Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? (3679 Views)

Ndi Enugu B'anyi Our Poverty Index Is 60%: Return Home / Boko Haram No Longer Attracting Membership – President Buhari / Ndi Anambra B'anyi, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Danladi7: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
wiseEast:

Ibadan was know as a broken China Big Slum of brown roofs not a city.
I know IPOB terrorist will hate that grin
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Danladi7: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
wiseEast:

Ibadan was know as a broken China Big Slum of brown roofs not a city.
I know a pained IPOB terrorist will hate that fact grin

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Ofemannnu: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
Stingman:
"....This is why I don't blame Lagos state government officials trying through legislation to preserve the Yoruba character of Lagos by compelling Yoruba teaching in schools and also holding legislative deliberations in Yoruba..."

OP will you also not blame the FCT minister if Gwari is made compulsory in Abuja?

Lagos has always been distinct from the rest of the Yoruba cities...

...Lagos Colony was a British colonial possession centred on the port of Lagos in what is now southern Nigeria. Lagos was annexed on 6 August 1861 under the threat of force by Commander Beddingfield of HMS Prometheus who was accompanied by the Acting British Consul, William McCoskry. Oba Dosunmu of Lagos (spelled "Docemo" in British documents) resisted the cession for 11 days while facing the threat of violence on Lagos and its people, but capitulated and signed the Lagos Treaty of Cession.[1] Lagos was declared a colony on 5 March 1862.[2] By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population over 60,000.[3] In the aftermath of prolonged wars between the mainland Yoruba states, the colony established a protectorate over most of Yorubaland between 1890 and 1897.[4] The colony and protectorate were incorporated into Southern Nigeria in February 1906, and Lagos became the capital of the protectorate of Nigeria in January 1914.[2] Since then, Lagos has grown to become the largest city in West Africa, with an estimated metropolitan population of over 9,000,000 as of 2011.[5]

Leave Lagos alone and go fight for Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, Ado Ekiti, etc...

lol..meaning:Lagos was or is owned or own by the whites who colonised the Igbos?
Aworis who are Yorubas from Ife should not claim their ancestral land anymore even after the whites were unable to carry it to their native land after the possession.
Yorubas own all Yorubaland with their kith and kin no matter where they come from.Any attack on Ibadan,Osun,Ondo,Ekiti,Ogun,Lagos and even Kwara with 90% Yorubas and Okun is an attack on the Yoruba race..ask Ojuku.
No matter how much you shout and cry on the internet... Yoruba will continue to own Lagos as it was from inception before all the intruders came along.
This is why the economy and all other important indices for the growth of a state is in the hands of the Yorubas,Yorubas control the destiny of Lagos...no matter where they came from...IMMIGRANTS LIKE THE IGBOS WHO ARE PROVOKINGLY ANNOYING WILL HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME AT THE END OF THE DAY.A STITCH IN TIME,SAVES NINE.

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Ofemannnu: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
wiseEast:
so long as you are igbo not ibo you must surely be hated.

because of culture clash with others out there/

i.e ibos are those without any knowledge of igbo culture.
Ibo=Igbo
Igbo=Ibo
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
aribisala0:

They do not boast because they have made money. That is too simplistic .
Are they the only ones who have made money? Are there no Hausas or Yorubas with money?
Many boast who HAVE NO MONEY.
The issue is about the fundamental nature of a people going back to antiquity.They boast because they are crude and crass with little civilization or culture. They boast because deep down there is a profound sense of inadequacy which partially fuels the acquisition of wealth.
We must ask the question what really is the purpose of wealth? Does a man become so wealthy that he develops wings and starts to fly.
The Igbo mind set is that when a man becomes rich he is above those without money and he can if he likes order them to be flogged if they offend him. The Igbo man has no other concept of "Now that I am rich what next?". No sense of community that does not involve massaging his ego. If he engages in charity it is to boost his importance and ego. That is why titles are so important to them.
An Igbo man cannot accept anonymity if he has money. People MUST KNOW HIM

The truth is that money itself is viewed as a tool for oppression. In Igboland money can permit you to silence your elders. The Igbo world view is that when those who have money are talking those without should be silent no matter how old or experienced.

