Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects (733 Views)

Tinubu Pernicious, Disingenuous Liar – Femi Fani-kayode / You're A Pernicious Liar - Coalition Blasts Kenneth Okonkwo / FFK: "Osinbajo Is A Pernicious Liar, Sanctimonious Self-Serving Dwarf" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
It is no longer news that the popular and hardworking ethnic group, popularly known as the Fulani's and, or Fulbe are viewed differently across Nigerian depending on your encounter, affiliation or experience with them.

If you meet a Fulani person in urban areas across the world, you will see a matured, good looking, brilliant and hard working individual. If you did not make trouble with him/her, you will enjoy the acquaintance.

If on the other hand you meet a herder Fulani in the farmland while he's determined to feed his cattle; you will have to be lucky not to get a raw deal from him/them.

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

WHY WONT THE CIVILIZED AND EDUCATED FULANIS COME UP WITH THE SOLUTION TO THE MENARCE OCHESTRATED BY THE NOMADIC FULANIS, TO GIVE THE ENTIRE FULBE RACE A NOBLE CLOAK/NAME?

Just last week, while in one of the Northern states of Nigeria, I entered a market to buy ocra.

Alas, the commodity was too expensive. So I politely asked the guy "but this is too costly compared to how it was sold a week back"?

The guy opened up and said that this is just the beginning. He said that cows have already entered farmlands and from now on, many will be eaten by cows while the few making it to markets will be costlier than this.

I asked again "why do cow owners allow the cow eat up across in other people's farmlands"?
He answered " because they will kill anything preventing the animal from feeding on the acro and ocra is very vital to cows"

In order not to look odd, I told him that I have cows, but I will not destroy other people's farm, rather I will farm ocra and make my cows feed on my own ocra farm.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
In some part of the North, some farmers told me that the reason they no longer farm cotton, is because no cotton farm will exist without cows eating up the plant as soon as it grow to be visible.

"Why"? I asked

The farmer told me that "cotton is one of the best leaves" that cow cannot resist, and the herders would rather kill the farmer than have their herds not eat their cherished leaves".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
There is no problems without solution and the Fulani vs. Farmers problem is no exception.
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by MicheyJ1: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
98.9% are illiterates just like Jubrin the dullard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
MicheyJ1:
98.9% are illiterates just like Jubrin the dullard.

No, my dear.

Many of the Fulanis are well educated.
I assure you.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by Alexus23: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nigeria was a brilliant mistake. As long as the nation keeps crawling, then western countries will keep calling the shot. Now, we Biafrans really want to opt out, seening that nothing will fix the already expired union, but we were tagged terrorist. Tell me, what is a more terrorist, an AK47 cow zombie lover who will shoot anything that stands on the way of his cow, or a group of people that wants out?
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by otil1: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
If cotton is irresistible to cows and also okra and even rice and other farm plants, why can't the herders clear land and grow it for their lovely and loved cows?

They wait u til the farmers have sweated and planted to come and spoil their hard labour

eodavids:
In some part of the North, some farmers told me that the reason they no longer farm cotton, is because no cotton farm will exist without cows eating up the plant as soon as it grow to be visible.

"Why"? I asked

The farmer told me that "cotton is one of the best leaves" that cow cannot resist, and the herders would rather kill the farmer than have their herds not eat their cherished leaves".
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by otil1: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
Very soon we will have just cow meat and no yams or cassava or carrots
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
Alexus23:
Nigeria was a brilliant mistake. As long as the nation keeps crawling, then western countries will keep calling the shot. Now, we Biafrans really want to opt out, seening that nothing will fix the already expired union, but we were tagged terrorist. Tell me, what is a more terrorist, an AK47 cow zombie lover who will shoot anything that stands on the way of his cow, or a group of people that wants out?

Its all but politics my bros.

We still have hope in Nigeria.
Let the Igbos relax. If Nigeria will work, it has to be fixed by Ndigbo working in alliance with other Nigerians.

If however Nigeria will disintegrate, it will not be orchestrated by Umu-igbo.

Mark my word and relax
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
otil1:
If cotton is irresistible to cows and also okra and even rice and other farm plants, why can't the herders clear land and grow it for their lovely and loved cows?

They wait u til the farmers have sweated and planted to come and spoil their hard labour

Brilliant!
Your observation is perfect.

