Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,807 members, 7,862,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Speedometer Reset - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Speedometer Reset (1107 Views)

Why Does My Speedometer Reading Differs From GPS / Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) / 4 Signs Of A Faulty Speedometer Sensor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speedometer Reset by Davidlanny: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2017
Hello house,

Please how do I reset toyota camry 1996 speedometer back to zero so I can be monitoring
the engine oil change time
Re: Speedometer Reset by autologic: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2017
U can use the difference of odometer reading.

1 Like

Re: Speedometer Reset by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:42am On Nov 23, 2017
Davidlanny:
Hello house,

Please how do I reset toyota camry 1996 speedometer back to zero so I can be monitoring
the engine oil change time

speedometer measures speed when you are driving

then odometer measures distance travelled by a car, you can reset it to zero as zero only applies to car coming out of the production line only

you can use a trip computer to do the doing down (aslong now reset it)

then you can still use the odometer with current figures eg 100000miles on the clock and your oil service is due every 5000miles so when you mileage shows 105000miles then your oil is due for change
Re: Speedometer Reset by mayor2013: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
ZIMDRILL:

speedometer measures speed when you are driving

then odometer measures distance travelled by a car, you can reset it to zero as zero only applies to car coming out of the production line only

you can use a trip computer to do the doing down (aslong now reset it)

then you can still use the odometer with current figures eg 100000miles on the clock and your oil service is due every 5000miles so when you mileage shows 105000miles then your oil is due for change

Guess he is talking about his Trip i.e Trip A to monitor his next engine oil change. @ "op" there is a thin like knob right in front of your instrument cluster. Press it and it xhanges to trip a when on trip a hold it down to change to zero
Re: Speedometer Reset by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
mayor2013:

Guess he is talking about his Trip i.e Trip A to monitor his next engine oil change. @ "op" there is a thin like knob right in front of your instrument cluster. Press it and it xhanges to trip a when on trip a hold it down to change to zero

but one can accidentally press it
Re: Speedometer Reset by cyborg123(m): 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
I believe, there's a black narrow knob you press in gently to reset the trip counter on your car model.

(1) (Reply)

Guess Who Sold A 1981 Volvo 262 Coupe Sold For N78 Million / RX 330 Humming Issues / I Misplaced My Car Papers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.