When people say Igbos shoul invest home I laugh. It will not happen because there is no name to be made anymore in Onitsha or Nnewi
It must be Ragos or Abuja

Ah.......our favorite pretentious charlatan is here again. Today he's also a psycho-analyst among his many professions and areas of expertise. Don't kid yourself. I know a million and one Igbos that are a thousand times the person you are. And infinitely more "cultured". I'm not here to engage in any petty ethnic sniping (only uncultured cretins think they have a monopoly of spewing bigoted stereotypes) so go peddle your racist horseshiiit where it belongs. There's no shortage of appropriate articles to pour your illiterate bile.

Cultured? One would think the clown comes from Paris or Rome or Venice or something. Cultured? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by aribisala0(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
During busy periods I might not have time to reply every idiot who quotes me. If you don't get a response please understand. So many people quote me and I have to deal with the smart guys first
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by ofai: 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
aribisala0:
During busy periods I might not have time to reply every idiot who quotes me. If you don't get a response please understand. So many people quote me and I have to deal with the smart guys first

I really sympathize with your forbears.... You almost sounded smart and coherent.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by aribisala0(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
You are 22 in the queue
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by horsepower101: 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
gidgiddy:

Very stupid write up. As you said, Fulani herdsmen slaughter people all over the country, they dont attract that level of hatred

Boko Haram and islamic fundamentalists up North slaughter people, they dont attract that level of hatred

Niger Delta militants go on the rampage destroying Oil installation, they dont attract hatred.

The Igbo man opens his mouth and talks, they this is the worst form of hatred.

Something is wrong with Nigerians. What is wrong with Igbos saying that Lagos is no mans land? If Yorubas like, they can Enugu is no mans land, most Igbos would not care.

Igbos are not in Nigeria to please Yorubas or Hausas and if the other ethnic groups dont like it, they should come together and agree to grant Igbos their separate country. Why would anyone want to be with someone they dont like?

But to be hating on Igbos with one side of the mouth while insisting on one united Nigeria is ridiculous.

Nigerians should learn to take Igbos are they are or grant them their own country. Put up, or shut up.

I million gbams... see finishing
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by LasGidiOwner: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
You have said it all.

gidgiddy:

Very stupid write up. As you said, Fulani herdsmen slaughter people all over the country, they dont attract that level of hatred

Boko Haram and islamic fundamentalists up North slaughter people, they dont attract that level of hatred

Niger Delta militants go on the rampage destroying Oil installation, they dont attract hatred.

Something is wrong with Nigerians. What is wrong with Igbos saying that Lagos is no mans land? If Yorubas like, they can Enugu is no mans land, most Igbos would not care.

Igbos are not in Nigeria to please Yorubas or Hausas and if the other ethnic groups dont like it, they should come together and agree to grant Igbos their separate country. Why would anyone want to be with someone they dont like?

But to be hating on Igbos with one side of the mouth while insisting on one united Nigeria is ridiculous.

Nigerians should learn to take Igbos are they are or grant them their own country. Put up, or shut up.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by tifany89(m): 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
gidgiddy:

Nigerians should learn to take Igbos are they are or grant them their own country. Put up, or shut up
Very sensible comment if not the most sensible. Don't mind that idiot of an OP claiming Igbo and spewing rubbish . Even with all the atrocities and havoc being committed by Fulani herdsmen and u claim they are still not hated then the only reason for the hatred towards Igbos is pure jealousy . What else could it be ? I don't care about lagos or anywhere else but truth is as long as we remain citizens of this country then Lagos just like every other state belongs to all Nigerians . Very senseless commenters, lazy set of urchins

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by tifany89(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=Obi1kenobi post=62575151]

