Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" (64180 Views)

Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect / Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders A Young Person / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Martin0(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
gypsey:
she looks fantanstic! gorgeous tongue i like! how can were can i buy one of these shorts? very creative! this is what fashion is all about!

Gypsey gypsey
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by bamoski(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
That material isn't an ordinary ankara. You can't find it littered in the markets but a sacred material in Igbo culture used by Elders for traditional rites.

Oh please. What is so special about this clothe with cartoon characters?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by GavelSlam: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
freedom96:
If this diatribe was from a northerner you bloody hypocrites would be here jumping head over heels condemning Islam and muslims,accusing them of intolerance and all the usual tantrums you throw at them.Now that it's coming from Franklin-not Musa or Garba-a fellow 'civilized' and 'educated' 'southerner,what do you have to say Dan Ubanku!?? angry

Don't mind the hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by bigpicture001: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
y do u guyz think that young small boiz of igbo origin don't wear the red cap anyhow...?

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by mmsen: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
Forever bickering over nonsense.

The shorts look fine.

It isn't 'disrespect', disrespect would be using the print to make toilet paper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by rockyh(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
teresafaith:
Make the man take several sit backstage jare
What rubbish! I wear what I like cos I bought it with my money
shez lucky it's not in a village else she would go home unclad same goes for the red cap.its is a traditional clothing for titled men

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by GavelSlam: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
sprintscr7:
coming soon with isi agu...u people don't know anything...culture ko cultist ni

grin
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Gotze1: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Leez:

laudate and gotze1 wee kall her suffertiscated
Afonjas slaves since 1 B.C grin grin
Why mentioning my moniker, don't you have job?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Leez(m): 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
Gotze1:
Why menrioning my moniker, don't you have job?
ladies and gents see beneficiary of awo's free education grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by toprealman: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
That material isn't an ordinary ankara. You can't find it littered in the markets but a sacred material in Igbo culture used by Elders for traditional rites.
Not any more. China now mass produce them.....they are littered everywhere. The original is scarce and on the high side.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by nengibo: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Cc Amarabae
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Is isi agu not made of cotton. Did your ancestors bring it from heaven?

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by HashtagMoniker(m): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Speaks the truth
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by pocohantas(f): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
FrancisDiote:
Is isi agu not made of cotton. Did your ancestors bring it from heaven?

Flags are also made from cotton, yet countries attach respect to their individual flags lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by wonlasewonimi: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
what is so special about the apoche?

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Leez(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
Trendinghelm:
This is a total disrespect to our culture - man blast lady who made shorts out of this material
[img]https://2.bp..com/-bwpgcrmApv0/WhL3SlzfuXI/AAAAAAAAXzk/uAZPkn2g6nwvLTew_24KhtzdgnO8zPjJACLcBGAs/s1600/FB_IMG_1511178705680.jpg[/img]

A Facebook user Egunnaya Franklin has called out a lady for sewing short shorts with the ISI AGU material, worn mostly by the Igbos.

He wrote;

"Me, am not in support of this, it is an insult to the Igbo nation, come on, we have traditions for crying out loud, how can a full grown lady sew short with our ISI AGU, and you call it civilization, how many Hausa's and Yoruba's have been civilized to this point, it's a total disrespect to our tradition, I don't support evil"
[img]https://1.bp..com/-HR_VMiKCwA8/WhL3SrESwZI/AAAAAAAAXzg/d0Tv12-xOXIMZmtTQM139hWxOxg8AD5jwCLcBGAs/s1600/FB_IMG_1511178759845.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-RmgINSkHkGo/WhL3Sn2e98I/AAAAAAAAXzo/o2ojozFJxlsyP3uYsrycf1ROUZxHdnqxQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_20171120_125706_286.JPG[/img]

More @ http://trendinghelm..com/2017/11/this-is-total-disrespect-to-our-culture.html

ewedudeen children of hate trying so hard with silly propagandagrin grin
pathetic lot

2 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by jimmy212(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
OWN YOUR OWN ECOMMERCE SITE JUST LIKE KONGA AND JUMIA WITH NO START UP CAPITAL

You can own your own site just like konga and jumia with no start up capital and no need to worry about purchasing products this model is called DROPSHIPPING

When you run a drop shipping business, you sell goods without buying them first. Instead, you contract with a supplier who will send the goods directly to your customer. Because a drop shipping business has no overhead, you can usually run one out of your home or office.

