Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site (4589 Views)

How To Secure Your Google Advertise Account From Blocking / Bloggers: How Do You Monitor The Web For Latest News / Rules That Needs To Be Obeyed To Avoid Google From Blocking Ur Adsense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by EvilMetahuman: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2017
yung6ixxxxxx:
I don't like this plugin,I think there are ways to place ads on your website without annoying ur readers,look at nairaland for example,d ads are dere but its almost as if it isnt
niaraland has the best ad system. Even you won't mind wanting to check ads out because they are super non intrusive and well targeted unlike google adsense ads.

Problem with bloggers is, every one of them wants to chop google's money. That's why they create meaningless and purposeless blogs everywhere and use every dubious way to drive traffic there.
When the traffic is not coming, they chase away the little traffic they are gettting with maximum ads from google.

there are some blogs I visit. They created name for themselves first before thinking about ads. But not nigerians bloggers.

2 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2017
personally, i see nothing wrong with ads especially if they are displayed properly like the way nairaland does it. however, i think its time for bloggers to embrace affiliate marketing, creating and selling their own products. All the same, if your website is an authority and you ask users to disable ad blockers before they can access your site, they will do it. Assuming a website like gsmarena asks users to disable ad blockers before they can access their website, egbon if you leave where are you going to? Each website has its own flavor. I advice bloggers to try to create an authority around their name. That way, users would be doing themselves a favour by visiting the website, and not the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by agwom(m): 8:33am On Nov 22, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2017
A site I will visit that I be will forced to disable ad blocking will be strong gan like 02tv series. To hell with any Yeye site that thinks they can make money from consuming my data massively with ads I won't find relevant.

Even nairaland dere father dare not say nonsense about going against my choice.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2017
k199192:

not when that site is o2tvseries where you get the latest TV series. you just have to turn the damn blocker off.
Ur head dey dere. I just can't resist using that site
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by MichaelBlake40: 9:13am On Nov 22, 2017
uzoclinton:
And you think its fair to the blogger whose blog you frequent to get informed/entertained..
It iz also not fair for ads which i have no connection with to be popping up and down on my phone

2 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by NevetsIbot(m): 9:14am On Nov 22, 2017
k199192:

not when that site is o2tvseries where you get the latest TV series. you just have to turn the damn blocker off.

I get my latest movies and series from Toxicwap.com and there's nothing like annoying ads there.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by TheManofTomorrow(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2017
Syphonn:
This is hate, abi dem no want make we chop? After reading our paid and sometimes well written and researched post. God will judge them
If I knack you better jazz. Which "paid and well researched articles"?. Something you just copy and paste for free from some other site.

No tell me rubbish again. Scam blogger.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by MichaelBlake40: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2017
biuti:

Lol, don't mind them all. They want free info without thinking of how to give back to the provider.
Most of those info you get iz it not copy and paste? What about the data one expends on visiting the ur sites, don't you people get money from there? Another issue is the popup of too many ads once i See such in blog i run out immediately.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by styless(f): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2017
Ads on Nairaland and DNB Stories are so well placed they hardly cause any disturbance.
But only Lindaikeji...NO. It's just too much and I have stopped visiting
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by tayoccu(m): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2017
biuti:

Lol, don't mind them all. They want free info without thinking of how to give back to the provider.

you mean the recycled crap most bloggers spew (pardon me for generalizing, but over 90% of bloggers don't have quality content) ?
bloggers should "up" the quality of their posts, be consistent, and top brands will advertise on their blog.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by sanetu: 10:08am On Nov 22, 2017

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by RuddyFusion(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2017
Good info

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by biuti(f): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
tayoccu:

you mean the recycled crap most bloggers spew (pardon me for generalizing, but over 90% of bloggers don't have quality content) ?
bloggers should "up" the quality of their posts, be consistent, and top brands will advertise on their blog.

Well, most have crap on there but not all as you've rightly said.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by biuti(f): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

Most of those info you get iz it not copy and paste? What about the data one expends on visiting the ur sites, don't you people get money from there? Another issue is the popup of too many ads once i See such in blog i run out immediately.

You've rightly said 'most', that means some are still unique. That you even visit the site means it likely has the info you need.
Bolded above, you mean site owners get something from the mb you used on the site?
You probably don't know how it works.

