Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? (28786 Views)

What Future Tech Do You Think Would Samsung Introduce In Galaxy Note 11? / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Review 1 Year Later - Should You Buy It In 2018? / Latest Trending:9mobile Is Offering Data Bonus #200/1GB And #1000/5GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by deebrain(m): 6:56am On Nov 25, 2017
Again?
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 25, 2017
rozay12345:
The best investor remains Dangote, i believe in his Midas touch, competition is good for the industry, 9Mobile should not be sold to a competitor who is interested in his subscriber base alone.
dey deceive yaself. Dangote only thrive when der is monopoly backed by govt

5 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by nkowaputa(m): 7:03am On Nov 25, 2017
kingsamm:
9mobile is currently up for sale after the initial saga that led them into changing names from Etisalat to 9mobile. The scramble to acquire 9mobile, Nigeria’s fourth largest network operator, has advanced to the next stage.

10 bidders are left out of the 16 who expressed interest in the purchase. And the highest bidder will acquire 9mobile.

Here is a List of The 10 bidders of 9mobile

1. Globacom Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s second largest network operator
2. Airtel Nigeria
3. Dangote Group’s telecoms business unit
4. Alheri Engineering Limited
5. Smile Telecoms Holdings
6. Centricus Capital and Africell
7. Abraaj Capital (Based in Dubai)
8. Teleology Holdings Limited
9. The Carlyle Group
10. Africa Capital Alliance (ACA)

The 10 firms above have been pre-qualified to submit their financial bids for the acquisition of 9mobile, this will be the final process through which a winner with the highest bid submitted for 9mobile, will emerge.

9mobile, formerly Etisalat Nigeria, was put on the block early this year after it defaulted on a $1.2 billion loan from a consortium of 13 Nigerian banks. Etisalat Group the mother company in Abu Dhabi backed out leaving its Nigeria arm of business to its own fate, to survive on a new name.

The question is, who do you think should acquire 9mobile among the 10 bidders?

Source - http://www.naijatechs.com/2017/11/9mobile-is-up-for-sale.html

Anybody apart from dangote. He should not be allowed to buy the whole of Nigeria;
Cement, sugar, tomatoes, roads, refinery, telecommunication.
It's not fair.

5 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2017
I hope Airtel or Glo wins it. It affords them the ability to expand and take out MTN. May the best man win.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by lelvin(m): 7:04am On Nov 25, 2017
I'd love to acquire and transform the company.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by secpowell: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2017
Smile or dangote should win this bid. They can managed the network better.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by hurricanekatrina(f): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2017
again;?
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by giftedben: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2017
Jejosan:
I wish GLOBACOM wins the bid because it will improve their network strength and for the good of Glo users.efficient use of data

God forbid. We need serious minded investor. Dangote is the only genuine investor on that list. Over the years his investments have been top notch.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2017
Dangote is good to go because with his connection with every regim he will monopolize the telecoms business snd pursue MTN vack to south Africa leaving only glo to survive

Second choice is glo, they got the experience of telecoms business
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by bioemmy: 7:12am On Nov 25, 2017
I'll love to buy it... But my pocket is doing ojoro...
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by princeade86(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2017
Saraki Telecom (ST) should buy it.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by bleepmate(m): 7:13am On Nov 25, 2017
Globacom should buy it, to improve there network
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by iamdapsyj(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2017
chymer:

But Dangote does not engage in competitive businesses, he thrieves in monopoly.

If he wins the bid, in three years other telcos, would have been frustrated out of business.

That will be when the difference would be clear.

I really do not think so. If the policy is not skewed to favour dangote, I see no reason why there won't be competition. Dangote will want to pump in more money as usual but I don't think other competitors will fold there hands.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by obowunmi(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2017
Nairaland should buy this.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 25, 2017
Smile Telecom or The Caryle Group.

That is all.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Benekruku(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2017
The Best not on the list!

MTN
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Benekruku(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2017
dumo1:
I hope Airtel or Glo wins it. It affords them the ability to expand and take out MTN. May the best man win.

Stop dreaming!

MTN is unshakeable as at where it stands today. Even a merger of all other telecom company wont shake it.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Wallade(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2017
I wish Smile Telecoms Holdings can get this and I hope they have the human and material resources to manage it successfully. I don't want Glo, Airtel or Dangote to get it.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Reference(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2017
I prefer the Dangote Group. First, indigenous. Second, he has become an international player and operates fluidly in the consumer goods sector. Most importantly he knows the values of business and will surely pursue aggressive growth strategies that will ultimately keep his competition and the industry on its toes. The sector will become as virile as an influenza outbreak. There's too much laxity in it and statemated skirmishes. No one has done anything big since 2002. Trust Dangote to ignite fierce competition.

Globacom and Airtel should be barred naturally for anti-trust or competition reasons. We donot want an artificial monopoly created for no values whatsoever and both donot have the kind of desirable services for any right thinking person to support their bids. The bigger they get, the more sluggish they will become. We need a low level civil war in that industry.