1)You don't need to be an internet or computer guru to get started.
2)You don't need to have millions of naira to invest in the business
3)You don't need to have a personal computer to get started.
4)You don't need to have a shop or an office to get started.

OUR SERVICES:
1) we will create an ecommerce site for you
2) enable payment gateway and also you can receive bitcoin
3) Give you list of 30 selling products
4) Help you advertise your products to over 40 classifed site to drive traffic and sales to your site

Services charge is #30,000 only interested people should contact

Contact whatsap number: 09068139821
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Chynx(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
teresafaith:
Make the man take several sit backstage jare
What rubbish! I wear what I like cos I bought it with my money

Why don't you buy and wear military camouflage as well...after all, you bought it with your money.

Anu'mpama!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Chiboto414: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sweet babe and sweet outfit.nothong do u sweet babe
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Lilimax(f): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
simplemach:
They have deviated from our OMENANA and are now doing OMENENU
grin
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by uniqueogo(f): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
Florblu:
What's disrespctful in this?

No be today una dey sew shorts with ankara now.

my dear that's not an ordinary Ankara

its a special material for high chiefs with high chieftaincy title in igbo land

these sets of chief are recognised by that material and uses only by them
the material itself is very expensive and *children* especially females don't tamper with it

2 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by perdollar(m): 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
obviously ds one na extremist from Yoruba or hausaland. see him bear bear sef don show say na one mallam or afonja Mohammedan
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Mrkumareze(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
DWJOBScom:

God bless you
We probably wouldn't have things to teach our children.

We have lost it all bro. We adapt useless things easily leaving the good tradition meant for us. I have lived among Chinese and Indians for years, they have their tradition first before any other thing. A certain time of the year u see Indian placing mango leaves or sugar canes at their door, both the rich and poor do the same but here in Eastern part we have lost it all. Even communial greetings are vanishing.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by zolapower: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
She should enter Imo State with that bum-short and pass by the market with it. Market women will reset her brain to factory setting. grin
Maybe they should start by pulling down the status erected by ur able gov in the person of okorohausa ,before stoning the innocent lady for expressing her freedom to fashion . The isi agu is now a quran that when trampled upon it calls for jihad . Mcheeew ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Danladi7: 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
what we yorubas call "Apoche" Aso aga.

meaning "chair cloth" grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Mrkumareze(m): 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2017
Patheos:

Nah the bold part they vex me pass, they think everything is all about fashioncry

E dey irritate me bro.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by NonsoPlatinum: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZWXvT7Xd4&t=4s&list=PL1UutY7_uGmtEGSsfb34VMHIHePjy67xV&index=8
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by wtfcoded: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Florblu:
What's disrespctful in this?

No be today una dey sew shorts with ankara now.
grin Not with our 'Isi Agu'. It's an insult to the manhood.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by toolovely(m): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Do Igbos still have culture? It's dead already. The present day generation have bastardised the Igbo culture and traditions. I pity igbos because, very soon, Igbo language will go into extinction.
Our young people are proud to speak Yoruba or hausa but shy to speak their native Igbo language and call it civilisation....

1 Like

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by wtfcoded: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Leez:
ewedudeen children of hate trying so hard with silly propagandagrin grin pathetic lot
grin grin no mind the children of propaganda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Leez(m): 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
toolovely:
Do Igbos still have culture? It's dead already. The present day generation have bastardised the Igbo culture and traditions. I pity igbos because, very soon, Igbo language will go into extinction.
Our young people are proud to speak Yoruba or hausa but shy to speak their native Igbo language and call it civilisation....
dont use lagos to judge ndigbo biko
our culture will neva fade

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / The Igala People In Anambra State / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.