Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? (675 Views)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Pres.jonathan Usual Pose At Bomb Scene(picture),is This A Sign Of Cluelessness? / Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by AntKenny: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2010
This is not an attempt to glorify or condone the actions of fraudsters; but to persuade people (you do not know from a different continent entirely) to part with their money, takes some skill.

There are a variety of scams in operation today and they depend on two ingredients; the skill of the fraudster and the ‘victims’ greed. Greed is the vice of the educated and uneducated. Of the millions of emails sent out from a Nigerian internet cafe; you’ll be sure that one or two wide eyed individuals will respond.
The ability to manipulate, convince, gain the trust of individuals and seal the deal is a skill which can be transferrable to a multitude of careers.  But with no jobs, dabbling in scams is a better option to starving.

419 is sadly one of Nigeria’s most important export industry; making use of what would otherwise be dormant skills.

http://antslittlethoughts..com/
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by rerute1(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
True talk man. Nigerians have got d skills dat can improve d nation. But we channel our skills and resources in d wrong direction. An excerpt from www.rerute-blueboy..com
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by alicianna(f): 1:03am On Mar 26, 2010
A sad fact. sad
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by Ikengawo: 4:01am On Mar 26, 2010
who said there's no jobs? what nigerian in your village has ever filled an application, or gone from store to store (and there's trillions of them in nigeria) looking for a job the way they do in america?

Nigerians think the government will hand them a job or their relatives will give them one and when that doesn't happen they're depressed.
They think a 'job' is wearing a suit and sitting in an office and if you offer them money to do anything else they will think you're insulting them.

I told this guy with an orange tree in front of his house that gives everyone free oranges while he complains about unemployment to start selling oranges or orange juice or both. he thought i was trying to insult him, mind you he didn't go to school.

nigerians think it's an insult to work in nothing less then a bank.

so yeah, jobs are there, my little brother got a job at a critically understaffed hotel. We all noticed they were understaffed and employees were working 24 hour shifts. So he asked to cover 8 for them. they paid him his money for the 3 days we were there and he left nigeria with a profit LOL

so i dont want to hear nigerians say they're doing this and that and that and this BECAUSE of unemployment. a 419er is 419ing because he is a thief with no shame, a kidnapper is kidnapping because he is a criminal and sociopath with no coping skills.

that's all there is to it. don't make excuses cause all the lazy nigerians seem to be the unemployed ones and all the hardworking ones are working hard.
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by ElRazur: 6:30am On Mar 26, 2010
Hard to disagree with Ikengawo's post. That one na proper true talk.
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by lannre(m): 6:40am On Mar 26, 2010
And who do we blame for this? Believe me the whole system is frustrating. Hardwork is not reciprocate with motivation. Thieves have 100 Chieftancy titles, they are made senators,Inec Boss, , uhhh. No one is justifying bad attitude or 419. But check the dexterity these "Entrepreneurs" use to execute their projects you will be surprised !
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by ElRazur: 6:44am On Mar 26, 2010
Arrrrghhhh must you blame? Here, blame the white man. Once you do, it will make everything go away.
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by lannre(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2010
ElRazur:

Arrrrghhhh must you blame? Here, blame the white man. Once you do, it will make everything go away.

How do you mean ?
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by invisible2(m): 7:09am On Mar 26, 2010
There is work everywhere in Nigeria only if you try. The lazy ones won't find work and so will turn to crime. Some Nigerians here keep a 9 to 5 job, invest in stocks, do real estate business, renting flats they built, reselling lands they bought, while doing contracts in other companies. Just go out there and try. Keep trying and you always win. For the theves who mask their actions and say its 419, what are you gonna tell your kids? Can you rebuke your child and advice them not to steal, how can you enjoy your loot while someone is commiting suicide abroad for your actions, cursing you as he takes his last breath?
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by ofokaofoki: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2010
ElRazur:

this el razur is an asshole honestly. why are u insulting others?
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by oderemo(m): 11:35am On Mar 26, 2010
this el razur is an asshole honestly. why are u insulting others
you are stepping on the tiger tail there. shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by ElRazur: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2010
ode remo:

you are stepping on the tiger tail there. shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin

When you have some one who have very low levels of all round intelligence and who cannot match you in a logical debate, what you see then is a superb display of stupidity. In this case, he follows me round the forum copying and pasting the same lines. Very pathetic. smiley
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by ogajim(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2010
STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

Dear SIR/MADAM,

Compliments of the day to you and your family.I am writing to you with much respect and honor to this letter, which must remain private and confidential. I know my proposal will come to you as a surprise since you do not precisely know me. Anyway, my mind accepted you and I believe that this proposal will bring mutual benefit for both of us.

