Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News (2795 Views)

Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong / NYSC Begins Registration For Batch A 2015 Mobilization, Check Verification List / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2010
Insecurity: NYSC begins withdrawal of corps members from Plateau, Ebonyi
By Our Correspondent, Published: Wednesday, 24 Mar 2010

Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig-Gen. Maharazu TsigaDirector-General, National Youth Service Corps, Brig-Gen. Maharazu Tsiga

The Director General of the National Youths Service Corps, Brig.-Gen. Maharazu Tsiga, has said that the agency has started the withdrawal of corps members from states where their security could not be guaranteed. Tsiga said this on Wednesday while visiting the NYSC Orientation Camp in Ise/Emure area of Ekiti State .

He said that the NYSC could no longer continue to allow the lives of corps members to be endangered by crisis. According to him, the service will no allow the unfortunate incident where three corps members were slaughtered by extremists in Jos to repeat itself. Tsiga said: “We have already started withdrawing all our corps members from places where their security and safety are been threatened.

“Those in Plateau State by the special grace of God, we are going to withdraw all of them and relocate them to a place where we can be sure of their security and guarantee their safety. “Also, we have a place in Ebonyi State called Ezilo where there is silent killings we have already withdrawn all our corps members from the community. “Because it is when their security is assured that we know that their service are needed in that particular state.

“I have been saying that anywhere there is a security threat to corps members definitely the corps members are going to be withdrawn from that community or local government or that state.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010032422234250
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by desgiezd(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
About time!
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
The withdrawal is long over due. We cannot allow these vibrant guys be slaughtered by these devil's agents!. My only surprise is Ebonyi!. Why Ebonyi?
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by 18platoon(m): 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
@oboma1, cos ebonyi is not stable (peace wise), its just that the mainstream media is downplaying it.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2010
That is a good news and hope those states will do something to make sure that they take care of the security of their states.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2010
18 platoon:

@oboma1, cos ebonyi is not stable (peace wise), its just that the mainstream media is downplaying it.

Apart  from some little communal clashes, the state has not really been known for hostility, except they have skeleton in their cupboard according to NYSC DG.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by safeact(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
D game of politics in naija. Ebönyi case has eaten human heads more than we can imagine. It has really trauncated biz activities there. Just yesterday, d people of Ezillo opened a fire on d commercial buses plying d express way and killed some innocent citizens that doesnt have anything to do with d problem. It was reported that BEJOY pure water van was among d buses affected in d yesterday's shoot out! Insecurity in every states of naija.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
safeact:

D game of politics in naija. Ebönyi case has eaten human heads more than we can imagine. It has really trauncated biz activities there. Just yesterday, d people of Ezillo opened a fire on d commercial buses plying d express way and killed some innocent citizens that doesnt have anything to do with d problem. It was reported that BEJOY pure water van was among d buses affected in d yesterday's shoot out! Insecurity in every states of naija.

Ebonyi state really baffles me here, becos I have had cause to follow things in that state when I was schooling around that zone. Yes, I know they even eat humans in that state, but the silent level it attained bothers me. Hardly will you hear even the media reports events about that state, but secret killings happens there. I used to regard that state, as one that was not too problematic (outside communal clashes), but for the fact that these silent killings persist, then it calls for concern.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by chosen04(f): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
desgiezd:

About time!

Exactly,

It time we SCRAP that trash called NYSC.

Oboma1:

The withdrawal is long over due. We cannot allow these vibrant guys be slaughtered by these devil's agents!. My only surprise is Ebonyi!. Why Ebonyi?

Well said dude!
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Enjoyment1(f): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
Oboma1:

“Also, we have a place in Ebonyi State called Ezilo where there is silent killings we have already withdrawn all our corps members from the community. “Because it is when their security is assured that we know that their service are needed in that particular state.