The data you use when you visit a site is like transport fare to the market, the market people only make money when you buy what they sell and not from your transport fare. So they don't like you to just look and go without buying something.

2 Likes

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
tayoccu:

Nigerian bloggers you mean?
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by NCP: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
uzoclinton:
And you think its fair to the blogger whose blog you frequent to get informed/entertained..

Nairaland,
google
facebook
gsmarena etc

l don't do Naija blogs/sites. Except Nairaland.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by tayoccu(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ebuka2016:
Nigerian bloggers you mean?
not just Nigerian bloggers, hungry bloggers are scattered across the globe.

1 Like

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
Syphonn:
This is hate, abi dem no want make we chop? After reading our paid and sometimes well written and researched post. God will judge them
Lol. Na fight?
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
biuti:

You've rightly said 'most', that means some are still unique. That you even visit the site means it likely has the info you need.
Bolded above, you mean site owners get something from the mb you used on the site?

The data you use when you visit a site is like transport fare to the market, the market people only make money when you buy what they sell and not from your transport fare. So they don't like you to just look and go without buying something.
Intelli G analogy. Abeg chop knuckle babe...

1 Like

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by saaramis(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
aieromon:
If I visit your site and you tell me to disable my ad blocker,I just simply exit the website,period!

U no want make dem chop
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by GoodiOG(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Its very unfortunate that nobody has answered Op queation.

And for all those illiterates who say blogger make money from their MB, your cases belong to the gods.

1 Like

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by k199192: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
NevetsIbot:

I get my latest movies and series from Toxicwap.com and there's nothing like annoying ads there.

I use toxicwap sparingly. When I can't find a particular movie at o2tvseries. and toxicwap's files are larger than o2tvseries. I save data by using o2tvseries tho
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by RationalTV: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
I use UC BROWSER it doesn't display ads. It disables ads automatically. Though with my E63 I don't know for other devices
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by MichaelBlake40: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
biuti:

The data you use when you visit a site is like transport fare to the market, the market people only make money when you buy what they sell and not from tour transport fare. So they don't like you to just look and go without buying something.
So who does the data then go to?
Besides don't get me wrong i visit sites which show ads but i dislike the ones which show too many ads.I know that you guys use ur sites as a money making venture but c'mon i'm not the only visitor.
Also another reason i despise too many ads on a site is because they tend to take too much space and sometimes cover up the info I'm seeking.This is very discouraging for someone like me who often remains loyal to sites that i like
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
tayoccu:

not just Nigerian bloggers, hungry bloggers are scattered across the globe.
same with traders. Blogging is just like any other profession. If you cant advice all traders to be like Aliko Dangote, you cant do same to bloggers.
But bloggers outside Nigeria take the business more seriously.

1 Like

Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by biuti(f): 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Luiz1:
Intelli G analogy. Abeg chop knuckle babe...
Thanks
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by biuti(f): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

So who does the data then go to?
Besides don't get me wrong i visit sites which show ads but i dislike the ones which show too many ads.I know that you guys use ur sites as a money making venture but c'mon i'm not the only visitor.
Also another reason i despise too many ads on a site is because they tend to take too much space and sometimes cover up the info I'm seeking.This is very discouraging for someone like me who often remains loyal to sites that i like

It goes to MTN, Airtel, or whatever network providing the data.
I understand, i visit site too and do not like pop ups and too much ads, they even consume more data.
Don't mind greedy bloggers that place ads on blog articles.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by Craigbrown4076: 4:26am On Nov 23, 2017
TheManofTomorrow:
If I knack you better jazz. Which "paid and well researched articles"?. Something you just copy and paste for free from some other site.

No tell me rubbish again. Scam blogger.

Mr. man of the future, not all bloggers engage in copy and paste. If you know how much the average blogger earns, you would chew your nails in shame.
Re: For Bloggers: How To Stop Your Viewers From Blocking Ads Display On Your Site by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
GoodiOG:
Its very unfortunate that nobody has answered Op queation.

And for all those illiterates who say blogger make money from their MB, your cases belong to the gods.

I saw the funny comment my brother.

Can't stop laughing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" / Whats The Key To Blogging? Constitency Or Long Posts? / How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.