Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Question On Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Question On Ghana (2817 Views)

Please I Need Update On Ghana To Nigeria By Bus / A Nigeria Going On Ghana Trip From France / U.S. Imposes Visa Restrictions On Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question On Ghana by Athena4: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please . I need help with an urgent matter.
I have an account with Access bank in Nigeria. Do I need some sort of requirement in order to withdraw or continue regular activities in Access banks in Ghana?
Is my Nigerian account valid in Ghana or do I need to do something?
Pls help. I don't want to be stranded.

I also need tips.
For a three week stay in Ghana.
As soon as I get there.
* Where is it advisable to change money
*How much(naira) do two persons need for three weeks?
* An affordable hotel/guesthouse.
*How do I get access to cash in general?

Fallawx
cochtrane
gypsey
cardoso111
Willy30
Makydebbie (omo Ghana!)
360command

You guys are good at Ghana and travel stuff. Pleeaaaaase help a sister!
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Athena4:
I have an account with Access bank in Nigeria. Do I need some sort of requirement in order to withdraw or continue regular activities in Access banks in Ghana?

I also need tips.
As soon as I get there.

Fallawx
cochtrane
gypsey
cardoso111
Willy30
Makydebbie (omo Ghana!)
360command

OK....

I remember wat a Ghanaian banker said to me.. She said " for the fact that our bank (zenith) is a Nigerian bank, we are not on the same platform... "

Your access bank would work for you if you have ATM card but keep in mind that students or Nigerians complained abt having difficulty receiving money thru ATM.. Due to buhari policy.. I don't know if it is OK now..

Also, if you are stranded, with access bank, u are allowed to send WU or moneygram.. Other banks, WU or moneygram were blocked.. Note: this policy cud have changed by now..

Naira seems not to have the strength it usedto but I can tell you that you need to carry much money.

If you are traveling by road, change your money in ghana border.. Don't know what the rate is now..

Getting access to cash, I have told you already.. But if you have money and business oriented.. You can buy some stuff in nigeria to sell in ghana.. You can buy a phone(infinix, iPhone 5(the finger print feature) 6, ps2,3,4.. And sell in their local market.. Even if it is 5000 naira gain, it is still "getting access to cash".. Don't just be greedy.

For hotels/guesthouse.. I stayed in kumasi.. Find guesthouse in TUC, kumasi... 80-100cedis per night. Or hotels in Suame, kumasi (there are cheaper hotels/guesthouse in suame, kumasi) though TUC is more residential but Suame is more street.. But this is Ghana, it is still partially OK. Their hotels are clean..

Buy a carton of can drinks if u do not want to spend much money in ghana.. Can drinks, bottle coke are expensive.. Though I hear bottle coke is 1cedi (300ml) at against 2cedi..

If u want to eat, buy fried rice,
Local food: ask for abeytear(like amala) with groundnut soup, or TZ with ayoyo (ewedu).. Waakye is good but because of d smell, u might hate it.. Buy Gorbe (oil beans with plantain).. Note: I am just writing their local food to the way u can pronounce them if u ask people on d street on where to buy them.. Cos u will think you have money but ghana cedi dey zap...

Learn to take trotro(danfo) and when reaching your destination, say "mesiwaa-(owa) "..

Please, drop your Nigerian dirty swag thinking nigeria is giant of Africa..

Don't carry weed.. It is a serious crime.. Even if it is a stick..

Lastly, help me tell Maa bena, akos, Ama, akua, yaa I miss them all.. To those Kwame, koffi, kwasi, kojo,... Tell them to take a chill pill.

4 Likes

Re: Question On Ghana by willy30(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
Athena4:

I also need tips.
As soon as I get there.

Fallawx
cochtrane
gypsey
cardoso111
Willy30
Makydebbie (omo Ghana!)
360command

Well I live in Osu, So i will give you the cost of a decent guesthouse in Osu .
1)You can get a decent guesthouse for 100 to 150 ghc ,that's like 8 to 12k Naira
2)I advise you change your naira to dollar, but you can equally change you naira at a place called tudu in Accra
3)Well that depends on your budget oh
I am not sure if the ATM can dispense cash with a Nigeria Card, but you have an alternative of sending money from your Nigeria account to some exchanger's Nigeria account in exchange for Ghana cedis at Tudu ,

1 Like

Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
360command:
OK....

Buy a carton of can drinks if u do not want to spend much money in ghana.. Can drinks, bottle coke are expensive.. Though I hear bottle coke is 1cedi (300ml) at against 2cedi..

