Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Sextainment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sextainment (2853 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sextainment by Henitan24(f): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
Today, hypocrisy is legal but truth is an offence.

The world of showbusiness and entertainment is unarguably sex-driven. No matter your country, race or social profile, the moment you are about the music, movie and fashion industries, you are bombarded with sex, whether you like it or not. It may be subtle or subliminal and sometimes obvious, but it (sex) is ever present.

Sex is crucial to marketing in the entertainment industry and the players know this. It's like an unwritten industry rule. So, it's either you're ready to play or you're out.

This explains why movie producers and directors proposition young and ambitious aspiring actresses for sex in exchange for big roles. And some aspiring actresses too seduce them for a shot at fame. The sexier you are as a lady, the better your chances. It's an industry that prioritizes good looks and sex appeal for both men and (especially) women. The most sought after actresses are often sex symbols.

In that industry, it's all about crossing the redlines.

For instance, Omotola is an A-List actress in Nollywood, and married with kids. But I was really shocked at some of her roles in over-the-top erotic scenes in the movie 'Alter Ego'. A few of those scenes could make a Shari'a fundamentalist strap himself with a bomb (lol). This is not to take away from Omotola's morals as a wife, but rather to show that in entertainment the redlines are crossed all the time.

The industry usually has a huge number of desperate young women seeking fame or cheap popularity, and also many entitled randy men. So, when Ms. Desperate meets Mr. Randy in private, scandals are born in public. But then only one party faces the gallows many years after the fact.

Harvey Weinstein is the latest sex scandal in Hollywood. This randy and entitled fella is currently in the eye of the storm as not fewer than 27 women (most of whom are actresses) have accused the Hollywood heavyweight of sexual assaults, rape etc.

One of them is the famous A-List Angelina Jolie who suddenly found her voice and guts after two decades. She accused Weinstein of sexual assault which he allegedly committed in the late 90s. Now she is a victim 20 years after the fact.

Remember the 59 women who alleged sexual offences by Bill Cosby 40, 30 and 25 years after the fact?

Do I believe Weinstein sexually assaulted some of these women? Absolutely.

Do I believe these women were complicit in the act or that there was tacit consent? I absolutely do.

My reason is simple.

Most of the women in Hollywood know that sex is the rule rather than the exception. It's a given. Like I stated earlier, it's an unwritten industry rule of which everyone is aware. If you don't ask (for sex), it would be asked of you, sometimes in uncivilized and uncouth ways.

So, for instance, a movie director grabs the breasts of an actress either in private or on location, and 20 years after she gets her movie role she becomes a victim. And then womenfolk start calling her 'brave' for voicing it 20-30 years after!

That's not bravery. That's hypocrisy. Bravery would be to report the assault ASAP!! And damn the consequences. But no, that would have jeopardized her almighty rise to fame. Hence, they CHOOSE to remain silent.

The point here is that they had a CHOICE and they made it. How then can they truly be victims?

Weinstein (just like Cosby) will not be the last sex scandal in Hollywood. Sex is the trademark of showbusiness. There are many directors, producers, actors and actresses who are currently sexually assaulting one another. Sadly, we won't hear about them until 30-40 years from now. And then some folks would call the 'victims' brave for speaking out. Brave for keeping their mouths shut for decades.

Maybe, just maybe, they kept their peace because they knew the rule and they played the game. In which case they were players with benefits, not victims.

I'm sure this inconvenient truth will bother a lot of folks. Welcome to the 21st Century.

#truthisacred

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sextainment by Lovetinz(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
That yonder woman that wrote this piece speaks like a man, thinks like a man and is brave like a man.
She is a real WOMAN.

2 Likes

Re: Sextainment by SirMichael1: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Henitan24:

The industry usually has a huge number of desperate young women seeking fame or cheap popularity, and also many entitled randy men. So, when Ms. Desperate meets Mr. Randy in private, scandals are born in public. But then only one party faces the gallows many years after the fact.

That part got me..

You agreed to the assault when you needed cheap rise to fame but after getting it, you resort to playing the victim card even after so many years.

