Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway (20113 Views)

Governor Obiano Restricts Movement Of Tankers Carrying Petrol From 8pm To 5am / The Task Force On Apapa Restoration Briefs The Press, Speaks On Challenges / Osinbajo Takes Aerial View Of Apapa-Oshodi From A Helicopter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by UbanmeUdie: 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
shocked
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by ewebiodun: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
I still can't understand why it is just so difficult to
decongest that road. The govt, port operators and the drivers together with there unions are in cahoots in making that place d way it is. But I still just can't understand the economic sense

1 Like

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by asawanathegreat(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
At least traffic go reduce small
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by stanliwise(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
KehnnyCares:
They should concentrate on repairing the roads first. That road isn't pliable at all.
repairing the road while the tanker are parked on the road
This is the reason why I want to relocate to mars

1 Like

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by 1mobile: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
naptu2:
They need to clear the pipeline vandals in Ikorodu and Arepo and resume piping petroleum products to depots in other states.

Petroleum products are meant to be piped to depots in Ibadan, Ilorin, etc., but vandals keep breaking the pipelines to steal fuel. The NNPC stopped piping petroleum products to the depots because they keep losing fuel/money, so tanker trucks have to come from as far away as Ilorin and Kano to load product in Lagos. Of course they have to wait in Lagos until it's time to load and the only place they can wait is on the roadside (the trailer parks are waaay too congested).

This results in a situation where there are too many tanker trucks on the road. They cause traffic jams and destroy the roads in Lagos.

The tanker drivers go on strike if their vehicles are confiscated and the resultant fuel scarcity forces the government to release their trucks.

They need to drive away the vandals and militants, resume piping petroleum products and ban out of state tanker trucks from loading in Lagos.

bro dont be surprised that the owners of the tankers are the ones sponsoring this pipeline vandals in other for them to have business.Naija the more you look the less you see o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by Lionhearted: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatwhite:
The only way to remove tankers permanently is to relocate loading bay/tank firm from apapa. Take them to epe. The tankers would disappear naturally.
making Epe too to be congested.
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by AcquireCofOLand(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
DEPOSIT #100K AND GET TURKEY, BAG OF RICE AND COOKING OIL

buy 1plot from villa garden city
Behind MFM prayer City Magboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklgX6yrWIc

Price: #650 per plot
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN UP TO 6 MONTHS

3 Months plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
6 months plan: #120k × 6 months = #720K

Deposit #100K and spread the balance for 3 to 6 months

Contact me on
08034113771 (or WhatsApp +2348027390046)

Let's discuss your options
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by bremo(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
It's not just on Apapa-Oshodi express way, what of those ones on Ikorodu Rd? It's a big turn off for a state that derives joy in over stressing already stressed out citizens after hard day's work.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by KehnnyCares(m): 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
stanliwise:
repairing the road while the tanker are parked on the road
This is the reason why I want to relocate to mars
When you jump into conclusion with your stupid myopic mind for likes on a faceless forum. You're nothing but an idiot. Do you even ply the road we talking about here? What about the other lane they've evacuated those tankers from? What have they done there?

Don't ever in your life quote me again.
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by stanliwise(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
KehnnyCares:
When you jump into conclusion with your stupid myopic mind for likes on a faceless forum. You're nothing but an idiot. Do you even ply the road we talking about here? What about the other lane they've evacuated those tankers from? What have they done there?

Don't ever in your life quote me again.
I haven't said anything abusive you know.
You're just pained.

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by correctguy101(m): 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
This action is long overdue.... I hope it's properly done this time...
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by aziddam1001(m): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatwhite:
The only way to remove tankers permanently is to relocate loading bay/tank firm from apapa. Take them to epe. The tankers would disappear naturally.
And why Epe?
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by AFONJACOW(m): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
I need 4 pieces 40ft empty container
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by luminouz(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
biacan:
Ah thank GOD I can now go to work in peace
Lmaoooooo..
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by deepwater(f): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
naptu2:
They need to clear the pipeline vandals in Ikorodu and Arepo and resume piping petroleum products to depots in other states.

Petroleum products are meant to be piped to depots in Ibadan, Ilorin, etc., but vandals keep breaking the pipelines to steal fuel. The NNPC stopped piping petroleum products to the depots because they keep losing fuel/money, so tanker trucks have to come from as far away as Ilorin and Kano to load product in Lagos. Of course they have to wait in Lagos until it's time to load and the only place they can wait is on the roadside (the trailer parks are waaay too congested).

This results in a situation where there are too many tanker trucks on the road. They cause traffic jams and destroy the roads in Lagos.

The tanker drivers go on strike if their vehicles are confiscated and the resultant fuel scarcity forces the government to release their trucks.

