Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,769 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers (22802 Views)

Police Officers And Soldiers Clashed At INEC Office In Rivers / United States Reacts To Clash Between Shiite Members And Soldiers In Abuja. / Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Deban: 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Oh, I never knew of a typo that will change "understand" to "hear", pls tell me more about that typo, mr graduate. Choi, typo don suffer. grin

While you are correcting someone, do well to be efficient at it. Why use pls when it is proper to use please. I guess you graduated from one of the South West state or private universities created after the year 2000.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Deban: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Oh, I never knew of a typo that will change "understand" to "hear", pls tell me more about that typo, mr graduate. Choi, typo don suffer. grin

While you are correcting someone, do well to be efficient at it. Why use pls when it is proper to use please? I guess you graduated from one of the South West state or private universities created after the year 2000.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by asawanathegreat(m): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
No need for dis please
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
these 3 major tribes are the problems of Nigeria
very disgusting tribes
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
[s]
Deban:

While you are correcting someone, do well to be efficient at it. Why use pls when it is proper to use please? I guess you graduated from one of the South West state or private universities created after the year 2000.
[/s]
"Pls" as used on social media is never an error, but "hear" in place of "understand", na lie, I no go gree.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Actually understand is a synonym for the word hear. So you might want to do your own research first before you correct someone else.
"Understand" as a synonym for "hear"? I give up.
We have so many " graduates" in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by dheilaw1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
FarahAideed:
Another tribalist policy from a tribal centric govt
ipig miscreant sighted. sense is too far from you
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Bnladan(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

As a graduate(?), you should know it is "understand", not "hear". Which school did you attend? S/Eastern school, I guess.
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates. undecided
" where" and "were" too grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by panpan(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Antoeni:

The study of foreign and local languages is world-wide practice among armies, in which officers and soldiers are encouraged to be multi-lingual.

Before now, the Nigerian Army officially encouraged the learning of French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese and Swahili.

The learning of other languages should be encouraged, but should not be made compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

"Understand" as a synonym for "hear"? I give up.
We have so many " graduates" in Nigeria.

Mr "almajiri school" graduate, abeg use a thesaurus before you try to teach others:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/hear

Thank me later!
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Geesaintagape: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
Fis is a good devt.
Govt should mak the 3 main languagees compulsory 4 sec sch to foster unity.
I'm impressed when i cee indians speak indian major languages.
Just like i speak igbo u reply wt hausa or yoruba.
I speak yoruba u reply wt igbo or hausa
I speak hausa u reply wt igbo or yoruba
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Bnladan(m): 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
Desyner:
No. I mean the type of contribution from a grad who has no substance or message to pass. Just looking for typo here n there.
guy, ur first post was targeted at a group. It was nothing but a hate post and a sentimental one as well. It has no iota of truth, no substance and has no message to pass. So u re not qualified to lecture us on substance or message cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Mr "almajiri school" graduate, abeg use a thesaurus before you try to teach others:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/hear

Thank me later!
I repeat, I give up. grin grin grin. Na Oxford dictionary we dey use, all those patch patch to prove rubbish, my hand no dey.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

I repeat, I give up.

Lol. Swallow your pride and eat some humble pie along with it. It tastes better that way.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by cstr1000: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
But Nigeria has over 300 ethnics?
Are you going to disenfrashise the rest of your populace?
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Bnladan:
guy, ur first post was targeted at a group. It was nothing but a hate post and a sentimental one as well. It has no iota of truth, no substance and has no message to pass. So u re not qualified to lecture us on substance or message cool
Gbam, God bless you jare. If his comment was unbiased, I wouldn't have even bothered. The "graduate" is here trying to mock "northern" soldiers on English when he couldn't string few words correctly in English language.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by cstr1000: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Lol. Swallow your pride and eat some humble pie along with it. It tastes better that way.
When Chinese speak Chinese, don't you hear it? But you may not understand it, simple. "Hear", as used in that context is very incorrect in English language, you can start running up and down checking all the websites in the universe to justify that rubbish, but na lie. Meanwhile, this is my last response, don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Bnladan:
" where" and "were" too grin
No mind am. Person wey no sabi English get mouth to mock others.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

When Chinese speak Chinese, don't you hear it? But you may not understand it, simple. "Hear", as used in that context is very incorrect in English language, you can start running up and down checking all the websites in the universe to justify that rubbish, but na lie. Meanwhile, this is my last response, don't quote me again.

Ohhh.. so now its about context? Nice way to change the "goal post" Mr graduate lol. Now run off like the cowardly yoruba man that you are.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Ohhh.. so now its about context? Nice way to change the "goal post" Mr graduate lol. Now run off like the cowardly yoruba man that you are.
Okay, last one, bring another website to prove the emboldened. grin grin. Nawa for "graduate". Once again, bye.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by DaBillionnaire: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
U mean the mod pushed ds to front page without op referencing d news.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lolzzzz

Igbos in army posted to yoruba and hausa lands don learn the language finish and even speak it more than them

But those one here the yorubas and hausas no sabi speak igbo.......lolzzzz

Analysis.......Igbo will be difficult for them to learn.....is not lie...........others one can be easy but igbo nah......
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
Nword22:

And you half baked graduate from S/Western S/West that resorted to pidgin English to make your point.

English fall on you.
Fixed.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by SpyAC(m): 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
Desyner:
Okay I lost my train of thought and what does that change about the fact that that you had to alternate between 'proper' and pidgin English to pass your message?
pls dnt mind dt dt he goat dt call hmslf python dance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
Why will igbo be hard for them

Igbos have the habit of speaking english to externals as far as u are one

To teach seems suspicious to them.......

Over herei get yoruba friends plenty......dey no dey use me play despite being tribal sometimes but uptil now dey neva sabi igbo.....

I think nigeria should remove igbo coz soon we will live nigeria is a failed entity
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by nemynely(m): 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

As a graduate(?), you should know it is "understand", not "hear". Which school did you attend? S/Eastern school, I guess.
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates. undecided

Just one word for this ���
Crucifixion! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Choi, which one be proper English again? Mr "graduate", it is either English language or Pidgin, nothing like proper English. grin Proper English ko improper pidgin ni. grin

ITK! Shouldn't you have noticed the inverted commas?
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
....very good idea...
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Chukazu: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
FarahAideed:
Are there only three languages in Nigeria?

one of the biggest problem we have a nation.

we have succeeded in making our lives to revolve around those three major tribes as results ,give them an unhealthy sense of superiority complex over the rest of us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Jailed Me 18 Months For Being Wealthy —anenih / Senate Confirms Aisha Ahmad And Edward Adamu As CBN Deputy Governors / Bukola Saraki Appeals To FG, Labour Over Proposed Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.