Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" (64232 Views)

Oba Adamson Punches, Injures Chief, Alleges Disrespect / Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders A Young Person / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Florblu(f): 7:32am On Nov 21, 2017
Tobium1:

Fyi, not all prints are ankara
And where did I mention all prints are Ankara.
You need to be careful when quoting me please
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Florblu(f): 7:43am On Nov 21, 2017
Tobium1:

Fyi, not all prints are ankara
And where did I mention all prints are Ankara.
You need to be careful when quoting me please
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by cao(f): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2017
After all this talk, I still want to own it.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by gladlacute(f): 9:33am On Nov 21, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I want this material, who can supply me??
I can
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2017
I am serious
gladlacute:

I can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by MsFaith: 9:43am On Nov 21, 2017
teresafaith:
Make the man take several sit backstage jare
What rubbish! I wear what I like cos I bought it with my money
Is Theresa Faith your full name? Cus it's mine.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2017
Modelqwen:

Which yeye meaning do u want to attach to it? Isi agu wey kids even new born dey wear now....
curse for cloth wey man design & made..

curse ko, craze ni
I think the question you should ask yourself is; was it meant to be so?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by teresafaith: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2017
MsFaith:
Is Theresa Faith your full name? Cus it's mine.
Really?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Kfed4ril(m): 10:52am On Nov 21, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I want this material, who can supply me??

How many yards?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2017
Enough to sew 3 natives
Kfed4ril:

How many yards?
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by mechanics(m): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2017
Florblu:
What's disrespctful in this?

No be today una dey sew shorts with ankara now.
I don't know for him o. He just want to be popular.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Icon79(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Exactly! The good book was talking about anything in your culture that pertaineth to men and that should include: isi agu, men's short knicker etc etc.

O pari

Modelqwen:

Trash.... so bible was talking abt Isi agu?...
hhhmmmm.... tellme more biko.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by nengibo: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
rabzy:
how old is this culture and tradition. are there pictures of igbo chiefs wearing this cloth in the 1800 or early 1900. I believe it is a recent trend and such trends dont last. Why should the woman be lynched for a decades old tradition.
Cc Amarabae
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by freedom96: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
DWJOBScom:

This is extreme and i disagree.

When something which is worn or woven for elders is abused , it must be said/pointed out. It's just the same way you see a child doing something not right and discipline and watch it... someone will reprimand you for ruining the child's self-confidence.

You appear too passionate over things
Would you have cared for all this explanation if the person involved was a northerner?I am trying to point out hypocrisy,you talking passion.Continue.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by DWJOBScom(m): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
freedom96:
Would you have cared for all this explanation if the person involved was a northerner?I am trying to point out hypocrisy,you talking passion.Continue.

Something is not right and it's been pointed and you think it's hypocrisy

I should stop teaching or even learning
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by gladlacute(f): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I am serious
So am I
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by MsFaith: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
teresafaith:

Really?

Yes smiley
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by cao(f): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2018
And thanks to all this hoopla, I'm now a proud owner of the ensemble.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by Konquest: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
Trendinghelm:
This is a total disrespect to our culture - man blast lady who made shorts out of this material
[img]https://2.bp..com/-bwpgcrmApv0/WhL3SlzfuXI/AAAAAAAAXzk/uAZPkn2g6nwvLTew_24KhtzdgnO8zPjJACLcBGAs/s1600/FB_IMG_1511178705680.jpg[/img]

A Facebook user Egunnaya Franklin has called out a lady for sewing short shorts with the ISI AGU material, worn mostly by the Igbos.

He wrote;

"Me, am not in support of this, it is an insult to the Igbo nation, come on, we have traditions for crying out loud, how can a full grown lady sew short with our ISI AGU, and you call it civilization, how many Hausa's and Yoruba's have been civilized to this point, it's a total disrespect to our tradition, I don't support evil"
[img]https://1.bp..com/-HR_VMiKCwA8/WhL3SrESwZI/AAAAAAAAXzg/d0Tv12-xOXIMZmtTQM139hWxOxg8AD5jwCLcBGAs/s1600/FB_IMG_1511178759845.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-RmgINSkHkGo/WhL3Sn2e98I/AAAAAAAAXzo/o2ojozFJxlsyP3uYsrycf1ROUZxHdnqxQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_20171120_125706_286.JPG[/img]

More @ http://trendinghelm..com/2017/11/this-is-total-disrespect-to-our-culture.html

Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by okwabayi(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
This thread feels familiar. Anyway, I like it. I won't mind getting the same getup.
Re: Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" by firstflight: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
Maynation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks / Photos Of The Women Who Have Left Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.