Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? (21651 Views)

How Can Someone Recover Lost Certificates? / Help Terkimbi Tom To Recover His Missing Certificates / Lost Certificates And Other Items To Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Okite15(m): 7:06am On Nov 20, 2017
A friend just lost a folder containing his originals -SSCE,Statement of Result
and other important documents. Does anyone have an idea of getting them back from the institutions or is all hope lost?

Please suggestions are urgently needed.
Thanks
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by izzou(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2017
He should visit the nearest WAEC and NECO offices

As for the statement of result,his school can provide it

He should just be ready to spend some money wink

No hope is lost

5 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2017
sad

Thank God all you recieved from your university is a statement of result. You'll just have to go back to your school for them to issue another. Since it's not yet a certificate.

Though you know you'd have to go through the rigors of writing letters to offices in your school and waiting for approvals.
Because universities hardly reissue evidence of education.

All you have to do is to give it a try.

As far as SSCE result is concerned walk up to the school you obtained the result from or better go to WAEC office. Just hold a reasonable amount of money with you.

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2017
OK make we fry moi moi
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by crownedprinz(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
ask google...it has all certificates ..hehe
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by yungEX(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
OK make we fry moi moi
Oloshi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by ekems2017(f): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2017
Go to court with the photocopy and swear affidavit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2017
Through prayers

It works for me

3 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Lojekunle: 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
By looking for it nah...
See question ooooo

3 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
Kkkk...simple,he should go to the radio station and make an announcement
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by GreatEvilBeast(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
Chai. His village people have come for him, my dear there's a mountain to climb if hes ever gonna get some of the files replaced in this Nigerian Bureaucracy.

I don weak

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Sirakj(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
Go and get another ones from the institutions that gave them to you but at a price which may be expensive. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by drlaykay(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
He should take the exams again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Pvin: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2017
Start with affidavit, then proceed to the institution that issued the certificate and apply for a new one

3 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2017
May God help him, thanks ed stress enough will make him cry
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Tuljaking(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2017
Go to the institution board or office

Job at my profile
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by darkenkach(m): 7:38am On Nov 20, 2017
Move on with your life and forget about the damm certificate. If you want an elective position in the government, you can always get an affidavit.
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by NigerDeltan(m): 7:38am On Nov 20, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
OK make we fry moi moi

Wetin dey even dey worry una sef

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Jethrolite(m): 7:38am On Nov 20, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
OK make we fry moi moi
I feel sorry for your parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by cana882(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2017
(1) Get an affidavit from a court,

(2) go to waec office and apply for a new cert,

(3) repeat step 2 at your uni.

Estimated time before recovery of lost certs: 8months.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by ClitoPen: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2017
Pvin:
Start with affidavit, then proceed to the institution that issued the certificate and apply for a new one
I think he needs a police report too

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by internationalman(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2017
The money and stress will make him realise its not worth getting back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by baski92(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2017
Check all the places where they say acara for that una area, 65% sure say you go see am.. That's if the lucky woman never use am sell market, tank me leta
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2017
izzou:
He should visit the nearest WAEC and NECO offices

As for the statement of result,his school can provide it

He should just be ready to spend some money wink

No hope is lost
Op,what he said
Money and time is the only thing YOU will have to give up to achieve this.
Goodluck.
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by romoruyi(m): 7:46am On Nov 20, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by wumade: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2017
Someone was in your same position and all the institutions refused to issue a new one...they said they only issue it once.
Like someone said pray hard!!! If you have intentions of travelling abroad for studies, colleges and universities abroad do not accept affidavits. My friend eventually found all his documents intact!
You may try visiting all the institutions for reissuance, your case might be different.
I wish you the best; Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by dadavivo: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Through prayers

It works for me
like seriously

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by slapandfall(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2017
You can go and get ---- To whom it may concern----

I also lost my original SSCE result from NECO when we were about doing verification in school then .. that was about 6years ago.
All i did was to reprint the scores online through NECO website, do police extract and also went to the school where i wrote the NECO and asked them for my NECO result transcript stamped with the school stamp then I went to NECO office so they could stamp it for me.

As for the statement of result, go do a police extract asap and if you can get your transcript from your school, do that immediately and then process your orginal certificate from your school. Once you have the certificate from your school, i don't think the Statement of result is too important again.

Well interestingly, i have done my masters, worked in a big Nigerian Firm, worked in another 2 Multinationals and currently working in Europe.

All i mean is that... losing documents no mean say your life don end oo.
There is always a way out but just know that NO CERTIFICATE IS ISSUED TWICE as far as i know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by remsonik(f): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2017
They won't issue a new certificate you will only get a "To whom it may concern"
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by pharigoldltd: 7:58am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: How Can Someone Recover His Lost Certificates? by Okite15(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2017
OrestesDante:
sad

Thank God all you recieved from your university is a statement of result. You'll just have to go back to your school for them to issue another. Since it's not yet a certificate.

Though you know you'd have to go through the rigors of writing letters to offices in your school and waiting for approvals.
Because universities hardly reissue evidence of education.

All you have to do is to give it a try.

As far as SSCE result is concerned walk up to the school you obtained the result from or better go to WAEC office. Just hold a reasonable amount of money with you.

Thanks
quite helpful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covenant University Ranks 91st Best University Amongst Emerging Economies / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / 2017 JAMB Mock Examination Date & Registration Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.