They need to drive away the vandals and militants, resume piping petroleum products and ban out of state tanker trucks from loading in Lagos.

While your points are valid, have considered that big politicians have invested so much in the trucking business? The likes of A. A Rano ET Al won't watch their investment go down without a fight.

Same is akin to power supply and generator investors.

Nigeria is run like a drug business, people invest to make huge return without care for the workers and at the detriment of the non investors undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by donnaD(f): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
Na today we don dey hear am??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by excel123: 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
HOPE FOR THE NEEDY

VENUE: Chosen Revival Ground, Ijesha, Lagos, Nigeria.

DATE: Sat 25th - Sun 26th November, 2017.

TIME: 8am Daily

MINISTERING: Pastor Lazarus Mouka

Yes oooo, Master Jesus is the hope for every thing that has gone sour in your life. When He steps in, situation changes for good. In the Bible Days, whenever/wherever the news about Him being in the town is heralded, everyone wants to have a glimpse of Him. This is because, on seeing Him alone, impotent folks are made whole.

I want to let you know that the same man is on a visit to His people. He's heard the cries of his own and decided to pay visit to put an end to those irritating issues of his people.

Therefore are you maimed? Has troubles of life eaten you up?

Do you have terminal diseases that even doctors have given up on you?
Have you been termed barren?
Are you relieved of your duties where you are working?
Have you been writing exams and no success?
Have friends relegated you to the background because of your poverty stricken state? Do you have episodes of poverty replaying in your family always?

I have a good news for you, that precious friend to the downtrodden, The Hope For The Needy, Master Jesus Himself, who in a twinkling of an eye, set the man at the Pool of Bethesda for 38 years free will visit you shortly.

The ugly/tragic scenes in your story lines will be changed to beautiful/comic scenes. You shall smile again.

In this programme, there shall be Salvation, Sanctification, Holy Ghost Baptism, Deliverance, Miracle, Healing and lots more.

The programme shall be streamed live on www.tlccrm.org
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by jwax: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
This people are clueless and useless.

You are clearing them, where do you want them to go?

That road links to the two biggest and busiest sea ports in Nigeria, generating billions for federal government.

The road is so bad and that's what's causing the gridlock.

You are clearing them? What are you going to use for transporting goods imported into the country? Or are they telling us that the ports will be closed down?

That road has been like that as long as I can remember. I live around coconut and I can't count number of times containers fell and kill people. Few years ago, my neighbor's family was almost wiped out when container fell on their car, leaving just two survivals, last week I witnessed three times how containers smashed the head of two ladies and two men, one who happened to be my brother's neighbor.

That road is a death trap. A reasonable government will link railway lines to all sea and air ports for transporting those imported goods or better still create a different trailer and tanker drivers lanes for them alone.

Foolish government, they deemed it fit to create separate lanes for BRT buses but allow trailers and tankers to move and threaten the life of motorists. God help us
Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by naptu2: 12:46am On Nov 24, 2017
1mobile:

bro dont be surprised that the owners of the tankers are the ones sponsoring this pipeline vandals in other for them to have business.Naija the more you look the less you see o

deepwater:

While your points are valid, have considered that big politicians have invested so much in the trucking business? The likes of A. A Rano ET Al won't watch their investment go down without a fight.

Same is akin to power supply and generator investors.

Nigeria is run like a drug business, people invest to make huge return without care for the workers and at the detriment of the non investors undecided

Piping petroleum products will not eliminate the trucking business. It will only change the distance they have to cover.

For example, rather than driving all the way to Lagos to load product, the trucks will simply go to the depot in Ibadan or Ilorin to load. The trucks are still useful, it's just that the distance will change and the system will be more efficient.

You are both right that there are people that have an interest in this inefficient system, but those are the fuel thieves and militants who make millions from stealing petroleum products from the pipelines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by wordcat(m): 6:50am On Nov 24, 2017
Ambode's reasons

AutoReportNG:

This made them park on the main carriageways for days and in the process impeding the free flow of traffic,” Musa said.

“This was largely due to the fact that shipping companies that were supposed to provide holding bays for the empty containers in accordance with the license issued for them to operate in the country have either refused to provide or the ones existing were inadequate.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/11/lagos-starts-total-evacuation-of.html

@Lalasticlala

The actual reason for the hold up

Re: Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway by Exponental(m): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2017
I expected the Ogun state government to have built mega truck parks at Ogun/ Lagos boundaries

(1) (2) (Reply)

What APC Government Has Done For Nigeria – Buhari / Gov. Fashola Hands Over New Area ‘c’ Police Command In Surulere / Armed Police Stage Terror Drill In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.