Funny thing is... These folks don't come out until a person who got assaulted recently shows forth. More like they had no confidence or probably felt guilty about the crime too until someone arises thereby goading them also to come out in their masses.

Nice read BTW. It was worth it

2 Likes

Re: Sextainment by lenghtinny(m): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
When it comes to sex, men are the prey while women are the predators. Men are fast becoming endangered species in a supposed man's world. When you want bring a man down, just use a woman and I assure you that the job will be done smoothly.
See them claiming assault after 20, 30 years and the hypocritical society is cheering them on.They can't call the sex rape because deep down they knew it was consensual as it was a price they had to pay for the fame.
Imagine the way Tiger Woods was destroyed because of adultery which is not even a criminal offence. If Tiger was a woman, he would have gotten away with it by divorcing the husband citing irreconcilable differences and getting a large chunk of his fortunes as reward.
Compare response of all this sexual allegations by the women to the response to sexual allegations levelled against Mary J Blige by her former bodyguard.

4 Likes

Re: Sextainment by COOL10(m): 2:37am On Nov 24, 2017
A big kudos to you for your enlightening write-ups. Hopefully people will learn. Last month,almost everyday I heard about a new case against Weinstein and deep down I just felt pity for him. I don't know how true the stories are but if he's found guilty he'll be punished but I hope for the true cases cos I definitely don't believe all of them are real. That aside,keep up with the good work,exposing the hypocritical nature that has burrowed its' way so deep into our everyday society. Kudos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sextainment by Henitan24(f): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
SirMichael1:

That part got me..

You agreed to the assault when you needed cheap rise to fame but after getting it, you resort to playing the victim card even after so many years.

Funny thing is... These folks don't come out until a person who got assaulted recently shows forth. More like they had no confidence or probably felt guilty about the crime too until someone arises thereby goading them also to come out in their masses.

Nice read BTW. It was worth it

USA is currently battling an epidemic of sexual harassment allegations against political and entertainment heavyweights. It almost feels as if every white man in America is a sex creep.

The truth of the matter is that sexual harassment is actually worse in most countries, but America is a scapegoat because it is a very open and free society. Men harass women and women harass men all the time.

Sex is a vital (if not the most vital) part of our humanity. That's why we are 8 Billion humanity and still counting. The only effective way you can prevent men and women from sexually harassing one another is to fly all the men to Mars and leave all the women on Earth. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sextainment by MrEnigma007: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
I am really "wowed" at how you write... been long I read something meaningful on Nairaland... mention me when you write anything again.

1 Like

Re: Sextainment by Surfboard(m): 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
I'm surprised that a woman with such good writing skills and a platform would choose to waste it all by victim blaming.

Have you ever known anyone who has been sexually assaulted personally? Do you know what it takes for a woman to come to the public sphere and report these things regardless of whether or not she's successful?

I'd believe you're among those that would also blame a rape victim for dressing provocatively and tempting her sexual predator?

What you've written there is gibberish and should be confined to the dumps. I understand you want to be different, by all means be different, but don't spread your ignorance in a bid to show how different you are.
Re: Sextainment by GraGra247(m): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2017
Henitan24, You are one in a billion. Your efforts in balanced representation of facts fully represents what I stand for in this forum. Though I'm not perfect.

Truely America lacks balance in representation of matters when it comes to men and women issues. Men are cheated a lot.

Check the stories and loose lifestyles of drugs, alcohol, partying of those actresses claiming victims of being touched on the boobs, bum etc, you'll know for sure they've done worse than that to men in the past but of course who cares.

Many men are groped, forcefully kissed, smooched, sexually harassed, clearly seduced by actresses in Hollywood but because men hardly take offense in such things then it's no offense.

Then same actress will report the touch on the boobs that hardly offended her 30 years after and everyone is crucifying the man and calling the woman brave.

In this area America is blind.

2 Likes

Re: Sextainment by poik(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
Henitan24:

The world of showbusiness and entertainment is unarguably sex-driven. No matter your country, race or social profile, the moment you are about the music, movie and fashion industries, you are bombarded with sex, whether you like it or not. It may be subtle or subliminal and sometimes obvious, but it (sex) is ever present.

