Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,185 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Is God Against Interests On Loan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Against Interests On Loan (461 Views)

Is God Against Pullout? Why Did He Kill A Man In The Bible For That? / Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? / The Wrath Of God Against EDINBURGH / Scotland In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Against Interests On Loan by aphrodisiac(m): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2017
I came across this passage of the bible and began to wonder, is God against taking interest on loan? Psalms 15:5
Re: Is God Against Interests On Loan by Emmanystone: 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
He is, and very much so.
Re: Is God Against Interests On Loan by Adeling(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
[the parable of talents] Matthew 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers (to loan), and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury (I.e INTEREST)." This passage of the bible, got to show that Christ isn't againt getting interest from loans (as long as both parties are in agreement). am pretty sure this passage is axiomatic. so the answer is NO.
Re: Is God Against Interests On Loan by GoodMuyis(m): 9:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
As long as it does not inflict pain or hardship on the poor who may not be able to pay back. But as a Christian God did not expect us to demand interest. My Opinion is if you can pay back, you can collect loan that has interest

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 21/12/2017) Ashamed Of Your Faith? / Prophesies Of Doom On Rampage In Nigeria As Always.knowing Jesus Christ Is Light / ​how Two OTJ 2018 Prophecies Was Confirmed Within A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.