“I have been saying that anywhere there is a security threat to corps members definitely the corps members are going to be withdrawn from that community or local government or that state.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010032422234250

Even in Ebonyi too? state of Emergency needs to be declared on security situation of this nation. No part of Nigeria is save again. It is about time the entire programme is scrapped, becos it has outlived its relevance!.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by safeact(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
Mmmh, No they dnt eat human! I concur with u on d silent killings and d media not reporting them! Hundreds of human heads have gone down at that zone plus properties worth million and yet no media report. On d issue of NYSC, well, it is a nice program geared towards enriching some individual and creating employment for people. Imagine when they told us that d NYSC kit is worth N70g when on a normal ground its obvious that they are not up to N25g.? Multiply d möney with d no of people going 4 service at every year and u will what i mean. In another way shaa, i was opportuned to visit north which on d normal day, i will not have dreamt of that. This exposed me to their way of life which is entirely different from ours! I lived in fear throughout but i learnt something.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Enjoyment1(f): 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2010
safeact:

Imagine when they told us that d NYSC kit is worth N70g when on a normal ground its obvious that they are not up to N25g.? Multiply d möney with d no of people going 4 service at every year and u will what i mean. In another way shaa, i was opportuned to visit north which on d normal day, i will not have dreamt of that. This exposed me to their way of life which is entirely different from ours! I lived in fear throughout but i learnt something.

That is the reason why I want the entire programme scrapped. Even now, there is an sms circulating that Southerners should not buy stuffs from Northeners, that they are poisoned. All those craps!, which I do not believe, yet, I do not ignore. Serving one's father land under fear, makes whatever programme a bull-shit!.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by selingel: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2010
Why do we always do the right thing, after so many lives have been lost?
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by safeact(m): 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
Which rite have they done? The case of ebonyi is more serious than what u think and yet d govt is still taking it for granted and many lives are lost there at each day! Corpers and other people can't pass thru that area without praying God to forgive ur sins and accept ur soul, else u give tnx if scare tru unhurt. They(people) are trapped in that city!
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by selingel: 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2010
safeact:

Which rite have they done? The case of ebonyi is more serious than what u think and yet d govt is still taking it for granted and many lives are lost there at each day! Corpers and other people can't pass thru that area without praying God to forgive your sins and accept your soul, else u give tnx if scare tru unhurt. They(people) are trapped in that city!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by selingel: 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
This has really added credence to the assumption that, Nigerian media is "Western Nigeria Media". How can such a place exist in a country, when the country is not going through civil war?.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2010
selingel:

This has really added credence to the assumption that, Nigerian media is "Western Nigeria Media". How can such a place exist in a country, when the country is not going through civil war?.

This has nothing really to do with the media, even though the media was supposed to act as watch dog against bad policy and bring to government's attention, deficiency is leadership. The Nigerian government is a failure, and has always been a failure. Examples of these are just too numerous: Boko Haram existed, and government knew about their activities, yet they did nothing until souls were lost. Even after then, they knew about Kala katu, and still waited until they went on rampage, killing many. The now famous Jos crisis did not start yesterday. It existed even during the IBB era, and most especially when he created the local government that really gave the Hausa's mouth to talk. Nothing was done to nip it at the initial stage, because too much lip service were offered. Now that it has become a monster, they still do not have a solution. What a nation! (shakes head and walk away).
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Demdem(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2010
Come to think of it, Which state is really secure that corpers will be happy to stay in and serve undecided Abegii they should scrap the damn tin called NYSC.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2010
Demdem:

Come to think of it, Which state is really secure that corpers will be happy to stay in and serve undecided Abegii they should scrap the damn tin called NYSC.

Why not address the ones that is known to be insecured. Are you from the two states mentioned?
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by dustydee: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2010
Question: Is there anywhere in Nigeria today where security is guaranteed?
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 10:41am On Mar 25, 2010
dustydee:

Question: Is there anywhere in Nigeria today where security is guaranteed?