Thing is in most places, the most affluent people tend to be politicians, corporate executives, industrialists etc who tend to be refined. Anambrarians, while we have many in this professional class to rival almost anyone, also have a disproportionate number of affluent people who are traders. A great many of them lack a certain refinement and display their wealth and success in vulgar ways. These are the boastful class. Your average Imo, Enugu or Ebonyi indigene are not really like that. The state that is most similar in that character bu ndi Abia - also because of the huge class of traders.[/quot
e]
Dude stop spewing gibberish coz u disgust me . What mumu class are you talking about ? The one being exhibited by lawmakers fighting in the national assembly and disgracing the country or what , look man you don't have a point . You think is easy doing business in nigeria and be successful at it ? Why not venture into business afterall the market is open for everyone . Am not even surprised that u r too daft to realise that business itself is a form of education . I don't even know why am quoting someone that is so dense that he referred to politicans as being refined. What do u know about politics ?dude am seriously ashamed of your education coz it seems to be a waste

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by tifany89(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=Obi1kenobi post=62575151]

Thing is in most places, the most affluent people tend to be politicians, corporate executives, industrialists etc who tend to be refined. Anambrarians, while we have many in this professional class to rival almost anyone, also have a disproportionate number of affluent people who are traders. A great many of them lack a certain refinement and display their wealth and success in vulgar ways. These are the boastful class. Your average Imo, Enugu or Ebonyi indigene are not really like that. The state that is most similar in that character bu ndi Abia - also because of the huge class of traders.[/quot
e]
Dude stop spewing gibberish coz u disgust me . What mumu class are you talking about ? The one being exhibited by lawmakers fighting in the national assembly and disgracing the country or what , look man you don't have a point . You think is easy doing business in nigeria and be successful at it ? Why not venture into business afterall the market is open for everyone . Am not even surprised that u r too daft to realise that business itself is a form of education . I don't even know why am quoting someone that is so dense that he referred to politicans as being refined. What do u know about politics ?dude am seriously ashamed of your education coz it seems to be a waste .
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by tifany89(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
igbodefender:
I liked so many points in your original post, but not this one. This one is sounding anti Anambra and anti Abia. Obi, Mba nu!
That has been the aim surprised u didn't see it from the word go . Senseless post and senseless op

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
The op is among the few sensible igbos you can find anywhere. Very refined individual. He needs to talk sense to his fellow igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Ejanla07: 7:54am On Nov 22, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I'm not insulting Anambrarians or anything. Anambra is the historical and cultural heartland of ala Igbo. Anambra has produced a lot of accomplished sons in all fields of endeavour. Probably only Ogun surpass us in this. It's still the truth though that Anambrarians can be very arrogant in a way many find repellent. Obiano's statement the other typifies this classic arrogance. It's also no surprise or coincidence that the other Igbo governor to have made similarly provocative statements in an Abian. grin
Anambra and Abia. Onitsha and Aba. They represent tthe ultimate stereotypes of Ndigbo.

mr man. if you re not from Anambra. you re finished.
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Ejanla07: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2017
the op is not igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by honourhim: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2017
nku5:
Obiano's yarn was unnecessary, poorly researched and loud. Na wetin

That Obiano statement wasn't necessary at all. He just messed up.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Agentsmith002: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2017
worthy of note here is that the Op has never defended Igbo nor Igbo interest here

so we can categorically categorise him as one of those efulefus in the class of Joe yorubakwe

obi1kenobi1 is not Igbo but Lagos Igbo please

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2017
Igbo amaka smiley

Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Marcelo290(m): 9:22am On Nov 22, 2017
You actually have a point, but you were trying hard to be objective which made you look like a hater and the level of your objectivity, questioned.

You people here take things too serious!
Re: Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 22, 2017
Agentsmith002:
worthy of note here is that the Op has never defended Igbo nor Igbo interest here

so we can categorically categorise him as one of those efulefus in the class of Joe yorubakwe

obi1kenobi1 is not Igbo but Lagos Igbo please
OP is a jealous Igbo phobic never-do-well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Begs Akpabio To Shelve Plans To Move 15 Senators Out Of PDP / Opinion: Let Me Give You Guys An Idea of What Will Happen To Ambode / Gombe Government To Digitize Attendance Of Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.