The others may just become like the power sector operators, unknown quatities before and proven invalids after.

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2017
Vicboi1:
I wish glo can win so they can use 2 bands for their 4g because the band 28 is not on every 4g phones
Abeg! Abeg! Not Glo o o o!!! If Glo wins, I'll drop my sim forever.
Slow poke network!!

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 25, 2017
Reference:
I prefer the Dangote Group. First, indigenous. Second, he has become an international player and operates fluidly in the consumer goods sector. Most importantly he knows the values of business and will surely pursue aggressive growth strategies that will ultimately keep his competition and the industry on its toes. The sector will become as virile as an influenza outbreak. There's too much laxity in it and statemated skirmishes. No one has done anything big since 2002. Trust Dangote to ignite fierce competition.

Globacom and Airtel should be barred naturally for anti-trust or competition reasons. We donot want an artuficual monopoly created for no values whatsoever and both donot have the kind if desirable services for any right thinking person to support their bids. The bigger they get, the more sluggish they will become. We need a low level civil war in that industry.

The others may just become like the power sector operators, unknown quatities before and proven invalids after.
Thanks bro! A fresh face will do a world of good in the telecom sector. Glo and Airtel or even MTN won't take us anywhere other than their reap off services.
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by onatisi(m): 7:30am On Nov 25, 2017
anonymouskay:
I hope glo wins the bid cause that means better network strength for the cheap data plans they offer
glo that is finding it difficult to give quality service with their own network will now be able to manage 2 networks?how possible?
even the one they are managing they are giving out shitty services

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 7:31am On Nov 25, 2017
undecided
I saw people wishing Glo and Airtel wins.
I wish Dangote wins. Cos he's driven with vision and professionalism.

Some years ago, Glo advertised that they wer the first to put something in the sea.... Till today, their network is still horrible. If they cannot manage their network, is it a merged company they'll now be successful at?

Glo should talk of having a good track record before talking merger biko. That money they want to spend in acquiring a telecoms company that's better than them, they should use it in improving their services.

As for Airtel, I dunno

kingsamm:
9mobile is currently up for sale after the initial saga that led them into changing names from Etisalat to 9mobile. The scramble to acquire 9mobile, Nigeria’s fourth largest network operator, has advanced to the next stage.

10 bidders are left out of the 16 who expressed interest in the purchase. And the highest bidder will acquire 9mobile.

Here is a List of The 10 bidders of 9mobile

1. Globacom Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s second largest network operator
2. Airtel Nigeria
3. Dangote Group’s telecoms business unit
4. Alheri Engineering Limited
5. Smile Telecoms Holdings
6. Centricus Capital and Africell
7. Abraaj Capital (Based in Dubai)
8. Teleology Holdings Limited
9. The Carlyle Group
10. Africa Capital Alliance (ACA)

The 10 firms above have been pre-qualified to submit their financial bids for the acquisition of 9mobile, this will be the final process through which a winner with the highest bid submitted for 9mobile, will emerge.

9mobile, formerly Etisalat Nigeria, was put on the block early this year after it defaulted on a $1.2 billion loan from a consortium of 13 Nigerian banks. Etisalat Group the mother company in Abu Dhabi backed out leaving its Nigeria arm of business to its own fate, to survive on a new name.

The question is, who do you think should acquire 9mobile among the 10 bidders?

Source - http://www.naijatechs.com/2017/11/9mobile-is-up-for-sale.html

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by iliyande(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2017
The better glo win the better for all of us
Because if glo procures 9mobile, that means automatic expansion of more 4G bands...
With their cheap data plans every Nigerian will be able to use 4G phone.

4 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by zoedew: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2017
Econet. Regrettably however they are not bidding for obvious reasons
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by DAVE41(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2017
Make dangote buy so that we can have something to yearn about
Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Sagay212: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2017
Dangote , airtel or globacom should never win it. The Indians running these company will ruin it with their senseless management rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Nbote(m): 7:51am On Nov 25, 2017
Some of U are funny.. U want Glo to win so it would improve ur ntwrks, have u asked what it would do to existing 9mobile subscribers? Glo's terrible network would only succeed in ruining what 9mobile has due to d pressure and afta a couple of years it would b up for sale again afta losing subscribers to other ntwrks. A new player shld come into d fold jare... Its d competition dat would make for competing prices and offers

2 Likes

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by jaxxy(m): 7:52am On Nov 25, 2017
Jejosan:
I wish GLOBACOM wins the bid because it will improve their network strength and for the good of Glo users.efficient use of data

Glo will kill the network. Their poorly runned mgt can't handle it aswell. I think it should go to a neutral company or outsider telecom investors

1 Like

Re: 9mobile Is Up For Sale - Who Do You Think Would Buy It? by Revolva(m): 7:52am On Nov 25, 2017
for sale...again na wa oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NCAA To Demolish Globacom Masts Nationwide Over ₦5.9 Billion Debts / Download Clash Of Clans Mod APK + Obb for Android (unlimited Everything Gems) / 11 Hilarious Ways The Internet Reacted To The Iphone 7 Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.