Local food: ask for abeytear(like amala) with groundnut soup, or TZ with ayoyo (ewedu).. Waakye is good but because of d smell, u might hate it.. Buy Gorbe (oil beans with plantain).. Note: I am just writing their local food to the way u can pronounce them if u ask people on d street on where to buy them.. Cos u will think you have money but ghana cedi dey zap...

Learn to take trotro(danfo) and when reaching your destination, say "mesiwaa-(owa) "..

Gerrarahia bro!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
Athena4:

Since there's access bank in Ghana, speak to one in Nigeria about this issue if it's possible, if you don't get any good response there, come back here and mention me. Then I'll call them to ask this your question.

I also need tips.
As soon as I get there.

When I get money from Nigeria, I go to tudu in Accra. It's only tudu I can talk about I'm sorry. Are you going to be staying in Accra? I can only talk about Accra since that's where I'm based. But you can always change at the border and please make your calculations before you go, that's if you're changing at the border. If you're not sure, you may get cheated. We've forex exchange here though.

Lol, it depends on where and what you're going to do here. Where you're staying also matters. The standard of living in Accra is very high. Carry 100k. lipsrsealed

I've been to Paloma hotel at ring road, it was cool! I can help you get the price if you're going to stay at Accra.

I don't get this question..?

Makydebbie (omo Ghana!)

Na me be this, the only original Maky. cool

At your service ma'am. cool
Re: Question On Ghana by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Athena4:

I also need tips.
As soon as I get there.

Fallawx
cochtrane
gypsey
cardoso111
Willy30
Makydebbie (omo Ghana!)
360command

Although i have travelled wide but i have never been to Ghana o! how ever i am sure you can use your access Debit card in any branch of access bank with no quamls! but i advice not to use your card for transactions like POS you may end up paying too much as a result of exchange rates, withdraw cash from inside Access bank or ATM and exchange at the bureau de change so you can get good Naira Value. GOOD LUCK!
Re: Question On Ghana by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
360command:
OK....

I remember wat a Ghanaian banker said to me.. She said " for the fact that our bank (zenith) is a Nigerian bank, we are not on the same platform... "

Your access bank would work for you if you have ATM card but keep in mind that students or Nigerians complained abt having difficulty receiving money thru ATM.. Due to buhari policy.. I don't know if it is OK now..

Also, if you are stranded, with access bank, u are allowed to send WU or moneygram.. Other banks, WU or moneygram were blocked.. Note: this policy cud have changed by now..

Naira seems not to have the strength it usedto but I can tell you that you need to carry much money.

If you are traveling by road, change your money in ghana border.. Don't know what the rate is now..

Getting access to cash, I have told you already.. But if you have money and business oriented.. You can buy some stuff in nigeria to sell in ghana.. You can buy a phone(infinix, iPhone 5(the finger print feature) 6, ps2,3,4.. And sell in their local market.. Even if it is 5000 naira gain, it is still "getting access to cash".. Don't just be greedy.

For hotels/guesthouse.. I stayed in kumasi.. Find guesthouse in TUC, kumasi... 80-100cedis per night. Or hotels in Suame, kumasi (there are cheaper hotels/guesthouse in suame, kumasi) though TUC is more residential but Suame is more street.. But this is Ghana, it is still partially OK. Their hotels are clean..

Lastly, help me tell Maa bena, akos, Ama, akua, yaa I miss them all.. To those Kwame, koffi, kwasi, kojo,... Tell them to take a chill pill.
this is brilliant! grin grin grin grin This is A travel Guide on an epic level, I troway nyash for you ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Question On Ghana by Fallawx(m): 11:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Athena4:

I also need tips.
As soon as I get there.