Sex is crucial to marketing in the entertainment industry and the players know this. It's like an unwritten industry rule. So, it's either you're ready to play or you're out.

This explains why movie producers and directors proposition young and ambitious aspiring actresses for sex in exchange for big roles. And some aspiring actresses too seduce them for a shot at fame. The sexier you are as a lady, the better your chances. It's an industry that prioritizes good looks and sex appeal for both men and (especially) women. The most sought after actresses are often sex symbols.

For instance, Omotola is an A-List actress in Nollywood, and married with kids. But I was really shocked at some of her roles in over-the-top erotic scenes in the movie 'Alter Ego'. A few of those scenes could make a Shari'a fundamentalist strap himself with a bomb (lol). This is not to take away from Omotola's morals as a wife, but rather to show that in entertainment the redlines are crossed all the time.

Harvey Weinstein is the latest sex scandal in Hollywood. This randy and entitled fella is currently in the eye of the storm as not fewer than 27 women (most of whom are actresses) have accused the Hollywood heavyweight of sexual assaults, rape etc.

One of them is the famous A-List Angelina Jolie who suddenly found her voice and guts after two decades. She accused Weinstein of sexual assault which he allegedly committed in the late 90s. Now she is a victim 20 years after the fact.

Remember the 59 women who alleged sexual offences by Bill Cosby 40, 30 and 25 years after the fact?

Do I believe these women were complicit in the act or that there was tacit consent? I absolutely do.

My reason is simple.

Most of the women in Hollywood know that sex is the rule rather than the exception. It's a given. Like I stated earlier, it's an unwritten industry rule of which everyone is aware. If you don't ask (for sex), it would be asked of you, sometimes in uncivilized and uncouth ways.

So, for instance, a movie director grabs the breasts of an actress either in private or on location, and 20 years after she gets her movie role she becomes a victim. And then womenfolk start calling her 'brave' for voicing it 20-30 years after!

That's not bravery. That's hypocrisy. Bravery would be to report the assault ASAP!! And damn the consequences. But no, that would have jeopardized her almighty rise to fame. Hence, they CHOOSE to remain silent.

The point here is that they had a CHOICE and they made it. How then can they truly be victims?

Weinstein (just like Cosby) will not be the last sex scandal in Hollywood. Sex is the trademark of showbusiness. There are many directors, producers, actors and actresses who are currently sexually assaulting one another. Sadly, we won't hear about them until 30-40 years from now. And then some folks would call the 'victims' brave for speaking out. Brave for keeping their mouths shut for decades.

Maybe, just maybe, they kept their peace because they knew the rule and they played the game. In which case they were players with benefits, not victims.

I'm sure this inconvenient truth will bother a lot of folks. Welcome to the 21st Century.

#truthisacred

Truth, bare and square.
Re: Sextainment by coolestofall(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
Cool! But hw cone gals write d best piece on nairaland?
Re: Sextainment by mumumugu(m): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
this was written by a guy not a girl
Re: Sextainment by LifeSolutionsTV: 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
Henitan24:

My reason is simple.

#truthisacred

The first 2 paragraphs of your writeup nailed it already.

I was driven to comment on this before proceeding to read.

1 Like

Re: Sextainment by LifeSolutionsTV: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
Henitan24:

My reason is simple.

#truthisacred

This Writeup is filled with The Naked Truth people hypocritically want to lie around.

You write well.

1 Like

Re: Sextainment by Cerebellum: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
The entertainment world is DOOMED!
Re: Sextainment by TAGM(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nicely written Henitan24. #noTosexualPerversion

1 Like

Re: Sextainment by Maggiespecial(f): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
LifeSolutionsTV:

This Writeup is filled with The Naked Truth people hypocritically want to lie around.

You write well.

No soccer prediction again??

(1) (Reply)

Kneeling Down To Feed Husband During Wedding Ceremony.respect Or Eye Service. / 11 Signs You’re Ready To Get Engaged / See Photos As Bestman Set His Eye At The New Couple As They Kiss In Their Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.