Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Is It Possible To Convert My Fat To Muscles - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible To Convert My Fat To Muscles (368 Views)

Temitayo Abayomi Lawal Battles Cancer Of The Muscles, Needs N4m / My Fat Loosing Story / Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Convert My Fat To Muscles by chieyine(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2017
Fact or Fable: Can my fat be changed to muscles
Fact or Fable:
Do muscles in fat change when I stop training?
Fable! Muscle and fat are not the same.
A muscle is tissue that consists of cells that can contract and relax, allowing you to move.
Fat is a type of connective tissue that stores energy in the form of fat.
Why then do I gain weight when I stop exercising?

If you use your muscles less or not, they lose their elasticity and decrease in size.
And if you stop exercising, you use less energy.
You also need less energy (fuel).
This means that you have to adjust your diet if you do want to stop training: less food.
If you want to live healthy and want a healthy weight, then move and eat healthy.
Facts

Your body has more than 600 muscles.
Your body has different types of fat.Visceral fat is around the organs and has a function: the protection of those organs. However, a surplus is unfavorable for your health. Subcutaneous fat is everywhere in your body and is not that harmful to your health. And then there is brown fat: this fatty tissue keeps your body warm and keeps the metabolism up to standard. Adult people have only a minimal amount of brown fat.
Provide a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI). This is an index for weight in relation to body height and tells you something about the health risk of your body weight. Hope you know your BMI
The BMI is not always a useful measure, especially for intensive strength athletes. This is because a high muscle mass provides a higher weight. Therefore, athletes with a BMI of> 25 do not necessarily have health risks.

Source: www.justlosethatweight..com.ng/2017/11/fact-or-fable-do-muscles-in-fat-change.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows The Best Nigeria Health Insurance / Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure / 4 Easy Ways To Improve Your Posture (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.