Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

***modeling Agencies Stop Using Our Girls*** - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ***modeling Agencies Stop Using Our Girls*** (558 Views)

Latest Trend. Our Girls Now Wear Only Pants In Public. Pics / Cute Hairstyles For Our Girls / Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

***modeling Agencies Stop Using Our Girls*** by Coneighbour(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
I get so sick receiving dm's and calls telling me to vote for one face of Ogoni garri, one miss Beauty dis or one Africa Queen of something something and all those gibberish.

What has come over our girl's ?
Every body wants to be a Queen or
Princess of one thing or the other.

And the sad part is, most of these girls have not taken time to ask themselves questions.

1. Do I have the aptitude for this?

2. Am I willing to be a model for the rest of my life?

4. Am I willing to go through my life watching what I consume(eat/drink)?

5. Will the significant others in my life be proud of me as a model ?

Most of them I'm very sure lacks the basic characteristics of being called a model, no height, no physique, no nothing needed to walk on the run way.

**hope I'm not being too harsh ni ?**

These agencies be selling forms for outrageous amounts, and of course our girls would go under ground to get this forms bought.

Now it's a yardstick that every slim girl with one kind small straight bow leg is automatically fit to become a model. Chai!

Imagine how myopic our girls/ ladies have become?

I remembered when a course mate got me involved in this modeling gamble. We had to go from class to class, street to street with my phone and her laptop begging people to log on Facebook and vote for her. Yet, she no even win any chikini thing.

I just wasted megabytes and strength for nothing. Kai!

Modeling agencies now use girls like toys, giving them unimaginable task to accomplish. Some of the few I have heard are,

* You must sell tickets worth 300k and above.

* You must get all the traditional attires of all the cultures in Nigeria.

* You must be in camp 2 weeks before the program proper.

* You must get 1k likes on your pics to qualify for the final round, then the person with the highest likes wins the show.

And most times, when their plans of who will Win isn't working out, they disqualify eligible models so the plot will be legit **Scammers.com**

And these girls are not aware that these agencies are using them to build their fan base online that they will use for subsequent businesses.

Miss model, questions you should ask yourself are, how many modeling agencies have stood the test of time and all your friends that have engaged in one modeling deal or the other, where are they today?

Modeling agencies are springing up everyday like the price of fuel in Nigeria. But wait oooo, have you noticed, the relatively constant supply of fuel with no scarcity in Nigeria? **YEY.... UP NEPA** **wink**

But that by the way...

I've also heard cases were these girls are used as toys in the hands of modeling agencies in collaboration with our dear politicians.

And one funny part is, even the up coming models are aware of these evils that are been perpetrated in the modeling industry, yet they still fall prey to fame which is clearly a mirage.

These girls are brain washed into going the extra miles to do these things.

I know girls that can't afford 10k on their own, but when given a task to remit 300k from ticket sales( Now how is that possible) but funny enough, they magically do it, indeed the strength of a woman is real.

My director would always say, "Hunting a talent is not enough, but what would you do after that" ?

Eat them?

This one is for all them TV and reality show, how many winners of these tv shows have actually broken through after winning ?
We just hunt these talents, and leave them stranded..

But notwithstanding, we've had relatively very few population of models succeed in the modeling industry in this part of the world.

I can only remember Agbani Derego at this point.

For heavens sake, their are more meaningful things to involve in, than waste your precious time in the hands of this agencies playing kalo-kalo with your life.

And on the other hand, even after winning the pageantry, what next?

Open one foundation, to help one less privilege home or orphanage center and when your tenure elapse, the foundation dies.

The funniest part is everyone of them have the same vision in administration. Immediately they win Miss one thing, they automatically become a humanitarian which they weren't born for.

Sha...... Maybe it's a sort of side hustle for some people at least we've seen cases where a model is given a Car price, money and a vacation trip to Dubai and A first class student is given a cup/mug. #UniLagihail.

And it's so glaring that one can easily predict the winners of these pageantry show, because the one who is willing to pay the price either physically or otherwise goes home with the crown.

My young aspiring model, if you are not convinced about staying through to modeling, please invest your life in something more profitable.

You are too special to be toyed with by this dubious Modeling agencies..

Note: Some have what it takes to be a model that's true, but majority are not fit to stand at the corridor of anything called modeling. ** oya waka**

**With due respect**

Share to those who are into modeling but you and i know they do not have what it takes. **Shaking my kidney**

Boma Halliday
#Ideapreneur

http:///2zmzxXP

Re: ***modeling Agencies Stop Using Our Girls*** by Missnande(f): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
I believe you're mixing up modelling agencies with pageantries,same thing with their functions. You have a strong point,but your facts are jumbled. My guess is you don't fully understand the world you're castigating.
Re: ***modeling Agencies Stop Using Our Girls*** by Coneighbour(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Missnande:
I believe you're mixing up modelling agencies with pageantries,same thing with their functions. You have a strong point,but your facts are jumbled. My guess is you don't fully understand the world you're castigating.

Please educate us.

(1) (Reply)

33% Discount On Super Eagles Official Jersey - Cheapest Price / How To Color Human Hair Wig / Ankara Styles That Are Investment Pieces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.