It must be factored into what will serve as the eventual solution

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
otil1:
Very soon we will have just cow meat and no yams or cassava or carrots

We are all human beings, not carnivores.

Human beings are classified as omnivorous, meaning we eat various foods ranging from fruits, veges, roots, cereals, grains, etc.

Humans cannot survive on meat alone. We aren't from the "cats" family.

Experts says its even better to survive on vegetables alone than on flesh/meats alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
My worry, which should also unsettle every Nigerian is that approaches like the anti-grazing enactments by few states have been rejected by our Fulani brothers.

Unfortunately, they have not proffered a better and generally acceptable option that can better the anti-grazing laws.

We await the way forward.

Great thinkers must wear their thinking cap on this issue.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by Konquest: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
eodavids:
It is no longer news that the popular and hardworking ethnic group, popularly known as the Fulani's and, or Fulbe are viewed differently across Nigerian depending on your encounter, affiliation or experience with them.

If you meet a Fulani person in urban areas across the world, you will see a matured, good looking, brilliant and hard working individual. If you did not make trouble with him/her, you will enjoy the acquaintance.

If on the other hand you meet a herder Fulani in the farmland while he's determined to feed his cattle; you will have to be lucky not to get a raw deal from him/them.

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

WHY WONT THE CIVILIZED AND EDUCATED FULANIS COME UP WITH THE SOLUTION TO THE MENARCE OCHESTRATED BY THE NOMADIC FULANIS, TO GIVE THE ENTIRE FULBE RACE A NOBLE CLOAK/NAME?

Just last week, while in one of the Northern states of Nigeria, I entered a market to buy ocra.

Alas, the commodity was too expensive. So I politely asked the guy "but this is too costly compared to how it was sold a week back"?

The guy opened up and said that this is just the beginning. He said that cows have already entered farmlands and from now on, many will be eaten by cows while the few making it to markets will be costlier than this.

I asked again "why do cow owners allow the cow eat up across in other people's farmlands"?
He answered " because they will kill anything preventing the animal from feeding on the acro and ocra is very vital to cows"

In order not to look odd, I told him that I have cows, but I will not destroy other people's farm, rather I will farm ocra and make my cows feed on my own ocra farm.

^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^
@ eodavids

Very profound. I love the way you
write well with good punctuations
and NO typographic errors.

All the best! smiley

PS: Is ocra your own style of spelling
okro or is it a spell-checker issue?
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^
@ eodavids

Very profound. I love the way you
write well with good punctuations
and NO typographic errors.

All the best! smiley

PS: Is ocra your own style of spelling
okro or is it a spell-checker issue?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by Alexus23: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2017
eodavids:

Its all but politics my bros.

We still have hope in Nigeria.
Let the Igbos relax. If Nigeria will work, it has to be fixed by Ndigbo working in alliance with other Nigerians.

If however Nigeria will disintegrate, it will not be orchestrated by Umu-igbo.

Mark my word and relax
Guy, forget it. Nigeria will never work. With the amount of hate I see coming daily from the angle of indi'ofe, the aboki's will be a child's play when these guys developed the gut to translate their hate to reality. Kanu fuvck up. I wish he tread the part of gradual progression, at least, the hope to leave this contraption soon would have still been burning. However, whether now or in the future, this deceiption of a country will definitely dissolve.
Thank God, my Igbo brothers, both within and withouth her politically recognized territory, are gradually uniting into one formidable force.
Re: The Fulani Questions & Its Pernicious Effects by eodavids(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2017
Alexus23:

Guy, forget it. Nigeria will never work. With the amount of hate I see coming daily from the angle of indi'ofe, the aboki's will be a child's play when these guys developed the gut to translate their hate to reality. Kanu fuvck up. I wish he tread the part of gradual progression, at least, the hope to leave this contraption soon would have still been burning. However, whether now or in the future, this deceiption of a country will definitely dissolve.
Thank God, my Igbo brothers, both within and withouth her politically recognized territory, are gradually uniting into one formidable force.

My good bros, I feel your plight. However, a little optimism in Nigeria will do all of us a lot of good.

(1) (Reply)

400,000 Nigerians, Others Still Stranded In Libya –AU Commission / No Micro-zoning For Pdp’s Convention Today –wike / PDP Congratulates Secondu, Ask Other Contestants To Accept Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.