good' an hour ago when he had already died, which will only confirm what I already think of you...

You know, some of us are actually devoted to practical services to our country beyond coming on a convenient forum to fight dead men.

So, keep it at. You're doing great, champ.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by emmyN(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2017
I thought they said he was talking, eating and recognizing people just now, mtchww. RIP
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by konoplyanka: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2017
Leez:

have u had ur hydraulic meal ds mrng??

yes. have you had your poo soup this morning?
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by wingmanII: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

Oh please cut it with the incoherent blather. I have consistently called out the "political elite" of which Ekwueme was a key player. He happens to be the subject of this thread, which is why i mention his name... it could be anyone else. One would think you would be smart enough to have figured that out.

By the way, i am half-igbo and most of my close family is from there... unlike you though, i don't place a premium on a member of my tribe simply attaining a position. It is much more important that they execute that role (no matter how insignificant) with integrity, selflessness and putting the interests of their constituents first. Which of these can you say about Ekwueme? If all that is important to you is that an igbo man broke a glass ceiling to be named a ceremonial VP, then we are in deep trouble.

Who cares if you are half Igbo or half cow? Silly ignorant bigot!
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by tony9k: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2017
@TMWoods. Actually while it is a fact that virtually all Nigerian politicians are there to loot the treasury, he was one of the relatively better ones. When the political actors if the second republic were probed he was the only one "who left government poorer than when he went in" He was also not the typical professional politician as he had a thriving architectural firm and was well educated. We actually need many more of such.

RIP.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 9:02am On Nov 20, 2017
konoplyanka:

have you forgotten that he was jailed for corruption?
And how can I forget that his principal Alh. Shehu Shagari was placed on HOUSE ARREST.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Leez(m): 9:02am On Nov 20, 2017
konoplyanka:

yes. have you had your poo soup this morning?
o yes.pls avoid ratak tho.i know ewedudeens love it since their hero awo na d ambassador grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 9:03am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

In your blind idiocy, you didn't realize i was simply playing on the quote in my post.
You are the one being an 1diot
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by sanpipita(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2017
konoplyanka:

Lol. he was jailed by Buhari. talk another thing.

He wasn't jailed but locked up in prison, that is no conviction, Buhari found him guilty of nothing, read your history.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by eagleeye2: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

I live in a country where i am guaranteed millions of dollars in pensions when i retire. You can enjoy building the next statue in Imo state to Alex Ekwueme. By the way, what London hospital are you flying to when next you're sick?
And what London hospital was Buhari taken to? Moreover you should be asleep by now given the time difference in the country you claimed to live. But know, your hatred keeps you awake.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by ratcockoduduwa: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2017
Rest in peace one of nigerians finest politicians.
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by Arysexy(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2017
The man with chains of degrees and masters degrees. RIP Sir
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by toprealman: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2017
nawtyme:
One of the most important persons in Igboland. I wonder who would replace him with at the moment and who we could listen to knowing our penchant for insubordination in the face of evil.

Rest in peace. Náa na ndụ kwa
I still de think am.....Arthur Eze et al? NAAaaaaaaaaa!
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by kense88: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2017
Leez:

o yes.pls avoid ratak tho.i know ewedudeens love it since their hero awo na d ambassador grin grin
Lol. You guys really need to stop all this hate comments. Lets learn how to love our neighbors
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by sanpipita(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2017
TWoods:

1. Saying someone is pan Nigerian is the same as saying that someone is breathing air. It is a meaningless statement that adds zero value to anyone.

2. He selflessly fought for return of democracy how? We only got democracy because Abacha died of natural causes, simple. I find it odd that you say he "didn't bother" after he lost the PDP presidential ticket. So was he "fighting for the return of democracy" because he cared for us or because he was more interested in achieving high office again so he could enrich himself? So it would be ok for him to not fight for democracy unless there is some political office he could gain? Strange.

3. Ekwueme may not have enriched himself, but he did nothing to fight for better living conditions for you either.

4. Staying true to character is another one of those empty statements that convey nothing of substance. True heroes are remembered for tangible achievements that impact the lives of others, not for "Staying true to character" as if the rest of us are staying false to character.

Do you realize Ekwueme rejected an offer of Senate President from Obasanjo after he lost Presidential primaries, if it was about political gain he had every mileage to milk it back then, he could easily cut deals but he didn't, Man Ekwueme was never associated with thuggery, violence and extortion, I repeat Ekwueme is a rare breed, he's type hardly exist in Nigeria's characterless polity anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by jobbers: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2017
rip
Re: Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead by sanpipita(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2017
tony9k:
@TMWoods. Actually while it is a fact that virtually all Nigerian politicians are there to loot the treasury, he was one of the relatively better ones. When the political actors if the second republic were probed he was the only one "who left government poorer than when he went in" He was also not the typical professional politician as he had a thriving architectural firm and was well educated. We actually need many more of such.

RIP.

'Saint Buhari' investigated Ekwueme and found nothing, they even realized he became poorer while in govt but some people who worship the worst of corrupt politicians want to talk.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nesma Galal: FFK Calls An Egyptian Woman "My Hatun" / Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Polling Unit At Ika North-East / Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.