Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Faqs About JAMB CAPS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faqs About JAMB CAPS (1294 Views)

How To Check JAMB Caps With Your Phone (any Web Browser). / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank / Updates From JAMB CAPS Intensive Training and Sensitization Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faqs About JAMB CAPS by Dimahtee: 9:13am On Nov 22, 2017
1. What is JAMB CAPS?
CAPS stands for Central Admission Processing System. It is a system designed by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board(JAMBS) to checkmate admission fraud and various admission irregularities.

2. Why JAMB CAPS?
CAPS makes a more transparent and fair admission process

2. What are the benefits of JAMB CAPS?
a. CAPS prevents fraud in admission process. Hence, ensuring candidates are not cheated.
b. It allows candidate to accept/reject admission and Market Place operations(see below)
c. It makes it possible for JAMB to confirm/verify results uploaded by candidates from various examination bodies like NECO, WAEC and NABTEB.

3. What processes are involved in the CAPS
a. Each Institution sets its Cut Off Marks and and other Institution-specific parameters such as other Admissions Criteria (e.g. Post UTME Screening) and carrying capacity on CAPS.

b. Institutions download (from CAPS) details of Candidates that meet the Institution’s and programme’s Cut Off Mark and had selected them as First Choice Institutions.

c. Candidates upload their SSCE results to JAMB.
No candidate will be considered for admission without the upload of his/her O’Level and/or A’ Level results.

d. Institutions may conduct Post UTME Screenings candidates

e. Results of Post UTME where applicable are uploaded to CAPS to obtain aggregate scores for the candidates

f. CAPS ranks and suggests candidates that meet the Institution’s Admissions Criteria as configured on the system by the Institution.

g. Institution reviews list of suggested candidates and forwards the list to JAMB upon confirmation

h. The JAMB (Admission Officer) reviews the Recommended Candidates to confirm they are from those initially sent to the Institution; met the Admissions Criteria as advertised in the brochure and as set on CAPS by the Institution, including upload of and confirm that no qualified candidate has been unjustly denied Admission.

i. JAMB generates a List of Provisional Admissions

j. JAMB notifies Candidates to Accept / Reject Admission

k. Candidate Accepts / Rejects Admission on the JAMB CAPS Portal within 72hours.

l. If Candidate Accepts Provisional Admission, JAMB updates Admission Status and forwards List of Confirmed Admissions to the Institution

m. Candidate prints Admission Letter and Proceeds to the Institution for further internal Admission Processing

n. Once a candidate accepts his or her admission. Such candidate no longer has the privilege to reject the admission and be scouted by other institutions in the market place.

p. If Candidate Rejects Admission, s/he becomes available in the Market Place for further possible consideration for Admissions.

4 What is CAPS Market Place?
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides flexibility for the Institutions to source for candidates who may not have earlier chosen the institution for Admission consideration.

5. How does the Market Place work?
a. Institutions may specify various selection parameters such as UTME score, State/ Local Government, Gender, preferred programmes /course of the Candidates.

b. The List of Candidates so selected from the Market Place are then pushed to JAMB who then notify the Candidates of Market Place consideration by Institutions. Candidate may Accept / Reject Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.

c. The Candidates could also approach the Market Place to announce availability for Admission consideration from any institution or for any programme different from those earlier indicated during the UTME Registration, provided s/he has requisite O’ Level Results and wrote the required subject combination in the UTME.

d. Any agreement or understanding on Admission consideration between the Institution and candidate based on Market Place operations will have to be effected with a requirement for the Candidate to effect a Change of Institution on the JAMB Portal to be available for Download by the new Institution to follow the subsequent steps in the Admission Process.

5. How secured is the JAMB CAPS?
The CAPS system has been designed to be fool-proof and totally secured. No one can succeed in illegally manipulating it.

6. Can Institution reject candidates after being offered admission on CAPS?
The institution proposes a candidate and JAMB confirms it before such candidate is notified of admission on CAPS. In other words, only candidates that have been offered admission in their institutions are able to accept on CAPS, hence will not be rejected.

7. Should I accept my admission or wait for institutions to release the admission list first?
If you do not accept your admission on CAPS, you will never appear on your institution's admission list

8. I have been offered admission on CAPS but not on my institution's portal.
Your institution might not be through with the uploading of candidates to CAPS, hence, have not downloaded the list of candidates that have accepted their admission. You need to wait.

9. Can I be admitted by institution without seeing my admission on CAPS?
It is impossible to gain admission to any institution without passing through CAPS.

10. How do I check my CAPS Profile?
Log in your profile on www.jamb.org.ng/efacility. Select CAPS from the drop-down menu and follow the instruction prompt. You are advised to use a desktop or standard browsers like Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox if you use a smartphone

(1) (Reply)

WAEC 2018 Timetable For May/june Examination Is Out ! / FUTO Final Year Student Died Yesterday Just A Week To His Final Exams. / Universities Will Remain Closed Until Our Demands Are Met _ ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.