Fallawx
cochtrane
gypsey
cardoso111
Willy30
Makydebbie (omo Ghana!)
360command

I have been to Ghana several times in the past .
But I have never for once stay in a hotel except when I have level to dig .
I stay in kutubabi sprintex road .
I have also live in prampram
Tema
Kumasi
.... but I prefer Accra due to the beach and social lifestyle . I can’t give you perfect rate per night but I would advice you to use Airbnb.com very cheap .
Always travel with dollars my friend . It’s better you exchange at the bank or bearue de change around sprintex road . Airport exchanger are crooks oooo
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 1:17am On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Gerrarahia bro!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
are you Ga or ashanti? Anyway, I love dark skin Ghanaian girls... Just saying though... My respect to you all!!!
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 5:35am On Nov 22, 2017
360command:
are you Ga or ashanti? Anyway, I love dark skin Ghanaian girls... Just saying though... My respect to you all!!!
Lol, I'm ewe.
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 5:40am On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol, I'm ewe.
Anyway, they say you ewes are.. ? Forget that stereotype.... Which part of ghana do u reside? Are you also nigerian? Or you ve lived in Nig for long.. Where r u.
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 5:43am On Nov 22, 2017
360command:
Anyway, they say you ewes are.. ? Forget that stereotype.... Which part of ghana do u reside? Are you also nigerian? Or you ve lived in Nig for long.. Where r u.
Lol, I heard what they said ewes are... grin
I actually like the stereotype. angry
I'm at Accra, I'm a Ghanaian who only grew up in Nigeria.
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 5:52am On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
ok.. Good for you.. You know, when a Ghanaian having that naija experience the combo is awesome.. I am in America, I come to ghana becos of some Ghanaian friends.. It is not easy.. You have Nigeria as your home and Ghana as second home.. I heard coke bottle is 1cedi. They plan to go into production of plastic coke thereby stopping bottle production that's why its sold cheap... Is this true or nana addo made it 1 cedi.
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 6:00am On Nov 22, 2017
360command:
ok.. Good for you.. You know, when a Ghanaian having that naija experience the combo is awesome.. I am in America, I come to ghana becos of some Ghanaian friends.. It is not easy.. You have Nigeria as your home and Ghana as second home.. I heard coke bottle is 1cedi. They plan to go into production of plastic coke thereby stopping bottle production that's why its sold cheap... Is this true or nama addo made it 1 cedi.
Lol, it sure is.
Having both combo is sweet with cool advantages.
Yea, the small coke bottle is now one cedi. I dont know who made it one cedi sha, my own is to buy and drink.
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 6:05am On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol, it sure is.
Having both combo is sweet with cool advantages.
Yea, the small coke bottle is now one cedi. I dont know who made it one cedi sha, my own is to buy and drink.
never liked those small cokes been sold at 1:50cedis or 2 cedis depending on your location.. I felt cheated due to d small size and never satisfying
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 6:12am On Nov 22, 2017
360command:
never liked those small cokes been sold at 1:50cedis or 2 cedis depending on your location.. I felt cheated due to d small size and never satisfying
Me too, knowing you'll get it at 80 naira in Nigeria is disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Question On Ghana by Chuksmonika(m): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Me too, knowing you'll get it at 80 naira in Nigeria is disheartening.
it is 100naira in Nigeria....i hope to visit Ghana soon,to have an experience of it,hopefully next year
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2017
Chuksmonika:
it is 100naira in Nigeria....i hope to visit Ghana soon,to have an experience of it,hopefully next year
Oh really? Used to buy it 80 naira the small bottle when I was at lagos.
Okay, we await you.

1 Like

Re: Question On Ghana by Just30: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
the stereotypes made boarding school way more fun
We are so similar yet so much differences
Re: Question On Ghana by Athena4: 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
360command:
OK....

Haha. Thank you for the advice. Thank you.
Re: Question On Ghana by Athena4: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:

Since there's access bank in Ghana, speak to one in Nigeria about this issue if it's possible, if you don't get any good response there, come back here and mention me. Then I'll call them to ask this your question.

When I get money from Nigeria, I go to tudu in Accra. It's only tudu I can talk about I'm sorry. Are you going to be staying in Accra? I can only talk about Accra since that's where I'm based. But you can always change at the border and please make your calculations before you go, that's if you're changing at the border. If you're not sure, you may get cheated. We've forex exchange here though.

Lol, it depends on where and what you're going to do here. Where you're staying also matters. The standard of living in Accra is very high. Carry 100k. lipsrsealed

I've been to Paloma hotel at ring road, it was cool! I can help you get the price if you're going to stay at Accra.

I don't get this question..?

Na men be this, the only original Maky. cool

At your service ma'am. cool
Thank you for everything Debbie! Yes, I'm for Accra! I asked the bank guys but their service was despicable. I don't trust their answer. Pls this paloma hotel how affordable is it?
100 k? Are you sure? There are two of us o. Also, how is this Tudu every one is talking about?
I don't know where or not to stay. We want to use ABC transport from Abuja to accra. I don't know where the Terminus will be over there.
Re: Question On Ghana by Athena4: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
gypsey:
Although i have travelled wide but i have never been to Ghana o! how ever i am sure you can use your access Debit card in any branch of access bank with no quamls! but i advice not to use your card for transactions like POS you may end up paying too much as a result of exchange rates, withdraw cash from inside Access bank or ATM and exchange at the bureau de change so you can get good Naira Value. GOOD LUCK!
Oh thanks. is true though that theres a limit to withdrawals or something?
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
Athena4:
Haha. Thank you for the advice. You sound like my brother, very straight to the point. Thank you.
you welcome...
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Athena4:
Thank you for everything Debbie! Yes, I'm for Accra! I asked the bank guys but their service was despicable. I don't trust their answer. Pls this paloma hotel how affordable is it?
100 k? Are you sure? There are two of us o. Also, how is this Tudu every one is talking about?
I don't know where or not to stay. We want to use ABC transport from Abuja to accra. I don't know where the Terminus will be over there.
Okay dear, Accra abi? I'll call Paloma and other affordable hotels today and get back to you okay?