Let me use this medium to introduce myself to you, I am MRS CECELIA KAMOKAI the wife of Alhaji Mustapha KAMOKAI, the former chairman of Diamond National Mining Co-operation and once the Director of Works and Housing before his untimely death. My Husband associated himself with coup plotters that ousted the government of Ahmed Tijan Kabbah on the 25th of May 1997 and was executed including ten (10) others.

As a result of his death and uncontrollable war in my country, Sierra Leone, my children and I decided to seek asylum in South Africa where my Husband had deposited US5.5m for us. We now want to use this money for investment in your country since we do not have anybody to assist us. Therefore, I am asking for your urgent assistance to forward this money into your country using very confidential and reliable means in which I will offer you 30% of the total amount for your king assistance.

However, This money is safely kept in a Security Company before my husband death under disguise as precious items and nobody has any slight knowledge of what is inside the box deposited with the Security Company. In other words, there is no risk involved and so not hesitate to ask questions where necessary.

All the documents covering the deposition of the money with the Security Company are intact with my son and me. For more information, please contact my son Richard on +27-823-434-963 to provide you with detailed information on how the transfer of this fund can made to your country upon acceptance. Please your private phone and fax numbers will be mostly needed for easy and confidential communication.

I look forward to your earliest reply through my private email address

Best regards,
mrs cicelia kamokai
For the family

This kind of LETTER must take lots of smarts to write cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Little wonder no investments comes there with no power, infrastructure, abundance of corruption, 419 in all shapes and sizes, etc. Get real folks!
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by daduke2k(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
hey got sum u might wanna shar

[b]From The Desk Of Dave Coleman
Department: Senior Manager Accounts/Audit
Nat West Bank London

Good day, I apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail Instead of a Certified/Post-mail. This is due to the urgency and importance of the information.

I humbly crave your indulgence to read this e-mail with all seriousness of purpose devoid of any doubt in your mind because this project is based on trust,
confidentiality and sincerity of purpose in order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds.although, we have never met before, but i have every reason to believe that you are a highly respected personality, considering the fact that i got your e- mail address through internet my online network, while searching for a reliable and
reputable person that can handle this transaction.

I am a senior manager accounts/audit in Nat West Bank London. I am writing following an opportunity in my office that will be of immense benefit to both of us.
In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of 10.5 (Ten million five hundred Thousand Pounds Only) in an account that belong to one of our foreign
customers late Mr.Morris Thompson an American who unfortunately lost
his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed on January 31 2000,including his wife and only daughter.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin or relatives to come over and claim his money, because we cannot release it unless some body applies for it as next of kin or relation to the decease as indicated in our banking guidelines. Unfortunately i discovered that his supposed next of kin being his only daughter died along with him in the plane crash leaving nobody with the
knowledge of the funds behind for claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that i and two other officials in this department now decided to make business with you and release the money to you as the next of kin or beneficiary of the funds for safety keeping and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go back into government treasury as unclaimed bill.
The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that any unclaimed money after ten years will be transferred into banking treasury account as unclaimed funds.
We agreed that 35% of this money would be for you as foreign partner,while the balance will be for my colleagues and I. I will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentage indicated above, once this money gets into your account.
Please be honest with me. To commence this transaction, we require you to immediately indicate your interest by a return e-mail and enclose the
Following information: 1. Full name 2: Your private telephone and
Fax numbers. 3. Occupations and Nationality.

Note this transaction is confidential and risk free.As soon as you receive this email,please contact me through my private E-mail address (davecmann@mail.mn) Please note that all the necessary arrangement for the smooth release of these funds to you has been finalized.

We will discuss much in details when i do receive your response.

Best regards,

Dave Coleman
e. ````[/b] so enticing
Re: ‘419’- A Sign Of Employability? by puskin: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
Not enticing enough! ! ! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

The Murky World Of Corruption Called China / Nigeria Going To War With Libya / Imo Police Back Planned Phase-Out of Automated Teller Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.