Irrespective of restiveness in Nigeria, there are still places, where there are less security matters in Nigeria e.g. Calabar Municipality. There are less security issues there, except a pocket of robbery cases, and it exist anywhere in the world.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Demdem(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2010
^^^^^ Calabar could be cool now but eh, for how long. If the rest of the nation except calabar isnt cool then its just a matter of time. As far as i am concerned, we are all on our own as far as security is concerned in this nation.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2010
Demdem:

^^^^^ Calabar could be cool now but eh, for how long. If the rest of the nation except calabar isnt cool then its just a matter of time. As far as i am concerned, we are all on our own as far as security is concerned in this nation.

It is just not Calabar, by there are a few capitals, where one can stay in Nigeria (though they are not economically viable, but they are peaceful), but it does not change the fact that, there is no security in Nigeria. I had to mention this, because you where saying, every part of Nigeria is very hot, and not habitable. That is the meaning I got from your post.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by ud4u: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2010
Nigeria is a land of insecurity. There is no security anywhere in Nigeria.

Just pray not to step on anybody's toes, that one na akamu case
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2010
ud4u:

Nigeria is a land of insecurity. There is no security anywhere in Nigeria.

Just pray not to step on anybody's toes, that one na akamu case

Have you been to my village to see the level of security? You can even leave your wares outside and go home, without any rat tempering with it. A village where you can sleep with your three eyes closed. I mean every single word. It is a shame, that security in most part of this nation, does not exist, hence the generalisation here.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by marocguy(m): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2010
Obomo. I agree wit u. Calabar municipality is by far one of d safest place i've been in nigeria. Dats where i'm privileged 2 be doin my n.y.s.c nw. Guess am just lucky. Pity those servn in those insecure areas. As they do it 4 nigeria,our fatherland. God will protect them
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2010
marocguy:

Obomo. I agree wit u. Calabar municipality is by far one of d safest place i've been in nigeria. Dats where i'm privileged 2 be doin my n.y.s.c nw. Guess am just lucky. Pity those servn in those insecure areas. As they do it 4 nigeria,our fatherland. God will protect them

Thank God someone is confirming what I said about Calabar. I schooled there, and I have been to most part of the state capital. What is just happening here is that, since most part of Nigeria is not save, it is assumed that, Nigeria as a whole is not. Who will believe that, even though we hear little or nothing about Ebonyi, but it is getting worse than even Jos, if not for the casualty figure?.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by dustydee: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2010
Oboma1:

Irrespective of restiveness in Nigeria, there are still places, where there are less security matters in Nigeria e.g. Calabar Municipality. There are less security issues there, except a pocket of robbery cases, and it exist anywhere in the world.
don't forget that you are not far away from Calabar south where all those miscreants are.You can't tell me you don't go to calabar south even if you live in the municipality.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2010
How many of the miscreants are there compared to others in other states? Lets start comparing?
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Oboma1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2010
Those guys are just masquerade addicts, who sometimes involve themselves in supremacy struggle amongst themselves. How does that bother you? How many visitors to the state have they reported missing, or kidnapped compared to the what is happening in other states. Please face facts and do not look for how to score cheap points. Mind you, I am not from that zone, but just schooled there. My own state, is war front now, so what are you saying!.
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Otobroto(f): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2010
dustydee:

don't forget that you are not far away from Calabar south where all those miscreants are.You can't tell me you don't go to calabar south even if you live in the municipality.

Compare what is happening in my state, or even Calabar South as you sited, to what is happening in the most peaceful part of your state?
Re: Insecurity: Nysc Begins Withdrawal Of Corps Members From Plateau, Ebonyi - News by Otobroto(f): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
As for what NYSC is doing now, it is better for these students, as the number of them killed of recent is not encouraging, rather, it is making more people join their voice in the quest to scrap the entire programme!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ewoo! See The Oversized Trousers This Female Corper Was Given (photos) / Nysc 2019 Batch B Callup Letter Is Out / To You Friend And Colleagues NYSC Batch B 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.