If you wanna bring more than 100k, please feel free. Tudu is the station you go to in Accra when you're traveling out of Ghana by road. There, you meet people who change money for you, from naira to cedis and vice-versa. But use dollars to change to cedis, it's better.

It's ABC transport I use too when I'm traveling by road or cross-country. So babe, we're good. kiss
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
Athena4:
Oh thanks. is true though that theres a limit to withdrawals or something?
there is a limit but it changes. I do not know how to explain to you, but ever since Buhari took over power, forex policy changed drastically so the information I give you today might not be the same.. At a time, nigerian students were complaining about not paying their fees due to d failures in withdrawing cash via ATM..

There was a time you are allowed to withdraw 30,000 naira only.. There was also a time you are to withdraw $100 for 3 months.. There was also a time ATM card stopped working.. At this point, there was no hope relying on ATM naira card.. People started sending money by depositing into a nigerian bank acct and then going to a market area where nigerians do biz to receive the money in ghana(verify d info before depositing into the Nig bank acct)...
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Just30:
the stereotypes made boarding school way more fun
We are so similar yet so much differences
Don't tell me you're ewe too? shocked
I want to travel to Volta region for Christmas sef.
The stereotype is fun to me too, just that some people take things serious.
Re: Question On Ghana by 360command: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Okay dear, Accra abi? I'll call Paloma and other affordable hotels today and get back to you okay?

If you wanna bring more than 100k, please feel free. Tudu is the station you go to in Accra when you're traveling out of Ghana by road. There, you meet people who change money for you, from naira to cedis and vice-versa. But use dollars to change to cedis, it's better.

It's ABC transport I use too when I'm traveling by road or cross-country. So babe, we're good. kiss
cross country did strong thing for me one day.. My laptop was stolen. We were told to place our bags out for ndlea to brief us.. In less that 5 mins, my bag where my laptop was got stolen.. They are thieves.. I stopped using their service.. Na plane sweet pass...

But traveling by road, I rather go to mille 2 than use ABC spending hours on the road/border post with the whole searching and stamping of passport..

I enter via mile2, I take a car going to lome. By 1pm or 2pm.. I should be in aflao border..

That time, I was a legal residence, so no sorting, no delay.. At aflao, take another car to Accra... It was fast for me... Those ABC are long thing.. What causes the delay is d numbers of people in d bus..
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
360command:
cross country did strong thing for me one day.. My laptop was stolen. We were told to place our bags out for ndlea to brief us.. In less that 5 mins, my bag where my laptop was got stolen.. They are thieves.. I stopped using their service.. Na plane sweet pass...

But traveling by road, I rather go to mille 2 than use ABC spending hours on the road/border post with the whole searching and stamping of passport..

I enter via mile2, I take a car going to lome. By 1pm or 2pm.. I should be in aflao border..

That time, I was a legal residence, so no sorting, no delay.. At aflao, take another car to Accra... It was fast for me... Those ABC are long thing.. What causes the delay is d numbers of people in d bus..
Lol, you really know you way to Ghana. I can't do that mile 2 thing abeg. I don't even know how they change money and all and I'm sure I'll be cheated.

Yea the only time I took cross-country, someone's tablet got stolen. I witnessed it.
Re: Question On Ghana by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chuksmonika:

where in nigeria is 30cl coke sold for 100 naira?
Re: Question On Ghana by Just30: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Don't tell me you're ewe too? shocked
I want to travel to Volta region for Christmas sef.
The stereotype is fun to me too, just that some people take things serious.
I'm Ahanta and mist of my friends are ewes
Re: Question On Ghana by onatisi(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
naija bank cards work on ghana atm as long as you notify the bank in nigeria before you leave
Re: Question On Ghana by makydebbie(f): 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Just30:
I'm Ahanta and mist of my friends are ewes
Okay dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flights From Lagos To Oulu, Finland / How Long Does It Take For A Uk Family Visa To Be Issued? / I'm Hiv Positive, Can I Immigrate To Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.